Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
***Official Jaguars Vs. Titans Game Day Thread***

(09-23-2018, 02:30 PM)SamusAranX Wrote:
(09-23-2018, 02:29 PM)MoJagFan Wrote: Days like this make me lose faith in the coaches. Boneheaded not so trick play that was absolutely telegraphed the whole way. Play calling that works to Titan strengths.

Another wasted defensive effort. These receivers need to start making some catches.

The coaches can’t make Bortles play consistently

You must be listening on the radio.
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

redskins up on green bay 28-10 at half and buffalo up 24-0 at halftime, and the giants up on Texans. Today is one of those days in the NFL. We could take a stangle-hold on our division this week, better wake up in the second half. If Indianapolis looses this week, we could be up 2 or 3 games this early in the year.

(09-23-2018, 02:32 PM)HandsomeRob86 Wrote:
(09-23-2018, 02:28 PM)The_Franchise_QB Wrote: Air BORTLES will come out 2nd half and destroy the TACKS! 3 TD's coming up!

Seriously though, this is the type of game they need LF. PHYSICAL game. Division games are always grind it out. This team was wildly inconsistent last season, this is expected. Everyone breathe, the D will win it.

Honestly I think Bortles needs to win it. Tacks D is very good, and Mariota is a great scambler. We won't win with the nutinburger offense is givng us right now. I bet the tacks will basically not throw it the whole game.

Yeah, the titans will try to avoid throwing it as much as possible because it's pretty obvious the Jaguars best chance to score a TD in this game is for the defense to get a return for one.

Games like this are to be expected during the course of a season. Even though it's a division game against a big rival, the Jags are without several key players along the offensive line and Fournette. Not shocked to see letdown after last week's huge win. Jags will do just enough to win in the 2nd half and be 3-0. Better to get an ugly win than be in the Vikings shoes today. Really hard to explain that one.

(09-23-2018, 02:32 PM)MoJagFan Wrote:
(09-23-2018, 02:30 PM)SamusAranX Wrote: The coaches can’t make Bortles play consistently

Bortles isn't dropping his own passes.

There’s been two “drops” today, one of the being a bad pass to Cole that yes he probably could have caught. 

I don’t see the incessant need to defense Bortles when we know that he’s going to be wildly inconsistent like this

(09-23-2018, 02:33 PM)flsprtsgod Wrote:
(09-23-2018, 02:30 PM)SamusAranX Wrote: The coaches can’t make Bortles play consistently

Agree, Bortles has been trying to make stuff happen and the WRs have been dropping balls like they are all Moncrief.

Yes, it's improvement, but it's Blaine Gabbert 2012 level improvement. - Pirkster

http://youtu.be/ouGM3NWpjxk The Home Hypnotist!

http://youtu.be/XQRFkn0Ly3A Media on the Brain Link!

Quote:Peyton must store oxygen in that forehead of his. No way I'd still be alive after all that choking.

The Jags should be jumping every route. MM can't throw it 15 yards.
Jags need to change up their D. MM is running it every other play, yet there is no spy?

(09-23-2018, 02:33 PM)flsprtsgod Wrote:

I am in Dallas watching on Sunday Ticket. I am using my eyes today. I am no Bortles apologist either.
The Khan Years

Patience, Persistence, and Piss Poor General Managers.

Let's look around the league...

BAL up 3 on Den
Giants up 14 on HOU
BUF up 27 on MIN
WASH up 18 on PHI after losing to IND

This is a week by week league. Highs and lows, some teams lows result in really bad L's. This team is still in it, they'll come out pissed off 2nd half, book it.

(09-23-2018, 02:34 PM)SamusAranX Wrote:
(09-23-2018, 02:32 PM)MoJagFan Wrote: Bortles isn't dropping his own passes.

There’s been two “drops” today, one of the being a bad pass to Cole that yes he probably could have caught. 

I don’t see the incessant need to defense Bortles when we know that he’s going to be wildly inconsistent like this

This is way different then the Bortles of a couple years ago. He has had one really bad throw, the one that Cole dropped wasn't perfect but it was good enough. Blake has been letting it rip, but guys aren't catching.

Yes, it's improvement, but it's Blaine Gabbert 2012 level improvement. - Pirkster

http://youtu.be/ouGM3NWpjxk The Home Hypnotist!

http://youtu.be/XQRFkn0Ly3A Media on the Brain Link!

Quote:Peyton must store oxygen in that forehead of his. No way I'd still be alive after all that choking.

Need to come out and get a stop asap and get the offense going. Need to do something to get TEN off balance, get Grant involved in screens, something.

No spy and no press man... stupid. Bortles is awful. Gg

I was hoping BB5 would win MVP this year. Needs to come out firing in the 2nd half.
Here we go again

they have 1 passing yard

Tennessee has 2 penalties for 15 yards. Has held on every series at least once, blatant holding too.

If I were Tennessee, I'd barely throw any in the second half to try to protect Mariotta. Play good defense and hope our offense stays as bad as it is now and hope they don't wake up and actually get a couple of big plays and score a touchdown. but need to stop them on the first drive of the second half, maybe a turnover would be great! wonder what the heat difference is between this week and last week, as it was HOT last week. 1 yard passing for the Tacs and only 110 for the Jags we had over 300 at half last week wow what a week's difference can make.

Titans have 1 passing yard?

(This post was last modified: 09-23-2018, 02:40 PM by nhiverson.)

65 to 1 passing yards pathetic.
No Fun

Stadium looks empty
Here we go again

(09-23-2018, 02:35 PM)The_Franchise_QB Wrote: Let's look around the league...

BAL up 3 on Den
Giants up 14 on HOU
BUF up 27 on MIN
WASH up 18 on PHI after losing to IND

This is a week by week league. Highs and lows, some teams lows result in really bad L's. This team is still in it, they'll come out pissed off 2nd half, book it.

I really hope so. Those teams also dont have a banged up trash QB in with 1 yard. Our offense needs to WAKE UP!