Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Jalen Ramsey thread (merged)

The Los Angeles Rams now have every one of Jacksonville’s first round picks from 2014-2016
2014: Blake Bortles
2015: Dante Fowler
2016: Jalen Ramsey

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

I think we need to be more patient and trade down. I think we have messed up some value in our drafting.
The Khan Years

Patience, Persistence, and Piss Poor General Managers.

(10-15-2019, 08:56 PM)Bullseye Wrote: Post Ramsey questions:

1.  Knowing that Foles should be healthy by mid to late November, and having a better idea what we have in Minshew, what would you do with the extra draft capital?

Would you:

A.  Still invest in the QB position?

B.  Use the draft capital to rebuild the defensive line?

c.  Use the draft capital to build the offensive line?

D.  USe the draft capital to acquire a vet like Trent Williams?

E.  Use the draft capital to trade up?

F.  Use the draft capital to trade back and accumulate more picks?
I love Minshew, but this past game showed that he has physical limitations he has to overcome in order to be considered elite. I would probably still try to address the QB position early followed up by shoring up the o-line. Offense is the way of the league these days and our team is way behind.
Jaguars Fundamentalist

We finally have the draft capital to address our horrid Oline. I think that Minshew, Chark & Fournette can drive this offense and the D still has enough good young pieces in place. We can contend just need to keep adding talent and have the young bloods grow.
Championship Formula:

1) Draft Trevor Lawrence!
2) Play good physical Defense! 
3) Keep 91% of the roster healthy!
4) ???
5) Blank #2
6) CHAMPIONSHIP!!!

(10-15-2019, 09:00 PM)Steve Wrote: The Los Angeles Rams now have every one of Jacksonville’s first round picks from 2014-2016

Maybe they will experience the same luck we had with them. Close to none.
Looking to troll? Don't bother, we supply our own.

(10-15-2019, 09:01 PM)Jagwired Wrote:
(10-15-2019, 09:00 PM)Steve Wrote: The Los Angeles Rams now have every one of Jacksonville’s first round picks from 2014-2016

Well lets see how Ramsey looks playing with a good DC.

(10-15-2019, 08:44 PM)High Octane Wrote: I love the flexibility having multiple first round picks gives us as well. If there's a guy you 100% want in the draft, we have the ammo to get him.

With that said, there are a few good CB's in the draft this year that I wouldn't mind owning.

Now you're talking! I don't see the Rams having a better record than the 49ers or Seahawks in their division so the picks may not be low. More likely mid round.

(10-15-2019, 08:57 PM)JagFan81 Wrote:
(10-15-2019, 08:49 PM)HandsomeRob86 Wrote: At this point we can afford to lose him. I wouldn't mind trading Yan for a 1st as well if we could get it. It will be better than the 3rd we will get when he signs a mega deal in the offseason with someone else.

No no no!! I get the logic of first round picks but people get way to hung up on them. You need to hit. What happens if we want a CB but the top rated TE is there? Well logic says BAP.

I want us to build a team. Have guys here for a career, some veterans to bring new guys in and have some continuity. 

We've tried years of top 5 picks and well, we arent very good at it.

We have got some pretty good guys early the last couple of years. Josh Allen, Smoot and even Bryan are looking decent. Combine that with Campbell still producing and I think your fine even without Yan. Yan is gonna break the bank, and I think we already have his replacements. Caldwell is actually good at drafting d-linemen so I am okay with trusting him to get more.

Yes, it's improvement, but it's Blaine Gabbert 2012 level improvement. - Pirkster

http://youtu.be/ouGM3NWpjxk The Home Hypnotist!

http://youtu.be/XQRFkn0Ly3A Media on the Brain Link!

Quote:Peyton must store oxygen in that forehead of his. No way I'd still be alive after all that choking.

(This post was last modified: 10-15-2019, 09:03 PM by americus 2.0.)

(10-15-2019, 08:23 PM)Jagsfan32277 Wrote:
(10-15-2019, 08:21 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: What loss?

The loss of a elite talent because the Jaguars have inept coaches and a loser culture.

If it's so to your disliking get the [BLEEP] off this board you [BLEEP]. Nobody will miss you, I promise.

(10-15-2019, 08:49 PM)HandsomeRob86 Wrote:
(10-15-2019, 08:44 PM)JagFan81 Wrote: I get there was no good ending to this but just look how that D is falling to pieces. Malik, Poz, Telvin, Ramsey, Colvin, Gipson, Church all gone. 

I wouldn't be surprised to see Yannick go aswell. Hell get paid top money by someone. And if he wants to go we will just let him.
At this point we can afford to lose him. I wouldn't mind trading Yan for a 1st as well if we could get it. It will be better than the 3rd we will get when he signs a mega deal in the offseason with someone else.

So what's the purpose of drafting good-great players?

Do we automatically resign ourselves as a team to trade away good to great players?

Is 5 years unrealistic for a Jaguars' player who has excelled?

Worst to 1st.  Curse Reversed!

(10-15-2019, 09:01 PM)Jagwired Wrote:

Well other than Bortles those picks were actually good, especially Ramsey. But now the Rams get to bare the cost, and we get their picks when the house of cards collapse.

Yes, it's improvement, but it's Blaine Gabbert 2012 level improvement. - Pirkster

Quote:Peyton must store oxygen in that forehead of his. No way I'd still be alive after all that choking.

1.  Knowing that Foles should be healthy by mid to late November, and having a better idea what we have in Minshew, what would you do with the extra draft capital?

Would you:

C.  Nothing else is going to matter if we can't protect the QB and open holes for the RBs.

B, D, E, and F would be 2nd options based on specific circumstances.  I wouldn't mind using one pick on Williams, but it may take more than that.

TE is another position that needs addressed.  We still don't know what we have in Oliver yet.  We'll get O'Shaughnessy back next year, but he is a solid utility guy.  We need a pass catching, route running TE.
[Image: giphy.gif]
The team will only go as far as the quality of the offensive line.

https://twitter.com/baldynfl/status/1184...75328?s=21
"Before you criticize a man, walk a mile in his shoes. That way, if he gets angry, he's a mile away and barefoot."

Would you:

Offensive line takes priority at this point. A good defense is not as valuable when the offense can't capitalize. The offense can't capitalize when they can't protect the QB, no matter how good he is. Get bodyguards for Foles, or Minshew, first, then next priority is D line. Too much uncertainty there with an aging CC and a disappointing Taven Bryan who looks to not grow much more.

Would you:

I cant believe I'm writing this but I think Khan has to make a choice. How close is this team? Are we in a SB window? Yannick contract, Fournettes contract.

I could see them trying a rebuild but I dont see any of the FO being here if we do. Does Khan give Coughlin and the coaches another year?

Anywhere but D line. We've invested so much in that with high draft picks the last few years

(This post was last modified: 10-15-2019, 10:23 PM by snowwolf776.)

I don't know if he reads the messege board or not. I want to send a huge thank you out to Jeff Lageman.

on jags radio this morning he talked aboubt ramsy,and khan,said if he was khan he would be embrased so much by this past week he would trade ramsy now.  isn't it funny after he says all that on the radio,

tonight ramsy is traded. thank you so much Jeff.  

snowwolf titans owner in madden.

note titans owner means im undeafted againest them. 

(10-15-2019, 09:03 PM)Bullseye Wrote:
(10-15-2019, 08:49 PM)HandsomeRob86 Wrote: At this point we can afford to lose him. I wouldn't mind trading Yan for a 1st as well if we could get it. It will be better than the 3rd we will get when he signs a mega deal in the offseason with someone else.

So what's the purpose of drafting good-great players?

Do we automatically resign ourselves as a team to trade away good to great players?

Is 5 years unrealistic for a Jaguars' player who has excelled?

Its a game of replacement for us. We keep the guys who want to stay, and the others we trade/let go. Belichek does this all the time, and we can too. Yeah we don't have Brady, but eventually we will get a good QB and when we do we will be in good shape.

We are a small market team, guys won't automatically want to play for us. The draft is the primary way we can improve, FA is generally not our thing. I completely support trying to draft our way into contention, buying our way hasn't worked out for us. At least we draft good enough now that we can get picks for our players.

(10-15-2019, 09:05 PM)homebiscuit Wrote:

Would you:

Offensive line takes priority at this point. A good defense is not as valuable when the offense can't capitalize. The offense can't capitalize when they can't protect the QB, no matter how good he is. Get bodyguards for Foles, or Minshew, first, then next priority is D line. Too much uncertainty there with an aging CC and a disappointing Taven Bryan who looks to not grow much more.

I’d be all for an upgrade at Guard but I still feel this team lacks a true offensive playmaker that requires full attention whether that be a TE, WR, or RB.
"Before you criticize a man, walk a mile in his shoes. That way, if he gets angry, he's a mile away and barefoot."

(10-15-2019, 09:04 PM)HandsomeRob86 Wrote:
(10-15-2019, 09:01 PM)Jagwired Wrote: Maybe they will experience the same luck we had with them. Close to none.

Well other than Bortles those picks were actually good, especially Ramsey. But now the Rams get to bare the cost, and we get their picks when the house of cards collapse.

I'll give you Ramsey. Fowler and BB? Nah. Just points to the fact that an elite corner will not get you to the dance very often.
Looking to troll? Don't bother, we supply our own.

Between the Rams and the Jaguars, which franchise made it to a Super Bowl?

Within the 25 year history of the Jaguars, the Jaguars made ZERO Super Bowls.

Within that same time frame, the Rams have been to THREE (3) Super Bowls, winning one, in part because they had the guts to pull the trigger on a trade for a talented player, in the effort to accumulate talent.

Worst to 1st.  Curse Reversed!