Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Poll: Little's future with the Jags
This poll is closed.
Beats Cam out this year for LT and a bookend for us at LT
15.79%
12 15.79%
Plays RT this year and moves to LT next year
51.32%
39 51.32%
Plays RT this year and keeps improving and becomes a bookend RT for us
19.74%
15 19.74%
Just stays our swing and backup tackle
13.16%
10 13.16%
He plays LG this year
0%
0 0%
Total 76 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Walker Little's future

(12-31-2023, 04:57 PM)Shad Khans Mustache Wrote: Nyc4jags said little was better than Cam.

Lol!

Remains to be seen - but Little has been disappointing this year in general. 
I may have been wrong about him.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(12-31-2023, 05:05 PM)NYC4jags Wrote:
(12-31-2023, 04:57 PM)Shad Khans Mustache Wrote: Nyc4jags said little was better than Cam.

Lol!

dude, I wouldn't beat yourself up too much.  The entire O-Line has seemed to regress except Cam and Harrison...

(12-31-2023, 05:05 PM)NYC4jags Wrote:

Lol!

I don't think you are, he's just been bounced around so much that there's no rhythm in his game yet. The question is why wasn't Cleveland in at Guard today? He's defintely better than the Shat.
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

(12-31-2023, 05:07 PM)flsprtsgod Wrote:
(12-31-2023, 05:05 PM)NYC4jags Wrote: Remains to be seen - but Little has been disappointing this year in general. 

I don't think you are, he's just been bounced around so much that there's no rhythm in his game yet. The question is why wasn't Cleveland in at Guard today? He's defintely better than the Shat.

I agree.

Before this year I also thought Little was better. We'll see, I wouldn't say Cam is definitely better.
"Treyvon Wallet is elite run defender and better overall than Aidan Hutchinson" 11/11/23

I think the fact we are seven and 1 when cam plays is not a coincidence. We cannot run the ball without him.

(12-31-2023, 05:31 PM)Newton Wrote: I think the fact we are seven and 1 when cam plays is not a coincidence. We cannot run the ball without him.

Yesterday, absent one run that went away from him, we averaged less than 3.0 per carry. Against the worst team in football. I'd say we can't run with him either.
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

(This post was last modified: 01-01-2024, 01:00 PM by Caldrac. Edited 1 time in total.)

(04-02-2023, 11:57 AM)Caldrac Wrote: Not sure. I think the problem is that he struggled at RT. Was given a shot to win a job last summer and he lost it to Taylor who is now gone.

He finally played LT last year for three weeks when Robinson went down and it was clear he's way more comfortable and natural there. Which is what he did in college.

I could see him playing LG this year but I still think him and Robinson should compete for the starting LT position. Robinson's contract is a pisser. It's easily the biggest cap hit to eat this year.

But, protecting Lawrence should supersede any contract situation. I think they'll draft a swing tackle in RD2 or RD4 and work on relying on Little at RT, Robinson at LT and Bartch at LG.

As a fan? Not a fan of this. Feel its extremely risky but as most pundits and locals are pointing out. The general consensus is that we're going to need a pass rusher and nickel slot CB to address our defensive issues early in the draft.

This kind of pisses me off to be honest. Because of the money and draft picks spent on defense last year. The expectations should be that the year two, year three guys step their damn game up with Caldwell in year two as a coordinator.

I think three of our first four selections SHOULD be on offense personally. I would want a Guard, Swing Tackle and Tight End from this year's class early to ensure we have viable depth behind injury prone lineman or outright upgrades and somebody that can compliment Engram in a year that he's been tagged with no guarantees at the moment that he's extended.

This is Baalke's biggest test yet in the NFL as a General Manager as far as I am concerned. This could be the year that sets the team back for a year or two or catapults them into consistent AFC South dominance.

Sent from my SM-S906U using Tapatalk

My opinion has changed since this post back in April. Little leaves a lot to be desired still. I don't really have much confidence in him moving forward as a starter. His durability is a concern. 

I think he's somebody you keep on the bench as a swing option at tackle, with the potential to start at LG. That leaves you in a situation where you have to resolve the contract talks with Ezra Cleveland and see where he fits in at. 

Hell, maybe you can restructure Cam Robinson, keep Cleveland at LG, and make Little compete with Scherff in the summer for RG. Looking to fully replace Fortner at C with him moving to back-up duties and still drafting/signing at least two more lineman from LT - RG to compete right away for starting jobs.
[Image: 4SXW6gC.png]

"What do I know of cultured ways, the gilt, the craft and the lie? I, who was born in a naked land and bred in the open sky. The subtle tongue, the sophist guile, they fail when the broadswords sing; Rush in and die, dogs - I was a man before I was a king."

(12-31-2023, 05:07 PM)flsprtsgod Wrote:
(12-31-2023, 05:05 PM)NYC4jags Wrote: Remains to be seen - but Little has been disappointing this year in general. 

Part of me feels like that has to do with Pederson being loyal to a fault. Pederson said Ezra was a good depth player when we traded for him, think that's all he views him as.

Trading for Ezra has always seemed like an attempt by Baalke to save him self from criticism. If the reports are true about people picking sides then maybe Pederson doesn't want to start Ezra and make Baalke look better.
[Image: OIG4.uBuSY6yngBYRov__0Zi.?dpr=2.6&pid=ImgDetMain]

(04-02-2023, 09:47 AM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: What do yall think will be Little's future with the Jags?

Walker is a backup swing tackle at best. Another Baalke masterclass pick.

(01-01-2024, 01:33 PM)Protozoa Wrote:
(12-31-2023, 05:07 PM)flsprtsgod Wrote: I don't think you are, he's just been bounced around so much that there's no rhythm in his game yet. The question is why wasn't Cleveland in at Guard today? He's defintely better than the Shat.

Part of me feels like that has to do with Pederson being loyal to a fault. Pederson said Ezra was a good depth player when we traded for him, think that's all he views him as.

Trading for Ezra has always seemed like an attempt by Baalke to save him self from criticism. If the reports are true about people picking sides then maybe Pederson doesn't want to start Ezra and make Baalke look better.
I think it may be as simple as Cleveland had a REALLY bad performance last week and the staff is just scrambling to insure they don't slip out of playoff contention. 

Not sure what happened with Ezra Cleveland last week in Tampa  - but he was giving up lots of pressure and struggling with some run block assignments/positioning.

(01-01-2024, 01:46 PM)NYC4jags Wrote:
(01-01-2024, 01:33 PM)Protozoa Wrote: Part of me feels like that has to do with Pederson being loyal to a fault. Pederson said Ezra was a good depth player when we traded for him, think that's all he views him as.

I think it may be as simple as Cleveland had a REALLY bad performance last week and the staff is just scrambling to insure they don't slip out of playoff contention. 

Not sure what happened with Ezra Cleveland last week in Tampa  - but he was giving up lots of pressure and struggling with some run block assignments/positioning.

That's most likely it.
[Image: OIG4.uBuSY6yngBYRov__0Zi.?dpr=2.6&pid=ImgDetMain]

He has bounced around too much to give him a fair judgement IMO.

Dude was playing LG in camp/preseason. Then he went to LT while Cam was suspended. Then back to LG when Cam came back. Then back to LT when Cam got injured. Then he got injured at LT. Then back to LG again.

(01-01-2024, 06:26 PM)Eric1 Wrote: He has bounced around too much to give him a fair judgement IMO.

Dude was playing LG in camp/preseason. Then he went to LT while Cam was suspended. Then back to LG when Cam came back. Then back to LT when Cam got injured. Then he got injured at LT. Then back to LG again.

And he was also a RT before this season. Leave the poor guy at LT and stop [BLEEP] with him. He had good games at LT on other seasons.
"Treyvon Wallet is elite run defender and better overall than Aidan Hutchinson" 11/11/23

(01-01-2024, 01:46 PM)NYC4jags Wrote:
(01-01-2024, 01:33 PM)Protozoa Wrote: Part of me feels like that has to do with Pederson being loyal to a fault. Pederson said Ezra was a good depth player when we traded for him, think that's all he views him as.

During warmups on Sunday Cleveland looked extremely slow and in pain. He was barely moving out there.  

So I think he was probably nursing some undisclosed injury. I noticed it and thought “hmm he sure looks like he can barely run” and then I noticed Shatley was starting
<FONT face="Comic Sans MS" size=3><B><FONT face=Verdana color=#ff6600 size=4></FONT></B></FONT>

(01-01-2024, 09:05 PM)SuperJville Wrote:
(01-01-2024, 01:46 PM)NYC4jags Wrote: I think it may be as simple as Cleveland had a REALLY bad performance last week and the staff is just scrambling to insure they don't slip out of playoff contention. 

During warmups on Sunday Cleveland looked extremely slow and in pain. He was barely moving out there.  

So I think he was probably nursing some undisclosed injury. I noticed it and thought “hmm he sure looks like he can barely run” and then I noticed Shatley was starting

He was hurt a week or two back, wondering if he has a nagging injury of some sort.

(01-01-2024, 09:05 PM)SuperJville Wrote:
(01-01-2024, 01:46 PM)NYC4jags Wrote: I think it may be as simple as Cleveland had a REALLY bad performance last week and the staff is just scrambling to insure they don't slip out of playoff contention. 

Good to know. Thanks

This line has sure had more than their fair share of injury this season. This is the 3rd LG to suffer injury at that position in some way this year, and we've seen five different players man that spot in 16 games.

edit:
Cleveland did have a knee injury in week 14 
Must have re-aggravated it

He also had a foot injury in Minnesota earlier in the season

(01-02-2024, 11:01 AM)NYC4jags Wrote:
(01-01-2024, 09:05 PM)SuperJville Wrote: During warmups on Sunday Cleveland looked extremely slow and in pain. He was barely moving out there.  

Good to know. Thanks

This line has sure had more than their fair share of injury this season. This is the 3rd LG to suffer injury at that position in some way this year, and we've seen five different players man that spot in 16 games.

edit:
Cleveland did have a knee injury in week 14 
Must have re-aggravated it

[Image: jI5xxXI.gif]

(This post was last modified: 01-02-2024, 01:06 PM by JagFanatic24. Edited 3 times in total.)

(01-01-2024, 06:26 PM)Eric1 Wrote: He has bounced around too much to give him a fair judgement IMO.

Shatley, Cleveland, and Robinson bounced him to the bench. I wish I knew where I got my football ignorance from.

(01-02-2024, 01:03 PM)JagFanatic24 Wrote:

Shatley, Cleveland, and Robinson bounced him to the bench. I wish I knew where I got my football ignorance from.

Shatley never replaced Little anywhere. 

At least get your facts straight if you want to continue your weird little hate-fest for Walker Little.

He's also been on the injury report with a hamstring multiple weeks.

(01-02-2024, 01:17 PM)NYC4jags Wrote:
(01-02-2024, 01:03 PM)JagFanatic24 Wrote: Shatley, Cleveland, and Robinson bounced him to the bench. I wish I knew where I got my football ignorance from.

Shatley never replaced Little anywhere. 

At least get your facts straight if you want to continue your weird little hate-fest for Walker Little.

He's also been on the injury report with a hamstring multiple weeks.

That part in bold is what I am also concerned with. He seems to get injured off and on despite limited opportunities. Same thing can be said for Cam Robinson, as he's once again proven his durability is a challenge this year. 

It's funny, but, the weakest link on the line in Fortner seems to hold up physically well. That's probably because he doesn't physically give it his all out there as he looks lost like a lamb more than anybody else out there. 

Little [BLEEP] us man. I can't let it go. I just can't. Ever since that ankle injury with Lawrence I just can't stand him. That was the tipping point for this team and he's the catalyst of it all. Big dumb oaf, well, big smart oaf, he was a Stanford graduate after all. 

It's aggravating. I would like to see Washington's Fautanu in teal later on this summer at LT but we're not going to be within reach. They have to figure that out as soon as they get Josh Allen's contract situated. You can flip a coin, but, getting that LT situation resolved is probably neck and neck priority wise for me. 

We still need interior help, 100%, but, trying to rely on two oft injured players at LT, whether one is overpaid or one is underperforming, just sinks your hopes right off the bat.
[Image: 4SXW6gC.png]

"What do I know of cultured ways, the gilt, the craft and the lie? I, who was born in a naked land and bred in the open sky. The subtle tongue, the sophist guile, they fail when the broadswords sing; Rush in and die, dogs - I was a man before I was a king."