Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
A Letter To Jacksonville - Trevor Lawrence

(02-09-2023, 08:34 AM)Newton Wrote: I can’t recall a player ever doing this sort of thing? Maybe I am just forgetting. However, I really like his approach to address the city directly. Very cool!
Not for Jacksonville but the Players Tribune is very cool. Players have been writing pieces for a few years now.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(02-09-2023, 08:34 AM)Newton Wrote: I can’t recall a player ever doing this sort of thing? Maybe I am just forgetting. However, I really like his approach to address the city directly. Very cool!

That Julius Thomas guy we signed from Denver that one year wrote a nice letter as he was coming into town and then proceeded to [BLEEP] the bed the entirety of his time here, but yeah this one is different.

(02-09-2023, 08:55 AM)Jaguarmeister Wrote:

That Julius Thomas guy we signed from Denver that one year wrote a nice letter as he was coming into town and then proceeded to [BLEEP] the bed the entirety of his time here, but yeah this one is different.

Yeah but his QB was also not good.
I don't hate the guy like some other FAs we overpaid for no production over the years. (Aaron Ross, Hugh Douglas)

(This post was last modified: 02-09-2023, 01:35 PM by JagFan81. Edited 1 time in total.)

That's my Quarterback 

Just love the guy, on and off the field. Everything we've ever wanted at the QB position in terms of talent and mentally. 

Just keep giving him talent around him and Trevor will do the rest for us.

That's what I love most about him, he genuinely embraces this city and our ways. It's not just lip service

(02-09-2023, 12:19 AM)jessepeck1213 Wrote:
(02-08-2023, 10:21 PM)Cleatwood Wrote: The OZ guy was way worse I think. That dude legit showed up after missing for over a month right after Trevor threw his first INT against the Chargers.

Yeah but OZ was a titans troll that was just here to stir things up about chrevor. CJB is an actual jags fan who was just a full blown hater on trevor.

I can't really tell the difference between them.
There's a handful of posters that are obvious trolls and then a handful of posters that claim they are fans but act like trolls.

James Robinson did one back in October when he got traded.

https://www.theplayerstribune.com/posts/...-york-jets

(02-09-2023, 08:55 AM)Jaguarmeister Wrote:

That dude was a fat lazy pile of [BLEEP].

(02-11-2023, 11:54 PM)Talented Kalamari Wrote:
(02-09-2023, 08:55 AM)Jaguarmeister Wrote: That Julius Thomas guy we signed from Denver that one year wrote a nice letter as he was coming into town and then proceeded to [BLEEP] the bed the entirety of his time here, but yeah this one is different.

That dude was a fat lazy pile of [BLEEP].

You've got some issues, my guy. Yeah he didn't play well for us and was a bad signing but if a guys bad play on the field 10 years ago has you upset enough to say that about him, maybe you should talk to someone.

(02-12-2023, 01:03 AM)jessepeck1213 Wrote:
(02-11-2023, 11:54 PM)Talented Kalamari Wrote: That dude was a fat lazy pile of [BLEEP].

You've got some issues, my guy. Yeah he didn't play well for us and was a bad signing but if a guys bad play on the field 10 years ago has you upset enough to say that about him, maybe you should talk to someone.

I can say whatever I want. I couldn’t give less of a crap what you think.

He signed his contract with us and proceeded to become out of shape, and give no effort. Therefore, he basically stole from us. Worry about your own posts, not mine.

I'd 100% agree with the sentiments generally expressed on this thread ... 

The only thing I'd add is the longer he's here the more he just seems to have landed in the right place. 

Whether it's a penchant for the throwback gear, the double denim, hitting waffle house, understanding the chip on the shoulder ... The list goes on! The whole not world wanted him in New York, but can you honestly see him in NY??? His talent is undeniable, he'd likely still have still been good ... But, and it's only my opinion it just doesn't seem like his spots were made for that jungle. They were made for duval. Sometimes by hook or by crook it's all in the luck! And fate has surely dropped him in the right place! 

There's probably a philosophical thread to be made in the off-season on that topic somewhere down the line ... Minshew had the same thing but not the same level of talent, could you see Zach Wilson having fitted in the same way, not on your life... Mind you where exactly he does fit in is open for debate. Ramsey had the talent but clearly always wanted to be the centre of attention in a big market! Sometimes a player just fits!

The long term success of this team depends on one person, Mrs. Pederson. If she’s happy here and Khan keeps paying him well, good deal. If she doesn’t like it here, Doug will have to bail and then we’ll be screwed.

Let’s go jags!

(02-12-2023, 01:03 AM)jessepeck1213 Wrote:
(02-11-2023, 11:54 PM)Talented Kalamari Wrote: That dude was a fat lazy pile of [BLEEP].

Better said that he was a symptom of playing with an all-timer at QB. He never matched his production here, or anywhere else after he left the fivehead.

(02-14-2023, 09:39 AM)Mikey Wrote:
(02-12-2023, 01:03 AM)jessepeck1213 Wrote: You've got some issues, my guy. Yeah he didn't play well for us and was a bad signing but if a guys bad play on the field 10 years ago has you upset enough to say that about him, maybe you should talk to someone.

Better said that he was a symptom of playing with an all-timer at QB. He never matched his production here, or anywhere else after he left the fivehead.

People love to hate on this because Thomas showed signs of free agent vacation syndrome in Jacksonville. 
Understandable. I was very disappointed. 

But - he left jughead and came to Gus Bradley, Greg Olson, and Blake Bortles and turned in 455 yards and 5 TDs. 

That actually isn't totally terrible when you factor it all in, LOL. 

Anyway, I bet if Thomas came into Lawrence and Pederson at that stage in his career he'd have worked harder and put up nice numbers. But who knows?

(02-14-2023, 09:39 AM)Mikey Wrote:
(02-12-2023, 01:03 AM)jessepeck1213 Wrote: You've got some issues, my guy. Yeah he didn't play well for us and was a bad signing but if a guys bad play on the field 10 years ago has you upset enough to say that about him, maybe you should talk to someone.

His 2014 Denver season and his 2015 season here were pretty comparable, the difference was the Denver offense actually scored points. He would've been much better here in 2015 but he broke his hand early and missed 4 games. After that year it was clear he was disillusioned with what was going on and was ready to move on from football.
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

(02-12-2023, 02:07 PM)Talented Kalamari Wrote:

I can say whatever I want. I couldn’t give less of a crap what you think.

He signed his contract with us and proceeded to become out of shape, and give no effort. Therefore, he basically stole from us. Worry about your own posts, not mine.

What's all this us talk? You were 12 years old when Julius Thomas played for us so I doubt you were spending your cold hard cash on Jags tickets.

I love how threads can get derailed on here so easily; take it to a Whatsapp thread haha.
#Jags4Life

Tar Heel Jags Fan

(This post was last modified: 02-15-2023, 04:07 PM by NewJagsCity.)

(02-14-2023, 02:49 PM)flsprtsgod Wrote:
(02-14-2023, 09:39 AM)Mikey Wrote: Better said that he was a symptom of playing with an all-timer at QB. He never matched his production here, or anywhere else after he left the fivehead.

His 2014 Denver season and his 2015 season here were pretty comparable, the difference was the Denver offense actually scored points. He would've been much better here in 2015 but he broke his hand early and missed 4 games. After that year it was clear he was disillusioned with what was going on and was ready to move on from football.

He missed the Broncos SB year by coming to us. As of 2018, he was getting a PhD in neuroscience from NOVA in Ft Lauderdale. Wants to work with CTE cases.

A little little known trivia: who was the coach of that Broncos SB team? See if you can guess it without research.
"Remember Red, Hope is a good thing. Maybe the best of things. And no good thing ever dies."  - Andy Dufresne, The Shawshank Redemption

(02-15-2023, 04:07 PM)NewJagsCity Wrote:
(02-14-2023, 02:49 PM)flsprtsgod Wrote: His 2014 Denver season and his 2015 season here were pretty comparable, the difference was the Denver offense actually scored points. He would've been much better here in 2015 but he broke his hand early and missed 4 games. After that year it was clear he was disillusioned with what was going on and was ready to move on from football.

He missed the Broncos SB year by coming to us.  As of 2018, he was getting a PhD in neuroscience from NOVA in Ft Lauderdale.  Wants to work with CTE cases.

A little little known trivia: who was the coach of that Broncos SB team?  See if you can guess it without research.
My man Kubiak after he left the Texans.