Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
The Trivial Annoyances Thread

(04-19-2019, 05:34 PM)Jagsfan4life9/28/82 Wrote:
(04-19-2019, 05:22 PM)DarloJAG84 Wrote: Most things I purchase are under £30 so I go 'contactless' with that you don't get a receipt as standard (just a notification on your phone if you use Apple/Google Pay).

Other than that, I turn down the offer of a receipt unless it's a purchase I may need to return.. What I mean is that generally, most places I buy things you have to actually request a receipt if you want one.

We're headed that direction here but the place brought up here prints coupons on their receipts and there's no option to decline.

So you can't just leave it with the cashier? I tend to pay with my card and walk off..
[Image: 5S5POfa.jpg]

80% of what I talk about is nonesense.. the other 25% is made up statistics...

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(04-19-2019, 05:51 PM)DarloJAG84 Wrote:
(04-19-2019, 05:34 PM)Jagsfan4life9/28/82 Wrote: We're headed that direction here but the place brought up here prints coupons on their receipts and there's no option to decline.

So you can't just leave it with the cashier? I tend to pay with my card and walk off..
I feel doing that is frowned upon unless buying beer. That or other inconsequential items.   We over her in the great United States of America feel obligated to take our receipts.  It’s ours.  Like it or not.  Many places are now asking if we’d like an emailed receipt.  But who the hell has the time to punch in their email address on that crappy non responsive touchscreen and unsubscribe from the unwanted emails?   No me.  Plus I have a business so I really do need those receipts half the time.

(04-19-2019, 08:13 PM)Jags Wrote:
(04-19-2019, 05:51 PM)DarloJAG84 Wrote: So you can't just leave it with the cashier? I tend to pay with my card and walk off..
I feel doing that is frowned upon unless buying beer. That or other inconsequential items.   We over her in the great United States of America feel obligated to take our receipts.  It’s ours.  Like it or not.  Many places are now asking if we’d like an emailed receipt.  But who the hell has the time to punch in their email address on that crappy non responsive touchscreen and unsubscribe from the unwanted emails?   No me.  Plus I have a business so I really do need those receipts half the time.

Yeah that's fair enough... then again, you live in the country who tips waiters/waitresses for bringing you your food.. I find that weird.. I get they're on a lower salary/wage than a lot of other vocations, but I've never tipped anyone outside of the US regardless of how good the service/food/drinks happened to be..

I've conducted a couple of transactions where a receipt request resulted in an eye roll and another where a gun was pointed in my face. Needless to say, there was NO TIP for them.

(04-19-2019, 09:36 PM)homebiscuit Wrote: I've conducted a couple of transactions where a receipt request resulted in an eye roll and another where a gun was pointed in my face. Needless to say, there was NO TIP for them.

Some places here have the "service charge" already added on to the bill... I always ask for it to be removed.

(04-19-2019, 09:36 PM)homebiscuit Wrote: I've conducted a couple of transactions where a receipt request resulted in an eye roll and another where a gun was pointed in my face. Needless to say, there was NO TIP for them.

Perhaps you might try conducting your "transactions" someplace other than the Gator Lodge.
When you get into the endzone, act like you've been there before.

(04-19-2019, 09:58 PM)Sneakers Wrote:

Perhaps you might try conducting your "transactions" someplace other than the Gator Midtown Lodge.

FTFY, don't want out of town guests to be confused.
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

But they're so accommodating and eager for business at the Gator Midtown Lodge. They even hail you from the street! I ain't never seen no Walmart greeter do that.

(04-20-2019, 03:17 PM)homebiscuit Wrote: But they're so accommodating and eager for business at the Gator Midtown Lodge. They even hail you from the street! I ain't never seen no Walmart greeter do that.

The doorpimp at the Eagle Inn up the street is cool. Tell him Rico sent you to get the Double Doozy Special.
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

(04-20-2019, 07:04 PM)flsprtsgod Wrote:
(04-20-2019, 03:17 PM)homebiscuit Wrote: But they're so accommodating and eager for business at the Gator Midtown Lodge. They even hail you from the street! I ain't never seen no Walmart greeter do that.

The doorpimp at the Eagle Inn up the street is cool. Tell him Rico sent you to get the Double Doozy Special.

AKA “The Ankle Breaker”. 

Too soon? (shrug) Rico can’t catch me.

(04-20-2019, 08:11 PM)homebiscuit Wrote:
(04-20-2019, 07:04 PM)flsprtsgod Wrote: The doorpimp at the Eagle Inn up the street is cool. Tell him Rico sent you to get the Double Doozy Special.

AKA “The Ankle Breaker”. 

I think you're safe for a few months.  The best I can manage is a slow hobble.
[Image: IMG-1452.jpg]

(04-21-2019, 07:26 AM)Rico Wrote:
(04-20-2019, 08:11 PM)homebiscuit Wrote: AKA “The Ankle Breaker”. 

I think you're safe for a few months.  The best I can manage is a slow hobble.

Do they charge extra for that?

(04-21-2019, 09:48 AM)flsprtsgod Wrote:
(04-21-2019, 07:26 AM)Rico Wrote: I think you're safe for a few months.  The best I can manage is a slow hobble.

Do they charge extra for that?

I’m sure. Time is money!
What in the Wide Wide World of Sports is agoin' on here???

(04-21-2019, 10:41 AM)Bchbunnie4 Wrote:
(04-21-2019, 09:48 AM)flsprtsgod Wrote: Do they charge extra for that?

I’m sure. Time is money!

Parking in a handicap zone might save him a few dollars.

(04-21-2019, 11:14 AM)homebiscuit Wrote:
(04-21-2019, 10:41 AM)Bchbunnie4 Wrote: I’m sure. Time is money!

Parking in a handicap zone might save him a few dollars.

I'll tell you what, it was pretty damn gruesome looking...compounded by the fact that it was actually my foot that I was looking at.

(04-21-2019, 03:27 PM)Rico Wrote:
(04-21-2019, 11:14 AM)homebiscuit Wrote: Parking in a handicap zone might save him a few dollars.

I'll tell you what, it was pretty damn gruesome looking...compounded by the fact that it was actually my foot that I was looking at.

Sorry man, hope you're up and about soon.

(04-21-2019, 04:54 PM)flsprtsgod Wrote:
(04-21-2019, 03:27 PM)Rico Wrote: I'll tell you what, it was pretty damn gruesome looking...compounded by the fact that it was actually my foot that I was looking at.

Sorry man, hope you're up and about soon.

I'll have a better idea after I see the ortho.  There's a good possibility I still need surgery.

(04-21-2019, 05:08 PM)Rico Wrote:
(04-21-2019, 04:54 PM)flsprtsgod Wrote: Sorry man, hope you're up and about soon.

I'll have a better idea after I see the ortho.  There's a good possibility I still need surgery.

Yeah, gotta get the swelling down to get good imaging.

(04-21-2019, 03:27 PM)Rico Wrote:
(04-21-2019, 11:14 AM)homebiscuit Wrote: Parking in a handicap zone might save him a few dollars.

What did you do to it?
Season Ticket holder since 2004. Smile

(04-21-2019, 06:36 PM)PF* Wrote:
(04-21-2019, 03:27 PM)Rico Wrote: I'll tell you what, it was pretty damn gruesome looking...compounded by the fact that it was actually my foot that I was looking at.

What did you do to it?

Dislocated my right ankle and broke two bones in my lower leg.  Instead of pointing straight ahead, my foot was pointing at about 2:00 and was completely out of joint.