Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
COVID-19

(01-26-2021, 07:34 PM)lastonealive Wrote: Well when the team is based in London I guess that makes you a guest?

Feel free to offer your opinions during those periods, don't think the average Brit is as snowflakey as some posters here.  Don't like Boris? Go ahead. Diverse views from everywhere is to be encouraged and learned from.

I don't think anyone here hates on a specific country or their people because of a few posters here and how they act.. I'm pretty sure it's quite the opposite.. Just don't act like a tampon and you won't get called out..
[Image: SaKG4.gif]

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(This post was last modified: 01-26-2021, 07:47 PM by StroudCrowd1.)

Things were going so well with Trump and vaccine production and distribution. Seems like everything just froze when the new admin came in.

(01-26-2021, 08:55 AM)flsprtsgod Wrote:
(01-26-2021, 08:47 AM)Sneakers Wrote: You really are over-the-top paranoid about government control, relative to mask safety.  There are, or have been, mandates/guidelines in almost every country around the globe.  Did ALL of these different forms of government, suddenly and simultaneously, join a worldwide conspiracy?

It's been a hundred years of progressive tyranny, nothing sudden about it. Every crisis is another opportunity.

Are you saying the governments of Germany and Italy are more tyrannical than they were eighty years ago?

California and Colorado have legalized marijuana, but also imposed mask mandates.  Is government tyranny increasing or decreasing in those states?
When you get into the endzone, act like you've been there before.

You are very polite 'hosts' as long as us 'guests' agree with everything from the ultra right wing perspective and leave facts and reason at the door.

(01-26-2021, 07:54 PM)lastonealive Wrote: You are very polite 'hosts' as long as us 'guests' agree with everything from the ultra right wing perspective and leave facts and reason at the door.

You're being a tampon..

(This post was last modified: 01-26-2021, 08:00 PM by Jags.)

(01-26-2021, 07:34 PM)lastonealive Wrote: Well when the team is based in London I guess that makes you a guest?

Feel free to offer your opinions during those periods, don't think the average Brit is as snowflakey as some posters here.  Don't like Boris? Go ahead. Diverse views from everywhere is to be encouraged and learned from.

I won’t post if they play in London if that makes you feel better. Not sure why it counts since it’s an American Football team giving you guys entertainment.  But I’ll most gladly shut the [BLEEP] up on London games in exchange for the out of country peop to shut the [BLEEP] up about our politics. Do we have an accord?

(01-26-2021, 07:36 PM)WingerDinger Wrote:
(01-26-2021, 07:21 PM)Jags Wrote: Thank you kind sir!  

I just don’t get it. Way back when..I worked in an office setting.  Some English chick calls me up that worked customer service for said company.  She needed a claim adjusted.  This was in 2001 or 2002. Either way, September 11th was still fresh.  As I’m working on it and we’re just shooting the [BLEEP], she’s bashing the US.  Long story short, I told her I adjusted the claim and for her to go [BLEEP] herself. If she didn’t like our land of the free, then go back home.  And that I was planning to light many fireworks celebrating our independence from her country in a few months.  HR needs to see me, go figure. I got off the hook unscathed.  But that [BLEEP] is why I run my own business.  Much rather earn my money and sweat my [BLEEP] off for myself than deal with that PC [BLEEP]

That's the American Dream dude..

Loving every minute of it too!

(01-26-2021, 08:00 PM)Jags Wrote:

I won’t post if they play in London if that makes you feel better. Not sure why it counts since it’s an American Football team giving you guys entertainment.  But I’ll most gladly shut the [BLEEP] up on London games in exchange for the out of country peop to shut the [BLEEP] up about our politics. Do we have an accord?
Why so angry? 
Feel sorry for you if you can't enjoy any other foreign sports or stuff like the Olympics and world cups with other nations competing. 
Maybe you should be more polite to the British for keeping a team viable in Jacksonville? By making up the huge revenue shortfall.

(01-26-2021, 08:06 PM)lastonealive Wrote:
(01-26-2021, 08:00 PM)Jags Wrote: I won’t post if they play in London if that makes you feel better. Not sure why it counts since it’s an American Football team giving you guys entertainment.  But I’ll most gladly shut the [BLEEP] up on London games in exchange for the out of country peop to shut the [BLEEP] up about our politics. Do we have an accord?
Why so angry? 
Feel sorry for you if you can't enjoy any other foreign sports or stuff like the Olympics and world cups with other nations competing. 
Maybe you should be more polite to the British for keeping a team viable in Jacksonville? By making up the huge revenue shortfall.

Or maybe the team could not suck and there would be no need to have a game in London
Original Season Ticket Holder - Retired  1995 - 2020

At some point you just have to let go of what you thought should happen and live in what is happening.

(01-26-2021, 08:12 PM)copycat Wrote:
(01-26-2021, 08:06 PM)lastonealive Wrote: Why so angry? 

Or maybe the team could not suck and there would be no need to have a game in London

Might not be any London games for the next couple of years..

(01-26-2021, 08:06 PM)lastonealive Wrote:
(01-26-2021, 08:00 PM)Jags Wrote: I won’t post if they play in London if that makes you feel better. Not sure why it counts since it’s an American Football team giving you guys entertainment.  But I’ll most gladly shut the [BLEEP] up on London games in exchange for the out of country peop to shut the [BLEEP] up about our politics. Do we have an accord?
Why so angry? 

Didn’t realize I was angry.  Unless using “wordy dirds” in your area means angry.  I do enjoy sport! Especially olympics and even more especially women’s beach volleyball!!!Wink! If the jags can’t make it happen without your “help” then so be it.  I’ll keep on doing my thing.  Something tells me, we don’t need it as much as you want us to.

(01-26-2021, 08:12 PM)copycat Wrote:
(01-26-2021, 08:06 PM)lastonealive Wrote: Why so angry? 

Well lucky for you that you still have a choice whether to buy or not but tickets due to those idiot foreigners paying to watch a foreign sport.

(01-26-2021, 08:17 PM)lastonealive Wrote:
(01-26-2021, 08:12 PM)copycat Wrote: Or maybe the team could not suck and there would be no need to have a game in London

Well lucky for you that you still have a choice whether to buy or not but tickets due to those idiot foreigners paying to watch a foreign sport.

I hope you have an amazing 4th of July this year! That’s our middle finger to you.  God bless!

(01-26-2021, 08:12 PM)copycat Wrote: Or maybe the team could not suck and there would be no need to have a game in London

Don't be so hard on yourself.

(01-26-2021, 08:24 PM)Jags Wrote:
(01-26-2021, 08:17 PM)lastonealive Wrote: Well lucky for you that you still have a choice whether to buy or not but tickets due to those idiot foreigners paying to watch a foreign sport.

I hope you have an amazing 4th of July this year! That’s our middle finger to you.  God bless!

Lots of countries like to celebrate the day they became independent of Britain happy to join any if they have good food.

Interestingly support for Australia to become a republic is at its lowest levels for years after people have seen Trumpism.

(This post was last modified: 01-26-2021, 08:44 PM by Jags.)

(01-26-2021, 08:32 PM)lastonealive Wrote:
(01-26-2021, 08:24 PM)Jags Wrote: I hope you have an amazing 4th of July this year! That’s our middle finger to you.  God bless!

Lots of countries like to celebrate the day they became independent of Britain happy to join any if they have good food.

Interestingly support for Australia to become a republic is at its lowest levels for years after people have seen Trumpism.

Cool, man!  

Oh, and if you’re ever over here on the 4th while I’m grilling, I’ll let you eat a wiener!!  It’s the hospitable thing to do!

(01-26-2021, 08:42 PM)Jags Wrote:
(01-26-2021, 08:32 PM)lastonealive Wrote: Lots of countries like to celebrate the day they became independent of Britain happy to join any if they have good food.

Cool, man!  

Oh, and if you’re ever over here on the 4th while I’m grilling, I’ll let you eat a wiener!!  It’s the hospitable thing to do!

[Image: 144.jpg]

(01-26-2021, 07:53 PM)Sneakers Wrote:
(01-26-2021, 08:55 AM)flsprtsgod Wrote: It's been a hundred years of progressive tyranny, nothing sudden about it. Every crisis is another opportunity.

Are you saying the governments of Germany and Italy are more tyrannical than they were eighty years ago?

California and Colorado have legalized marijuana, but also imposed mask mandates.  Is government tyranny increasing or decreasing in those states?

It depends on the agenda of those in office. 

I don't know about CA but marijuana being legalized in CO is destroying the state and the people. It's now having a serious meth problem. I have family out there in two cities and a small town with family friends in similar locations. The things we hear from them is sad and scary. My mom's best friend's daughter got caught up in marijuana and is now a full on meth head. Lost custody of her kids. She's just one person. 

I'd say the tyranny is coming from both angles.

(01-27-2021, 12:21 AM)americus 2.0 Wrote:
(01-26-2021, 07:53 PM)Sneakers Wrote: Are you saying the governments of Germany and Italy are more tyrannical than they were eighty years ago?

It depends on the agenda of those in office. 

I don't know about CA but marijuana being legalized in CO is destroying the state and the people. It's now having a serious meth problem. I have family out there in two cities and a small town with family friends in similar locations. The things we hear from them is sad and scary. My mom's best friend's daughter got caught up in marijuana and is now a full on meth head. Lost custody of her kids. She's just one person. 

I know many, many people who smoke weed and they never go to anything harder. They just stick with their bud. Weed is only a gateway drug to the weak minded. You have to be pretty messed up to want to put battery acid, anhydrous ammonia (farm fertilizer) and drain cleaner in your body. That's just three of the ingredients in meth.

Guess what, I have the same choice wherever they play.
Original Season Ticket Holder - Retired  1995 - 2020

At some point you just have to let go of what you thought should happen and live in what is happening.

(01-27-2021, 01:03 AM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote:
(01-27-2021, 12:21 AM)americus 2.0 Wrote: It depends on the agenda of those in office. 

I know many, many people who smoke weed and they never go to anything harder. They just stick with their bud. Weed is only a gateway drug to the weak minded. You have to be pretty messed up to want to put battery acid, anhydrous ammonia (farm fertilizer) and drain cleaner in your body. That's just three of the ingredients in meth.

Have you looked around lately? There are plenty of weak minded people in this country. I know folks who stuck with weed and they're fine. I know others who started with weed then went the way of meth or prescription drugs. A handful of them are dead, including a family member. Also, the drug pushers saw how much they could make on pot so they upped the ante with meth. 

And the tyranny I speak of isn't just getting people hooked on pot or meth, it's everything else the legalization of pot has brought to the state. The Russian mob has taken up residence, skyrocketing real estate prices, drug houses in typical suburban neighborhoods, county employees who now have to suit up in hazmat suits to pick up garbage bags tossed out of vehicles full of trash that contain meth related paraphernalia, cattle ranchers losing outbuildings in pastures that are on a rotating schedule to people who come in and use them as meth labs and the ranchers find out long after the meth heads are gone. 

Not to mention the influx of people who move there for the pot with no real plan for a job, or they find out the job they thought they had (say a trucking company or UPS) doesn't allow drivers to smoke. So now you have a bunch of unemployed and/or underemployed people living off the state and federal government or are homeless. 

I could go on.