Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Nick Foles

(03-05-2019, 05:54 PM)Eric1 Wrote:
(03-05-2019, 05:33 PM)JaguarKick Wrote: This I'll completely disagree with.  Foles ABSOLUTELY improves this team.  The question is, how much better than Bortles is he, really?  The fact that he's only had success in Philly makes me hesitant.

Simply getting healthy will greatly improve this team. That was the biggest issue with last season.

Foles and Bortles offset each other imo. Foles throws a better ball, Bortles is more durable and is a better runner. He can keep plays alive that Foles wont be able to. Both are average QBs and both need a lot of help around them to succeed. We're still the 3rd team in the Division with either of them going into this coming season.

You have to go out and draft your QB when you have the chance. You can't just play QB roulette with average QBs. That gets you no where, but stuck at 8-8 and in QB purgatory.

I don't know how you can compare Foles and Bortles.  I've seen Foles' best and Bortles' best and there is absolutely no comparison.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(This post was last modified: 03-05-2019, 06:24 PM by JagsFansince1995.)

(03-05-2019, 06:02 PM)The Real Marty Wrote:
(03-05-2019, 05:54 PM)Eric1 Wrote: Simply getting healthy will greatly improve this team. That was the biggest issue with last season.

Foles and Bortles offset each other imo. Foles throws a better ball, Bortles is more durable and is a better runner. He can keep plays alive that Foles wont be able to. Both are average QBs and both need a lot of help around them to succeed. We're still the 3rd team in the Division with either of them going into this coming season.

You have to go out and draft your QB when you have the chance. You can't just play QB roulette with average QBs. That gets you no where, but stuck at 8-8 and in QB purgatory.

I don't know how you can compare Foles and Bortles.  I've seen Foles' best and Bortles' best and there is absolutely no comparison.

I've seen Bortles best with a sub par gameplan and lack of talent around him.  I've seen Foles best with actual talent around him.  Comparing is hard when that is the case. Also, Foles only has playoff tape with a full season under chip kelly from years ago.
Season Tix, Section 409

2023 and still counting.....SB will finally be ours soon enough.
TLaw aka 'the prince that was promised' supporter.

(03-05-2019, 06:22 PM)JagsFansince1995 Wrote:
(03-05-2019, 06:02 PM)The Real Marty Wrote: I don't know how you can compare Foles and Bortles.  I've seen Foles' best and Bortles' best and there is absolutely no comparison.

I've seen Bortles best with a sub par gameplan and lack of talent around him.  I've seen Foles best with actual talent around him.  Comparing is hard when that is the case.  Also, Foles only has playoff tape with a full season under chip kelly from years ago.

And if (I know, I know) the Jags had played the Eagles then we would be still celebrating a Superb Owl win instead of what we've been through.
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

(03-07-2019, 10:42 AM)flsprtsgod Wrote:
(03-05-2019, 06:22 PM)JagsFansince1995 Wrote: I've seen Bortles best with a sub par gameplan and lack of talent around him.  I've seen Foles best with actual talent around him.  Comparing is hard when that is the case.  Also, Foles only has playoff tape with a full season under chip kelly from years ago.

And if (I know, I know) the Jags had played the Eagles then we would be still celebrating a Superb Owl win instead of what we've been through.

^ this is so true.

(01-04-2019, 08:38 AM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: What would you trade for him?  I'd give our 2nd and LF.  Foles with this team if we stay healthy could make us DB contenders.  I'd then trade back in the first to add another 2nd that we lost.  The more I think about it the more I think this would be best case scenario.

Well, what do you think now?

(02-04-2019, 10:44 AM)flgatorsandjags Wrote:
(02-04-2019, 10:41 AM)Bullseye Wrote: Top ten QB?

I am not sure about that,  even though he would  improve our team.

Where would he rank among QBs in our division?

Does him winning  a Super Bowl somehow elevate him above guys like Luck and Watson, who haven't? If so, how would Flacco fare under a similar analysis?

He would be the 2nd best QB in the division behind Luck

(11-25-2019, 03:40 PM)JackCity Wrote:
(01-04-2019, 08:38 AM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: What would you trade for him?  I'd give our 2nd and LF.  Foles with this team if we stay healthy could make us DB contenders.  I'd then trade back in the first to add another 2nd that we lost.  The more I think about it the more I think this would be best case scenario.

He's been off the Foles bandwagon since he saw Minshew.

(This post was last modified: 11-25-2019, 09:13 PM by flgatorsandjags.)

I dont think Foles is the problem.  The coaching staff and front office.  We need a clean sweep, coaching staff and GM

(11-25-2019, 03:55 PM)TrivialPursuit Wrote:
(11-25-2019, 03:40 PM)JackCity Wrote: Well, what do you think now?

He's been off the Foles bandwagon since he saw Minshew.

Yes, Minshew I believe is the truth and the future hopefully starting next year.

(03-02-2019, 03:13 PM)NYC4jags Wrote:
(03-02-2019, 03:09 PM)SeldomRite Wrote: Right, which is what some people seem to want to do with foles. Bortles had stretches of great play in 2017, just like foles did.

I just hope the jaguars aren't going to double down on the same thing they did with Bortles. It's very rare to find healthy franchise QBs in free agency. They should be focused on the draft, not on paying big money to the next Case Keenum

Sure, but Foles is a very clear upgrade to Bortles. 

The question is:
Is he enough of an upgrade to justify the cost and cap impact. 

I’d prefer Haskins even if they have to trade up a bit to get him, but I think they could do well with Foles.

It'll be interesting to see how this thread continues to age. Right now Foles looks as impotent as Bortles did last season.

(11-25-2019, 09:50 PM)SeldomRite Wrote:
(03-02-2019, 03:13 PM)NYC4jags Wrote: Sure, but Foles is a very clear upgrade to Bortles. 

The question is:
Is he enough of an upgrade to justify the cost and cap impact. 

I’d prefer Haskins even if they have to trade up a bit to get him, but I think they could do well with Foles.

It'll be interesting to see how this thread continues to age. Right now Foles looks as impotent as Bortles did last season.

And that's with Bortles playing with an Offense that lost 4 of the starting OL, using a 3rd/4th string LT. 5th string TE and zero receivers besides Dede...

That Bortles was still better than Foles is on his best day. Foles is complete dog [BLEEP]. He always has been and he always will be.

Lol the king of digging up old threads as gotchas is now having the tables turned.

It was so clear how much of a desperation move this was from the outset. And that's before we knew how much we were going to overpay him.

Also, kudos to the guy who said we should just get Tannehill on a cheap 2-3 year deal. When healthy Tannehill has always been averageish, just like Foles, with awful surrounding talent.

(11-26-2019, 03:27 AM)Eric1 Wrote:
(11-25-2019, 09:50 PM)SeldomRite Wrote: It'll be interesting to see how this thread continues to age. Right now Foles looks as impotent as Bortles did last season.

And that's with Bortles playing with an Offense that lost 4 of the starting OL, using a 3rd/4th string LT. 5th string TE and zero receivers besides Dede...

That Bortles was still better than Foles is on his best day. Foles is complete dog [BLEEP]. He always has been and he always will be.

LOL
Bortles love is still a thing? 

Nick Foles is a better QB than Blake Bortles even in these past two games. 

I don’t get the odd animosity toward Foles. Doesn’t seem like your usual more reasonable takes. 
Foles screwing up an unacceptable number of attempts currently is not good. I’m still curious to see if he improves on that.  He looks different to me than the little bit we saw from camp/preseason/week one. Maybe he gets back to that form.

(11-26-2019, 01:41 PM)NYC4jags Wrote:
(11-26-2019, 03:27 AM)Eric1 Wrote: And that's with Bortles playing with an Offense that lost 4 of the starting OL, using a 3rd/4th string LT. 5th string TE and zero receivers besides Dede...

LOL

I don’t get the odd animosity toward Foles. Doesn’t seem like your usual more reasonable takes. 
Foles screwing up an unacceptable number of attempts currently is not good. I’m still curious to see if he improves on that.  He looks different to me than the little bit we saw from camp/preseason/week one. Maybe he gets back to that form.

It's simply because of him throwing into double and triple coverages. He's supposed to be the one to not do that.

He's playing like a rookie, basically. And I don't think he's played better than Bortles these past two games.. I mean if you look at his inflated garbage time stats... he's kinda like Bortles in 2015.

(11-26-2019, 01:49 PM)TrivialPursuit Wrote:
(11-26-2019, 01:41 PM)NYC4jags Wrote: LOL

It's simply because of him throwing into double and triple coverages. He's supposed to be the one to not do that.

He's playing like a rookie, basically. And I don't think he's played better than Bortles these past two games.. I mean if you look at his inflated garbage time stats... he's kinda like Bortles in 2015.
It’s very simple. Bortles made lots of bad throws. These two games Foles has made too many of those as well. But Foles has made a number of completions  that Blake used to go several games at a time  without ever pulling off.  Give me a call when Foles comes out and looks as inept as Blake did vs the bills in that wildcard game.

(11-26-2019, 01:56 PM)NYC4jags Wrote:
(11-26-2019, 01:49 PM)TrivialPursuit Wrote: It's simply because of him throwing into double and triple coverages. He's supposed to be the one to not do that.

It’s very simple. Bortles made lots of bad throws. These two games Foles has made too many of those as well. But Foles has made a number of completions  that Blake used to go several games at a time  without ever pulling off.  Give me a call when Foles comes out and looks as inept as Blake did vs the bills in that wildcard game.

You know lol...ah NYC, smh.  At least bortles would run for 1st down yardage if he wasn't cutting it with his arm.  Foles is Gabbert-esque with his duck and fetal in the pocket.  Let's not act like a few good throws on screens are that big of a deal.  Blake won how many games with his lackluster play?  I'll wait till the Foles era ends to see how many he wins.  This will continue to be fun, and are we bringing contract terms into this or just game to game comparison?
Season Tix, Section 409

2023 and still counting.....SB will finally be ours soon enough.
TLaw aka 'the prince that was promised' supporter.

Minshew fanboys are annoying for sure.

(11-26-2019, 07:13 PM)MikePete54 Wrote: Minshew fanboys are annoying for sure.

If you think Foles is as good as Minshew, you’re annoying too.

(This post was last modified: 11-26-2019, 08:26 PM by Eric1.)

(11-26-2019, 01:41 PM)NYC4jags Wrote:
(11-26-2019, 03:27 AM)Eric1 Wrote: And that's with Bortles playing with an Offense that lost 4 of the starting OL, using a 3rd/4th string LT. 5th string TE and zero receivers besides Dede...

LOL

Not really a Bortles love thing at all. He isn't any good either. I just didn't want Foles from the start. Frustration I guess mainly. I seen this move being a mistake way before they signed him and it's sadly looking like it'll be true.

It sure doesn't help that Minshew played and looked very capable of leading this team this season. This Offense was supposed to be made for Foles and yet it looks awful with him. -.-

(11-26-2019, 01:56 PM)NYC4jags Wrote:
(11-26-2019, 01:49 PM)TrivialPursuit Wrote: It's simply because of him throwing into double and triple coverages. He's supposed to be the one to not do that.

Yea Bortles was terrible in that game, but there was also 20+ MPH winds during that game. Tyrod Taylor was terrible as well. 17-37 134 yards 1 INT. The winds definitely played a role in that game. There was 17 combined punts lol.

(11-25-2019, 09:12 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote:
(11-25-2019, 03:40 PM)JackCity Wrote: Well, what do you think now?

I dont think Foles is the problem.  The coaching staff and front office.  We need a clean sweep, coaching staff and GM

(11-25-2019, 03:55 PM)TrivialPursuit Wrote: He's been off the Foles bandwagon since he saw Minshew.

Yes, Minshew I believe is the truth and the future hopefully starting next year.

So you only give your boy Foles 2 games before deciding Minshew is better? Strange no?

(11-27-2019, 12:32 PM)JackCity Wrote:
(11-25-2019, 09:12 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: I dont think Foles is the problem.  The coaching staff and front office.  We need a clean sweep, coaching staff and GM

So you only give your boy Foles 2 games before deciding Minshew is better? Strange no?
Minchew was setting rookie NFL records and won 6 of 8 rookie of the weeks.  Minchew isnt your typical rookie QB.  He has the potential to be an All time great looking at what he did in some of those games as a rookie and what he had to work with.  If Minchew had a better oline and TEs no telling how good he can be