Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Ramsey...

(09-25-2018, 09:18 AM)rocdee Wrote: Does anyone else think he is off so far this year? He doesn't seem to be playing to the level he's played to in the past.

I know he was really gassed late in the game last Sunday.

He's gotten beaten a few times this year already, and he doesn't have any PBU that I can think of.

Maybe he's letting the 'fame' get to his head? Didn't work as hard this past offseason?

Thoughts?

Ramsey needs to shut his mouth.  He has been far from elite this year and can't think of one great play he has made this year so far.
[Image: mvp.avia8a99974486b2b89.md.png]

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(This post was last modified: 09-25-2018, 02:27 PM by KingIngram052787.)

(09-25-2018, 11:50 AM)Cleatwood Wrote:
(09-25-2018, 11:12 AM)Krayz_Jville_D Wrote: you serious? almost every catch that game, especially 3rd downs, came against him in 1 on 1
You’re just making things up. Mariota threw for 100 yards....

I don't think either are playing poorly, but I think the point is that Bouye gave up a few first down catches on 3rd down at critical times.  You'd hope your star corner(s) can come up big in the big moments that count based on the flow/momentum of the game while also playing well the entire game.

They can play well overall but have a few bad moments at critical times, both can be true and I think that was true particularly for Bouye on Sunday.

(This post was last modified: 09-25-2018, 02:28 PM by jaguarmvp.)

(09-25-2018, 09:36 AM)Caldrac Wrote:
(09-25-2018, 09:35 AM)rocdee Wrote: Calm down, Caldrac. This is all only an observation. If you're upset that you have to blow up because you don't have an argument, then sit this one out. No big deal, brother.

Go back and ready my last comment Troll.

(09-25-2018, 09:35 AM)rocdee Wrote: Calm down, Caldrac. This is all only an observation. If you're upset that you have to blow up because you don't have an argument, then sit this one out. No big deal, brother.

Stick to leaving your head up your [BLEEP] on game day's man because that's where it's been over the last three weeks.

[Image: tenor.gif?itemid=11786299]
[Image: mvp.avia8a99974486b2b89.md.png]

(09-25-2018, 02:27 PM)KingIngram052787 Wrote:
(09-25-2018, 11:50 AM)Cleatwood Wrote: You’re just making things up. Mariota threw for 100 yards....

I don't think either are playing poorly, but I think the point is that Bouye gave up a few first down catches on 3rd down at critical times.  You'd hope your star corner(s) can come up big in the big moments that count based on the flow/momentum of the game while also playing well the entire game.

They can play well overall but have a few bad moments at critical times, both can be true and I think that was true particularly for Bouye on Sunday.
He allowed 1 first down catch.

Anyone trying to blame this defense for anything on Sunday needs to take a break.

(This post was last modified: 09-25-2018, 02:39 PM by jagshype.)

(09-25-2018, 02:34 PM)Cleatwood Wrote:
(09-25-2018, 02:27 PM)KingIngram052787 Wrote: I don't think either are playing poorly, but I think the point is that Bouye gave up a few first down catches on 3rd down at critical times.  You'd hope your star corner(s) can come up big in the big moments that count based on the flow/momentum of the game while also playing well the entire game.

He allowed 1 first down catch.

Anyone trying to blame this defense for anything on Sunday needs to take a break.

Overall the defense was great.
But there were situations where the defense was not good. There were plenty of sound bites through last season and the off-season of needing to play better in situations. They did not do that in this game.

(09-25-2018, 02:38 PM)jagshype Wrote:
(09-25-2018, 02:34 PM)Cleatwood Wrote: He allowed 1 first down catch.

Overall the defense was great.
But there were situations where the defense was not good. There were plenty of sound bites through last season and the off-season of needing to play better in situations. They did not do that in this game.

Yeah, they were getting run on late in the game and had trouble getting off the field, and they allowed Mariota to burn them on a few scrambles.  However, if the offense had done anything at all Sunday, the defense never would have been in that position.  9 points allowed wins the game almost every time.

(09-25-2018, 02:43 PM)scottyg Wrote:
(09-25-2018, 02:38 PM)jagshype Wrote: Overall the defense was great.

Yeah, they were getting run on late in the game and had trouble getting off the field, and they allowed Mariota to burn them on a few scrambles.  However, if the offense had done anything at all Sunday, the defense never would have been in that position.  9 points allowed wins the game almost every time.

Yup, they were clearly gassed and had really no answer on how to deal with Mariota outside of the pocket.

Anyone that blames Ramsey for the TD against the Patriots wasn't watching the game.

Hogan started in slot on the opposite side of the field. Ramsey was 1-on-1 with Gronk. Hogan catches it in zone against Church. He burned Church, and Gronk blocked Ramsey long enough to keep him from getting to Hogan. It had absolutely nothing to do with Ramsey. If anything, it was Smith's fault for not moving over quickly enough.

Beckham caught most of his passes away from Ramsey. Besides, Beckham is one of the best WRs in the NFL. He's going to burn you a few times.

I can't understand why anyone would complain about Ramsey's performance.

(09-25-2018, 02:49 PM)JagNGeorgia Wrote: Anyone that blames Ramsey for the TD against the Patriots wasn't watching the game.

Hogan started in slot on the opposite side of the field. Ramsey was 1-on-1 with Gronk. Hogan catches it in zone against Church. He burned Church, and Gronk blocked Ramsey long enough to keep him from getting to Hogan. It had absolutely nothing to do with Ramsey. If anything, it was Smith's fault for not moving over quickly enough.

Beckham caught most of his passes away from Ramsey. Besides, Beckham is one of the best WRs in the NFL. He's going to burn you a few times.

I can't understand why anyone would complain about Ramsey's performance.

We lost
its the usual blame Bortles, the play calling, and a defensive player.
Ramsey is the most vocal and prominent right now so he gets the blame.
Next loss it will be Bortles, the play calling, and Yannick( already hearing grumblings about Yan not getting sacks  Huh )

(This post was last modified: 09-25-2018, 03:21 PM by unf_nashvillian.)

Some of you are [BLEEP]. You act like you should get 2 pick 6's and 10 sacks every week and then [BLEEP] and moan when it doesn't happen. You have an awesome defense that allowed only 9 points. Your defense will keep you within striking distance every game. Be happy!

I still contend that your QB is the albatross around your neck. He'll mess around and play well a few games a year, but otherwise he's a liability. Thank [BLEEP] you didn't get Cousins or Alex Smith. I think that was the biggest fear of other AFCS teams this offseason. Instead, you did us all a solid and signed Blake to a longer term deal.
We learned in the Sunday School who made the sun shine through.  I know who made the moonshine too, back where I come from.

(09-25-2018, 02:49 PM)JagNGeorgia Wrote: Anyone that blames Ramsey for the TD against the Patriots wasn't watching the game.

Although I'm not one of those complaining about Jalen's performance the TD he gave up against the Patriots that people are mentioning is not that one.
The one you are talking about is the final TD 3 minutes before the end of the game and it wasn't Jalen's fault at all.
The one people are referring to is the 3rd quarter TD when Ramsey was lined up on Hogan, bit on the outside move while Hogan went inside got leverage and Brady completed the pass for the TD right on Ramsey's coverage.
It happens, good play from the offense, a split second more and Fowler probably gets another sack on that one too.

(09-25-2018, 09:18 AM)rocdee Wrote: Does anyone else think he is off so far this year? He doesn't seem to be playing to the level he's played to in the past.

I know he was really gassed late in the game last Sunday.

He's gotten beaten a few times this year already, and he doesn't have any PBU that I can think of.

Maybe he's letting the 'fame' get to his head? Didn't work as hard this past offseason?

Thoughts?

He injured his ankle in the Giants game and has been a little hobbled since then I think.
I'm condescending. That means I talk down to you.

(09-25-2018, 03:12 PM)unf_nashvillian Wrote: Some of you are [BLEEP].  You act like you should get 2 pick 6's and 10 sacks every week and then [BLEEP] and moan when it doesn't happen.  You have an awesome defense that allowed only 9 points.  Your defense will keep you within striking distance every game.  Be happy!

I still contend that your QB is the albatross around your neck.  He'll mess around and play well a few games a year, but otherwise he's a liability.  Thank [BLEEP] you didn't get Cousins or Alex Smith.  I think that was the biggest fear of other AFCS teams this offseason.  Instead, you did us all a solid and signed Blake to a longer term deal.

Ehh, I feel what you are saying and it is tough to argue against your points. Really you are just swinging at the low hanging fruit like the media does week in a week out. But, like what has been said quite a few times, with how this team is built, the money isn't going to be spent on a QB. We have a game managing durable guy that is getting paid far less than anyone you listed. Our position currently means we either over pay for a game manger who get his [BLEEP] rocked behind our line and be out, or underpay for one and keep the opportunity to pay a deep defense that is among the leagues best in just about every single category. 

I get it, ten is on their high horse and will be for a while. deservedly so. You caught us with one that im sure we will here about at least until dec lol.

(09-25-2018, 03:21 PM)irontrooper83 Wrote:

Although I'm not one of those complaining about Jalen's performance the TD he gave up against the Patriots that people are  mentioning is not that one.
The one you are talking about is the final TD 3 minutes before the end of the game and it wasn't Jalen's fault at all.
The one people are referring to is the 3rd quarter TD when Ramsey was lined up on Hogan, bit on the outside move while Hogan went inside got leverage and Brady completed the pass for the TD right on Ramsey's coverage.
It happens, good play from the offense, a split second more and Fowler probably gets another sack on that one too.

Oh, I see.

That's on me then. I forgot about that one altogether. 

Looked like bad footwork from Ramsey, but Brady had that throw out in 2 seconds, so there was no chance to recover.

He's ok, but I don't see this Ring of Honor, HOF'er, highest paid corner in the game player this year that he's been praised with at times before this season. Long season to shake something but up to this point he ain't it, just good enough. Can't nobody tell me different from that.

Nope. Not gonna blame this on Ramsey or the defense. If a defense holds the opponent to 9 points, all the offense needs to do is score ten. That's not asking for much!

I predict the next one to be about Ngakoue, because he has 3 tackles and zero sacks. Must be playing like a scrub.

Wallbash

(09-25-2018, 08:28 PM)The_Franchise_QB Wrote: I predict the next one to be about Ngakoue, because he has 3 tackles and zero sacks. Must be playing like a scrub.

Wallbash

Go read the Fowler thread...

(This post was last modified: 09-25-2018, 09:28 PM by HURRICANE!!!.)

.[Image: 200w.webp?cid=3640f6095baae0604d73557732a68eaa]

(09-25-2018, 08:19 PM)JagFanFirst Wrote: Nope. Not gonna blame this on Ramsey or the defense.  If a defense holds the opponent to 9 points, all the offense needs to do is score ten. That's not asking for much!

Ramsey should’ve scored a TD. It’s his fault!

Rabble rabble :grabs pitchfork:
"Before you criticize a man, walk a mile in his shoes. That way, if he gets angry, he's a mile away and barefoot."