Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Annual Site Wide Mock GM LOUNGE DISCUSSION

You can staple my head to the carpet if the Patriots take a first round RB. They learned from the Maroney mistake.

I think they'd go Kolton Miller to replace Solder if the draft fell this way.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(03-27-2018, 10:53 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote:
(03-27-2018, 10:46 PM)JackCity Wrote: I don't see it. Much better athlete than a player right now and his instincts are shocking.

Is he a good athlete?  I didnt think he tested that well. Thought he is a better player than athlete, in the backfield pretty often

Im hoping Smoot will be the guy that is Calais eventual replacement.  I like Bryan but far from the needs on this team.  We need oline much more than we do dline.

Tested amazingly. Only flashed here and there and had minimal production. He's a project but a worthy one if you have time

The Giants take Derrius Guice in round two. First reason...his pick represented the best player available regardless of position. Second, he is a heck of a tough running back who runs with violence and power. He may not have a lengthy career, but he is going to play with gusto. The Giants are getting a beast. A few scouting experts describe Guice as the type of running back other teams in the division hate to face. One even compares his running style to Earl Campbell.

Other considerations: Needs were evaluated. Eli Manning is the quarterback. Between free agency and the 1-2 pick the offensive line unit has been supplemented with the best available talent possible. The departure of Jason Pierre-Paul represents a talent challenge that remains to be addressed.

(03-27-2018, 06:08 PM)NYC4jags Wrote:
(03-27-2018, 05:56 PM)jjah34 Wrote: I think he is referring to Dede Westbrook.

I was attempting humor.  I know what he meant. Never seen someone so upset over the prospect of five good receivers on one team. How dare they sit a Biletnikoff winner to play (gulp) another Biletnikoff winner?? LOL

I don't have an issue with 5 good WRs on a team, I have a problem with the resource allocation of something as valuable as a 1st rd pick going to a player that will barely see the field or cause other very good players to not see the field when we could use that valuable resource on a player that will have more impact in the next couple years we're trying to win a Super Bowl.

I'm not having all the D. J. Moore hype. Is it a joke? He's awful. 

https://youtu.be/G7bsdXIixuQ

I’m not shocked that you’re clueless about him.

(03-28-2018, 01:22 AM)JNev Wrote:
(03-27-2018, 06:08 PM)NYC4jags Wrote: I was attempting humor.  I know what he meant. Never seen someone so upset over the prospect of five good receivers on one team. How dare they sit a Biletnikoff winner to play (gulp) another Biletnikoff winner?? LOL

I don't have an issue with 5 good WRs on a team, I have a problem with the resource allocation of something as valuable as a 1st rd pick going to a player that will barely see the field or cause other very good players to not see the field when we could use that valuable resource on a player that will have more impact in the next couple years we're trying to win a Super Bowl.
I don't want the Jags to use their first rounder on a receiver either, but this "barely see the field" argument is weak.

There will be between 550-600 pass attempts made by the Jags in 2018 if popular theory proves correct. They don't have to trot the same 2 or 3 guys out there every time if they are all playing well enough to deserve looks. That's plenty of snaps to share among a talented corps.  And it's unlikely the top three stay healthy all season anyway.

(This post was last modified: 03-28-2018, 09:21 AM by CSTblank.)

(03-28-2018, 08:57 AM)NYC4jags Wrote:
(03-28-2018, 01:22 AM)JNev Wrote: I don't have an issue with 5 good WRs on a team, I have a problem with the resource allocation of something as valuable as a 1st rd pick going to a player that will barely see the field or cause other very good players to not see the field when we could use that valuable resource on a player that will have more impact in the next couple years we're trying to win a Super Bowl.
I don't want the Jags to use their first rounder on a receiver either, but this "barely see the field" argument is weak.

There will be between 550-600 pass attempts made by the Jags in 2018 if popular theory proves correct. They don't have to trot the same 2 or 3 guys out there every time if they are all playing well enough to deserve looks. That's plenty of snaps to share among a talented corps.  And it's unlikely the top three stay healthy all season anyway.

I agree with this statement. However, doesn't it seem like a luxury pick to take a WR at 29?
Especially when we have other needs.
LB, RG/RT, CB, QB, FS, TE just to name a few.
Honestly from a "needs drafting" perspective, I'd rather see us draft a LB in rd 1 than a WR.

(03-28-2018, 09:11 AM)CSTblank Wrote:
(03-28-2018, 08:57 AM)NYC4jags Wrote: I don't want the Jags to use their first rounder on a receiver either, but this "barely see the field" argument is weak.

I agree with this statement. However, doesn't it seem like a luxury pick to take a WR at 29?
Especially when we have other needs.
LB, RG/RT, CB, QB, FS, TE just to name a few.
Honestly from a "needs drafting" perspective, I'd rather see us draft a LB in rd 1 than a WR.

I really hope it's an OL selection there, but the way the draft falls will determine which is the best value at 29. 

In my mind, as long as they address RG and TE somewhere in the first four rounds I'm going to be fairly content. I'd like to see them get a back-up QB with enough potential that he may push Bortles in 2019 as well as a SAM LB in there too.  WR - I'd actually be fine with them going after late.  Caldwell seems to have a knack for finding value at the position beyond the first round. 

If they really feel good about Blair Brown at SAM LB they could take a WR in rounds 2, 3 or 4. 
If they don't  - then I'd seriously wait till the sixth on a WR unless crazy value falls to one of their picks. 
(kind-of like Dede in the fourth last year)

(03-28-2018, 08:57 AM)NYC4jags Wrote:
(03-28-2018, 01:22 AM)JNev Wrote: I don't have an issue with 5 good WRs on a team, I have a problem with the resource allocation of something as valuable as a 1st rd pick going to a player that will barely see the field or cause other very good players to not see the field when we could use that valuable resource on a player that will have more impact in the next couple years we're trying to win a Super Bowl.
And it's unlikely the top three stay healthy all season anyway.

Yeah Lee and Moncrief have injury histories.

Every year almost every team loses a WR to a knee, ankle, hammy type injury.
Wouldn't hate a WR at 29....
But would def prefer TE, QB, or OL (kinda in that order)

(03-28-2018, 08:55 AM)Cleatwood Wrote: I’m not shocked that you’re clueless about him.

Do me a big favor, I quit trying to find any video that half-way represents what his fans are attempting to project at about seven 2017 video mash-ups. I see nothing about him that indicates he has capable hands, a knack for route-running, or any sense of spacial awareness.

Please let me know if you can think of ANY single game where D. J. Moore demonstrates WR skills worthy of the hype. I will be glad to view it. 

As it stands, he is terrible.

(This post was last modified: 03-28-2018, 10:59 AM by TheO-LineMatters.)

(03-28-2018, 10:13 AM)JUNGLE CAT 2017 Wrote:
(03-28-2018, 08:55 AM)Cleatwood Wrote: I’m not shocked that you’re clueless about him.

Do me a big favor, I quit trying to find any video that half-way represents what his fans are attempting to project at about seven 2017 video mash-ups. I see nothing about him that indicates he has capable hands, a knack for route-running, or any sense of spacial awareness.

Please let me know if you can think of ANY single game where D. J. Moore demonstrates WR skills worthy of the hype. I will be glad to view it. 

(03-28-2018, 10:13 AM)JUNGLE CAT 2017 Wrote:

We might as well at least start talking about the Broncos pick.

So far they picked Josh Rosen so they're going to need a key starter with this pick.
'02

(03-28-2018, 01:28 PM)Jags02 Wrote: We might as well at least start talking about the Broncos pick.

So far they picked Josh Rosen so they're going to need a key starter with this pick.

Is that a nod to Arden Key as their pick?

(03-28-2018, 01:31 PM)JNev Wrote:
(03-28-2018, 01:28 PM)Jags02 Wrote: We might as well at least start talking about the Broncos pick.

Is that a nod to Arden Key as their pick?

I'm thinking they can use a speedy CB to replace Talib, and that Jaire Alexander fits the bill nicely.
'02

OLineMatters is my dawg.

JC.... Moore was also playing with a 3rd and 4th string QB basically the whole year. But all you’re watching is mashups soooo...

(03-28-2018, 02:11 PM)Cleatwood Wrote: OLineMatters is my dawg.

JC.... Moore was also playing with a 3rd and 4th string QB basically the whole year. But all you’re watching is mashups soooo...

Nice punt returner and slot guy. Those mash-ups consist of all of his plays during the featured game. One can quickly recognize the QB changes. What you do NOT see is Moore knocking our socks off down field. What we do see is a guy with NO sense of spacial awareness. In game, the video shows Moore fails to land in bounds in the end zone like three or four times. When he is required to toe-tap the side line he loses focus on the catch. On another, he fails to gain a first down because he voluntarily runs out of bounds then back in to make a slumping catch against the side line. 

With Moore the concept is easy...run a bunch of scrape routes two to three yards off the line and hope he can eel his way for yardage.  NFL defenses can shut this down with ease. To be a number one or number two WR you must have exceptional strength to fight off the defender at the line. You can't scurry around NFL DBs. NFL WRs must go through the defender.

Moore is constantly draped by the CBs. Moore does not gain separation against the better college DBs. All NFL DBs play at a level better than any college WR has ever seen. I see a guy in the complete domination of the opposing DB. All I watch are mash-ups so I don't miss the body language.

The goal is not to find a WR who can out-leap a defender on a poorly under-thrown football then fall down in place. The goal is to find WRs who can create space - separating themselves from the coverage - have the WR skills to run under the football to catch it and finish the play by out-dashing the defender to score.

(This post was last modified: 03-28-2018, 04:22 PM by JUNGLE CAT 2017.)

(03-28-2018, 02:08 PM)Jags02 Wrote:
(03-28-2018, 01:31 PM)JNev Wrote: Is that a nod to Arden Key as their pick?

I'm thinking they can use a speedy CB to replace Talib, and that Jaire Alexander fits the bill nicely.

What happened to Shane Ray? Arden Key is a real reach.

As for available CBs, Carlton Davis of Auburn is available and Isaiah Oliver is just down the road at Colorado. Jaire Alexander is about the same talent.

If the Shane Ray thing is over, then I'd say the highest edge guy is Kemoko Turay of Rutgers.

(03-28-2018, 04:18 PM)JUNGLE CAT 2017 Wrote:
(03-28-2018, 02:08 PM)Jags02 Wrote: I'm thinking they can use a speedy CB to replace Talib, and that Jaire Alexander fits the bill nicely.

What happened to Shane Ray? 

As for available CBs, Carlton Davis of Auburn is available and Isaiah Oliver is just down the road at Colorado. Jaire Alexander is about the same talent.

Look at their combine numbers tho.
'02

Broncos have alot of faith in Langley whom they selected last year and sound like they have faith in Shane Ray and Shaq Barrett still