Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
MOVIES

(This post was last modified: 06-20-2022, 01:56 AM by NewJagsCity.)

(06-15-2022, 08:53 AM)The Real Marty Wrote:
(06-14-2022, 05:23 PM)americus 2.0 Wrote: Dang y'all. Top Gun: Maverick was freaking awesome. Most definitely worth seeing it at the theater on the biggest screen they have. Do not wait to watch it at home. It deserves the big screen.

I couldn't agree more.

Saw it tonight and I second the agreement. I didn't even see the first one, but it didn't matter. We are running out of big stars that can single handedly pull off a blockbuster this huge. Tom Cruise and Denzel may be the last ones.
"Remember Red, Hope is a good thing. Maybe the best of things. And no good thing ever dies."  - Andy Dufresne, The Shawshank Redemption

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(06-20-2022, 01:55 AM)NewJagsCity Wrote:
(06-15-2022, 08:53 AM)The Real Marty Wrote: I couldn't agree more.

Saw it tonight and I second the agreement. I didn't even see the first one, but it didn't matter. We are running out of big stars that can single handedly pull off a blockbuster this huge. Tom Cruise and Denzel may be the last ones.

The things Cruise did to make this movie happen and make it all accurate is something I don't believe another actor can ever pull off. 

He refused to make it unless the flight scenes were actual flight scenes in real planes. To know how they did it just look it up on YouTube. It's pretty cool. 

He insisted Val Kilmer have a part even though Kilmer can't actually speak to be understood anymore. 

There's more that he did I just can't remember it all right now. But yeah I don't think we'll ever see anything quite like it again. Cruise is a dying breed in Hollywood just as Clint Eastwood is the last of his era. It used to be him, Will Smith and the random world ending or Star Wars movie that was a guaranteed blockbuster tent pole movie to kick off summer. Smith hasn't done anything in a long time and he's kind of a basket case. Marvel took over for the world ending movies and Star Wars is dead (thanks Disney). 

I did watch the original in the theater back in the day and it really was the opposite of what Maverick is in many ways but man you loved it anyway because you didn't know any better. And having to wait in real time for Goose's son to be the right age and Cruise to look the right age IRL instead of fake hair and make-up.... It's something else.

Adam Sandler's new movie called Hustle is pretty spectacular

[Image: ezgif-5-b2a80726c8.gif]

I don't remember who, but someone on the radio commented that Top Gun did so well because people want to see real action instead of endless CGI and a movie supportive of the military and patriotism. I agree.

If y'all get a chance you should watch Only the Brave. It's a movie written from a GQ article "No Exit" about the 19 Granite Mountain Hotshots who died in that horrific Yarnell Hill Fire in AZ in 2013. It's a really good movie with a stacked cast and the director who did Top Gun: Maverick. 

I remember hearing about the fire and those guys dying and one survivor, Brendan McDonough, who wrote about it in his autobiography which I plan to read. Miles Teller played McDonough and I have to say that kid has talent. I can see why he seems to be everywhere these days. 

I highly, highly recommend this movie. It's on Amazon to rent.

Watched The Adam Project last night with Ryan Reynolds.. Great movie, I like him, good actor.

We actually watched Sharknado tonight.. Believe it or not, it's not.. that.. bad. We made it all the way through near the end when our hero took a chainsaw and sawn through a flying great white. Sliced him right in half. At this point in the movie, I looked over at my wife and said bull [BLEEP]!!
She just looked at me funny and lol'd at me.. Me, burnt pretty good on a vegetable, lol'd too but didn't figure out why.

Until it hit me 5 minutes later and realized it took me an hour and 15 minutes into Sharknado to call bull [BLEEP] on something lolol

(06-27-2022, 12:37 AM)WingerDinger Wrote: We actually watched Sharknado tonight.. Believe it or not, it's not.. that.. bad. We made it all the way through near the end when our hero took a chainsaw and sawn through a flying great white. Sliced him right in half. At this point in the movie, I looked over at my wife and said bull [BLEEP]!!
She just looked at me funny and lol'd at me.. Me, burnt pretty good on a vegetable, lol'd too but didn't figure out why.

Until it hit me 5 minutes later and realized it took me an hour and 15 minutes into Sharknado to call bull [BLEEP] on something lolol

Silly Dinger, you're supposed to turn the brain off before those movies start.

The wife and I just watched Elvis. Meh. The production style is nothing like I expected, and it's presented from the perspective of Col. Tom Parker, his crooked manager. Plus, it's entirely too long, over two and a half hours. I would recommend waiting for it to hit the streams rather than pay the price of a ticket to not only save the price of a ticket, but for the sake of being able to pause it for an intermission break.

(06-27-2022, 09:01 AM)Mikey Wrote:
(06-27-2022, 12:37 AM)WingerDinger Wrote: We actually watched Sharknado tonight.. Believe it or not, it's not.. that.. bad. We made it all the way through near the end when our hero took a chainsaw and sawn through a flying great white. Sliced him right in half. At this point in the movie, I looked over at my wife and said bull [BLEEP]!!

Silly Dinger, you're supposed to turn the brain off before those movies start.

Those movies are giggle fests for the higher moments in life.
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

I watched Settlers on Hulu the other night. Interesting premise and good cast/direction but the story/plot leaves a lot of unanswered questions. Too many. Meh.
I'm condescending. That means I talk down to you.

(07-03-2022, 06:26 PM)homebiscuit Wrote: The wife and I just watched Elvis. Meh. The production style is nothing like I expected, and it's presented from the perspective of Col. Tom Parker, his crooked manager. Plus, it's entirely too long, over two and a half hours. I would recommend waiting for it to hit the streams rather than pay the price of a ticket to not only save the price of a ticket, but for the sake of being able to pause it for an intermission break.

Speaking of Elvis, when my mother came to visit back in 2016 I took her to see Elvis and Nixon.  The quality was pretty poor so when I heard of this one coming out, my expectations were low.  Although his Elvis movie has a 93% Like rating versus the 74% that Elvis and Nixon got.

(This post was last modified: 07-11-2022, 06:07 PM by RicoTx. Edited 1 time in total.)

Just watched Deliverance for the first time in probably 20 years.  I didn’t remember a lot of stuff from the movie.  Hell, it may well have been in the theater the last time that I saw it.
[Image: IMG-1452.jpg]

Me and some buddies watched Deliverance at the barracks in 1993. Man, what a mind screw. We followed it up with The Doors. That was an interesting afternoon.

I've been in the mood lately to watch Pulp Fiction. Great movie.

Oh, yeah, Deliverance is real good too.

Watched the old Rambo: First Blood

Forgot how awesome that movie was.. Brian Denaehe (sp?) plays one of the best [BLEEP] cops in all movies in my opinion.. His character is relentless in that movie. Almost comedic.. (if there is such a word.. if not, I call dibs!!)

(07-23-2022, 08:51 PM)WingerDinger Wrote: Watched the old Rambo: First Blood

Forgot how awesome that movie was.. Brian Denaehe (sp?) plays one of the best [BLEEP] cops in all movies in my opinion.. His character is relentless in that movie. Almost comedic.. (if there is such a word.. if not, I call dibs!!)

Dennehy
What in the Wide Wide World of Sports is agoin' on here???

(07-25-2022, 01:19 PM)Bchbunnie4 Wrote:
(07-23-2022, 08:51 PM)WingerDinger Wrote: Watched the old Rambo: First Blood

Dennehy

You mean Denneheehee?

[Image: 20220725-140325.jpg]

On Netflix movie is called the forgotten battle it just might be better then saving private Ryan I was floored last night
[Image: 5_RdfH.gif]

(07-25-2022, 02:04 PM)WingerDinger Wrote:
(07-25-2022, 01:19 PM)Bchbunnie4 Wrote: Dennehy

You mean Denneheehee?

[Image: 20220725-140325.jpg]

It’s like you intentionally misspelled his name to be corrected in order to make that joke.  I appreciate that. I really do.   +1 for that.