Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Kavanaugh confirmation hearing

(10-06-2018, 10:00 AM)mikesez Wrote:
(10-05-2018, 11:08 PM)flsprtsgod Wrote: My voting record speaks for itself and I take responsibility for what I'm responsible for, ie me. Trump was better than Hillary but not good enough to win my vote. I'm a Militant Libertarian, I want to take over the government and then defund it and leave everyone the hell alone. At least I don't pretend to be something I'm not like all you True Republicans Orkos actively cheering against your own party when they finally show some guts. You're all just beta boys, sitting in the corner while the Dems dance with your girl, praying you'll get a turn someday but knowing deep inside you won't.

Your voting record is not available to anyone because they take your name off the ballot before they start counting.
I don't care if you think I'm a "True Republican" or not.  I know what my registration card says.  I know how I've voted, usually for Republicans, sometimes not.  The only reason to register for a party is to influence it and vote in its primaries. That's what I did. It's not a matter of identity. I'm no more or less Republican than anybody who has registered with the party.
So many of the errors and hyperventilating and pants wetting that you may see among people when they discuss politics is due to them making it an identity, or believing that one of the parties hates or upholds the other aspects of their identity. 
To be fair, if you were a black person in the south in the first part of the twentieth century, the Democratic party really did hate your identity. If you were a gay person in any part of the twentieth century, the Republican party really did want you to be punished for what you might be doing behind closed doors in the privacy of your home. But both of those issues are basically resolved now, and most people were never gay or black in the first place, yet to this day most of us seem to approach politics like our identity is under attack.
I think both of us have, at least once, watched a girl we like get affection from another man. That's a common experience. For me it was almost 15 years ago.  That feeling sucks. Politics never makes me feel that way because I don't confound it with my identity or love life.

I picked a heckuva day to quit drinking...

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(10-06-2018, 09:01 AM)Adam2012 Wrote:
(10-05-2018, 11:08 PM)flsprtsgod Wrote: My voting record speaks for itself and I take responsibility for what I'm responsible for, ie me. Trump was better than Hillary but not good enough to win my vote. I'm a Militant Libertarian, I want to take over the government and then defund it and leave everyone the hell alone. At least I don't pretend to be something I'm not like all you True Republicans Orkos actively cheering against your own party when they finally show some guts. You're all just beta boys, sitting in the corner while the Dems dance with your girl, praying you'll get a turn someday but knowing deep inside you won't.

Militant Libertarian? hahahahaha. Sounds rather childish. So you take no responsibility for any political position?

Yeah, that fits with your posting history. Stand on the sidelines and throw tantrums. No wonder you are a Trumpette. He's not serious either. 

You and Byron complement each other - trying hard to come up with silly phrases and views.

I get that you don't understand common political principles, it's quite evident in your postings that you just follow the ol' Dem party line exacerbated by a helping of TDS.

(10-06-2018, 10:54 AM)jj82284 Wrote:
(10-06-2018, 10:00 AM)mikesez Wrote: Your voting record is not available to anyone because they take your name off the ballot before they start counting.
I don't care if you think I'm a "True Republican" or not.  I know what my registration card says.  I know how I've voted, usually for Republicans, sometimes not.  The only reason to register for a party is to influence it and vote in its primaries. That's what I did. It's not a matter of identity. I'm no more or less Republican than anybody who has registered with the party.
So many of the errors and hyperventilating and pants wetting that you may see among people when they discuss politics is due to them making it an identity, or believing that one of the parties hates or upholds the other aspects of their identity. 
To be fair, if you were a black person in the south in the first part of the twentieth century, the Democratic party really did hate your identity. If you were a gay person in any part of the twentieth century, the Republican party really did want you to be punished for what you might be doing behind closed doors in the privacy of your home. But both of those issues are basically resolved now, and most people were never gay or black in the first place, yet to this day most of us seem to approach politics like our identity is under attack.
I think both of us have, at least once, watched a girl we like get affection from another man. That's a common experience. For me it was almost 15 years ago.  That feeling sucks. Politics never makes me feel that way because I don't confound it with my identity or love life.

I picked a heckuva day to quit drinking...

Time to pick it up again.
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

There's protest.... Then there's annoying screaming/shrieking

Congrats JUSTICE Kavanaugh! You earned it!

Character assassination failed. What will the Dems try next?

"Why should I give information to you when all you want to do is find something wrong with it?"

2 more scoops of winning. Anyone tired of winning yet?

NY Times op-ed:

For Once, I’m Grateful for Trump

https://www.nytimes.com/2018/10/04/opini...tions.html

(10-06-2018, 04:09 PM)MalabarJag Wrote: Character assassination failed. What will the Dems try next?

More character assassination...  Just louder and longer.

(10-06-2018, 04:31 PM)Byron LeftTown Wrote: NY Times op-ed:

For Once, I’m Grateful for Trump

https://www.nytimes.com/2018/10/04/opini...tions.html

Great Piece for the NYT
You know trouble is right around the corner when your best friend tells you to hold his beer!!

Hearing Kavanaugh talk doesn't really suggest he's a man with a great mind.

Is he one of those well connected types who has 'earned' such a senior position?

There's a 5-kegger at Kav's 2nite! MAGA hat required for entry.

When can I buy a case of Kavanaugh's Judicial Stout? - the only brewski officially sanctioned by certain members of the Supreme Court...

(10-04-2018, 10:14 PM)lastonealive Wrote: You seem very defensive over Trump. Seems to have United all the crazies

That statement works both way.
Original Season Ticket Holder - Retired  1995 - 2020

At some point you just have to let go of what you thought should happen and live in what is happening.

(10-06-2018, 05:37 PM)lastonealive Wrote: Hearing Kavanaugh talk doesn't really suggest he's a man with a great mind.

Is he one of those well connected types who has 'earned' such a senior position?

...  Ouch....  I wish u had credibility to lose....

Could only wish to have the credibility of a trumpette. The enlightened ones. Not ruined by education or a questioning mind.

(10-06-2018, 10:22 PM)lastonealive Wrote: Could only wish to have the credibility of a trumpette. The enlightened ones. Not ruined by education or a questioning mind.

#3.7

(This post was last modified: 10-07-2018, 08:22 AM by TJBender.)

(10-04-2018, 01:35 AM)jj82284 Wrote: The two doors were put in back in 08 not 12....   Wow.  Anyone seen t.j. ?

It's called a life. I've been out having one. You should try it out sometime. It's good for the soul.

(10-07-2018, 08:21 AM)TJBender Wrote:
(10-04-2018, 01:35 AM)jj82284 Wrote: The two doors were put in back in 08 not 12....   Wow.  Anyone seen t.j. ?

It's called a life. I've been out having one. You should try it out sometime. It's good for the soul.

Funny how the far left all of a sudden has "a life" when things aren't going their way. You people are all the same, lol.

(10-07-2018, 09:31 AM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote:
(10-07-2018, 08:21 AM)TJBender Wrote: It's called a life. I've been out having one. You should try it out sometime. It's good for the soul.

Funny how the far left all of a sudden has "a life" when things aren't going their way. You people are all the same, lol.

Bender and I aren't that different. He just went the opposite from me with the Trump|Hillary election which in turn caused his TDS infection. The thing is, he would be all in for everything Trump has done if it was Pence who did it. He's lost himself in the personality and it's obscuring his view of the substance. We need to remember that in 2024 when he's back to normal.
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

(This post was last modified: 10-07-2018, 11:35 AM by homebiscuit.)

(10-07-2018, 10:58 AM)flsprtsgod Wrote:
(10-07-2018, 09:31 AM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote: Funny how the far left all of a sudden has "a life" when things aren't going their way. You people are all the same, lol.

Bender and I aren't that different. He just went the opposite from me with the Trump|Hillary election which in turn caused his TDS infection. The thing is, he would be all in for everything Trump has done if it was Pence who did it. He's lost himself in the personality and it's obscuring his view of the substance. We need to remember that in 2024 when he's back to normal.

The essence of TDS isn't Trump. In the last two years, almost everything the dems have so carefully crafted (direct support of the MSM, deep state personnel manipulating governmental agencies for political allegiance, flawed domestic and foreign policies of their lord and savior Barack Obama...) have been exposed and have/are being reversed. Adding insult to injury, the country is thriving more than it has in decades. Because of his bombastic personality, Trump provides an easy focal point for their hatred towards the dismantling of a syndicate they believed was unassailable. However, had these same Republican policies and political struggles been guided and influenced by Tom Hanks, there would be a seething and furious THDS in this country.

(10-07-2018, 11:31 AM)homebiscuit Wrote:
(10-07-2018, 10:58 AM)flsprtsgod Wrote: Bender and I aren't that different. He just went the opposite from me with the Trump|Hillary election which in turn caused his TDS infection. The thing is, he would be all in for everything Trump has done if it was Pence who did it. He's lost himself in the personality and it's obscuring his view of the substance. We need to remember that in 2024 when he's back to normal.

The essence of TDS isn't Trump. In the last two years, almost everything the dems have so carefully crafted (direct support of the MSM, deep state personnel manipulating governmental agencies for political allegiance, flawed domestic and foreign policies of their lord and savior Barack Obama...) have been exposed and have/are being reversed. Adding insult to injury, the country is thriving more than it has in decades. Because of his bombastic personality, Trump provides an easy focal point for their hatred towards the dismantling of a syndicate they believed was unassailable. However, had these same Republican policies and political struggles been guided and influenced by Tom Hanks, there would be a seething and furious THDS in this country.

I agree except that TDS is rampant in the Republican ranks too, guys in this very thread who claim to be Republicans think that we would've been better off with Clinton because of TDS.