Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
So where do we go in the first round/draft plan?

(This post was last modified: 04-08-2021, 07:23 PM by flgatorsandjags.)

Pff as well

https://www.pff.com/nfl/players/tyreek-hill/10799

(04-08-2021, 07:19 PM)Eric1 Wrote:
(04-08-2021, 07:17 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: As does nfl.com and wiki.  5'10"

my previous comment still applies.. he's 5'8

Were you at the combine?   I guess every reputable site is wrong.  You are trying very hard lol.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(This post was last modified: 04-08-2021, 07:28 PM by Eric1.)

Again, I'll go by the actual draft measurables and not some listed number on a site.

(04-08-2021, 07:20 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: Pff as well

(04-08-2021, 07:19 PM)Eric1 Wrote: my previous comment still applies.. he's 5'8

Were you at the combine?   I guess every reputable site is wrong.  You are trying very hard lol.

Says the guy searching multiple sites and posting them.

He wasn't even invited to the combine, it was at his pro day.

(This post was last modified: 04-08-2021, 08:05 PM by TheO-LineMatters.)

(04-08-2021, 07:07 PM)Eric1 Wrote:
(04-08-2021, 06:27 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: If the 2 inches doesnt matter why has there never been a good 5'7" WR in the league?

I think both players will be good but will they be the best player we can get at those spots?  Thats what matters.  Their size is a huge question mark imo with our early picks and who will be available

Tyreek Hill is 5'8 and he's pretty good I'd say.. If he was 1 inch shorter do you really think that'd change his game?

Everything I have seen on the internet including the chiefs website, list Hill as 5'10". I've seen him interviewed next to guys 6' tall he's a lot taller than 5'8". He looks average size, aka 5'10".

Here is Demarcus Robinson 6'1", Mecole Hardman 5'10" and Tyreek Hill. Hill and Hardman look the exact same size. If Hardman were 2 inches taller than Hill, it would be noticeable. 

[Image: https%3A%2F%2Farrowheadaddict.com%2Fwp-c...28157.jpeg]

Here is another one of just Hardman and Hill

[Image: 1200948400.jpg.0.jpg]

(This post was last modified: 04-08-2021, 08:03 PM by flgatorsandjags.)

(04-08-2021, 07:24 PM)Eric1 Wrote: Again, I'll go by the actual draft measurables and not some listed number on a site.

(04-08-2021, 07:20 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: Pff as well

Were you at the pro day? If a WR was 5'5" would you draft him early like you would Moore? I'm sure the Chiefs organization, the NFL, wiki, and pff know how tall he is over some bump site you're looking at

(04-08-2021, 08:01 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote:
(04-08-2021, 07:24 PM)Eric1 Wrote: Again, I'll go by the actual draft measurables and not some listed number on a site.

Were you at the pro day?  If a WR was 5'5" would you draft him early like you would Moore?  I'm sure the Chiefs organization, the NFL, wiki, and pff know how tall he is over some bump site you're looking at

So you think his school is making up his draft measurements? They're on wiki btw.

The point is 2 inches isn't going to change his style of play.

(04-08-2021, 07:55 PM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote:
(04-08-2021, 07:07 PM)Eric1 Wrote: Tyreek Hill is 5'8 and he's pretty good I'd say.. If he was 1 inch shorter do you really think that'd change his game?

Everything I have seen on the internet including the chiefs website, list Hill as 5'10". I've seen him interviewed next to guys 6' tall he's a lot taller than 5'8". He looks average size, aka 5'10".

Here is Demarcus Robinson 6'1", Mecole Hardman 5'10" and Tyreek Hill. Hill and Hardman look the exact same size. If Hardman were 2 inches taller than Hill, it would be noticeable. 

I mean, sure looks like Hardman has a couple on him here..

[Image: AP20224569903862-e1597165485206.jpg?w=1280]

(04-08-2021, 08:28 PM)Eric1 Wrote:
(04-08-2021, 07:55 PM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote: Everything I have seen on the internet including the chiefs website, list Hill as 5'10". I've seen him interviewed next to guys 6' tall he's a lot taller than 5'8". He looks average size, aka 5'10".

I mean, sure looks like Hardman has a couple on him here..

Huh? They look the exact same size. I almost used that picture myself.

(04-08-2021, 08:32 PM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote:
(04-08-2021, 08:28 PM)Eric1 Wrote: I mean, sure looks like Hardman has a couple on him here..

Huh? They look the exact same size. I almost used that picture myself.

They are not the same size lol... If you think those two men standing straight up, back to back are the same height then I dunno what to tell you. There's not a chance.

(04-08-2021, 08:34 PM)Eric1 Wrote:
(04-08-2021, 08:32 PM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote: Huh? They look the exact same size. I almost used that picture myself.

They are not the same size lol... If you think those two men standing straight up, back to back are the same height then I dunno what to tell you. There's not a chance.

Would you draft a 5'5" WR in the first or 2nd?

(04-08-2021, 08:42 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote:
(04-08-2021, 08:34 PM)Eric1 Wrote: They are not the same size lol... If you think those two men standing straight up, back to back are the same height then I dunno what to tell you. There's not a chance.

I'd have to see him play first and see his skill set.

The point is, you aren't drafting Rondale to be a 50/50 jump ball WR. You're drafting him to use him similar to how Hill is used. In space and let him run by people. Him being so strong is just an added bonus as well. 

1 - 2 inches isn't going to change Hills style of play and it wouldn't change Rondale's either.

(This post was last modified: 04-08-2021, 09:22 PM by Bullseye.)

(04-08-2021, 08:06 AM)Mikey Wrote:
(04-07-2021, 09:28 AM)The Real Marty Wrote: Etienne is a very explosive running back who would get 15-20 touches a game, as opposed to Carlos Hyde.

You could say the same about a guy like Trey Sermon, Gainwell, and many others, and they aren't going at 25.

Etienne may be value today. My first rounders are picked with the vision of 2 and 3 years from now. If there's a quality tackle on the board, I am taking the tackle every single time. JRob just proved that you can get quality play from RB either late in a darft or even after all the picks have been made.

I think Etienne would end up starting over Robinson.  He's bigger, more explosive, and a better receiver.  I also think he would help make Lawrence more comfortable because he knows he is a reliable receiver, and TL utilized Etienne quite a bit as a receiver out of the backfield on check downs/dump offs.

But I agree there are other positions that should take priority over RB in the first round, and I'm not one of those who believe RB should never be taken in the first.

(04-08-2021, 08:13 AM)Mikey Wrote:
(04-07-2021, 09:02 PM)Bullseye Wrote: He would be an unpopular pick, at least until he hit the field.

For me right now, the worst possible pick would be Rousseau.

the worst plausible pick to me would be JOK, I just don't see him fitting in a 3-4 unless we play him at safety.

JOK is a good player, but like you said, he is a bad fit in a 3-4, unless you convert him to S.  Though there are numerous people who have successfully converted to S from LBm I am not inclined to make such a risky investment at 25 or 33.

Worst to 1st.  Curse Reversed!

(04-08-2021, 03:41 PM)Eric1 Wrote:
(04-08-2021, 08:37 AM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: Some on here want Rondale Moore and JOK, would likely be the 2 smallest players in the league at their positions.  I know those guys are fast but I don't want a team that will get bullied.  If we drafted one of those guys in the 3rd or 4th I'd be good but not so early with the talent that will be available

I also think sometimes people forget the RBs we have in this division.

Don't you want/like Elijah Moore? He's only 5'9 178.. Rondale is 5'7 180. Rondale is also more explosive, faster and stronger than Elijah is. So if you think Rondale is gonna get bullied in the NFL, you must also think Elijah is going to get bullied. 

Also what about Smith? He admitted he only weighs 170, and that's probably being generous considering he refused to weigh in at Bama's pro day. No where near as fast as either of the Moores and lighter than them, so he'll probably be bullied even harder right?

I haven't actually sat down and compiled the information, but it sure seems like a lot of WRs in this class are of really slight build.

Worst to 1st.  Curse Reversed!

(04-08-2021, 09:18 PM)Bullseye Wrote:
(04-08-2021, 08:06 AM)Mikey Wrote: You could say the same about a guy like Trey Sermon, Gainwell, and many others, and they aren't going at 25.

Etienne may be value today. My first rounders are picked with the vision of 2 and 3 years from now. If there's a quality tackle on the board, I am taking the tackle every single time. JRob just proved that you can get quality play from RB either late in a darft or even after all the picks have been made.

I think Etienne would end up starting over Robinson.  He's bigger, more explosive, and a better receiver.  I also think he would help make Lawrence more comfortable because he knows he is a reliable receiver, and TL utilized Etienne quite a bit as a receiver out of the backfield on check downs/dump offs.

But I agree there are other positions that should take priority over RB in the first round, and I'm not one of those who believe RB should never be taken in the first.

(04-08-2021, 08:13 AM)Mikey Wrote: the worst plausible pick to me would be JOK, I just don't see him fitting in a 3-4 unless we play him at safety.

JOK is a good player, but like you said, he is a bad fit in a 3-4, unless you convert him to S.  Though there are numerous people who have successfully converted to S from LBm I am not inclined to make such a risky investment at 25 or 33.
Agreed, I think he's a really good player as well but the only way I would take him that early is if I'm a 4-3 team and needed a WLB.

I couldn’t care less how tall these players are. If they can ball, they can ball.

Sproles was 5ft 6. He could still play.

Not liking Moore because he just so happens to be 5ft 7 is ludicrous. The NFL is more spread out than ever so when you give Moore the ball in space, he will make plays.

Rondale also had absurd jumps. His catch radius is significantly larger than his stature would suggest, which is just as useful as pure height in someone who can't jump out of the gym.

(04-08-2021, 09:18 PM)Bullseye Wrote:
(04-08-2021, 08:06 AM)Mikey Wrote: You could say the same about a guy like Trey Sermon, Gainwell, and many others, and they aren't going at 25.

(04-08-2021, 08:13 AM)Mikey Wrote: the worst plausible pick to me would be JOK, I just don't see him fitting in a 3-4 unless we play him at safety.

I totally agree. IMO, his best fit is as a WLB in a 4-3 scheme. I think he has potential to be a very good NFL player, but it has to be a system fit. I just don't think he would excel as an NFL Safety. When I watch him, I see a LB. He has good coverage skills and has excellent athleticism and instincts, but his smallish frame just doesn't fit in a 3-4 scheme. Put him in a 4-3 and watch him shine.

You guys want Moore, I want Toney in space

(04-08-2021, 11:48 PM)Black and Teal Wrote: You guys want Moore, I want Toney in space

Give me Terrace Marshall or Dyami Brown.

(This post was last modified: 04-09-2021, 07:53 AM by Mikey.)

(04-08-2021, 04:13 PM)Eric1 Wrote:
(04-08-2021, 04:08 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: Can you tell me what great WRs have there ever been at 5'7"?

You can say the same thing for guys that are 5'9, or that weigh less than 170 pounds, but that isn't going to stop somebody from drafting Smith in the 1st round or Elijah in the 2nd/3rd round now is it?

I will be more than happy to watch several somebodies draft those guys early. As long as it ain't us.

Remember Trindon Holliday? How bout Gerald "The Ice Cube" McNeil? brief (at best careers, best described as a flash in the pan). Look at the guys who have excelled in spite of height, most were closer to 5'9, and at WR few were under 185 (reported). Guys like Steve Smith, Welker, even DJax.

(04-08-2021, 04:26 PM)JagFanFirst Wrote: Changed my mind on Eitienne. I'd like to get Treven Moehrig at Safety.   We need a good safety, and he's the best player at his position.

Unless he is a clone of Ed Reed, I think that is super early to take an FS. Seattle just traded two firsts for Adams, how did that help them this postseason? Think Russ would like to have one of the OT in this darft instead?

(This post was last modified: 04-09-2021, 08:04 AM by Mikey.)

(04-08-2021, 07:07 PM)Eric1 Wrote:
(04-08-2021, 06:27 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: If the 2 inches doesnt matter why has there never been a good 5'7" WR in the league?

I think both players will be good but will they be the best player we can get at those spots?  Thats what matters.  Their size is a huge question mark imo with our early picks and who will be available

Tyreek Hill is 5'8 and he's pretty good I'd say.. If he was 1 inch shorter do you really think that'd change his game?

165th overall pick in the 2016 NFL draft. Here's a funny, though. His Wiki lists him at 5-10 185, but in the article, his pre-draft measurables have him 5801. Guess the chefs have been feeding him Miracle-Gro.

I think the initial premise was "save the gadget players for later rounds". We could learn a thing or two from KC's drafting. We have bigger needs on this team than a diminutive receiver.

(04-08-2021, 08:42 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote:
(04-08-2021, 08:34 PM)Eric1 Wrote: They are not the same size lol... If you think those two men standing straight up, back to back are the same height then I dunno what to tell you. There's not a chance.

...If I somehow got access to make a pick on behalf of the horseshoes or tacks? Damn skippy.