Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Head Coach Candidates (Merged Threads)

Marrone form the Bronx. Bisaccia from Yonkers. Those silver tongued old school New Yorkers must have a way with Khan.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Rich Bisaccia is the next Bruce Arians.

Book it.com
Book it.yeah
Book em Danno

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
[Image: 4SXW6gC.png]

"What do I know of cultured ways, the gilt, the craft and the lie? I, who was born in a naked land and bred in the open sky. The subtle tongue, the sophist guile, they fail when the broadswords sing; Rush in and die, dogs - I was a man before I was a king."

You know the only thing that could be a worse kick in the nuts would be Boselli missing out on the hall because of franchise spill over.

Damn it we just can't have good things.
The Khan Years

Patience, Persistence, and Piss Poor General Managers.

(02-03-2022, 10:06 PM)Cleatwood Wrote:
(02-03-2022, 10:04 PM)Newton Wrote: I agree. This is not a bad hire at all. The more you look at what he did last year and what his players said about him, the more you realize he may actually be a great fit for what we need. We need to coach who can handle controversy. We need to coach who does not back away when the challenge gets tough. We wanted someone with experience. Well, he has experience, even made it to the playoffs in one try.
Sorry dude.

If this is indeed the hire, it’s atrocious. You wanna build around Trevor and yet this is the guy you think is going to do that? Dude is 61 already with no OC experience and basically no HC experience. 

It’ll likely go down as one of the worst HC hires in league history.

If they actually hire a Special Teams coach to build around Trevor then LOL. Wait, who am I kidding, that's exactly something this clown show would do.

(This post was last modified: 02-03-2022, 10:34 PM by MoJagFan. Edited 1 time in total.)

Hello my name is Kevin and I'm a Jaguars fan. It has been 4 years since our last winning season. I use to look forward to the offseason because that was when we win.
The Khan Years

Patience, Persistence, and Piss Poor General Managers.

(02-03-2022, 09:29 PM)tomfin2022 Wrote: Career suicide for Bicassia, and the guy doesn’t deserve that. I hope he has enough intestinal fortitude to turn the job down.

He's been a coach for like 40 year already and this is the first time he's ever sniffed a HC job. If he is offered it he better cannonball into the room to sign the papers.

Also, how in the hell are people already trying to talk themselves into Bruschetta being a good pick already. Seriously.

(02-03-2022, 10:54 PM)Upper Wrote:
(02-03-2022, 09:29 PM)tomfin2022 Wrote: Career suicide for Bicassia, and the guy doesn’t deserve that.  I hope he has enough intestinal fortitude to turn the job down.

He's been a coach for like 40 year already and this is the first time he's ever sniffed a HC job. If he is offered it he better cannonball into the room to sign the papers.

Also, how in the hell are people already trying to talk themselves into Bruschetta being a good pick already. Seriously.

If he does end up being the hire, it reeks of when Baalke hired Jim Tomsula in 2015. An ugly and pathetic season that ended up in a 1 and done. I see the same happening here with us starting all over again the following season.

Why would Spielman sign up for a Jags job if the head coach that’s chosen is Biscatti’s?

https://twitter.com/AdamSchefter/status/...1979618308
"Treyvon Wallet is elite run defender and better overall than Aidan Hutchinson" 11/11/23

So, Doug Pederson it is.

(02-03-2022, 04:14 PM)JaggedSioux Wrote:
(02-03-2022, 02:56 PM)Firesky Wrote: In the first half, with the bad picks by Trevor aside (poor decisions imho) the offense as a whole looked better. The bigger problem was the Defense allowing 4 TD's on the Pats first 4 drives and the game was out of reach before halftime. The truth doesn't mesh with you looking at a box score

Oops.

Are you out of touch with how playcalling in the NFL works? Methinks so. Let me break it down for you.

Every coach has input on the gameplan and initial script. After the first 10 or so plays the game gets handed over to the coordinator/play caller and they adapt and pick the play that works for each situation. Bevell did a poor job of that, Schotty did a better job although not completely satisfactory.

Offense under Bevell looks anemic, and can't stay on the field. Offense under Schotty ACTUALLY MOVED THE BALL AND LOOKED BALANCED, CREATIVE, AND COMPETENT!!!!  This happened with Schotty calling the plays, obviously all coaches have an input on the game plan. But when Bevell removed himself from the equation we improved. The common denominator was Bevells involvement and a direct correlation between how involved he was and the success of the offense. So we just suddenly started calling more misdirection plays and got creative magically? NO that happened after Bev gave up playcalling, use the eyetest!!!

"And Trevor said himself that he worked well with Bev, so I'll take his word over yours." .... Until he's not he's his coach, why would Trevor defame him or speak honestly if they may have to still work together? It's like when Shad asks a candidate if they'll work with Baalke as Baalke is sitting in the room. Also the results speak for themselves, nothing about our offense (sans the close of the season) "worked well" so i'll trust my eyes over Trevor's quote or your condescending opinion.
In the post before this, you said the offense, with Schotty calling plays, broke down in the Pats game because Trevor had some rookie moments. What do you think Bev encountered all season? Rookie moments, along with dropped balls, illtimed drive-killing penalties and the Urban factor.

And the misdirection plays were part of Bev's offense. He designed it, with imput from Schotty.

I know blaming the OC is the knee-jerk thing to do. Every fanbase does it. But you have to remember that this year was about taking the training wheels off of Trevor. And keeping jim upright. You might disagree, but I think this was an eye-opening year of learning for Trevor. He started a whopping 17 games and finished them all. You might opine differently, but I think Trevor is sincere when bringing up his admiration for Bev -- and Schotty. I'd speculate that there was some bad cop/good cop going in behind closed doors ... who do you think his safe harbor was, telling him to keep his chin up?

Then why did the creative playcalls and misdirection calls only surface in the finale of the season? If it's part of Bev's offense why didn't he actually call those plays (which are supposedly in his own playbook/offense) in the games he was the playcaller for?!? Yes Bevell dealt with Trevor making poor decisions (those were my exact words; not being a rookie). And speaking of being a rookie, Bill Belichick Defenses have an incredible record against rookie QB's ... lets not pretend like Bevell would've done any better because no matter who was in charge that day, could've been peak Bill Walsh and we'd have still gotten shellacked, with Bev in charge ... I'd argue we get shut out and that includes garbage time. The Colts game with Schotty having full reign of playcalling is the best our offense has performed. period, there's no argument against that objective truth.

I do believe you that Trevor may hold his offensive coaches in high regard, especially as people. But the results speak for themselves and we weren't good on Offense and it stems from a poorly built offense; Bevell did little to cater to Trevor's strengths and really foster his development; I do agree Trevor learned a lot and that's what the year was about in addition to keeping him healthy, but he could've learned so much more and so much less painfully if i'm being honest. That said, Schotty wasn't all that much better but it was definitely an improvement, look at the last week and look at all the other weeks in the season, Bevell deserves more than the fair share of blame and accountability for the failures on offense; when he removed himself from the equation we got BETTER!!!..... that's the long and short of it. I don't want either Bev or Schotty back I think both are re-treat/burnt out coaches who the game has passed by.
Championship Formula:

1) Draft Trevor Lawrence!
2) Play good physical Defense! 
3) Keep 91% of the roster healthy!
4) ???
5) Blank #2
6) CHAMPIONSHIP!!!

(02-02-2022, 10:55 PM)JaggedSioux Wrote:
(02-02-2022, 10:52 PM)iHaunting Raven Wrote: No, it wasn't.
Showed minimal progress.
Someone has to fix all the stupid stuff Bevell did to this offense.

Bevell O's rankings lately:

2017 #15 with R. Wilson
2019 #17 With Stafford
2020 #20 With Stafford
2021 #27 with Trevor

The guy sucks, you can sing all you want but he is not getting another HC job, probably not even another OC job in the NFL either.
You will be proven wrong. On second thought, I hope you are right and he's the Jags head coach for the next 10 years.

[Image: giphy.gif]

[Image: giphy.gif]

Bye bye Kylie, Morgan or Hailey or whatever!
"Treyvon Wallet is elite run defender and better overall than Aidan Hutchinson" 11/11/23

JaggedSioux aka MS. Bevell is crying in a corner right now.
[Image: mvp.avia8a99974486b2b89.md.png]

(This post was last modified: 02-04-2022, 01:13 AM by JaggedSioux.)

(02-04-2022, 12:29 AM)Firesky Wrote:
(02-03-2022, 04:14 PM)JaggedSioux Wrote: In the post before this, you said the offense, with Schotty calling plays, broke down in the Pats game because Trevor had some rookie moments. What do you think Bev encountered all season? Rookie moments, along with dropped balls, illtimed drive-killing penalties and the Urban factor.

And the misdirection plays were part of Bev's offense. He designed it, with imput from Schotty.

I know blaming the OC is the knee-jerk thing to do. Every fanbase does it. But you have to remember that this year was about taking the training wheels off of Trevor. And keeping jim upright. You might disagree, but I think this was an eye-opening year of learning for Trevor. He started a whopping 17 games and finished them all. You might opine differently, but I think Trevor is sincere when bringing up his admiration for Bev -- and Schotty. I'd speculate that there was some bad cop/good cop going in behind closed doors ... who do you think his safe harbor was, telling him to keep his chin up?

Then why did the creative playcalls and misdirection calls only surface in the finale of the season? If it's part of Bev's offense why didn't he actually call those plays (which are supposedly in his own playbook/offense) in the games he was the playcaller for?!? Yes Bevell dealt with Trevor making poor decisions (those were my exact words; not being a rookie). And speaking of being a rookie, Bill Belichick Defenses have an incredible record against rookie QB's ... lets not pretend like Bevell would've done any better because no matter who was in charge that day, could've been peak Bill Walsh and we'd have still gotten shellacked, with Bev in charge ... I'd argue we get shut out and that includes garbage time. The Colts game with Schotty having full reign of playcalling is the best our offense has performed. period, there's no argument against that objective truth.

I do believe you that Trevor may hold his offensive coaches in high regard, especially as people. But the results speak for themselves and we weren't good on Offense and it stems from a poorly built offense; Bevell did little to cater to Trevor's strengths and really foster his development; I do agree Trevor learned a lot and that's what the year was about in addition to keeping him healthy, but he could've learned so much more and so much less painfully if i'm being honest. That said, Schotty wasn't all that much better but it was definitely an improvement, look at the last week and look at all the other weeks in the season, Bevell deserves more than the fair share of blame and accountability for the failures on offense; when he removed himself from the equation we got BETTER!!!..... that's the long and short of it. I don't want either Bev or Schotty back I think both are re-treat/burnt out coaches who the game has passed by.
The point is the Jags and Trevor were mire prepared as a team with both Bev and Schotty in charge. We arguably won the Jets game, so a 3-game improvement over the previous year with a rookie signal caller and a toxic environment was quite an improvement.
The burnt-out aspect of your analysis is yotal fabrication, by the way.

(02-04-2022, 01:09 AM)jaguarmvp Wrote: JaggedSioux aka MS. Bevell is crying in a corner right now.

Na. I actually like Pederson. He's from the Andy Reid tree and used to work with Brad Childress, another coach I liked.

(02-03-2022, 06:21 PM)jaglyn Wrote:
(02-03-2022, 06:06 PM)scottyg Wrote: The clown masks might be a permanent part of the landscape now regardless of what goes down now anyway.  Because it's just fun to dress up as a clown, right?  Unless you're afraid of clowns.  Or old like me.

If the Jags can't get out of this rut, that Clown image is going to be Shad's legacy here, overshadowing anything else positive he's done. Kinda sad to think about

Before this hiring debacle I wasn't really in favor of throwing the shade at Khan, but since the Colts game he's done everything he could to shatter my goodwill.

I hope he proves everyone wrong, and Baalke, Pederson and staff get us back to winning.

I just wish he didn't give us ulcers along the way. Wink

(02-03-2022, 06:41 PM)Caldrac Wrote: Leftwich went from being the darling of duval per the media to now withdrawing his name from the running for it. Amazing.

Regardless of your views of Leftwich or any of these candidates. Regardless of your views with Khan as a business man or how some of the fans have behaved on here or out in public?

So far? Not a good look for Khan as an owner. Which is saying a lot. How many of us have said "this is rock bottom right?" or "can't possibly get any lower can it?".

41 - 113. Back-to-back number one overall picks. The Meyer carousel. Baalke being universally panned yet still being held onto by ownership. This is outrageously bad. I feel like the show is just getting started to be honest. Can't wait for free agency and the combine and the draft.

Keeping bags of popcorn ready. Good god what a [BLEEP] show this has turned out to be.

"How to [BLEEP] it all up" - By Shahid Khan

My curiosity is how FA looks. Do players avoid the franchise, or does the new hire cure all ills?
Will Baalke be able to bring in decent scouts, personnel types if the outward appearance is he's on thin ice? (Is he?) If we also land Spielman, does that iron out a few of the wrinkles made over the past two weeks?

Time will certainly tell.

(This post was last modified: 02-04-2022, 09:37 AM by Mikey.)

(02-03-2022, 09:41 PM)Newton Wrote: It’s a tough project. I do think hiring someone who has the guts and willingness to take that on is important. It’s not going to be easy sledding. However, he handled a lot of controversy this past season in Oakland, and still guided his team to the playoffs despite all the odds. Maybe just maybe, it turns out he is what we need.

just quoting this as an example, but looking back on the past 12 hours of this thread are pretty funny.

One speculative tweet was enough to induce Stockholm Syndrome.

(02-03-2022, 09:47 PM)jaguarmvp Wrote:
(02-03-2022, 09:37 PM)p_rushing Wrote: Gus Bradley time again.....sprinkles for everyone......can't wait

Sent from my SM-T970 using Tapatalk

Gus loved his ice cream parties

Marrone loved his bologna

Urban loved his lap dances

What will this coach love?

regret.

(02-04-2022, 01:10 AM)JaggedSioux Wrote:
(02-04-2022, 12:29 AM)Firesky Wrote: Then why did the creative playcalls and misdirection calls only surface in the finale of the season? If it's part of Bev's offense why didn't he actually call those plays (which are supposedly in his own playbook/offense) in the games he was the playcaller for?!? Yes Bevell dealt with Trevor making poor decisions (those were my exact words; not being a rookie). And speaking of being a rookie, Bill Belichick Defenses have an incredible record against rookie QB's ... lets not pretend like Bevell would've done any better because no matter who was in charge that day, could've been peak Bill Walsh and we'd have still gotten shellacked, with Bev in charge ... I'd argue we get shut out and that includes garbage time. The Colts game with Schotty having full reign of playcalling is the best our offense has performed. period, there's no argument against that objective truth.

The point is the Jags and Trevor were mire prepared as a team with both Bev and Schotty in charge. We arguably won the Jets game, so a 3-game improvement over the previous year with a rookie signal caller and a toxic environment was quite an improvement.

(02-04-2022, 01:09 AM)jaguarmvp Wrote: JaggedSioux aka MS. Bevell is crying in a corner right now.

Na. I actually like Pederson. He's from the Andy Reid tree and used to work with Brad Childress, another coach I liked.

LMAO. how is it fabrication? Bevell was at his peak as the Seattle OC. He was ousted from there for being too pass happy & unbalanced. In Detroit (even with Stafford) his team goes 3-12-1 his first year; and then 5-11 his next. He was so good as an OC that Matt Stafford wanted OUT of Detroit entirely. He's washed dude. Anyone with eyes that saw how horrific our offense was can see this. I'm starting to think you have some sort of familial relation to Bevell bc there's no other explanation why you'd be so high on a guy with a lack of results to this degree.

Ditto for Schotty, he literally replaced Bevell in Seattle and their offense immediately looked better and improved. The same thing happens again in Jacksonville and you're like "nah Bevell is better than Schotty" ... It's literally happened twice and you're blind to it. Both coaches were great once upon a time, but the game has clearly passed them by!! There is nothing to like about Bevell and only slightly more to like about Schotty.
Championship Formula:

4) ???
5) Blank #2
6) CHAMPIONSHIP!!!

(02-04-2022, 10:16 AM)Firesky Wrote:
(02-04-2022, 01:10 AM)JaggedSioux Wrote: The point is the Jags and Trevor were mire prepared as a team with both Bev and Schotty in charge. We arguably won the Jets game, so a 3-game improvement over the previous year with a rookie signal caller and a toxic environment was quite an improvement.

LMAO. how is it fabrication? Bevell was at his peak as the Seattle OC. He was ousted from there for being too pass happy & unbalanced. In Detroit (even with Stafford) his team goes 3-12-1 his first year;  and then 5-11 his next.  He was so good as an OC that Matt Stafford wanted OUT of Detroit entirely. He's washed dude. Anyone with eyes that saw how horrific our offense was can see this. I'm starting to think you have some sort of familial relation to Bevell bc there's no other explanation why you'd be so high on a guy with a lack of results to this degree.

Ditto for Schotty, he literally replaced Bevell in Seattle and their offense immediately looked better and improved. The same thing happens again in Jacksonville and you're like "nah Bevell is better than Schotty" ... It's literally happened twice and you're blind to it. Both coaches were great once upon a time, but the game has clearly passed them by!! There is nothing to like about Bevell and only slightly more to like about Schotty.
One thing that you failed to recognize is that an OC must mold his offense within the directive of the head coach. Pete Carroll is old school. He likes a strong defense with minimal turnovers on offense, i.e., fewer risks. Bevell's offenses, with a young QB, did just that and got to 2 Super Bowls.
Patricia wanted a similar approach at Detroit. When he lost interest and basically turned things over to Bev, Stafford cooked. He actually said he'd seriously consider staying with the Lions and rescind his trade request if Bev was given the head job when it opened.
Look, you're obviously just a boxscore type of guy. Your knee-jerk comments are from proof you see right in front of your nose.
But there are many layers to a good offense. Bev was tasked with molding a rookie. There were going to be struggles. But they got through it and Trevor showed progress.

(This post was last modified: 02-04-2022, 05:50 PM by Firesky. Edited 5 times in total.)

(02-04-2022, 10:32 AM)JaggedSioux Wrote:
(02-04-2022, 10:16 AM)Firesky Wrote: LMAO. how is it fabrication? Bevell was at his peak as the Seattle OC. He was ousted from there for being too pass happy & unbalanced. In Detroit (even with Stafford) his team goes 3-12-1 his first year;  and then 5-11 his next.  He was so good as an OC that Matt Stafford wanted OUT of Detroit entirely. He's washed dude. Anyone with eyes that saw how horrific our offense was can see this. I'm starting to think you have some sort of familial relation to Bevell bc there's no other explanation why you'd be so high on a guy with a lack of results to this degree.

One thing that you failed to recognize is that an OC must mold his offense within the directive of the head coach. Pete Carroll is old school. He likes a strong defense with minimal turnovers on offense, i.e., fewer risks. Bevell's offenses, with a young QB, did just that and got to 2 Super Bowls.
Patricia wanted a similar approach at Detroit. When he lost interest and basically turned things over to Bev, Stafford cooked. He actually said he'd seriously consider staying with the Lions and rescind his trade request if Bev was given the head job when it opened.
Look, you're obviously just a boxscore type of guy. Your knee-jerk comments are from proof you see right in front of your nose.
But there are many layers to a good offense. Bev was tasked with molding a rookie. There were going to be struggles. But they got through it and Trevor showed progress.

So you're saying that a HC that values running the ball, and playing mistake free to complement a good defense like Carroll. Just allowed Bev to make what is panned as the worst playcall in sb history leading to an interception on the goalline rather than handing the ball to Marshawn Lynch with 1 yard needed for a ring. Yes HC's construct the vision of the team, and the OC adapts that to personnel, Bev at every stop (Seattle, Detroit, and here) has been too pass happy [look at that superbowl loss for exhibit A] and his complete disregard for balance on offense has been his demise at every stop. Stafford came out with that praise "oh i totally would've stayed if this & that etc." AFTER he got traded. real ringing endorsement. Obviously a QB in an offense that refuses to run the ball will post gaudy stats, that's the result of being pass happy and unbalanced ... In Bev's 1st season in Detroit (doing what Patricia's vision is) they're 16th in rushing attempts ... the next season as the keys are handed to Bev they're 30th in rushing attempts. and all that "cooking" resulted in an extra 1.5 wins. The Jags aversion to the run this year is just how Bevell likes to play offense .. the evidence is there in Bevell's previous stops!! It's literally just who he is as a coach and its supported by statistical evidence!

What about my comments makes you think I just watch boxscores? What about it is knee-jerk? I have 13 games of tape/proof that Bevell was TERRIBLE as an Offensive Coordinator who lacked any semblance of balance, he wasn't much better in Detroit which is why he was here last year. Also we were literally just talking about the Patriots game and how (despite trevor's picks/bad decisons) the offense moved the ball better with Bevell less involved; that's the opposite of watching box-scores and knee jerk reactions. The mental gymnastics you have are astounding. Also you keep changing the narrative and not answer questions so I will ask again:

"If the creative playcalls, misdirection plays, and overall success we saw in the season finale were always part of Bev's offense/design and credit is due to him not Schotty calling the plays to end the season, .... then why didn't Bev call those same plays that are allegedly in his playbook during the first 13 games when he had control?!?" Even with Urban gone as he kept playcalling duties, those plays weren't called. Why did Schotty call those plays but not Bev? Answer that.

Trevor showed progress this year IN SPITE OF Bevell and the coaching staff. Either you're Bevell's burner account or you're braindead i'm not sure which.
Championship Formula:

4) ???
5) Blank #2
6) CHAMPIONSHIP!!!