Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Let's Talk About- Political Edition

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(02-29-2024, 05:37 PM)WingerDinger Wrote: https://twitter.com/alx/status/176331619...Par8A&s=19

Unfortunately, Biden won’t get to wave to any Mexicans when he visits the border today. Brownsville, Texas recorded a whopping 12 migrants the other day. 

It amazes me how Democrats are such willing cowards sometimes.

(02-29-2024, 05:46 PM)homebiscuit Wrote:
(02-29-2024, 05:37 PM)WingerDinger Wrote: https://twitter.com/alx/status/176331619...Par8A&s=19

Unfortunately, Biden won’t get to wave to any Mexicans when he visits the border today. Brownsville, Texas recorded a whopping 12 migrants the other day. 

It amazes me how Democrats are such willing cowards sometimes.

It's my understanding that neither Biden nor Mayorkas took any questions today lol

Wait.. gets better lolol

https://twitter.com/LawrenceBJones3/stat...uXL6w&s=19
[Image: SaKG4.gif]

(This post was last modified: 02-29-2024, 09:22 PM by mikesez. Edited 1 time in total.)

(02-29-2024, 04:04 PM)americus 2.0 Wrote:
(02-29-2024, 09:40 AM)WingerDinger Wrote: Dr. Phil..

https://twitter.com/VigilantFox/status/1...Zx2Bw&s=19

“They need that problem to justify their existence. They need that problem to maintain this huge bureaucracy, to maintain this big budget, this big agency. They need that problem to exist. I think we’ve got people in charge of solving problems that are not problem solvers.”

I can't stand the guy but I agree with everything he said here. The border will never be resolved. Abortion and pro-life will never be resolved. Racism will never be resolved. You get my point. If these issues don't exist the politicians have nothing to campaign on and/or use to divide us so we're fighting each other and not holding them accountable. 

I so wish more people could understand this but they don't want to.

I definitely agree with most of what you're saying and I'm glad we're finally getting fed up with news that's just meant to provoke hate.

I just disagree with one thing. If by racism you mean "will people stop getting worked up by government policies around race?" then yes.  The people running for office and winning office will continue to take any situation about race and say it's not good enough for their side, they need to fight.

But "racism" in general is a sin of the human heart that would never go away even if everyone involved in government worked together and tried to work up just the right policies for it.

Abortion and border policies can be resolved or at least put on the back burner where there is political will.  But our tendency to be skeptical of people who don't look like us and don't talk like us will never go away regardless of political will.
My fellow southpaw Mark Brunell will probably always be my favorite Jaguar.

(01-31-2024, 02:19 PM)The Real Marty Wrote:
(01-31-2024, 01:32 PM)WingerDinger Wrote: https://twitter.com/RyanAFournier/status...oZkHg&s=19

It seems like the news media calls anything "breaking news" these days.

(02-29-2024, 09:18 PM)mikesez Wrote:
(02-29-2024, 04:04 PM)americus 2.0 Wrote: I can't stand the guy but I agree with everything he said here. The border will never be resolved. Abortion and pro-life will never be resolved. Racism will never be resolved. You get my point. If these issues don't exist the politicians have nothing to campaign on and/or use to divide us so we're fighting each other and not holding them accountable. 

I definitely agree with most of what you're saying and I'm glad we're finally getting fed up with news that's just meant to provoke hate.

I just disagree with one thing. If by racism you mean "will people stop getting worked up by government policies around race?" then yes.  The people running for office and winning office will continue to take any situation about race and say it's not good enough for their side, they need to fight.

But "racism" in general is a sin of the human heart that would never go away even if everyone involved in government worked together and tried to work up just the right policies for it.

Abortion and border policies can be resolved or at least put on the back burner where there is political will.  But our tendency to be skeptical of people who don't look like us and don't talk like us will never go away regardless of political will.

I agree with your premise but disagree with your conclusion.  Hearts and minds can and do change all of the time.
Original Season Ticket Holder - Retired  1995 - 2020

At some point you just have to let go of what you thought should happen and live in what is happening.

(03-01-2024, 09:23 AM)copycat Wrote:
(01-31-2024, 02:19 PM)The Real Marty Wrote: It seems like the news media calls anything "breaking news" these days.

(02-29-2024, 09:18 PM)mikesez Wrote: I definitely agree with most of what you're saying and I'm glad we're finally getting fed up with news that's just meant to provoke hate.

I agree with your premise but disagree with your conclusion.  Hearts and minds can and do change all of the time.

Individuals change, but some change for the worse.  Our society will always have a significant number of racist individuals.
My fellow southpaw Mark Brunell will probably always be my favorite Jaguar.

(03-01-2024, 09:59 AM)mikesez Wrote:
(03-01-2024, 09:23 AM)copycat Wrote: I agree with your premise but disagree with your conclusion.  Hearts and minds can and do change all of the time.

Individuals change, but some change for the worse.  Our society will always have a significant number of racist individuals.

[Image: SFouY.gif]

(03-01-2024, 09:59 AM)mikesez Wrote:
(03-01-2024, 09:23 AM)copycat Wrote: I agree with your premise but disagree with your conclusion.  Hearts and minds can and do change all of the time.

Define significant.
Original Season Ticket Holder - Retired  1995 - 2020

At some point you just have to let go of what you thought should happen and live in what is happening.

He's right in that a free society will allow for that kind of disfunction. However, race is no different than hair color, and, over time, with the right emphasis focused on the individual, that should stop mattering.

Well done!!

And that's coming from an in-state rival..

https://twitter.com/realchrisrufo/status...XbCbg&s=19

Let's go, Florida!

(03-01-2024, 02:21 PM)WingerDinger Wrote: https://twitter.com/nypost/status/176362...zb-GA&s=19

Read the article.  There's no bombshell there.  

James got paid by a Chinese company.  James paid back Joe the money he owed him.  The two things are not related, except that money was used in both transactions.  

Money is fungible.  It's like if I loaned my brother $10, then he went and sold something to someone who was in the Mafia, and he used that money to pay back the $10, does that mean I am getting money from the Mafia?   

This whole Joe Biden impeachment effort is really pathetic.

(This post was last modified: 03-01-2024, 05:29 PM by WingerDinger.)

https://twitter.com/Not_the_Bee/status/1...nr2Jg&s=19

(03-01-2024, 05:23 PM)The Real Marty Wrote:
(03-01-2024, 02:21 PM)WingerDinger Wrote: https://twitter.com/nypost/status/176362...zb-GA&s=19

Read the article.  There's no bombshell there.  

James got paid by a Chinese company.  James paid back Joe the money he owed him.  The two things are not related, except that money was used in both transactions.  

Money is fungible.  It's like if I loaned my brother $10, then he went and sold something to someone who was in the Mafia, and he used that money to pay back the $10, does that mean I am getting money from the Mafia?   

This whole Joe Biden impeachment effort is really pathetic.

Sorry dude.. You're in that Mikesez category where I just don't give a [BLEEP] what you have to say.

Mike, hope you are able to find a new gig soon. Sorry.

https://twitter.com/GovRonDeSantis/statu...DZ8Xg&s=19

(02-29-2024, 09:18 PM)mikesez Wrote:
(02-29-2024, 04:04 PM)americus 2.0 Wrote: I can't stand the guy but I agree with everything he said here. The border will never be resolved. Abortion and pro-life will never be resolved. Racism will never be resolved. You get my point. If these issues don't exist the politicians have nothing to campaign on and/or use to divide us so we're fighting each other and not holding them accountable. 

Everything I mentioned is from a political angle. 

Abortion and border/immigration policies will never be resolved because personal feelings of the voters are too strong and the politicians count on that. If the voters get too quiet about it the politicians or the media will stir the pot to get everyone foaming at the mouth again. Same with racism. You can count on Farrakhan and others to stir that pot. 

And I have been fed up with the media for years and for more reasons than what you state.

Interesting.. See what happens here.

https://twitter.com/BonginoReport/status...cV49Q&s=19