Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Yan still doing nothing

Contracts go up the longer you wait to pay a player?! Ya don't say.....

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

I wonder how many of these stats Yannick’s agent knows about before he goes into negotiations? Someone sign this man before NYC keeps posting stats for his agent to use against us.

Sadly, it kind of feels like we've been here before. Judging by Yan's twitter posts it doesn't sound like he expects or wants to stay. At this point I'll be surprised if he plays another down as a Jag. Sad

(01-03-2020, 01:12 PM)JagJohn Wrote: Sadly, it kind of feels like we've been here before. Judging by Yan's twitter posts it doesn't sound like he expects or wants to stay. At this point I'll be surprised if he plays another down as a Jag. Sad

I hope he enjoys sitting out 2020 then because the Jags will franchise tag him.

(01-03-2020, 01:16 PM)TrivialPursuit Wrote:
(01-03-2020, 01:12 PM)JagJohn Wrote: Sadly, it kind of feels like we've been here before. Judging by Yan's twitter posts it doesn't sound like he expects or wants to stay. At this point I'll be surprised if he plays another down as a Jag. Sad

I hope he enjoys sitting out 2020 then because the Jags will franchise tag him.

I remember us having very similar thoughts about ARob.

(01-03-2020, 01:19 PM)JagJohn Wrote:
(01-03-2020, 01:16 PM)TrivialPursuit Wrote: I hope he enjoys sitting out 2020 then because the Jags will franchise tag him.

I remember us having very similar thoughts about ARob.

No one thought he was worth the franchise tag.

(01-03-2020, 01:21 PM)TrivialPursuit Wrote:
(01-03-2020, 01:19 PM)JagJohn Wrote: I remember us having very similar thoughts about ARob.

You have a very selective memory.

(01-03-2020, 01:31 PM)JagJohn Wrote:
(01-03-2020, 01:21 PM)TrivialPursuit Wrote: No one thought he was worth the franchise tag.

You have a very selective memory.

No one in a position of power on the Jaguars staff thought he was worth a franchise tag.

Better?

He does not seem to want to stay. Save some money and move on. Tag and trade him. Get another 1st. Someone will do it. Too many holes to fill, no matter how good he is.

(01-03-2020, 01:21 PM)TrivialPursuit Wrote:
(01-03-2020, 01:19 PM)JagJohn Wrote: I remember us having very similar thoughts about ARob.

I lobbied for the tag on Robinson. Thought it was a risk with the ACL injury but I wanted him back.

(01-03-2020, 01:35 PM)TrivialPursuit Wrote:
(01-03-2020, 01:31 PM)JagJohn Wrote: You have a very selective memory.

No one in a position of power on the Jaguars staff thought he was worth a franchise tag.

Better?

Not really. You can say that Coughlin clearly didn't because he was head honcho, but who knows if Caldwell wanted him or not.

Anyway, my point remains that usually when a player becomes vocal about wanting out, that player usually gets his wish.

(01-03-2020, 02:05 PM)NYC4jags Wrote:
(01-03-2020, 01:21 PM)TrivialPursuit Wrote: No one thought he was worth the franchise tag.

I lobbied for the tag on Robinson. Thought it was a risk with the ACL injury but I wanted him back.
We don't need ARob. We have Moncrief!

The Arob situation was basically the textbook case for the franchise tag. Extremely talented player coming off a major injury that you have concerns about. Give him a year to prove that he is healthy and then reassess.

(01-03-2020, 02:33 PM)Upper Wrote: The Arob situation was basically the textbook case for the franchise tag. Extremely talented player coming off a major injury that you have concerns about. Give him a year to prove that he is healthy and then reassess.
Chark and ARob..... My heart.

(01-03-2020, 02:16 PM)Cleatwood Wrote:
(01-03-2020, 02:05 PM)NYC4jags Wrote: I lobbied for the tag on Robinson. Thought it was a risk with the ACL injury but I wanted him back.
We don't need ARob. We have Moncrief!

Just look how similar their measurables are!!!!

(This post was last modified: 01-03-2020, 04:05 PM by P. Haze.)

(12-30-2019, 02:25 PM)imtheblkranger Wrote:
(12-30-2019, 02:21 PM)Cleatwood Wrote: Hahahaha clueless as usual. 

Please provide examples of how he didn’t act like a professional with regards to his contract. The dude has been nothing but class.

And of course Calais is cool. He’s getting paid extremely well.

I wonder if Calais would be cool with taking a pay cut to free up some money for Yan....
Ask one man to give up millions to give em to another man. Campbell isn't hearing that.

This thread's last few pages look totally different than the first few. Funny how tones and attitudes flip like that.

We got Josh Allen.

(01-03-2020, 05:27 PM)JagFanatic24 Wrote: We got Josh Allen.

And? We need them both.