Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Tim Tebow- Jags new TE (merged)

(This post was last modified: 05-28-2021, 12:11 PM by flgatorsandjags.)

(05-28-2021, 12:01 PM)Cleatwood Wrote:
(05-28-2021, 11:58 AM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: Lol, the only reason he didn't sign with the Jags before is because he picked the Jets over the Jags and he admitted he made a mistake on that choice
Except that Tebow didn't choose the Jets.... He was traded to them.

"Ultimately, I really didn't have any because the Broncos had all that power," Tebow said, adding that Denver was "gracious" in the way it handled the process. "I was just kind of watching and waiting -- kind of like everybody else. It was an interesting day."
Do you not remember, it was well known he picked the Jets over Jags

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/7718...ource-says

"Jets vs. Jaguars: What If Tebow Had Picked Jacksonville?" https://syndication.bleacherreport.com/a...e.amp.html

"Jaguars owner: Tim Tebow didn't want to come to Jacksonville - Sports - The Florida Times-Union - Jacksonville, FL" https://www.jacksonville.com/article/201...ate=ampart

I can't believe you don't remember that, Tim even has admitted it was a mistake

"I think this is like any negotiation," Khan said. "Our offer kept increasing. ... Obviously we were serious

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

The best words Dave Caldwell ever said....

...Even if he's released.

(05-28-2021, 12:07 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote:
(05-28-2021, 12:01 PM)Cleatwood Wrote: Except that Tebow didn't choose the Jets.... He was traded to them.

"Ultimately, I really didn't have any because the Broncos had all that power," Tebow said, adding that Denver was "gracious" in the way it handled the process. "I was just kind of watching and waiting -- kind of like everybody else. It was an interesting day."
Do you not remember, it was well known he picked the Jets over Jags

"Jets vs. Jaguars: What If Tebow Had Picked Jacksonville?" https://syndication.bleacherreport.com/a...e.amp.html

"Jaguars owner: Tim Tebow didn't want to come to Jacksonville - Sports - The Florida Times-Union - Jacksonville, FL" https://www.jacksonville.com/article/201...ate=ampart

"I think this is like any negotiation," Khan said. "Our offer kept increasing. ... Obviously we were serious

At the time I thought he'd made the right call. Mark Sanchez was on life support and was obviously going to flame out. I think Tebow was hoping to re-light the fire of taking over and doing it with an offense that had been geared for him as a backup.

Jacksonville had just taken Plain Garbage, and it was not a good situation to try and come in and compete with a quarterback just being given his first chance to develop.

(05-28-2021, 12:16 PM)Race Bannon Wrote:
(05-28-2021, 12:07 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: Do you not remember, it was well known he picked the Jets over Jags

At the time I thought he'd made the right call.  Mark Sanchez was on life support and was obviously going to flame out.  I think Tebow was hoping to re-light the fire of taking over and doing it with an offense that had been geared for him as a backup.

Jacksonville had just taken Plain Garbage, and it was not a good situation to try and come in and compete with a quarterback just being given his first chance to develop.
Ryan all but guaranteed Tebow the starting spot then pretty much used him.  At the time Gabbert, the worst QB in the league was our QB and we had the best RB in the league.  The option with Tebow and MJD would of been nasty

(This post was last modified: 05-28-2021, 12:22 PM by TrivialPursuit.)

(05-28-2021, 12:19 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote:
(05-28-2021, 12:16 PM)Race Bannon Wrote: At the time I thought he'd made the right call.  Mark Sanchez was on life support and was obviously going to flame out.  I think Tebow was hoping to re-light the fire of taking over and doing it with an offense that had been geared for him as a backup.

Ryan all but guaranteed Tebow the starting spot then pretty much used him.  At the time Gabbert, the worst QB in the league was our QB and we had the best RB in the league.  The option with Tebow and MJD would of been nasty

Even at his worst, Blaine Gabbert was better than Tebow. I'm sorry your blind devotion to that man is so extreme.

Wanna know how we know that to be fact? He's still in the NFL.... and he didn't have to switch positions to do it in some desperate attempt to stay relevant.

I guess this makes JJ Watt an NFL TE. Doesnt drop any

Gabbert, Bortles, Minshew, Beathard and even Luton>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Tebow
All TEs in the league>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Tebow
"Treyvon Wallet is elite run defender and better overall than Aidan Hutchinson" 11/11/23

(05-28-2021, 11:41 AM)Race Bannon Wrote:
(05-28-2021, 10:06 AM)Dimson Wrote: Stop with this whole Taysom Hill 2.0 nonsense. If he makes the team, it will be as a TE, that is it. No one holds a roster spot for a 5th TE just to have him run on short yardage. If he makers the team he will have to be one of 4 TEs to make the 53 man roster.

You're onto something, but you're not quite right.  I say the things below as a calm recap of what a lot of people are talking past each other about in this thread.

1.  Urban has in mind using Tebow as a gadget-back (H) in short yardage. Urban has only said he doesn't know yet how he might be used if he makes the team.  He said it was too soon to know. You are espousing someone else's opinion to Meyer as if it were his own. 
2.  That is the same thing Bellichick and Payton wanted Tebow for.  They are smart coaches. And it failed for one of them while the other employed a different gadget QB instead. 
3.  That is what Tebow is good at. Remains to be seen. He was good at it in college. 
4.  It's near-impossible to justify a spot on the 53 man roster just for that role. 
5.  The player in question (whether Taysom or Tebow) needs to competently hold down another position on the 53 roster to make it worth it.
6.  In the past, Tebow's roster position for this situation was backup QB.  He did not demonstrate enough value there to make it worth the gadget thing.
7.  Now it will be TE that is the roster spot.
8.  To make it worth it, Tebow will have be competent enough to be a plausible TE backup.
9.  Tebow will not play well enough in traditional TE plays to be out there enough -- the Jags other tight ends can do that better, as could other TE's that Jax could bring in. This could realistically be the nail in the coffin for Tim's roster spot. A TE acquisition.
10.  Tebow will need to play well enough that it's not obvious every time he's on the field what he is going to do.
11.  Tebow will need to block well enough that it's not "immediate death blow, lose game" to play him.  He'll never be that good, but he could achieve minimal competence.
12.  Ultimately, Tebow will need to play a position well enough to hold down a roster spot, BUT THE REASON he would be on the team would be for special teams (punt protector) and plays where he is running the ball (whether it's from an H back formation, what have you).

Agreed on most points. 
Red indicates anything otherwise (or just addendum.)

(This post was last modified: 05-28-2021, 12:34 PM by WingerDinger.)

My ultimate question about Tebow is his route running.. That's my only hangup with him. Can he effectively run a TE route?
[Image: SaKG4.gif]

(05-27-2021, 06:11 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote:
(05-27-2021, 06:08 PM)RicoTx Wrote: Actually, you need to see my edited post.  Whining won't happen.  It's past that now.
He won't make the team unless he is one of the top 53.  Meyer is here for 1 thing, and that is to win.

Both of those statements are speculative. Given the fact that no other TE on the market was given a workout already casts doubt as to whether making the team is based entirely on on-field performance and not weighted by any friendship the coach and player had before Urbz took the job.

(05-28-2021, 12:24 PM)iHaunting Raven Wrote: Gabbert, Bortles, Minshew, Beathard and even Luton>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Tebow

Lol if you think Gabbert could of brought that 1-4  Denver team to a playoff spot and win in the playoffs

(05-28-2021, 12:34 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote:
(05-28-2021, 12:24 PM)iHaunting Raven Wrote: Gabbert, Bortles, Minshew, Beathard and even Luton>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Tebow

Lol if you think Gabbert could of brought that 1-4  Denver team to a playoff spot and win in the playoffs

That's why the other teams were all clamoring for him to be their starting QB.

My God man... it's getting pathetic.

(This post was last modified: 05-28-2021, 12:40 PM by flgatorsandjags.)

(05-28-2021, 12:33 PM)WingerDinger Wrote: My ultimate question about Tebow is his route running.. That's my only hangup with him. Can he effectively run a TE route?

That's mine as well

(05-28-2021, 12:35 PM)TrivialPursuit Wrote:
(05-28-2021, 12:34 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: Lol if you think Gabbert could of brought that 1-4  Denver team to a playoff spot and win in the playoffs

That's why the other teams were all clamoring for him to be their starting QB.

My God man... it's getting pathetic.
Its well known they didn't want the circus.  

"Tim Tebow's media circus not worth it, AFC coach says" https://www.nfl.com/_amp/tim-tebow-s-med...0000168270

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/nfl--tim-te...40389.html

Though Tebow's not to blame, clubs apparently feel the QB's not worth the accompanying circus.

(05-28-2021, 12:34 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote:

You realize that during those wins, the Denver defense held the other team to 15 or less in 5 of the 7 wins? Or that Tebow only passed for more than 200 yards once? Tebow had 69 passing yards in a win against the Chiefs.... and 104 in a win against the Jets.

You are so delusional when it comes to Tebow that having a genuine conversation about him is impossible.

(This post was last modified: 05-28-2021, 12:43 PM by flgatorsandjags.)

(05-28-2021, 12:41 PM)Cleatwood Wrote:
(05-28-2021, 12:34 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: Lol if you think Gabbert could of brought that 1-4  Denver team to a playoff spot and win in the playoffs
You realize that during those wins, the Denver defense held the other team to 15 or less in 5 of the 7 wins? Or that Tebow only passed for more than 200 yards once? Tebow had 69 passing yards in a win against the Chiefs.... and 104 in a win against the Jets.

You are so delusional when it comes to Tebow that having a genuine conversation about him is impossible.
Why do you leave out the had the number 1 rushing offense?  Not to mention his leadership.  He led the league that year in comebacks as well. Some leaders can even uplift the other side of the ball

(05-28-2021, 12:42 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote:
(05-28-2021, 12:41 PM)Cleatwood Wrote: You realize that during those wins, the Denver defense held the other team to 15 or less in 5 of the 7 wins? Or that Tebow only passed for more than 200 yards once? Tebow had 69 passing yards in a win against the Chiefs.... and 104 in a win against the Jets.

Why do you leave out the had the number 1 rushing offense?  Not to mention his leadership.  He led the league that year in comebacks as well.  Some leaders can even uplift the other side of the ball
He led them in comebacks because he was so bad for 3 quarters and the defense kept them alive.....

Again. There's no reason in continuing these conversations with you because you're delusional when it comes to Tebow. You clearly have a bias and refuse to use basic logic.

(05-28-2021, 12:46 PM)Cleatwood Wrote:
(05-28-2021, 12:42 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: Why do you leave out the had the number 1 rushing offense?  Not to mention his leadership.  He led the league that year in comebacks as well.  Some leaders can even uplift the other side of the ball
He led them in comebacks because he was so bad for 3 quarters and the defense kept them alive.....

Again. There's no reason in continuing these conversations with you because you're delusional when it comes to Tebow. You clearly have a bias and refuse to use basic logic.
He did it when it mattered the most.

(05-28-2021, 10:23 AM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: That's how much he hates to lose.  You will be the one crying if he makes that team.  If he wasn't talented buddies with the coach he wouldn't be getting a chance out of the 90.  He impressed the scouts enough to get a chance so let's see if he is good enough to make the 53, it remains to be seen

FTFY

Are you seriously alleging that our scouts were the only ones in the league that were tracking him and/or saw the value in bringing him in?

Had we hired Nick Saban instead of Urbz, do you honestly think that the scouts would have made a convincing argument to even give him a workout?

This is "In Gene We Trust" blind loyalty all over again.

Why do folks have to cry if he makes the team? Can they just be apathetic? When was the last time anyone fretted over a backup TE making the team?

A question for the Tebow haters. If he makes the team will he have any designed plays and will he take a snap week 1?

(05-28-2021, 10:39 AM)flsprtsgod Wrote:
(05-28-2021, 10:37 AM)TrivialPursuit Wrote: Sigh.

Okay. The 34 year old slow lumbering guy who honestly isn't very smart converting to a position where he's expected to learn route trees, blocking assignments and then use all of that in the moment against NFL players that are bigger, stronger, faster, younger, tougher and have actually played their position their entire life... he impressed our scouts.

It's time to fire them all.

Weren't they let go at draft time?

@More proof that Urbz is the smartest guy in the room@