Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Jags and Free Agency

(03-15-2021, 04:51 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: Huge move for the Chargers and Herbert

https://twitter.com/MikeGarafolo/status/...82736?s=19

They know protecting the QB is priority #1. They didn't really have the ammo to get it done last year, but they are making an effort to protect him now. They are probably a lock to take a LT at #13 as well.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(03-15-2021, 03:36 PM)Upper Wrote: We're reeling in the big fish now boys.

https://twitter.com/MikeGarafolo/status/...2453708800

Just a reminder.  Jimmy Smith was signed as a KR/WR.

There are 10 kinds of people in this world.  Those who understand binary and those who don't.

(This post was last modified: 03-15-2021, 06:04 PM by TheO-LineMatters.)

(03-15-2021, 05:52 PM)Bullseye Wrote: Per NFLN...former Jaguars DE Yannick Ngakoue about to sign with Las Vegas Raiders.

LOL. Good luck with that headcase. I can't wait to see what they pay for him.

(03-15-2021, 05:55 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote:
(03-15-2021, 05:52 PM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote: That might be a lock now.

So with all our other needs, if we don't get a FS in FA Moehrig is a lock?  Dude must be a damn good player, lol.  Which I think he is!

(03-15-2021, 05:52 PM)Bullseye Wrote: Per NFLN...former Jaguars DE Yannick Ngakoue about to sign with Las Vegas Raiders.

Reunited with Bradley

Considering we need 2 starting Safeties, I can't imagine the team making Safety a low priority. There's nothing really good left in free agency, so it's a logical assumption that they would target the supposed top Safety in the draft. I would be surprised if we got to pick #45 and we haven't selected a Safety. I'm not advocating taking a Safety that high, it's just a gut feeling I have.

(03-15-2021, 05:55 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote:
(03-15-2021, 05:52 PM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote: That might be a lock now.

So with all our other needs, if we don't get a FS in FA Moehrig is a lock?  Dude must be a damn good player, lol.  Which I think he is!

Or our front office is stupid and inexperienced. I'm strongly leaning toward that from the evidence we've seen since Meyer's hire.

(03-15-2021, 06:03 PM)Upper Wrote:
(03-15-2021, 05:55 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: So with all our other needs, if we don't get a FS in FA Moehrig is a lock?  Dude must be a damn good player, lol.  Which I think he is!

Or our front office is stupid and inexperienced. I'm strongly leaning toward that from the evidence we've seen since Meyer's hire.

If we go into the season with Robinson and Taylor as our starting OT's, I totally agree.

(This post was last modified: 03-15-2021, 06:11 PM by flgatorsandjags.)

(03-15-2021, 06:03 PM)Upper Wrote:
(03-15-2021, 05:55 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: So with all our other needs, if we don't get a FS in FA Moehrig is a lock?  Dude must be a damn good player, lol.  Which I think he is!

Stupid would be reaching for one of these tackles at 25 that wouldn't beat out Cam.  Drafting one of the best defensive players in the draft would be a great start for the 21 draft

We need to sign Neal and draft Moehrig, unless Barmore or Collins falls which is highly unlikely

Not getting either John Johnson or Jonnu Smith are the biggest disappointments by far. Johnson was the best safety available by a big margin. Both Hooker and Neal are risky picks due to injury, but the Jaguars may take a chance on one of them. The only tight end left worth taking is Henry. If they don't get him they may be forced to reach for someone in the draft even if they aren't the BAP. Everitt drops too many passes and is very over-rated.

(03-15-2021, 06:14 PM)jaglou53 Wrote: Not getting either John Johnson or Jonnu Smith are the biggest disappointments by far. Johnson was the best safety available by a big margin. Both Hooker and Neal are risky picks due to injury, but the Jaguars may take a chance on one of them. The only tight end left worth taking is Henry. If they don't get him they may be forced to reach for someone in the draft even if they aren't the BAP. Everitt drops too many passes and is very over-rated.

Trent Williams is still available as well

(This post was last modified: 03-15-2021, 06:19 PM by D6.)

(03-15-2021, 03:49 PM)jjah34 Wrote: I know only a few hours into “free agency” but already feel like we will not be the off season champs this year! Looking forward to see what happens in the next couple days. 

Hoping we target Everett, Tartt, Mack, Bowser, Peterson (possible move to S i.e Woodson), Hooker, Samuel.

It definitely looks like Gerald Everett is moving on from the LA Rams:

https://twitter.com/JourdanRodrigue/stat...06208?s=20

(03-15-2021, 06:16 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote:
(03-15-2021, 06:14 PM)jaglou53 Wrote: Not getting either John Johnson or Jonnu Smith are the biggest disappointments by far. Johnson was the best safety available by a big margin. Both Hooker and Neal are risky picks due to injury, but the Jaguars may take a chance on one of them. The only tight end left worth taking is Henry. If they don't get him they may be forced to reach for someone in the draft even if they aren't the BAP. Everitt drops too many passes and is very over-rated.

Trent Williams is still available as well

That's true. As long as Cam has not signed his tag, the Jaguars can offer him a huge deal. Maybe that's why they haven't made any high-priced signings today.

We need SS, FS, CB, DL and OL and we pay a Kick Returner. Jesus i dont know where to begin man.

I might be alone here but I'd be very happy with a Patrick Peterson signing.

Smoot re-signed.
[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSIM9bZmkezB9B4qD2qAtT...IGQHCZIPuA]

(This post was last modified: 03-15-2021, 06:33 PM by flgatorsandjags.)

Man, good players left but it has been a poor FA start to say the least for a team who led the league in cap space

Rudy Ford 2 years 4.5 mil

Roy Robertson Harris 3 years 24mil

Jamal Agnew

Who are these bums?
Your beliefs become your thoughts,
Your thoughts become your words,
Your words become your actions,
Your actions become your habits,
Your habits become your values,
Your values become your destiny.

(03-15-2021, 06:29 PM)Dimson Wrote: Smoot re-signed.

2 years - $14 million. I'd like them to offer a similar deal to Sidney Jones.

Signed for 2 year 26mil...lol
Your beliefs become your thoughts,
Your thoughts become your words,
Your words become your actions,
Your actions become your habits,
Your habits become your values,
Your values become your destiny.

(This post was last modified: 03-15-2021, 06:38 PM by flgatorsandjags.)

(03-15-2021, 06:36 PM)JaG4LyFe Wrote:

Signed for 2 year 26mil...lol

Dude makes less and less each year lol. We were willing to over pay him and he got greedy and way over valued himself. He is now on his 4th team in 2 years lol

(This post was last modified: 03-15-2021, 06:39 PM by StroudCrowd1.)

(03-15-2021, 06:33 PM)JaG4LyFe Wrote: Rudy Ford 2 years 4.5 mil

Roy Robertson Harris 3 years 24mil

Jamal Agnew

Who are these bums?

[Image: download.jpg]

I realize Yannick is financially set for life, but he has to be kicking himself right now.

(03-15-2021, 06:10 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote:
(03-15-2021, 06:03 PM)Upper Wrote: Or our front office is stupid and inexperienced. I'm strongly leaning toward that from the evidence we've seen since Meyer's hire.

Stupid would be reaching for one of these tackles at 25 that wouldn't beat out Cam.  Drafting one of the best defensive players in the draft would be a great start for the 21 draft

We need to sign Neal and draft Moehrig, unless Barmore or Collins falls which is highly unlikely

I just can't wrap my head around how you really think that using our second most valuable asset to draft a player we hope becomes elite is better than using a small fraction of the enormous amount of cap space we have to sign a young already elite player at the same position and then using that extremely valuable draft asset on another player that could also become elite.

You should really consider investing in an online logic 101 course. It could probably help you with many other facets of life also.