Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Nick Foles

(This post was last modified: 11-29-2019, 07:57 PM by JackCity.)

(11-29-2019, 06:33 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote:
(11-29-2019, 06:24 PM)JackCity Wrote: Nobody said you did. Being a loss is not the same as being the main reason an offense tanked, there are numerous other reasons far more impactful than JOS being out. 

Swaim sucks but is a better blocker with a better and more versatile usage as one. Both the cowboys and jags used him as a FB as well as the chip off the edge. Not that it matters
They have used all our TEs at FB at times because we dont have one. 

This was him last year and he was improving in pass catching and route running. 

His pass catching production may never be elite, but Pro Football Focus had O’Shaughnessy as the No. 2 run blocker among tight ends last season. He also led Jaguars’ tight ends in snaps (51.3 percent, according to Football Outsiders), and barring any further additions via the draft a similar role would be in store for 2019.

Swain doesnt do anything better than JO

Now watch Swaims lead blocking snaps Vs JOS's. Unfortunately I don't use PFF grades to come to my conclusions. 

You yourself have pointed out how badly PFF get it wrong on numerous occasions.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

It couldn't possibly be that Foles just isn't that good...
[Image: IMG-1452.jpg]

(11-26-2019, 01:56 PM)NYC4jags Wrote:
(11-26-2019, 01:49 PM)TrivialPursuit Wrote: It's simply because of him throwing into double and triple coverages. He's supposed to be the one to not do that.

He's playing like a rookie, basically. And I don't think he's played better than Bortles these past two games.. I mean if you look at his inflated garbage time stats... he's kinda like Bortles in 2015.
It’s very simple. Bortles made lots of bad throws. These two games Foles has made too many of those as well. But Foles has made a number of completions  that Blake used to go several games at a time  without ever pulling off.  Give me a call when Foles comes out and looks as inept as Blake did vs the bills in that wildcard game.

Hey bud, I'm giving you a call...

Yeah he's Bortles level bad today Vs an awful pass defense

(12-01-2019, 03:48 PM)Eric1 Wrote:
(11-26-2019, 01:56 PM)NYC4jags Wrote: It’s very simple. Bortles made lots of bad throws. These two games Foles has made too many of those as well. But Foles has made a number of completions  that Blake used to go several games at a time  without ever pulling off.  Give me a call when Foles comes out and looks as inept as Blake did vs the bills in that wildcard game.

Hey bud, I'm giving you a call...

fair

(02-05-2019, 01:14 PM)Ace Nova Wrote: Hi folks, lifelong Eagles fan here.  If Nick Foles comes to Jacksonville, you'll have one more fan join your ranks.  

Nick Foles is the real deal.  I would estimate that about 25-30% of the Eagles fan base would keep him over Wentz, given the choice.  And another 30% or so wouldn't be upset about it.  But there's the remaining 30% of fans  are Wentz fanatics and they scream louder than the rest...plus the Eagles front office has a ton invested in Wentz...that's the primary reason Wentz has been penciled in as the franchise QB in Philly.

That said, Nick Foles is a top 10 QB in the NFL. Don't let his regular season paper stats fool you, the guy is elite.  He's a selfless player who doesn't care about his individual stats.  His primary focus is being a leader and being a team player...and WINNING.  The guy is at his best in the most high pressure situations.  He's the definition of "clutch".

He's WON 7 must win games or the season is over...during the past 2 years.  Pretty sure no other QB in the NFL has done that over the past 2 seasons.  I think the next closest one is Brady with 5 "must win" wins.

He has among the best post season QB passer ratings in NFL history and is in the Hall of Fame twice....once for his 7 TD game and another time for his Super Bowl MVP performance.  

In terms of skills, he's extremely accurate, has a strong arm, can throw both laser/bullet passes or touch passes when needed.  His pre snap reads are elite level, he delivers the ball as fast as anyone in the NFL and has among the highest passer ratings in the NFL while being blitzed.  He's an elite pocket passer and he's a guy that you want holding the ball if your team is down late in the 4th quarter.  He really is that good.

As far as compensation goes, if the Eagles tag him at 25 million he'll probably negotiate an incentive bases contract wherever he goes.  He's a very humble guy and would want to make wherever he goes a good fit.  I could see him taking a 3-4 year deal for around 22-23 million per year plus incentives that could get him to 25+ million if the team makes the playoffs etc.  And who would complain about paying him 25 million if your team is winning in the playoffs? I wouldn't.
'
In terms of picks, the Eagles would get a 3rd round comp pick if he walks in free agency so I would think that would be the least compensation they would take.  And a 3rd round pick for Nick Foles is highway robbery for whoever gets him, imo.

Good luck!

hahahahaha

(12-11-2019, 09:33 AM)JackCity Wrote:
(02-05-2019, 01:14 PM)Ace Nova Wrote: Hi folks, lifelong Eagles fan here.  If Nick Foles comes to Jacksonville, you'll have one more fan join your ranks.  

Nick Foles is the real deal.  I would estimate that about 25-30% of the Eagles fan base would keep him over Wentz, given the choice.  And another 30% or so wouldn't be upset about it.  But there's the remaining 30% of fans  are Wentz fanatics and they scream louder than the rest...plus the Eagles front office has a ton invested in Wentz...that's the primary reason Wentz has been penciled in as the franchise QB in Philly.

That said, Nick Foles is a top 10 QB in the NFL. Don't let his regular season paper stats fool you, the guy is elite.  He's a selfless player who doesn't care about his individual stats.  His primary focus is being a leader and being a team player...and WINNING.  The guy is at his best in the most high pressure situations.  He's the definition of "clutch".

He's WON 7 must win games or the season is over...during the past 2 years.  Pretty sure no other QB in the NFL has done that over the past 2 seasons.  I think the next closest one is Brady with 5 "must win" wins.

He has among the best post season QB passer ratings in NFL history and is in the Hall of Fame twice....once for his 7 TD game and another time for his Super Bowl MVP performance.  

In terms of skills, he's extremely accurate, has a strong arm, can throw both laser/bullet passes or touch passes when needed.  His pre snap reads are elite level, he delivers the ball as fast as anyone in the NFL and has among the highest passer ratings in the NFL while being blitzed.  He's an elite pocket passer and he's a guy that you want holding the ball if your team is down late in the 4th quarter.  He really is that good.

As far as compensation goes, if the Eagles tag him at 25 million he'll probably negotiate an incentive bases contract wherever he goes.  He's a very humble guy and would want to make wherever he goes a good fit.  I could see him taking a 3-4 year deal for around 22-23 million per year plus incentives that could get him to 25+ million if the team makes the playoffs etc.  And who would complain about paying him 25 million if your team is winning in the playoffs? I wouldn't.
'
In terms of picks, the Eagles would get a 3rd round comp pick if he walks in free agency so I would think that would be the least compensation they would take.  And a 3rd round pick for Nick Foles is highway robbery for whoever gets him, imo.

Good luck!

hahahahaha

I was wondering where these guys went but I was too lazy to look up old threads.  This guy and NickFoles7 were all over his jockstrap.

(01-29-2019, 10:13 AM)Rico Wrote: You're dreaming if you think that Foles is going to have the same kind of success here.  I'd rather some other team overpay for him.

^^^ This ^^^

Most have have been unreasonably hard on Nick Foles.

I was very “Pro Foles” even before he officially became a FA. I thought with consistent average to above average play we had a chance to repeat 2017. I admit I was wrong. I’ve been duped. I’ve been bamboozeled. Last time I felt this violated was when I came home one day to find the house was broke into. Well, maybe not to that degree.

I figured he’d be an upgrade from BB. More accurate, on time and more consistent. I will not be applying for the new GM position apparently.

(12-11-2019, 10:02 AM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote: Most have have been unreasonably hard on Nick Foles.

Like opposing DLines?

(03-04-2019, 03:54 PM)Eric1 Wrote:
(03-04-2019, 03:22 PM)Cleatwood Wrote: Is it really that risky though? How many QBs in the league are starting via FA? The vast majority were drafted by their teams. You know Foles is average but with that attitude, you’ll never have a true franchise QB. Chiefs traded up and are now set. Same with the Texans and Jets.

Here's the records of FA QBs signing multi-year deals since 2000 and it isn't good. 1 year deals weren't included.

[Image: Capture.jpg]
Let's add Foles to this great list of busts.

(12-11-2019, 10:24 AM)Jags Wrote: I was very “Pro Foles” even before he officially became a FA.  I thought with consistent average to above average play we had a chance to repeat 2017.  I admit I was wrong.  I’ve been duped.  I’ve been bamboozeled. Last time I felt this violated was when I came home one day to find the house was broke into.  Well, maybe not to that degree.  

I figured he’d be an upgrade from BB.  More accurate, on time and more consistent.  I will not be applying for the new GM position apparently.

Nothing else about this team is as effective as it was in 2017, that matters more than how Foles looked this year.
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

The guy has played 3 games with us and 2 of those coming off a broken collarbone. Just because you don't have Lamar Jackson like scrambling ability behind a highly paid bust of an offensive line doesn't make you a bad QB.

Blame your GM here.

Foles is and always has been a bad qb who got hot in the playoffs like Flacco.
No Fun

(12-11-2019, 01:13 PM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote: The guy has played 3 games with us and 2 of those coming off a broken collarbone. Just because you don't have Lamar Jackson like scrambling ability behind a highly paid bust of an offensive line doesn't make you a bad QB.

Blame your GM here.
When you pay someone 88 million dollars to be your franchise QB, he needs to elevate the players around him. Minshew did that. Not Foles. When the 6th round rookie QB (behind the exact same OLine) looks better, the "franchise" QB has issues.

(This post was last modified: 12-11-2019, 01:21 PM by StroudCrowd1.)

(12-11-2019, 01:14 PM)Cleatwood Wrote:
(12-11-2019, 01:13 PM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote: The guy has played 3 games with us and 2 of those coming off a broken collarbone. Just because you don't have Lamar Jackson like scrambling ability behind a highly paid bust of an offensive line doesn't make you a bad QB.

Blame your GM here.
When you pay someone 88 million dollars to be your franchise QB, he needs to elevate the players around him. Minshew did that. Not Foles. When the 6th round rookie QB (behind the exact same OLine) looks better, the "franchise" QB has issues.

Look, I don't disagree with having the ability to elevate players around him, but he hasn't even had time to develop an on field chemistry with these guys. Not to mention we don't have a single WR on the roster anybody outside of Duval county has heard of. Again, blame your GM here.

Minshew looks better because is more mobile. It doesn't make him a better QB. There are a lot of great pocket QB's you watch every week who would look less than average on this team.

(This post was last modified: 12-11-2019, 01:36 PM by Kane.)

(12-11-2019, 12:07 PM)Cleatwood Wrote:
(03-04-2019, 03:54 PM)Eric1 Wrote: Here's the records of FA QBs signing multi-year deals since 2000 and it isn't good. 1 year deals weren't included.

[Image: Capture.jpg]
Let's add Foles to this great list of busts.

The only two that were any good are sure fire HOF players. Both of which ended up FAs because of injury.

Tyrod wasn't a bust considering his $ wasn't big and had a + record.
And Cousins is TBD but imo, not worth the ched.

(12-11-2019, 01:20 PM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote:
(12-11-2019, 01:14 PM)Cleatwood Wrote: When you pay someone 88 million dollars to be your franchise QB, he needs to elevate the players around him. Minshew did that. Not Foles. When the 6th round rookie QB (behind the exact same OLine) looks better, the "franchise" QB has issues.

Not to mention we don't have a single WR on the roster anybody outside of Duval county has heard of. 

I'm getting sick of Chark getting disrespected lol

Dude is good and I'm willing to bet plenty of people know his name (especially since when we play well coached teams they double him up to take him away cuz the rest of our weapons are crap)

(12-11-2019, 01:20 PM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote:
(12-11-2019, 01:14 PM)Cleatwood Wrote: When you pay someone 88 million dollars to be your franchise QB, he needs to elevate the players around him. Minshew did that. Not Foles. When the 6th round rookie QB (behind the exact same OLine) looks better, the "franchise" QB has issues.

Look, I don't disagree with having the ability to elevate players around him, but he hasn't even had time to develop an on field chemistry with these guys. Not to mention we don't have a single WR on the roster anybody outside of Duval county has heard of. Again, blame your GM here.

Minshew looks better because is more mobile. It doesn't make him a better QB. There are a lot of great pocket QB's you watch every week who would look less than average on this team.
Blame the GM for bringing in an average QB? Sure.

But you can also criticize that QB because his play on the field hasn't even been average. He played against arguably the worst secondary in football and gifted them 3 turnovers.

Also, Chark has played at a pro bowl level this season and that's with average QB play.  If he plays one more game, he will have over 1,000 yards and possibly 10 TDs.

(12-11-2019, 10:02 AM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote: Most have have been unreasonably hard on Nick Foles.

He shouldn’t have been playing at all. Rushing him back from a broken collarbone behind an offensive line that can’t block was a recipe for failure.