Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Time to tear it down

(10-27-2020, 11:44 AM)flsprtsgod Wrote:
(10-27-2020, 10:11 AM)The Real Marty Wrote: What's the plan?  It's a serious question, because I would feel better if I thought there was a plan, no matter what the plan was.

Dave and Doug presented it last offseason. 

"We're going to rebuild the team with the plan we used in 2013 to build the 2017 roster. We'll blow it up this offseason and move all the expensive vet contracts off the books while we draft new defensive players to get us back to 2017. Next year will be bad because we'll be so young, but the year after we'll see real progress since we already have our coach here and we all know he's better than Gus Bradley was. If all goes right we'll draft that Lawrence kid next year to lead the offense and we've still got some good talent there already. By year three we'll be challenging for the playoffs every year unless you bring in another EVP to tear down what we worked so hard to build."

So you are saying Dave and Doug go 1-15 this year and get extended?  OK... cool.

Laughing
This is a results-oriented business.  There are no trophies or titles given for "moral victories" or for "winning the draft".  Our record with DC is 37-86.  6-10 is our 2nd best season in 8 years of Caldwell leadership.  These are the FACTS.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(10-27-2020, 10:15 AM)Talented Kalamari Wrote: I am quickly losing faith in Shad Khan as an owner. Look at his soccer team. They suck too. I think it’s becoming obvious that he doesn’t care, he’s fine with the shared revenue and TV contract money. That’s why he bought a team. This is bad

He's part of the club, he's not losing money, that's all he cares about

(10-27-2020, 11:59 AM)NeptuneBeachBum Wrote:
(10-27-2020, 11:44 AM)flsprtsgod Wrote: Dave and Doug presented it last offseason. 

"We're going to rebuild the team with the plan we used in 2013 to build the 2017 roster. We'll blow it up this offseason and move all the expensive vet contracts off the books while we draft new defensive players to get us back to 2017. Next year will be bad because we'll be so young, but the year after we'll see real progress since we already have our coach here and we all know he's better than Gus Bradley was. If all goes right we'll draft that Lawrence kid next year to lead the offense and we've still got some good talent there already. By year three we'll be challenging for the playoffs every year unless you bring in another EVP to tear down what we worked so hard to build."

So you are saying Dave and Doug go 1-15 this year and get extended?  OK... cool.

Laughing

So you're saying the owner who doesn't seem to care about the franchise's record is going to fire the guys he should've fired last year when they told him this was what was going to happen this year? Ok...cool.
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

(This post was last modified: 10-27-2020, 01:33 PM by NeptuneBeachBum.)

(10-27-2020, 12:05 PM)flsprtsgod Wrote:
(10-27-2020, 11:59 AM)NeptuneBeachBum Wrote: So you are saying Dave and Doug go 1-15 this year and get extended?  OK... cool.

Laughing

So you're saying the owner who doesn't seem to care about the franchise's record is going to fire the guys he should've fired last year when they told him this was what was going to happen this year? Ok...cool.

Lots of emotional assumptions in one sentence there (#1 owner doesn't care; #2 DC and DM told Khan about their "master plan" to suck this year; and #3 Khan has agreed to said plan and will keep them around regardless of our record).  Pretty safe to say my thoughts are a little more logical than yours here.  But the great thing is, we will see at the end of the season.  OK?  Cool.
This is a results-oriented business.  There are no trophies or titles given for "moral victories" or for "winning the draft".  Our record with DC is 37-86.  6-10 is our 2nd best season in 8 years of Caldwell leadership.  These are the FACTS.

(10-27-2020, 09:02 AM)RicoTx Wrote:
(10-27-2020, 08:59 AM)snowwolf776 Wrote: Just think this week jags will be first team in nfl history to lose to thier bye,and alloew 40 points to the bye. what a record to have. even after loseing to the bye no one will still be fired ever.

You should just stop posting.

dang I miss the +1 button some days.

(10-27-2020, 01:30 PM)NeptuneBeachBum Wrote:
(10-27-2020, 12:05 PM)flsprtsgod Wrote: So you're saying the owner who doesn't seem to care about the franchise's record is going to fire the guys he should've fired last year when they told him this was what was going to happen this year? Ok...cool.

Lots of emotional assumptions in one sentence there (#1 owner doesn't care; #2 DC and DM told Khan about their "master plan" to suck this year; and #3 Khan has agreed to said plan and will keep them around regardless of our record).  Pretty safe to say my thoughts are a little more logical than yours here.  But the great thing is, we will see at the end of the season.  OK?  Cool.
The decisions and statements Sadly point to this being more likely than everyone is gone at the end of the year. Why would Marrone Baloney say Wash is fine and he is open to benching Minshew?  Everything is stupid.

Honestly these guys are getting more out of that stupid 2017 team then anyone has a right to get.

Someone else pointed it out well when they said it would be nice to have an understandable plan and an outline or road map. The defensive drafting and player strategy runs contrary to wash's defense. Killing the fans.
The Khan Years

Patience, Persistence, and Piss Poor General Managers.

(10-27-2020, 09:31 AM)snowwolf776 Wrote:
(10-27-2020, 09:02 AM)RicoTx Wrote: You should just stop posting.

just for telling the truth. the jags suck so bad this year its very possbille they could lose to thier bye week. i hope not,but a key player could get hurt in practice or something.  James Robinson is a walk on s only decent player this year,he hasn't bought into dougs loseing attudide yet. Jags could go 0-16 for next serveal years. we didn't beat the colts ,game was handed to jags. 

You have a funny idea of the truth.  "Losing to the bye" is "the truth".
[Image: IMG-1452.jpg]

(10-27-2020, 11:44 AM)flsprtsgod Wrote:
(10-27-2020, 10:11 AM)The Real Marty Wrote: What's the plan?  It's a serious question, because I would feel better if I thought there was a plan, no matter what the plan was.

Dave and Doug presented it last offseason. 

I think your closer than any of us would like to think. 2017 was everything Khan wanted and I fear he thinks 'well these guys did it before'. What have we heard from upstairs this year? Not a peep. No warm word statements, 2 games in London, it's like they knew we were going to be awful and just keeping their heads down.

I fear when Coughlin came in, Caldwell, Marrone and Wash formed a clique to protect each other. Weve fired Hackett, De Filippo and Coughlin but those 3 remain. 

Do you think Khan is currently searching for a GM, sending people to look at HC's? I worry he got burnt with Coughlin and plays safe and gives this useless staff just one more chance.

(10-27-2020, 01:30 PM)NeptuneBeachBum Wrote:
(10-27-2020, 12:05 PM)flsprtsgod Wrote: So you're saying the owner who doesn't seem to care about the franchise's record is going to fire the guys he should've fired last year when they told him this was what was going to happen this year? Ok...cool.

I hope you're right, but your so called logical thoughts don't stand up to the scrutiny of history. Ok? Cool.
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

(This post was last modified: 10-27-2020, 02:35 PM by NeptuneBeachBum.)

(10-27-2020, 02:32 PM)flsprtsgod Wrote:
(10-27-2020, 01:30 PM)NeptuneBeachBum Wrote: Lots of emotional assumptions in one sentence there (#1 owner doesn't care; #2 DC and DM told Khan about their "master plan" to suck this year; and #3 Khan has agreed to said plan and will keep them around regardless of our record).  Pretty safe to say my thoughts are a little more logical than yours here.  But the great thing is, we will see at the end of the season.  OK?  Cool.

I hope you're right, but your so called logical thoughts don't stand up to the scrutiny of history. Ok? Cool.

Well, the one thing that is correct about your perspective is there has not been a strong history of "logical" decision-making with this franchise.  I'll concede that.  lol. Cool? OK....

(10-27-2020, 02:31 PM)JagFan81 Wrote:
(10-27-2020, 11:44 AM)flsprtsgod Wrote: Dave and Doug presented it last offseason. 

I think your closer than any of us would like to think. 2017 was everything Khan wanted and I fear he thinks 'well these guys did it before'. What have we heard from upstairs this year? Not a peep. No warm word statements, 2 games in London, it's like they knew we were going to be awful and just keeping their heads down.

I fear when Coughlin came in, Caldwell, Marrone and Wash formed a clique to protect each other. Weve fired Hackett, De Filippo and Coughlin but those 3 remain. 

Do you think Khan is currently searching for a GM, sending people to look at HC's? I worry he got burnt with Coughlin and plays safe and gives this useless staff just one more chance.

Every action taken the past offseason indicated that Dave and Doug are not overly concerned about this season's outcome. They drafted long term, cleared the salary cap, acquired future picks, are keeping subordinate staff when they shouldn't and coaching like this is a teaching season. Nothing a bout their demeanor says they are worried about their jobs.

(10-27-2020, 02:34 PM)NeptuneBeachBum Wrote:
(10-27-2020, 02:32 PM)flsprtsgod Wrote: I hope you're right, but your so called logical thoughts don't stand up to the scrutiny of history. Ok? Cool.

Well, the one thing that is correct about your perspective is there has not been a strong history of "logical" decision-making with this franchise.  I'll concede that.  lol.  Cool?  OK....

Logical minds wouldn't be in this position to begin with.

(10-27-2020, 02:36 PM)flsprtsgod Wrote:
(10-27-2020, 02:31 PM)JagFan81 Wrote: I think your closer than any of us would like to think. 2017 was everything Khan wanted and I fear he thinks 'well these guys did it before'. What have we heard from upstairs this year? Not a peep. No warm word statements, 2 games in London, it's like they knew we were going to be awful and just keeping their heads down.

Every action taken the past offseason indicated that Dave and Doug are not overly concerned about this season's outcome. They drafted long term, cleared the salary cap, acquired future picks, are keeping subordinate staff when they shouldn't and coaching like this is a teaching season. Nothing a bout their demeanor says they are worried about their jobs.

(10-27-2020, 02:34 PM)NeptuneBeachBum Wrote: Well, the one thing that is correct about your perspective is there has not been a strong history of "logical" decision-making with this franchise.  I'll concede that.  lol.  Cool?  OK....

Logical minds wouldn't be in this position to begin with.

I completely agree. Nothing about them screams we are on the hot seat. We are looking at going 1-15 and any coach would be in trouble but this lot seem to know something we dont.

Some comments from Marrone today. I think hes actually lost his mind

"I'm not going to B.S. anyone: I'm kind of fired up," Marrone said Tuesday morning.

[font=All-ProSans, Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif]He also said he has spoken to Owner Shad Khan this week, adding that it's routine for the two to speak weekly during the season.
[/font]

"We've talked every week," Marrone said. "We communicate each week. Each week, there are a lot of things we go through – what's going on, what are we doing moving forward … a lot of those conversations.
[font=All-ProSans, Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif]"It's not like there's no communication. We'll talk this week just like we normally do. We communicated [Monday]. We'll talk again on Wednesday. This has been what's going on since I've been here."[/font]

[font=All-ProSans, Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif][font=All-ProSans, Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif]"I know you guys are probably saying, 'What the hell is going on? How can this guy be fired up? They just lost six in a row,'" Marrone said. "I understand that. I totally do. But I'm going to bust my [BLEEP], man – I'm telling you."[/font][/font]

[font=All-ProSans, Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif][font=All-ProSans, Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif][font=All-ProSans, Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif]Marrone on Tuesday said he will think "outside the box" when considering the team's approach after the bye.[/font][/font][/font]
[font=All-ProSans, Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif][font=All-ProSans, Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif][font=All-ProSans, Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif]"I'm going to look at some things," Marrone said. "I want to challenge these coaches and challenge these players. I'm going to do whatever I can to get the best out of this team and the best out of these players. I'm sure people are going to mock me for that or say whatever the hell they want, but I really don't give a ----. I'm fired up. I'm going to go after it.
"However it falls, it falls. It's open for me. I've done crazy stuff before."[/font]
[/font]
[/font]

[font=All-ProSans, Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif][font=All-ProSans, Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif][font=All-ProSans, Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif][font=All-ProSans, Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif]"At the end of the day, the dramatic changes that maybe people might be looking at on the outside … you're talking about basically you're going to have one practice and you're going to be getting ready for a game plan," Marrone said. "If you're sitting there and people are saying that you want all these dramatic-type changes going through and everything … that's not possible.

"But that doesn't mean we can't make changes and adjustments and win football games, and that's what we're going to do."
[/font]
[/font]
[/font]
[/font]

"I got 10 days off man, I'm stoked and, you know, we're all excited and, I mean, ready for the grill out over at Dave's new place, knowwhatImsayin'?"

(This post was last modified: 10-27-2020, 05:10 PM by JagFan81.)

(10-27-2020, 04:39 PM)flsprtsgod Wrote: "I got 10 days off man, I'm stoked and, you know, we're all excited and, I mean, ready for the grill out over at Dave's new place, knowwhatImsayin'?"

Hahaha! Spend a week coaching the dogs...

Hes fired up?! I would [BLEEP] hope so!

After week one this is my kinda of team/roster. It sure did look good with a Colts meltdown but there has been no crow and no told you so as of late. Just setting all the wrong records. This feels like Gus all over again. Oh and the same GM was behind both decisions. Yuck
The Khan Years

Patience, Persistence, and Piss Poor General Managers.

(This post was last modified: 10-27-2020, 05:36 PM by NeptuneBeachBum.)

(10-27-2020, 05:10 PM)JagFan81 Wrote:
(10-27-2020, 04:39 PM)flsprtsgod Wrote: "I got 10 days off man, I'm stoked and, you know, we're all excited and, I mean, ready for the grill out over at Dave's new place, knowwhatImsayin'?"

Hahaha! Spend a week coaching the dogs...

I'd be fired up too if I knew I was getting fired in a couple months and getting paid $4-5 MILLION to take a year long vacation!

Hello All, new nfl fan here Smile , long story as to how i came to support Jaguars but anyway, from the few games i have watched from 2019 and also this season, it seems that this team has plenty of talent - Robinson, Minshew etc

but personally i think the problem lies in the coaching of the team

(10-27-2020, 06:23 PM)AUFAN Wrote: Hello All, new nfl fan here Smile , long story as to how i came to support Jaguars but anyway, from the few games i have watched from 2019 and also this season, it seems that this team has plenty of talent - Robinson, Minshew etc

Hello and welcome!

(This post was last modified: 10-27-2020, 06:52 PM by JagFan81.)

(10-27-2020, 05:36 PM)NeptuneBeachBum Wrote:
(10-27-2020, 05:10 PM)JagFan81 Wrote: Hahaha! Spend a week coaching the dogs...

I'd be fired up too if I knew I was getting fired in a couple months and getting paid $4-5 MILLION to take a year long vacation!

Haha!! Good point! I think even the flag football teams will say 'Were ok Doug'

(10-27-2020, 06:23 PM)AUFAN Wrote: Hello All, new nfl fan here Smile , long story as to how i came to support Jaguars but anyway, from the few games i have watched from 2019 and also this season, it seems that this team has plenty of talent - Robinson, Minshew etc

Welcome.