Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Yan still doing nothing

(12-30-2019, 02:21 PM)Cleatwood Wrote:
(12-30-2019, 01:55 PM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote: C. Campbell is a pro. I understand there is a maturity gap, but Yan is not acting like a pro.
Hahahaha clueless as usual. 

Please provide examples of how he didn’t act like a professional with regards to his contract. The dude has been nothing but class.

And of course Calais is cool. He’s getting paid extremely well.

I wonder if Calais would be cool with taking a pay cut to free up some money for Yan....

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(12-30-2019, 02:25 PM)imtheblkranger Wrote:
(12-30-2019, 02:21 PM)Cleatwood Wrote: Hahahaha clueless as usual. 

Please provide examples of how he didn’t act like a professional with regards to his contract. The dude has been nothing but class.

And of course Calais is cool. He’s getting paid extremely well.

I wonder if Calais would be cool with taking a pay cut to free up some money for Yan....
Oh he’s a pro. He will probably just give his whole contract to Yan and Allen.

(This post was last modified: 12-30-2019, 02:31 PM by iHaunting Raven.)

Lol, Yan will find out he is not worth as much as he thinks.

16 million per year, he doesnt want it? then bye.

He is not elite nor great, period.

(12-30-2019, 02:30 PM)iHaunting Raven Wrote: Lol, Yan will find out he is not worth as much as he thinks.

If you think nobody is going to pay him at least that much, you really don't have much of a grip on reality.
[Image: IMG-1452.jpg]

(12-30-2019, 02:33 PM)Rico Wrote:
(12-30-2019, 02:30 PM)iHaunting Raven Wrote: Lol, Yan will find out he is not worth as much as he thinks.

If you think nobody is going to pay him at least that much, you really don't have much of a grip on reality.

I didn't say he can't get more, that's what he is worth.

Someone no question will overpay him, but not as much as he expects.

(12-30-2019, 02:39 PM)iHaunting Raven Wrote:
(12-30-2019, 02:33 PM)Rico Wrote: If you think nobody is going to pay him at least that much, you really don't have much of a grip on reality.

I didn't say he can't get more, that's what he is worth.

So, in other words, he is worth that much.

If someone is going to pay him, he is worth that much.

(This post was last modified: 12-30-2019, 02:44 PM by iHaunting Raven.)

(12-30-2019, 02:40 PM)Rico Wrote:
(12-30-2019, 02:39 PM)iHaunting Raven Wrote: I didn't say he can't get more, that's what he is worth.

So, in other words, he is worth that much.

Wow... 

Sure, if you say so. 

Just like Bortles was worth that extension.. And Foles his contract. 

Firts you try to twist my words, now this, lame...

(12-30-2019, 02:43 PM)iHaunting Raven Wrote:
(12-30-2019, 02:40 PM)Rico Wrote: So, in other words, he is worth that much.

Wow... 

Sure, if you say so. 

Kinda funny you saying anyone at all is lame.  

Carry on with your obsession with Ngakoue.

(12-30-2019, 02:54 PM)Rico Wrote:
(12-30-2019, 02:43 PM)iHaunting Raven Wrote: Wow... 

Sure, if you say so. 

Kinda funny you saying anyone at all is lame.  

Oh oh, that really hurts me....

Its gotta sting every time you read how good Yan is doing then have to open up this forum and try your best to spin how wrong you have been(and still are).

You can easily read it in the tone of your post, you are mad that you are wrong and a legit good player on the team your root for makes you angry. Think about that for a second.....

(This post was last modified: 12-30-2019, 03:24 PM by RicoTx.)

(12-30-2019, 03:08 PM)iHaunting Raven Wrote:
(12-30-2019, 02:54 PM)Rico Wrote: Kinda funny you saying anyone at all is lame.  

Oh oh, that really hurts me....

Easily as much as you hurt mine.

Rolleyes

(12-30-2019, 01:59 PM)JackCity Wrote:
(12-30-2019, 01:50 PM)JNev Wrote: [quote pid='1275743' dateline='1577728066']

And what are you gonna do if he doesn't sign it

He’s not gonna pass up on $20m+ to prove a point. He hasn’t earned that much in his career yet. Guys play on the tag all the time, it’s not that crazy. 

For the record I personally hope they blow him away with a long term offer and he stays a long time

He already played without a contract to prove his point. He's getting a big money contact no matter what happens , declining the tag just means the jags will have to trade him
[/quote]
But he played out his contract (like a pro would do) and bet on himself.

It's different than holding out a full year earning nothing to prove a point.

I don't know him personally but I don't see him pulling a Bell.

Judging from what he said during his time with the media yesterday, I don't think he particularly wants to be here.  Kind of paraphrasing what he said...

Quote:"During my 4 years here I learned a lot about this franchise and understand it's a business."

He never really talks about the city, his teammates or a desire to stay here.  That was more-or-less his standard answer to questions about his future.  I think he wants to test free agency and will go to the highest bidder (and I don't blame him).

I do think that the team should avoid tagging him and should come to terms with him.  Sure using the tag on him will ensure that he's here for next season, but it doesn't "lock him up" for the future.  Regardless of what some people think, you don't let a player like him go.

There are 10 kinds of people in this world.  Those who understand binary and those who don't.

It’s just funny that people don’t want to pay him and then will be the first ones mad about lack of pass rush next year. For so long this team has been devoid of talent and now, the Jags finally draft a good one and its “well we can just got find another one”. If it’s that easy, why did it take so long to find Yan?

Allen and Yan would be the best young pass rushing tandem in the league. Yan is still so young.

It's fine guys...Campbell is a true professional. He's eating our cap like any true professional would. Get him out or we lose Yan.
A True Fan ladies and gentlemen:
(11-12-2018, 07:02 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: Ramsey for Grier straight up

(12-30-2019, 04:11 PM)Setsuna00 Wrote: It's fine guys...Campbell is a true professional. He's eating our cap like any true professional would. Get him out or we lose Yan.

Egh, we can still sign Yan without even touching his contract. That said, a restructure would be nice

(This post was last modified: 12-30-2019, 04:43 PM by iHaunting Raven.)

(12-30-2019, 03:21 PM)TearExtractor Wrote: Its gotta sting every time you read how good Yan is doing then have to open up this forum and try your best to spin how wrong you have been(and still are).

You can easily read it in the tone of your post, you are mad that you are wrong and a legit good player on the team your root for makes you angry. Think about that for a second.....

[Image: giphy.gif]

Laughing

BTW Smoot had 6 sacks in like a 3rd of Ngkoue's playing time..

But but but where are we gonna find another player who can give us 8 sacks in a season...   Laughing

(This post was last modified: 12-30-2019, 04:49 PM by Caldrac.)

I don't know how you structure his deal. I think he's a top 10 pass rusher for sure.

If the argument is that "Well, he's feasted on weak teams". My question for you would be.

What about J.J Watt then? Is he overrated? Because he probably owes Jacksonville a thank you with probably more than 35% of his career sacks coming against us twice a year.

I think deal wise. He should be in that 4 - 7 range. Maybe front load it early and then back load it with incentives and bonuses based on statistics.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

(12-30-2019, 04:41 PM)iHaunting Raven Wrote:
(12-30-2019, 03:21 PM)TearExtractor Wrote: Its gotta sting every time you read how good Yan is doing then have to open up this forum and try your best to spin how wrong you have been(and still are).

[Image: giphy.gif]

BTW Smoot had 6 sacks in like a 3rd of Ngkoue's playing time..

But but but where are we gonna find another player who can give us 8 sacks in a season...  
Smoot doesn't demand the attention of Ngakoue. This is my biggest gripe with you regarding Ngakoue.

How often does Smoot see a guard kick outside or pinch inside to chip him? How often does Smoot deal with an inline blocker from the tight end position?

You keep hyping up Fowler. And that's fine. But we all know that the big dog out in L.A is Aaron Donald. And it's a guarantee that he's eating up two blocks at the minimum.

Thus giving him more one on one opportunities. Who else is out there? Suh? He's not in his prime anymore but he's still a handful at times and has to be accounted for based on weekly match up's.

You also want to talk about feasting on weak teams? Did Fowler get ANY sacks against Arizona this year? Because that's easily one of the worst offensive lines right now.

[Image: 4SXW6gC.png]

"What do I know of cultured ways, the gilt, the craft and the lie? I, who was born in a naked land and bred in the open sky. The subtle tongue, the sophist guile, they fail when the broadswords sing; Rush in and die, dogs - I was a man before I was a king."

(This post was last modified: 12-30-2019, 04:58 PM by Caldrac.)

Suh was there in 2018. At any rate. Fowler went 5 straight weeks without registering a single sack. He feasted on Atlanta, Carolina & Cincinnati this year. Yawn.

By your logic. He's in the same boat as Ngakoue. Yannick didn't go no longer than 3 straight weeks without showing up on the sack column.

While Fowler is out there playing with the best pure pass rushing and consistent handful in Donald at DT. And a much more storied DC in Wade Phillips.

[Image: 4SXW6gC.png]

"What do I know of cultured ways, the gilt, the craft and the lie? I, who was born in a naked land and bred in the open sky. The subtle tongue, the sophist guile, they fail when the broadswords sing; Rush in and die, dogs - I was a man before I was a king."

(12-30-2019, 04:55 PM)Caldrac Wrote: Suh was there in 2018. At any rate. Fowler went 5 straight weeks without registering a single sack. He feasted on Atlanta, Carolina & Cincinnati this year. Yawn.

By your logic. He's in the same boat as Ngakoue. While playing with the best pure pass rushing and consistent handful in Donald at DT.

I've said several times neither is elite, neither deserves a giant deal, but Fowler is better.

Ngakoue doesn't get nearly as much attention as you people say. He is not elite, he is not an All Pro.