Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Jaguars coaching candidates? (merged coaching threads)

(01-08-2021, 12:54 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote:
(01-08-2021, 12:49 PM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote: I am holding out hope that we still do. We haven't interviewed Arthur Smith yet either, but supposedly we were trying to set up a meeting with him. Maybe some of these guys are so focused on the playoffs that they are just waiting for some time to open up in their schedule and they are staying in contact with the team to make that happen. At least that is what I hope.
Chargers are the favorite to land Daboll.  Daboll and Joe Brady are 2 that we haven't interviewed yet that I really hope we do

Laughing Laughing Laughing
"Treyvon Wallet is elite run defender and better overall than Aidan Hutchinson" 11/11/23

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(This post was last modified: 12-05-2021, 10:54 PM by flgatorsandjags. Edited 2 times in total.)

(12-05-2021, 10:33 PM)iHaunting Raven Wrote:
(01-08-2021, 12:54 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: Chargers are the favorite to land Daboll.  Daboll and Joe Brady are 2 that we haven't interviewed yet that I really hope we do

Ok, the 2 I wanted to interview that we haven't.  I'd like to get Brady here but at QB coach or OC, not a head coach.  I want a head coach with NFL experience.  Daboll is the guy I wanted and still do, I just quoted you who I want. Some Brady is their top guy but not mine.   I'm not sure what you are looking for here lol.

(This post was last modified: 12-05-2021, 11:04 PM by flgatorsandjags.)

(12-05-2021, 10:33 PM)iHaunting Raven Wrote:
(01-08-2021, 12:54 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: Chargers are the favorite to land Daboll.  Daboll and Joe Brady are 2 that we haven't interviewed yet that I really hope we do

Go look at the Bills vs Chiefs game thread and I explain a little why I want Daboll.  If you want me to dig up threads about Why I question Brady and his lack of NFL experience I can do that too.  You try soooooo hard lmao

(12-05-2021, 11:03 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote:
(12-05-2021, 10:33 PM)iHaunting Raven Wrote: Laughing Laughing Laughing

Go look at the Bills vs Chiefs game thread and I explain a little why I want Daboll.  If you want me to dig up threads about Why I question Brady and his lack of NFL experience I can do that too.  You try soooooo hard lmao

Me trying so hard to do what? I wouldn't have said anything if you didn't post "A few want him as a coach, no thank you. But QB coach I would be very happy with, maybe OC" when clearly you were one of the people wanted him as a HC. And since you love to call people out with their past posts, if you didn't do that I wouldn't do it to you.

Keep denying it though, you are fooling no one.

"Treyvon Wallet is elite run defender and better overall than Aidan Hutchinson" 11/11/23

(12-05-2021, 11:03 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote:
(12-05-2021, 10:33 PM)iHaunting Raven Wrote: Laughing Laughing Laughing

Pot. Meet kettle.

(This post was last modified: 12-07-2021, 07:16 AM by flgatorsandjags. Edited 2 times in total.)

(12-06-2021, 12:18 PM)iHaunting Raven Wrote:
(12-05-2021, 11:03 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: Go look at the Bills vs Chiefs game thread and I explain a little why I want Daboll.  If you want me to dig up threads about Why I question Brady and his lack of NFL experience I can do that too.  You try soooooo hard lmao

Me trying so hard to do what? I wouldn't have said anything if you didn't post "A few want him as a coach, no thank you. But QB coach I would be very happy with, maybe OC" when clearly you were one of the people wanted him as a HC. And since you love to call people out with their past posts, if you didn't do that I wouldn't do it to you.

There is only a few I bring up old posts on at times, those post the ones argue with you over and over, it's the one that bring up the old post, you can bring up old post all you want but you look dumb though when I just show you multiple posts of  who I want.  There is like 2 or 3 of them that do it , Cleatwood is one .  But Ive posted for you the guy I want as our coach as much as you like to ignore it.

(12-07-2021, 07:12 AM)flgatorsandjags Wrote:
(12-06-2021, 12:18 PM)iHaunting Raven Wrote: Me trying so hard to do what? I wouldn't have said anything if you didn't post "A few want him as a coach, no thank you. But QB coach I would be very happy with, maybe OC" when clearly you were one of the people wanted him as a HC. And since you love to call people out with their past posts, if you didn't do that I wouldn't do it to you.

There is only a few I bring up old posts on at times, those post the ones argue with you over and over, it's the one that bring up the old post, you can bring up old post all you want but you look dumb though when I just show you multiple posts of  who I want.  There is like 2 or 3 of them that do it , Cleatwood is one .  But Ive posted for you the guy I want as our coach as much as you like to ignore it.
So he looks dumb for bringing up old posts but when you do it, it's smart?

Interesting take on a Tuesday!

(12-07-2021, 09:31 AM)Cleatwood Wrote:

Well, duh, of course.
[Image: IMG-1452.jpg]

Every time we have an opening at head coach we hear the reports that the Khans are enamored with the Patriots/Belichick way. If we move on from Urban (not holding my breath), I would expect Josh McDaniels and Brian Daboll to be the top targets.

(This post was last modified: 12-07-2021, 11:10 AM by flgatorsandjags. Edited 2 times in total.)

(12-07-2021, 09:31 AM)Cleatwood Wrote:

When he's trying to argue with me as who I want as our next coach and I've posted it for him yes.  Look at the Bills vs Chiefs thread in the NFL section and I explain who and why a little bit, and in other posts as well.  I've thought about and have listed a number of coached but it says why Daboll is my guy by far.  Me and you have actually discussed my concerns about Brady's lack of NFL experience, you don't remember that?  It wasn't that long ago

Josh McDaniels is probably my 2nd guy right now

(12-07-2021, 11:00 AM)flgatorsandjags Wrote:
(12-07-2021, 09:31 AM)Cleatwood Wrote: So he looks dumb for bringing up old posts but when you do it, it's smart?

When he's trying to argue with me as who I want as our next coach and I've posted it for him yes.  Look at the Bills vs Chiefs thread in the NFL section and I explain who and why a little bit, and in other posts as well.  I've thought about and have listed a number of coached but it says why Daboll is my guy by far.  Me and you have actually discussed my concerns about Brady's lack of NFL experience, you don't remember that?  It wasn't that long ago

Your point is irrelevant.

You're calling him dumb for bringing up old takes and yet you said you like to do it for certain posters (me included for whatever reason). This would make you.... a hypocrite.

(12-07-2021, 11:15 AM)Cleatwood Wrote:
(12-07-2021, 11:00 AM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: When he's trying to argue with me as who I want as our next coach and I've posted it for him yes.  Look at the Bills vs Chiefs thread in the NFL section and I explain who and why a little bit, and in other posts as well.  I've thought about and have listed a number of coached but it says why Daboll is my guy by far.  Me and you have actually discussed my concerns about Brady's lack of NFL experience, you don't remember that?  It wasn't that long ago

Your point is irrelevant.

You're calling him dumb for bringing up old takes and yet you said you like to do it for certain posters (me included for whatever reason). This would make you.... a hypocrite.
C'mon man, I know you can read better than that.  I said "you can bring up old post all you want but you look dumb though when I just show you multiple posts of  who I want". If we are talking about what coaches we want you would think he would bring up the post where I say " my guy by far" when talking about Daboll and all the other posts I showed him on Daboll.  

(12-07-2021, 11:25 AM)flgatorsandjags Wrote:
(12-07-2021, 11:15 AM)Cleatwood Wrote: Your point is irrelevant.

C'mon man, I know you can read better than that.  I said "you can bring up old post all you want but you look dumb though when I just show you multiple posts of  who I want". If we are talking about what coaches we want you would think he would bring up the post where I say " my guy by far" when talking about Daboll and all the other posts I showed him on Daboll.  
And you don't think this is the case for a lot of the "old takes" you bring up?

You're just upset that someone is doing it to you when you continually do it to others. But by all means, continue doing you and I'm sure Raven will continue bringing your posts up as well.

(This post was last modified: 12-07-2021, 12:13 PM by flgatorsandjags. Edited 2 times in total.)

(12-07-2021, 11:35 AM)Cleatwood Wrote:
(12-07-2021, 11:25 AM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: C'mon man, I know you can read better than that.  I said "you can bring up old post all you want but you look dumb though when I just show you multiple posts of  who I want". If we are talking about what coaches we want you would think he would bring up the post where I say " my guy by far" when talking about Daboll and all the other posts I showed him on Daboll.  
And you don't think this is the case for a lot of the "old takes" you bring up?

You're just upset that someone is doing it to you when you continually do it to others. But by all means, continue doing you and I'm sure Raven will continue bringing your posts up as well.

Why would I be upset when he brings up old posts lol, it's fun to look back, just make them accurate.  I'm not gonna sit here and say Daboll or McDaniels is who you want because Brady is your top guy, that wouldn't make any sense and just lie.  Continually do it to others?  What's the last old post I brought up? The last old post brought up  I think it was you with Carr trying to say he isn't any good and he's 2nd in passing after losing his coach and top WR.  But it's only a couple Ive brought up old posts from and I've hurt Ravens feelings a few times and I know yours are still hurt from the DK Metcalf discussion and from the Carr thread  after you brought up that old post lol

Would you go after Mike Zimmer if he is fired by the Vikings ?

Colin Cowherd just said that he got texts from two NFL execs on Sunday who described the Jags under Meyer as embarrassing.

(12-07-2021, 01:05 PM)MikePete54 Wrote: Would you go after Mike Zimmer if he is fired by the Vikings ?

No, because Cullen is doing just fine at DC.

(12-07-2021, 01:36 PM)staropramen Wrote: Colin Cowherd just said that he got texts from two NFL execs on Sunday who described the Jags under Meyer as embarrassing.

Abject humiliation.
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

Lets just fully embrace Khans incompetence and make Gus HC again.

(12-07-2021, 01:36 PM)staropramen Wrote: Colin Cowherd just said that he got texts from two NFL execs on Sunday who described the Jags under Meyer as embarrassing.

Because they are lol