Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
people on the board (still here)

(12-03-2020, 10:14 PM)Sammy Wrote: A few posters I had a bit of connection with.

Sec235Beast - I bought him and his wife a Beer at a Colts game in Indy. The game rookie Cox intercepted Manning in the end zone.
BananaPhone - I don't know how many people realize he was a wordsmith genius. Real name was Jeffery. I really appreciated him, and wish he was still posting.
Scarecrow - Awesome young man, I think between me, him, and JW was how he ended up with the name Scarecrow.

BJOUR TOURAQUE ... The "J" is silent, in case you didn't know. Wes was a great poster that I missed when he stepped away. If he were still here posting with his puking cat, I think the board would have a much greater participation.

I can't list all my homies ... But one that has always had my back ... anonymous2112. Thank you, my friend.

Oh, and the Bunny, always.

I miss bananaphone! His posts were some of my favorites on the board. 

And  Love
What in the Wide Wide World of Sports is agoin' on here???

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(12-03-2020, 10:17 PM)Bchbunnie4 Wrote:
(12-03-2020, 10:14 PM)Sammy Wrote: A few posters I had a bit of connection with.

Sec235Beast - I bought him and his wife a Beer at a Colts game in Indy. The game rookie Cox intercepted Manning in the end zone.
BananaPhone - I don't know how many people realize he was a wordsmith genius. Real name was Jeffery. I really appreciated him, and wish he was still posting.
Scarecrow - Awesome young man, I think between me, him, and JW was how he ended up with the name Scarecrow.

BJOUR TOURAQUE ... The "J" is silent, in case you didn't know. Wes was a great poster that I missed when he stepped away. If he were still here posting with his puking cat, I think the board would have a much greater participation.

I can't list all my homies ... But one that has always had my back ... anonymous2112. Thank you, my friend.

I miss bananaphone! His posts were some of my favorites on the board. 

And  Love

That was one odd dude and his profile photo gave me the willies.
[Image: IMG-1452.jpg]

(12-04-2020, 09:27 AM)RicoTx Wrote:
(12-03-2020, 10:17 PM)Bchbunnie4 Wrote: I miss bananaphone! His posts were some of my favorites on the board. 

And  Love

That was one odd dude and his profile photo gave me the willies.

He stopped posting for a while and then returned briefly mentioning something about heavy drug use. It showed in his posts too; typically on the odd side but dark. You could tell he was in a bad place. That mind on drugs does not sound like a sustainable combination.

(12-04-2020, 09:35 AM)homebiscuit Wrote:
(12-04-2020, 09:27 AM)RicoTx Wrote: That was one odd dude and his profile photo gave me the willies.

He stopped posting for a while and then returned briefly mentioning something about heavy drug use. It showed in his posts too; typically on the odd side but dark. You could tell he was in a bad place. That mind on drugs does not sound like a sustainable combination.

Yes, his last few posts we worrisome. I hope he’s okay.
What in the Wide Wide World of Sports is agoin' on here???

I remember BP and his questionable avatar(s?).

While I am not nearly as funny as Bjorn, I can fill the void if we need puking cat stories. I have one (affectionately called stupidcat) that is too dumb to chew food, or know her limits, so we end up with a mess if she eats too fast or finds something shiny to ingest

Good to see you back, Sammy. If I ever make it to Indy, I'll let you buy me a beer, too.

I remember BananaPhone too. I liked him. I enjoyed his humor and his posts that were so far out there. I didn’t know he was struggling with addiction. I obviously don’t remember the “last few posts” you guys are talking about.

Glad to be one of your homies, and will continue to have your back as long as you stick around.  One day I'll take you up on your offer to chill in Indy and paint the town blue.  Apologizing in advance if the shade of blue looks suspiciously closer to teal...

One of the ironies of the message board migration is that we lost quite a few of the more interesting Jags fans, but somehow Sammy, D6, Psychop, and the poster formerly known as Carrbombed made it to the new meeting place.  The Jaguars are not the most popular team, but it seems our board is a hit with fans of other teams.  Glad they're here.

Caldrac is my favorite poster. And I have a few other that I low key enjoy as well.

The one guy that was defending Bortles and telling us we didn’t deserve such a good qb and all that. He also said he had inside information about the Jets trading for Bortles.

I forgot his name but he was short lived.

(12-08-2020, 02:01 AM)JagFanatic24 Wrote: Caldrac is my favorite poster. And I have a few other that I low key enjoy as well.

The one guy that was defending Bortles and telling us we didn’t deserve such a good qb and all that. He also said he had inside information about the Jets trading for Bortles.

I believe he had UCF in his screenname? Or Knights?  Can't recall
My fellow southpaw Mark Brunell will probably always be my favorite Jaguar.

(11-30-2020, 05:45 AM)KodiakJag Wrote:
(11-12-2020, 10:14 AM)Mikey Wrote: Some whose presence is missed (or they've renamed and avoided doxxing themselves):

Bjorn (of course)

Do you mean Bjorn Touraque?  If so, I remember that dude.  He posted some funny stuff every so often.

(11-24-2020, 09:16 AM)hb1148 Wrote: Jags02 passed away early part of this year. I got a chance to meet both him and dakota (and Fargin) all three were fine folks. Another name that doesn't get mentioned much is Jagrams, I met her at a Jags game around 2013 or so I think. Haven't seen her on the forum in years. She was a mod for a period of time on the old forum IIRC.

I'm sorry to hear that Jags02 passed away.  I remember that he was great at keeping us updated on our cap situation.  I also remember when he lost a bet with someone and had to eat a hotdog with tomato toppings.  Good guy, and he will be missed but remembered.

the bet he lost was to me.

snowwolf titans owner in madden.

note titans owner means im undeafted againest them. 

The Mad Dog was pretty much right in every aspect when he critiqued the Jags

Alfie was pretty much wrong in every aspect when he faithfully thought every move by Shaq and then Gene Smith was genius level.

That reminds me, what about that Dan Marino guy? I think his screen name was DM13. I remember thinking he was TMD's alter ego.

(11-30-2020, 07:18 PM)anonymous2112 Wrote:
(11-30-2020, 11:09 AM)NYC4jags Wrote: I follow Minorcan on twitter. She pops up in Jag related stuff from time to time. 

Was Carly the Wisconsin fan who called the Russell Wilson pick?

Yep, Carly nailed the Russell Wilson pick.  I think she actually wound up at Wisconsin as a student, but hey, it wasn't like I was stalking her.  That was DragonFury's job (He actually joked about it).

Any time the board had deeper, more nuanced discussions about the intricacies of the game, she'd show up and drop some truth bombs.  "OMG the coach/QB/owner/GM sux!" type posts weren't her style.

I think I had Carly followed on Twitter for a good while. If I remember right she ended up actually persuing sportswriting out west.

(12-08-2020, 05:52 PM)mikesez Wrote:
(12-08-2020, 02:01 AM)JagFanatic24 Wrote: Caldrac is my favorite poster. And I have a few other that I low key enjoy as well.

Yes I think so. That guy went off the deep end about ol Blake Bottles. I won’t ever forget he said he had inside info about the Jets trading for him in like Week 4 or something. And the Thursday night massacre when Bradley was asked about a QB change at halftime. We were getting killed 28-0 and Bottles had like 26 yards passing at halftime. The Titans put their JV team out there in the 2nd half and Bottles finished with 331 yards passing and 3 TDs or something like that....

That was when Mr UCF guy started saying we don’t deserve such a great QB and look at how many points our defense gives up and blah blah blah.

I think it was actually Blake posting.

(12-17-2020, 01:23 PM)JagFanatic24 Wrote:
(12-08-2020, 05:52 PM)mikesez Wrote: I believe he had UCF in his screenname? Or Knights?  Can't recall

Yes I think so. That guy went off the deep end about ol Blake Bottles. I won’t ever forget he said he had inside info about the Jets trading for him in like Week 4 or something. And the Thursday night massacre when Bradley was asked about a QB change at halftime. We were getting killed 28-0 and Bottles had like 26 yards passing at halftime. The Titans put their JV team out there in the 2nd half and Bottles finished with 331 yards passing and 3 TDs or something like that....

That was when Mr UCF guy started saying we don’t deserve such a great QB and look at how many points our defense gives up and blah blah blah.

I remember that guy now. We were calling him Mrs. Bortles. Yeah, what a maroon.

(This post was last modified: 12-17-2020, 03:22 PM by RicoTx.)

(12-17-2020, 01:26 PM)homebiscuit Wrote:
(12-17-2020, 01:23 PM)JagFanatic24 Wrote: Yes I think so. That guy went off the deep end about ol Blake Bottles. I won’t ever forget he said he had inside info about the Jets trading for him in like Week 4 or something. And the Thursday night massacre when Bradley was asked about a QB change at halftime. We were getting killed 28-0 and Bottles had like 26 yards passing at halftime. The Titans put their JV team out there in the 2nd half and Bottles finished with 331 yards passing and 3 TDs or something like that....

The other thing that I remember about him was that he claimed that he had a 'good friend' that was a sports agent that gave him all of this supposed inside info.  Or that he was a sports agent...it's all muddled now.
[Image: IMG-1452.jpg]

(12-17-2020, 01:26 PM)I’m homebiscuit Wrote:
(12-17-2020, 01:23 PM)JagFanatic24 Wrote: Yes I think so. That guy went off the deep end about ol Blake Bottles. I won’t ever forget he said he had inside info about the Jets trading for him in like Week 4 or something. And the Thursday night massacre when Bradley was asked about a QB change at halftime. We were getting killed 28-0 and Bottles had like 26 yards passing at halftime. The Titans put their JV team out there in the 2nd half and Bottles finished with 331 yards passing and 3 TDs or something like that....

That’s weird.  I’m fairly confident what jagfan24 decried was Leopold3759482)

(12-08-2020, 05:52 PM)mikesez Wrote:

Haha.

Yeah, that guy was a trip. 

He claimed Blake's agent was his neighbor or in-law or some [BLEEP].  Also claimed to be tight with George O'Leary and a few UCF players. Flamed out pretty badly. Likely lurking the broncos board now.

RE: Caldrac
I think I ticked him off over some covid talk or something we disagreed about and he kinda peaced out.
Hope he comes back around.
Obviously, I never wanted to chase anyone like Caldrac off the board. But hey, it takes thick skin around here sometimes.

(This post was last modified: 12-23-2020, 06:37 AM by hailtoyourvictor.)

I'm not sure if anyone remembers me but I signed up in 2002 when I was 13 years old. I'm 32 now. My name here from 2002-2012 was something else. "brian****"

I live in Wisconsin, from Michigan, and get "how are you a Jaguars fan?" a lot. We took a family vacation to Florida in 1995 and the Jags were new and the talk for the town. I loved their colors and logo. My dad bought my a football down there thinking it would pass. A few months later they signed me up for something called the "Cool Cats Club" which was a Jaguars newsletter for kids.

No one I knew cared about that Jaguars and the ones that did still didn't know enough to have good conversations with. That's what brought me to the jaguars.com message board.

I've still never been to a game in Jacksonville. My first Jags game ever was in 2004 @ Lambeau. Jagrams (I believe) use to organize away game tailgates and invited me to it. I remember getting to meet Jack Del Rio's parents.

(12-23-2020, 06:33 AM)hailtoyourvictor Wrote: I'm not sure if anyone remembers me but I signed up in 2002 when I was 13 years old. I'm 32 now. My name here from 2002-2012 was something else. "brian****"

I live in Wisconsin, from Michigan, and get "how are you a Jaguars fan?" a lot. We took a family vacation to Florida in 1995 and the Jags were new and the talk for the town. I loved their colors and logo. My dad bought my a football down there thinking it would pass. A few months later they signed me up for something called the "Cool Cats Club" which was a Jaguars newsletter for kids.

No one I knew cared about that Jaguars and the ones that did still didn't know enough to have good conversations with. That's what brought me to the jaguars.com message board.

I've still never been to a game in Jacksonville. My first Jags game ever was in 2004 @ Lambeau. Jagrams (I believe) use to organize away game tailgates and invited me to it. I remember getting to meet Jack Del Rio's parents.

Jagrams was awesome. Hopefully you can make it down to Jax one day.
I'm condescending. That means I talk down to you.