Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
2022 Free Agency Wish List

(03-23-2022, 09:27 AM)Mikey Wrote:
Quote:Imagine if we had given Armstead that contract and gotten two of RRH, Jenkins, MJJ, Agnew, Griffin that signed for the 7-9M range each. We'd be a WAY better oline right now for basically the same money.

cuz that's kinda what I hear.

It's funny cause by that PFF got better scale we were second in the league behind the Pats after last years FA too.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Tyreek Hill is now on the trading block. Would not only command a large draft haul but probably close to $30M per year.

Would you fork over numero uno for Tyreek Hill?

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
[Image: 4SXW6gC.png]

"What do I know of cultured ways, the gilt, the craft and the lie? I, who was born in a naked land and bred in the open sky. The subtle tongue, the sophist guile, they fail when the broadswords sing; Rush in and die, dogs - I was a man before I was a king."

(03-22-2022, 09:40 PM)Bullseye Wrote:
(03-22-2022, 07:41 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: Armstead to the Dolphins, 5 year 75 mil.  A good price

I'm glad he didn't go to Indy.

Like we discussed in the Matt Ryan thread, it doesn't look like there's a good LT option remaining on the FA market for the 2022 season.  With the Colts not having a 1st Round Pick in 2022. 

For a QB who doesn't have much mobility, especially at this stage of his NFL career,  the Colts are in trouble.  That much more if the Jaguars use the pick # 1 draft resource on an Edge Defensive Player, who would be paired with Josh Allen.  

Matt Ryan close to become a clot (duvalpride.com)

(This post was last modified: 03-23-2022, 12:35 PM by D6.)

(03-23-2022, 11:09 AM)Caldrac Wrote: Tyreek Hill is now on the trading block. Would not only command a large draft haul but probably close to $30M per year.

Being that the Chiefs reportedly would accept similar trade compensation that the Packers received from the Raiders for WR Davonte Adams, it's safe to assume they would accept the # 1 pick from the Jaguars in a trade for Tyreek Hill.  Being that the Jets and Dolphins are the two teams that are reportedly most interested in Hill, I think the Chiefs would be thrilled if the Jets offered them pick # 4 in the 2022 Draft.  

I think that the Jaguars can handle a new super lucrative contract for Hill under the salary cap for the next few seasons, because Trevor Lawrence is only in year 2 of his rookie contract.  Hill probably would have more impact for the Jags than if they make a selection using pick # 1.  The greatest risk is that Hill has a history of domestic violence.  Even one moment of Hill losing control could prove to be disastrous for any team that trades for him. I wouldn't make the trade if in the Jags position but it's not a clear-cut decision.

It looks like the Jets and Dolphins are the only teams in play for Tyreek Hill and that a trade involving Hill is inevitable.

https://twitter.com/AdamSchefter/status/...Ah2xgJs8Hw

Hill just traded to the dolphins for a lot of draft picks

On talent alone, this trade would be more than worth it since Hill is still only 28 and one of the top 3 receivers in the NFL. Despite his immense talent, I would not make this trade for the reason that D6 alluded to. I do not trust Hill to stay out of trouble, especially after being given a lucrative contract. His incident in college (punching his pregnant girlfriend in the stomach) could generously be blamed on his youth and having a "weak moment." However, in 2019 (5 years after college incident) he was again in the news for child abuse allegations. In the audio released, he was also heard threatening his partner- the same woman he brutally attacked in college! This guy makes Deshaun Watson look like a Boy Scout and there is no way I'd trade for him. No doubt, some team will make this trade and pay him $30 million per year as well as giving up valuable draft choices. The Jets are one of the teams apparently interested.

I've never been in the camp that the Jaguars should only draft or sign free agents who are candidates for the Walter Payton award. That being said, there are many excellent players in the NFL who do not have serious character/behavior issues. As a matter of fact, I believe the vast majority of players are basically good individuals and represent their teams well in the community. The NFL is way too lenient on when it comes to consequences players face following horrible behavior- all in the name of the mighty $. I say "NO" to trading for Hill!

(03-23-2022, 11:09 AM)Caldrac Wrote: Tyreek Hill is now on the trading block. Would not only command a large draft haul but probably close to $30M per year.

never in a million years.

I wouldn't do it if he agreed to play for vet minimum.

This ain't Hill lol

https://twitter.com/AdamSchefter/status/...53B2rHVwKg

Maybe they use some of that saved salary cap to address their defense. It's an arms race in the AFC West.
[Image: giphy.gif]
The team will only go as far as the quality of the offensive line.

(This post was last modified: 04-01-2022, 09:56 PM by Bullseye. Edited 1 time in total.)

(03-23-2022, 12:18 PM)D6 Wrote:
(03-22-2022, 09:40 PM)Bullseye Wrote: I'm glad he didn't go to Indy.

Like we discussed in the Matt Ryan thread, it doesn't look like there's a good LT option remaining on the FA market for the 2022 season.  With the Colts not having a 1st Round Pick in 2022. 

For a QB who doesn't have much mobility, especially at this stage of his NFL career,  the Colts are in trouble.  That much more if the Jaguars use the pick # 1 draft resource on an Edge Defensive Player, who would be paired with Josh Allen.  

Matt Ryan close to become a clot (duvalpride.com)

Though I hate them, I have to give the Colts a decent amount of credit.  As bad a shape as they appeared to be in coming into the off season with needs at 3 premium positions, they did a pretty good job at filling two of them at least in the interim with Ryan and Ngakoue.  Now if Kwity Paye develops into the player I think he can be, the Colts will have a strong pair of edge rushers.  But I don't see Ngakoue as the long term answer for them at DE given his inability to stay with any team for any length of time even with his pass rush ability.  Likewaise, Ryan is not their long term answer at QB because of his age.  That is far more problematic for them in the long term.

That said, LT is still a major hole for them, and they aren't likely to find one in this draft at their pick.  Plus, they also need another WR.  It'll be fun beating them again, especially when our last game was such a motivating and embarrassing factor for them throughout the off season and it likely will be billed as a revenge game.

Worst to 1st.  Curse Reversed!

(This post was last modified: 04-03-2022, 09:52 AM by flgatorsandjags.)

https://twitter.com/BThomps81/status/151...0Kds3YEhOA

I'd do 33 and 65, and a few late round picks. Not giving up our 1st or next years 1st

(04-03-2022, 09:50 AM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: https://twitter.com/BThomps81/status/151...0Kds3YEhOA

I'd do 33 and 65, and a few late round picks. Not giving up our 1st or next years 1st

Give them #1, we get their #9, #40, #109, and DK.
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

(04-03-2022, 10:46 AM)flsprtsgod Wrote:
(04-03-2022, 09:50 AM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: https://twitter.com/BThomps81/status/151...0Kds3YEhOA

I'd do #1 for #9 and Metcalf.

(This post was last modified: 04-03-2022, 10:56 AM by flgatorsandjags.)

(04-03-2022, 10:46 AM)flsprtsgod Wrote:

I'd do that but I don't see them doing that

(04-03-2022, 10:48 AM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote:
(04-03-2022, 10:46 AM)flsprtsgod Wrote: Give them #1, we get their #9, #40, #109, and DK.

I'd do #1 for #9 and Metcalf.

They wouldn't do that

(This post was last modified: 04-03-2022, 02:21 PM by I am Yoda. Edited 1 time in total.)

Yeah. Most of the trades the mock draft sites accept would not happen in RL.

But Seattle is right to expect a #1 as part of the compensation for Metcalf. After what Adams and Hill brought in? He's worth at least a #1 and change. I don't know if he's worth the #1 overall, though. Maybe if we traded down in the 1st with someone else first, then leveraged that pick as part of a package. Or maybe fixing WR1 for the next 6-8 years is worth the #1 overall?
[Image: giphy.gif]
The team will only go as far as the quality of the offensive line.

(04-03-2022, 02:21 PM)I am Yoda Wrote: Yeah. Most of the trades the mock draft sites accept would not happen in RL.

But Seattle is right to expect a #1 as part of the compensation for Metcalf. After what Adams and Hill brought in? He's worth at least a #1 and change. I don't know if he's worth the #1 overall, though. Maybe if we traded down in the 1st with someone else first, they leveraged that pick as part of a package. Or maybe fixing WR1 for the next 6-8 years is worth the #1 overall?

Adams and Hill were both 1sts in the 20s, and DK is a tier below them IMO. 33 and 65 or 70 sounds reasonable to me.

I'd give 33 and 65 for AJ Brown as well. If healthy he's a top 10 WR

https://twitter.com/BoyGreen25/status/15...cSwjp0cIcQ

They would never deal Brown to a division rival. Not even worth dreaming about that one.

(04-03-2022, 02:35 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: I'd give 33 and 65 for AJ Brown as well. If healthy he's a top 10 WR

https://twitter.com/BoyGreen25/status/15...cSwjp0cIcQ

(04-03-2022, 03:01 PM)Upper Wrote: They would never deal Brown to a division rival. Not even worth dreaming about that one.

It would be a dumb move to trade AJ Brown, but perhaps he is the one player they can really market to some oter team.

It lets me think they don't believe much in Taneyhill tp not ensure he has the targets he needs to succeed.

I have to think if they are trying to get up to 10, they want a T since theirs were so horrible in pass protection last year.

Worst to 1st.  Curse Reversed!