Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Nick Foles

Bortles hung a lot on the pats too

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(02-04-2019, 07:46 PM)JackCity Wrote: Bortles hung a lot on the pats too

In the SB?

(02-04-2019, 07:51 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote:
(02-04-2019, 07:46 PM)JackCity Wrote: Bortles hung a lot on the pats too

In the SB?

Yes in the super bowl

I think Foles will become Flacco 2.0. He will occasionally flash, but to have a decent floor he needs the right system and offense. He could go on another run to a SB, but it would be unlikely.

Plus no matter what, they Jaguars would have to beat the Patriots in the playoffs, and I don't known if Foles can beat them twice in the playoffs. Only the Manning brothers have done that. (And Yes I'm excluding the Flacco game where he threw for 34 yards because that is a complete anomaly).

(02-04-2019, 10:44 AM)JackCity Wrote:
(02-04-2019, 10:41 AM)Bullseye Wrote: Top ten QB?

I am not sure about that,  even though he would  improve our team.

Where would he rank among QBs in our division?

Does him winning  a Super Bowl somehow elevate him above guys like Luck and Watson, who haven't? If so, how would Flacco fare under a similar analysis?

I'm using flgators debate points Bullseye. He thinks he can be a top 10 QB here and would make us the 2nd best team in the league , but for some reason he wouldn't give up a late 3rd to land him.   

Don't you think that's an odd stance?

This is why you dont give a 3rd for Foles.

http://www.1010xl.com/2019/02/04/jaguars...ick-foles/

You suggest if one wants him, one should give a 3rd.  You cant let teams bully you and take advantage, you have to always set a limit and stand by it or you will be the team that gets taken advantage of year after year

(This post was last modified: 02-04-2019, 10:55 PM by JackCity.)

(02-04-2019, 10:35 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote:
(02-04-2019, 10:44 AM)JackCity Wrote: I'm using flgators debate points Bullseye. He thinks he can be a top 10 QB here and would make us the 2nd best team in the league , but for some reason he wouldn't give up a late 3rd to land him.   

Don't you think that's an odd stance?

This is why you dont give a 3rd for Foles.

You suggest if one wants him, one should give a 3rd.  You cant let teams bully you and take advantage, you have to always set a limit and stand by it or you will be the team that gets taken advantage of year after year

No [BLEEP].  

I don't think they should give anything for him.

It just makes no sense that you would give a 5th in that exact scenario but not a late 3rd for a guy you claim is a gonna make us the 2nd best team in the league.

It shows you don't believe what you say

(02-04-2019, 10:54 PM)JackCity Wrote:
(02-04-2019, 10:35 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: This is why you dont give a 3rd for Foles.

No [BLEEP].  

It just makes no sense that you would give a 5th in that exact scenario but not a late 3rd for a guy you claim is a gonna make us the 2nd best team in the league.

I feel he is worth a 5th rounder but i would stand pat and not take the bait like it says in the article.  The big contract is enough.  I have stated before that I want Foles but dont want to give up picks.  A 3rd and a 5th are a big difference, a high possibility we can get a starter at RG in the 3rd, and yes i think the addition of Foles could make us a SB contender if we can stay healthy.

(02-04-2019, 11:07 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote:
(02-04-2019, 10:54 PM)JackCity Wrote: No [BLEEP].  

I feel he is worth a 5th rounder but i would stand pat and not take the bait like it says in the article.  The big contract is enough.  I have stated before that I want Foles but dont want to give up picks.  A 3rd and a 5th are a big difference, a high possibility we can get a starter at RG in the 3rd, and yes i think the addition of Foles could make us a SB contender if we can stay healthy.

Yes that's a given to almost everyone.  But not the scenario that was listed.

There's no way anyone who truly thinks a top 10 QB and a guy who'd make them instantly the 2nd best team in the league would skimp on 30 odd picks to land that guy. Nobody.  

But it's okay, I've noticed you have slowly walked back your Foles takes some from the cliff. Now he's just expected to be a top half QB

(02-04-2019, 11:26 PM)JackCity Wrote:
(02-04-2019, 11:07 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: I feel he is worth a 5th rounder but i would stand pat and not take the bait like it says in the article.  The big contract is enough.  I have stated before that I want Foles but dont want to give up picks.  A 3rd and a 5th are a big difference, a high possibility we can get a starter at RG in the 3rd, and yes i think the addition of Foles could make us a SB contender if we can stay healthy.

Yes that's a given to almost everyone.  But not the scenario that was listed.

There's no way anyone who truly thinks a top 10 QB and a guy who'd make them instantly the 2nd best team in the league would skimp on 30 odd picks to land that guy. Nobody.  

But it's okay, I've noticed you have slowly walked back your Foles takes some from the cliff. Now he's just expected to be a top half QB

How did I walk off? I still think he could be a top 10 QB if he comes to Jax.  As I have said before, it's clear draft picks mean more to me than they do to you.  It's not just a 3rd you are giving, you have to give a big contract as well.  Not sure what's so hard to comprehend about that.  The guy that wrote that article explained it pretty good.   What you are saying is if a team likes Foles they will give a 3rd round pick, its clear you dont have limits for players you like or want. You would get taken advantage of if you were a GM, "it's just a couple rounds earlier" lol

(This post was last modified: 02-04-2019, 11:51 PM by JackCity.)

(02-04-2019, 11:38 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote:
(02-04-2019, 11:26 PM)JackCity Wrote: Yes that's a given to almost everyone.  But not the scenario that was listed.

How did I walk off? I still think he could be a top 10 QB if he comes to Jax.  As I have said before, it's clear draft picks mean more to me than they do to you.  It's not just a 3rd you are giving, you have to give a big contract as well.  Not sure what's so hard to comprehend about that.  The guy that wrote that article explained it pretty good.   What you are saying is if a team likes Foles they will give a 3rd round pick, its clear you dont have limits for players you like or want. You would get taken advantage of if you were a GM, "it's just a couple rounds earlier" lol

Well now it's maybe top 10 but if not top half.   

Lol you still don't get your cognitive dissonance with this. You can't big up a guy as much as you have with Foles only to say 30 picks difference is too much for your pallette, it means Foles isn't actually as valuable as you portray.  

And yeah that article is a given. Nobody should want to trade anything for Foles in this scenario at all.

Team A : boy I'd really love to have that top 10 QB Russell Wilson , he'd make us the 2nd best team easily

Team B: okay you can have him, we just need a late 3rd off you

Team A: Sorry no can do. A 5th is all I'm giving. Can't go any higher.

You see how silly that sounds?

(02-04-2019, 11:49 PM)JackCity Wrote:
(02-04-2019, 11:38 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: How did I walk off? I still think he could be a top 10 QB if he comes to Jax.  As I have said before, it's clear draft picks mean more to me than they do to you.  It's not just a 3rd you are giving, you have to give a big contract as well.  Not sure what's so hard to comprehend about that.  The guy that wrote that article explained it pretty good.   What you are saying is if a team likes Foles they will give a 3rd round pick, its clear you dont have limits for players you like or want. You would get taken advantage of if you were a GM, "it's just a couple rounds earlier" lol

Well now it's maybe top 10 but if not top half.   

Lol you still don't get your cognitive dissonance with this. You can't big up a guy as much as you have with Foles only to say 30 picks difference is too much for your pallette, it means Foles isn't actually as valuable as you portray.  

And yeah that article is a given. Nobody should want to trade anything for Foles in this scenario at all.

Team A : boy I'd really love to have that top 10 QB Russell Wilson , he'd make us the 2nd best team easily

Team B: okay you can have him, we just need a late 3rd off you

Team A: Sorry no can do. A 5th is all I'm giving. Can't go any higher.

You see how silly that sounds?

Yes I think he will be a top 10 QB if he comes here.  Nobody knows for a 100% fact what any QB will do.  Do I think he can be a top 10 QB if he comes here?  Yes.

And for your teams A and B, yes that does sound silly since this thread is about Foles and you said Russell Wilson.  

You always go overboard with unrealistic hypotheticals on these threads that's not even on the topics that we talk about

The 3rd rounder is set because they get that already, so while not realistic they are seeing if anyone wants to make a trade. Wait it out and they will have to release him. Foles could also stop any trades by just not signing the tag.

Sent from my SM-T820 using Tapatalk

(02-05-2019, 12:37 AM)p_rushing Wrote: The 3rd rounder is set because they get that already, so while not realistic they are seeing if anyone wants to make a trade. Wait it out and they will have to release him. Foles could also stop any trades by just not signing the tag.

Sent from my SM-T820 using Tapatalk

If JackCity felt a player is worth a 3rd round pick and that team wanted a 1st, he would do it because a 1st is only a couple rounds higher.

I’d give up my 1st rounder if it meant getting a top 10 QB. You’re not willing to give up a late 3rd rounder?! Yikes. Must not really like Foles then.

The QB position is different than any other spot in all of sports. If you love a QB and believe he’s a franchise guy, you give up whatever you need to get him. It’s why so many first round QBs have gone to teams who have traded up for them. Darnold, Allen, Wentz, Goff, Watson, Mahomes... all to teams giving up a 1st rounder because they believed they had their franchise guy.

The fact that you supposedly say you believe Foles is a franchise QB but won’t give up the Rams 3rd rounder shows you don’t really believe what you’re saying. Either that or you have no clue how valuable a QB really is.

(This post was last modified: 02-05-2019, 10:02 AM by flgatorsandjags.)

(02-05-2019, 09:25 AM)Cleatwood Wrote: I’d give up my 1st rounder if it meant getting a top 10 QB. You’re not willing to give up a late 3rd rounder?! Yikes. Must not really like Foles then.

The QB position is different than any other spot in all of sports. If you love a QB and believe he’s a franchise guy, you give up whatever you need to get him. It’s why so many first round QBs have gone to teams who have traded up for them. Darnold, Allen, Wentz, Goff, Watson, Mahomes... all to teams giving up a 1st rounder because they believed they had their franchise guy.

The fact that you supposedly say you believe Foles is a franchise QB but won’t give up the Rams 3rd rounder shows you don’t really believe what you’re saying. Either that or you have no clue how valuable a QB really is.
There are more franchise QBs that teams didnt trade up for than did, also more busts than not when teams traded up.  Why give up a 3rd when you most likely wont have too?  I like Lock and Grier a good bit but I'm not going to trade up for them either.  I'd rather sit at 7 and take Lock than give up a 3rd for Foles.

Just more of a risk taking the rookie than taking the proven guy with a SB MVP and multiple passing records. But I do feel Lock can be a good franchise QB

If I didnt like any of the QBs in this class then I would give a 3rd for Foles

If I didnt like any of the QBs in this class then I would give a 3rd for Foles

Still feel you can find QUALITY O line starters in the 3rd. Sign a Fitzpatrick to a 2-3 year deal, draft a Haskins/Grier/Lock/Jones in the first. Restock the line with Cam/Norwell/Linder/Saffold(?)/Richardson and a draft pick in the 3rd/3rd. Sign Jesse James at TE, keep ASJ. Draft another big body WR in the 2nd. Offense should look MARKEDLY different next year.

“Motivation alone is not enough.  If you have an idiot and you motivate him,now you have a motivated idiot.” Jim Rohn

(This post was last modified: 02-05-2019, 01:22 PM by Ace Nova.)

Hi folks, lifelong Eagles fan here. If Nick Foles comes to Jacksonville, you'll have one more fan join your ranks.

Nick Foles is the real deal. I would estimate that about 25-30% of the Eagles fan base would keep him over Wentz, given the choice. And another 30% or so wouldn't be upset about it. But there's the remaining 30% of fans are Wentz fanatics and they scream louder than the rest...plus the Eagles front office has a ton invested in Wentz...that's the primary reason Wentz has been penciled in as the franchise QB in Philly.

That said, Nick Foles is a top 10 QB in the NFL. Don't let his regular season paper stats fool you, the guy is elite. He's a selfless player who doesn't care about his individual stats. His primary focus is being a leader and being a team player...and WINNING. The guy is at his best in the most high pressure situations. He's the definition of "clutch".

He's WON 7 must win games or the season is over...during the past 2 years. Pretty sure no other QB in the NFL has done that over the past 2 seasons. I think the next closest one is Brady with 5 "must win" wins.

He has among the best post season QB passer ratings in NFL history and is in the Hall of Fame twice....once for his 7 TD game and another time for his Super Bowl MVP performance.

In terms of skills, he's extremely accurate, has a strong arm, can throw both laser/bullet passes or touch passes when needed. His pre snap reads are elite level, he delivers the ball as fast as anyone in the NFL and has among the highest passer ratings in the NFL while being blitzed. He's an elite pocket passer and he's a guy that you want holding the ball if your team is down late in the 4th quarter. He really is that good.

As far as compensation goes, if the Eagles tag him at 25 million he'll probably negotiate an incentive bases contract wherever he goes. He's a very humble guy and would want to make wherever he goes a good fit. I could see him taking a 3-4 year deal for around 22-23 million per year plus incentives that could get him to 25+ million if the team makes the playoffs etc. And who would complain about paying him 25 million if your team is winning in the playoffs? I wouldn't.
'
In terms of picks, the Eagles would get a 3rd round comp pick if he walks in free agency so I would think that would be the least compensation they would take. And a 3rd round pick for Nick Foles is highway robbery for whoever gets him, imo.

Good luck!

(02-05-2019, 01:14 PM)Ace Nova Wrote: Hi folks, lifelong Eagles fan here.  If Nick Foles comes to Jacksonville, you'll have one more fan join your ranks.  

Nick Foles is the real deal.  I would estimate that about 25-30% of the Eagles fan base would keep him over Wentz, given the choice.  And another 30% or so wouldn't be upset about it.  But there's the remaining 30% of fans  are Wentz fanatics and they scream louder than the rest...plus the Eagles front office has a ton invested in Wentz...that's the primary reason Wentz has been penciled in as the franchise QB in Philly.

That said, Nick Foles is a top 10 QB in the NFL. Don't let his regular season paper stats fool you, the guy is elite.  He's a selfless player who doesn't care about his individual stats.  His primary focus is being a leader and being a team player...and WINNING.  The guy is at his best in the most high pressure situations.  He's the definition of "clutch".

He's WON 7 must win games or the season is over...during the past 2 years.  Pretty sure no other QB in the NFL has done that over the past 2 seasons.  I think the next closest one is Brady with 5 "must win" wins.

He has among the best post season QB passer ratings in NFL history and is in the Hall of Fame twice....once for his 7 TD game and another time for his Super Bowl MVP performance.  

In terms of skills, he's extremely accurate, has a strong arm, can throw both laser/bullet passes or touch passes when needed.  His pre snap reads are elite level, he delivers the ball as fast as anyone in the NFL and has among the highest passer ratings in the NFL while being blitzed.  He's an elite pocket passer and he's a guy that you want holding the ball if your team is down late in the 4th quarter.  He really is that good.

As far as compensation goes, if the Eagles tag him at 25 million he'll probably negotiate an incentive bases contract wherever he goes.  He's a very humble guy and would want to make wherever he goes a good fit.  I could see him taking a 3-4 year deal for around 22-23 million per year plus incentives that could get him to 25+ million if the team makes the playoffs etc.  And who would complain about paying him 25 million if your team is winning in the playoffs? I wouldn't.
'
In terms of picks, the Eagles would get a 3rd round comp pick if he walks in free agency so I would think that would be the least compensation they would take.  And a 3rd round pick for Nick Foles is highway robbery for whoever gets him, imo.

Good luck!

Appreciate the intel Ace.  Is the Nova as in Villanova?  Lemme ask you this?  What was the reason for Foles' regression in StLouis?  Bad coaching with Fisher?  Bad fit?  He seemed like a doomed story there/KC and then comes back and lights the world on fire back in Philly.  Will he ONLY succeed in Philly?  FWIW: in 2 games with KC/Reid, he had 64% completion percentage and 3 TDS and about 400yards.  Not elite, but not bad.  I LIKE Foles...but Jacksonville has been scorched by QBs our entire existence.  Stick around here long enough, you will see our unease.

“Motivation alone is not enough.  If you have an idiot and you motivate him,now you have a motivated idiot.” Jim Rohn

I would only want Foles if the Jags could also get Jason Peters, Lane Johnson and Kelce to come with him.

(This post was last modified: 02-05-2019, 02:24 PM by Ace Nova.)

(02-05-2019, 01:34 PM)NCJag Wrote:
(02-05-2019, 01:14 PM)Ace Nova Wrote: Hi folks, lifelong Eagles fan here.  If Nick Foles comes to Jacksonville, you'll have one more fan join your ranks.  

Nick Foles is the real deal.  I would estimate that about 25-30% of the Eagles fan base would keep him over Wentz, given the choice.  And another 30% or so wouldn't be upset about it.  But there's the remaining 30% of fans  are Wentz fanatics and they scream louder than the rest...plus the Eagles front office has a ton invested in Wentz...that's the primary reason Wentz has been penciled in as the franchise QB in Philly.

That said, Nick Foles is a top 10 QB in the NFL. Don't let his regular season paper stats fool you, the guy is elite.  He's a selfless player who doesn't care about his individual stats.  His primary focus is being a leader and being a team player...and WINNING.  The guy is at his best in the most high pressure situations.  He's the definition of "clutch".

He's WON 7 must win games or the season is over...during the past 2 years.  Pretty sure no other QB in the NFL has done that over the past 2 seasons.  I think the next closest one is Brady with 5 "must win" wins.

In terms of skills, he's extremely accurate, has a strong arm, can throw both laser/bullet passes or touch passes when needed.  His pre snap reads are elite level, he delivers the ball as fast as anyone in the NFL and has among the highest passer ratings in the NFL while being blitzed.  He's an elite pocket passer and he's a guy that you want holding the ball if your team is down late in the 4th quarter.  He really is that good.

As far as compensation goes, if the Eagles tag him at 25 million he'll probably negotiate an incentive bases contract wherever he goes.  He's a very humble guy and would want to make wherever he goes a good fit.  I could see him taking a 3-4 year deal for around 22-23 million per year plus incentives that could get him to 25+ million if the team makes the playoffs etc.  And who would complain about paying him 25 million if your team is winning in the playoffs? I wouldn't.
'
In terms of picks, the Eagles would get a 3rd round comp pick if he walks in free agency so I would think that would be the least compensation they would take.  And a 3rd round pick for Nick Foles is highway robbery for whoever gets him, imo.

Good luck!

Appreciate the intel Ace.  Is the Nova as in Villanova?  Lemme ask you this?  What was the reason for Foles' regression in StLouis?  Bad coaching with Fisher?  Bad fit?  He seemed like a doomed story there/KC and then comes back and lights the world on fire back in Philly.  Will he ONLY succeed in Philly?  FWIW: in 2 games with KC/Reid, he had 64% completion percentage and 3 TDS and about 400yards.  Not elite, but not bad.  I LIKE Foles...but Jacksonville has been scorched by QBs our entire existence.  Stick around here long enough, you will see our unease.

Sure thing!

St Louis under Jeff Fisher was where QB's went to die.  Don't take my word for it...look at real world scenarios - Case Keenum leaves there and takes the Vikings to the NFCCG.   Foles leaves and wins the Super Bowl as Super Bowl MVP with the Eagles. Fisher leaves and Goff all of a sudden looks good and eventually takes the Rams to the Super Bowl.  Coincidence?  I don't think so. 

Foles will do well wherever he lands.  The guy can put up 30+ points a game with ease if he has at least some decent weapons around him.  He also likes to spread the ball around A LOT.  He will hit 7-8 different receivers on a regular basis.  He's also not scared to audible out of pass plays into run plays if he thinks a run will get good yards during his pre-snap reads.  I can't say this enough, he's a selfless player who puts his team first.  A true rarity in today's NFL.   I think he and John DeFilippo really like each other and work well together, so that seems like a very good fit in the making.