Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
NFL.com - Tom Coughlin: All Jags players should be at workouts

(This post was last modified: 04-19-2019, 09:14 PM by JackCity.)

(04-19-2019, 08:50 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote:
(04-19-2019, 08:43 PM)JackCity Wrote: And it was just as terrible an idea then as it is now, same as the trading Ramsey plan.

Huh

If he wants to be here and don't cause any distractions than good.  But I hope he doesn't have a down year because if he does you best believe this will get brought back up.  Hopefully he is training his [BLEEP] off like the rest of the team and becomes the shutdown corner he was a couple years ago.  The good thing is we got a great leader on the most important position in football in Foles.  The defense is in desperate need of a leader after Poz left.  Campbell is one but the D plays behind him so it's hard to help.  I'm hoping Jack takes that next step as a leader this year and turns this into his defense

Honestly where is Telvin in all this? He played it smart.  Jalen acts like he was singled out and Tom said his name

If he has a down year it won't be because he missed some weightlifting with the team Vs doing it on his own. 

Yeah Foles's leadership is one of the big benefits of him being here, I think lack of leadership at the most important position can hurt every single part of the team, especially on game day itself.

(04-19-2019, 09:12 PM)copycat Wrote:
(04-19-2019, 08:52 PM)Eric1 Wrote: Again, none of that means I said Ramsey should be running the team.. Like you seem to be stuck on/claim I did.

I wasn't really a fan when they signed Coughlin on to run the team to begin with. I do think he's out of touch (and it didn't take long to see that, aka Fournette) and he hasn't done much to change anybody's mind. I don't care what he did with the Giants 10+ years ago. Today's NFL isn't the same.

And what you and Coughlin seem to be missing is that this is voluntary. As well as the fact that Jalen has trained with his father and brother in Nashville his entire life. Every off season. This isn't something new he just started doing as a jab to the team... His teammates fully support him and know he'll be back when its time.

This is the biggest non issue we could possibly have and Coughlin made it one by opening his mouth when it didn't need to be opened.

Wow how completely selfish of them... They aren't team players and they don't support the team.

Eric stop being obtuse.  Is there anyone on the planet that thinks Jalen will not be ready for game 1?  

There is something about shared experience, pain and suffering that draws you closer.  Does being here on April 17 make you a better player?  No, emphatically no.  It does however make you a better member of the team.  THAT is what the old [BLEEP] clown is trying to get across.

They can do all of that in the mandatory sessions and usually brutal camp we have done the last two years

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(This post was last modified: 04-19-2019, 09:28 PM by Eric1.)

(04-19-2019, 09:12 PM)copycat Wrote:
(04-19-2019, 08:52 PM)Eric1 Wrote: Again, none of that means I said Ramsey should be running the team.. Like you seem to be stuck on/claim I did.

I wasn't really a fan when they signed Coughlin on to run the team to begin with. I do think he's out of touch (and it didn't take long to see that, aka Fournette) and he hasn't done much to change anybody's mind. I don't care what he did with the Giants 10+ years ago. Today's NFL isn't the same.

And what you and Coughlin seem to be missing is that this is voluntary. As well as the fact that Jalen has trained with his father and brother in Nashville his entire life. Every off season. This isn't something new he just started doing as a jab to the team... His teammates fully support him and know he'll be back when its time.

This is the biggest non issue we could possibly have and Coughlin made it one by opening his mouth when it didn't need to be opened.

Wow how completely selfish of them... They aren't team players and they don't support the team.

Eric stop being obtuse.  Is there anyone on the planet that thinks Jalen will not be ready for game 1?  

There is something about shared experience, pain and suffering that draws you closer.  Does being here on April 17 make you a better player?  No, emphatically no.  It does however make you a better member of the team.  THAT is what the old [BLEEP] clown is trying to get across.

You just said it yourself, April 17...

How much pain and suffering is going to be endured right now with some conditioning drills and weight lifting? And even then, I think it's still limited per the CBA rules anyways. It's not the 90's anymore when Coughlin could run his team into the dirt every workout/practice.

I get what you're trying to say with the team building and grind, but that's not going to happen yet, it's not that time. Hell, the draft hasn't even taken place. We don't even have rookies in the building yet man. Pretty hard to have team building when there's a good chunk of players who aren't even on the team yet.

(04-19-2019, 09:04 PM)JackCity Wrote: He drafted an injury prone power back at #4 overall over some quality QBs when we needed a one badly That's about as out of touch as you can get.

I'm not sure people realize that the voluntary part of the offseason is essentially checking in body wise and making sure everything is ok + some very general scheme stuff that will be gone over multiple times in the mandatory sessions. Ramsey and Telvin aren't going to be relaxing on their couch.

#1  You did not answer the question I asked but by your response I will take it as "The game has passed him by"  I won't disagree when it comes to how fantasy football now dictates how the game is played.  On how and what "team" means and how it is achieved then I am fully in his corner.

As for #2, see above.
Original Season Ticket Holder - Retired  1995 - 2020

At some point you just have to let go of what you thought should happen and live in what is happening.

(04-19-2019, 09:33 PM)copycat Wrote:
(04-19-2019, 09:04 PM)JackCity Wrote: He drafted an injury prone power back at #4 overall over some quality QBs when we needed a one badly That's about as out of touch as you can get.

I'm not sure people realize that the voluntary part of the offseason is essentially checking in body wise and making sure everything is ok + some very general scheme stuff that will be gone over multiple times in the mandatory sessions. Ramsey and Telvin aren't going to be relaxing on their couch.

#1  You did not answer the question I asked but by your response I will take it as "The game has passed him by"  I won't disagree when it comes to how fantasy football now dictates how the game is played.  On how and what "team" means and how it is achieved then I am fully in his corner.

As for #2, see above.

That was an example of him being out of touch. Lol fantasy football isn't the reason a power back at #4 was an awful pick , especially when ones needs a QB and there are good ones in the board.

(04-19-2019, 09:33 PM)copycat Wrote:

As for #2, see above.
What’s the point of Coughlin going public with it?

If he has an issue with Telvin or Jalen, why not talk to them man to man?

Seems to me that if Coughlin is indeed “old school” then he should have handled it the “old school way” by keeping it in house.

(04-19-2019, 09:03 PM)Eric1 Wrote: You do realize the only thing these workouts are about is conditioning right? There's very little, if any, team work being done.. It's all conditioning right now.

You have no concept of shared sacrifice and the bond it creates.  If you have not been there you cannot understand what it is that means.  If you have been there and don't understand then you did not give it your all.  

Based on what I saw last year this team could use a lot more team mentality.  That is how I took Coughlin's words.  There is a bond, a brotherhood that is developed when you work together for a shared cause.

At some point you just have to let go of what you thought should happen and live in what is happening.

(This post was last modified: 04-19-2019, 09:55 PM by JackCity.)

(04-19-2019, 09:50 PM)copycat Wrote:
(04-19-2019, 09:03 PM)Eric1 Wrote: You do realize the only thing these workouts are about is conditioning right? There's very little, if any, team work being done.. It's all conditioning right now.

You have no concept of shared sacrifice and the bond it creates.  If you have not been there you cannot understand what it is that means.  If you have been there and don't understand then you did not give it your all.  

Based on what I saw last year this team could use a lot more team mentality.  That is how I took Coughlin's words.  There is a bond, a brotherhood that is developed when you work together for a shared cause.

The shared sacrifice of stretching their hip flexors will really bond this year together. Not the extremely tough mandatory offseason program.

If Ramsey skips all of that and camp ok, then we can talk about it

Coughlin knows more about football than anyone on this board in his sleep

(04-19-2019, 09:54 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: Coughlin knows more about football than anyone on this board in his sleep

So did Gene Smith

(This post was last modified: 04-20-2019, 08:32 AM by copycat.)

(04-19-2019, 09:42 PM)JackCity Wrote:
(04-19-2019, 09:33 PM)copycat Wrote: #1  You did not answer the question I asked but by your response I will take it as "The game has passed him by"  I won't disagree when it comes to how fantasy football now dictates how the game is played.  On how and what "team" means and how it is achieved then I am fully in his corner.

As for #2, see above.

That was an example of him being out of touch. Lol fantasy football isn't the reason a power back at #4 was an awful pick , especially when ones needs a QB and there are good ones in the board.

This is a discussion on a later date in a different thread.

(04-19-2019, 09:56 PM)JackCity Wrote:
(04-19-2019, 09:54 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: Coughlin knows more about football than anyone on this board in his sleep

So did Gene Smith
He did?  Haha, that's a good one.  

And what it takes to win multiple championships should I add

(04-19-2019, 09:44 PM)Cleatwood Wrote:
(04-19-2019, 09:33 PM)copycat Wrote: #1  You did not answer the question I asked but by your response I will take it as "The game has passed him by"  I won't disagree when it comes to how fantasy football now dictates how the game is played.  On how and what "team" means and how it is achieved then I am fully in his corner.

As for #2, see above.
What’s the point of Coughlin going public with it? 
If he has an issue with Telvin or Jalen, why not talk to them man to man?

Seems to me that if Coughlin is indeed “old school” then he should have handled it the “old school way” by keeping it in house.

Really?  How else should he make his thoughts and the other 31 teams thoughts for that matter be known?  Should he have called Jalen and Telvin up?  Said something to the effect of "I don't care if it is voluntary, get your butt's in here!"?  Talk about a no doubt breaking the CBA.  As it is, he did not call out anyone specifically.  It was a general though pointed statement.  

(04-19-2019, 09:59 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote:
(04-19-2019, 09:56 PM)JackCity Wrote: So did Gene Smith
He did?  Haha, that's a good one.  

And what it takes to win multiple championships should I add

That's the point. Knowing about football and actually making good decisions are two separate things. As Vito says Coughlin has never been regarded as a good personnel guy

(04-19-2019, 09:27 PM)Eric1 Wrote:
(04-19-2019, 09:12 PM)copycat Wrote: Eric stop being obtuse.  Is there anyone on the planet that thinks Jalen will not be ready for game 1?  

You just said it yourself, April 17...

How much pain and suffering is going to be endured right now with some conditioning drills and weight lifting? And even then, I think it's still limited per the CBA rules anyways. It's not the 90's anymore when Coughlin could run his team into the dirt every workout/practice.

I get what you're trying to say with the team building and grind, but that's not going to happen yet, it's not that time. Hell, the draft hasn't even taken place. We don't even have rookies in the building yet man. Pretty hard to have team building when there's a good chunk of players who aren't even on the team yet.

While I don’t have an issue with jalen and telvin skipping this, if they happened to be offensive players, I might feel differently.

Foles answered a question the other day about the new offense and the learning curve associated and in that answer he asserted that they have begun the install. 

So, while this is a conditioning thing, it would appear that the offense is at least being given something to begin chewing on so they can get familiar with the new terminology.

(This post was last modified: 04-20-2019, 09:59 AM by Mowerguy.)

People showing up only when they have to......because of some "personal" reason ...is a little strange.
Maybe TC didn't say this right .

Case in point....look at all the others that do show up....Campbell, Ngakoue, Bouye, Linder ...in short the whole rest of the team!...no muss,no fuss, no drama......they're just happy to be here.
"Stay tight, stay close. Great things are going to continue to happen for this football team."  - Doug Peterson

Telvin and Jalen know what they're doing and so does the team. Coughlin never called them out, etc, etc. He only said all the players should be there, but he's talking more about his overall expectation. In no way was he threatening Ramsey or Telvin, and we all know it's all good so far. It's crazy how much is being made out of this by Ramsey's agent, the NFLPA and the media in general.

With all that said, would everything still be all good if it was a different player like some of you are suggesting?

Just as a for instance, what if that player was Cam Robinson or DJ Chark?
'02

(04-20-2019, 11:05 AM)Jags02 Wrote: Telvin and Jalen know what they're doing and so does the team. Coughlin never called them out, etc, etc. He only said all the players should be there, but he's talking more about his overall expectation. In no way was he threatening Ramsey or Telvin, and we all know it's all good so far. It's crazy how much is being made out of this by Ramsey's agent, the NFLPA and the media in general.

With all that said, would everything still be all good if it was a different player like some of you are suggesting?

Just as a for instance, what if that player was Cam Robinson or DJ Chark?

Or Nick Foles.
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

Ramsey is already one of 5 if not top best jag of all time and if they drive him to wanting to leave or not sign I'm done...
No Fun

(04-19-2019, 08:08 PM)Eric1 Wrote:
(04-19-2019, 07:59 PM)copycat Wrote: Ahh, the old  I didn't say what I inferred tactic I see.

So from me saying that "I think Coughlin is doing more harm than good", means I said Ramsey should be in control of the team?

Are you being serious right now? Because if you are, you got some comprehension problems dude.

If Foles skipped would it be ok?

(04-20-2019, 01:45 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote:
(04-19-2019, 08:08 PM)Eric1 Wrote: So from me saying that "I think Coughlin is doing more harm than good", means I said Ramsey should be in control of the team?

Are you being serious right now? Because if you are, you got some comprehension problems dude.

If Foles skipped would it be ok?

I'd want to see how red Coughlin's face gets when he hears the news for the first time.
'02