Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Jaguars coaching candidates? (merged coaching threads)

(01-14-2021, 02:05 PM)Upper Wrote:
(01-14-2021, 12:56 PM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote: The only GM choice worse than Baalke would be Ryan Grigson.

You sure?

https://twitter.com/mlombardiNFL/status/...8835362820

First time I looked, I swear I saw Ray Finkle..... The laces were in, they were in!!!!
Let's Get Em!!!! Go Jags!

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(01-14-2021, 02:35 PM)jvillejagsn1 Wrote:
(01-14-2021, 02:05 PM)Upper Wrote: You sure?

https://twitter.com/mlombardiNFL/status/...8835362820

First time I looked, I swear I saw Ray Finkle..... The laces were in, they were in!!!!

Or was it Einhorn?

(01-14-2021, 02:31 PM)WingerDinger Wrote:
(01-14-2021, 02:05 PM)Bchbunnie4 Wrote: You should see the pics of me riding the gold jaguar like a drugstore pony!  Banana

So many comments..

So many jokes..

I'll just politely lol and walk away..

lol Big Grin

I lobbed it across the plate for you... Ninja
What in the Wide Wide World of Sports is agoin' on here???

(01-14-2021, 02:34 PM)homebiscuit Wrote:
(01-14-2021, 02:31 PM)WingerDinger Wrote: So many comments..

So many jokes..

lol Big Grin

The temptation is strong.

It's like asking an alcoholic to hold your beer for a sec..
[Image: SaKG4.gif]

(01-14-2021, 09:38 AM)FBT Wrote:
(01-14-2021, 09:32 AM)jessepeck1213 Wrote: Just got an ESPN update that says it's a done deal with Meyer to the Jags. At the very ekast we are going to wgt a lot of national media coverage this year!

https://twitter.com/AdamSchefter/status/...62688?s=20

Shad needs a new process. 2-4 more years of stinking up the joint. Rinse. Repeat.
[Image: giphy.gif]
Fix the O-Line!

(01-14-2021, 02:42 PM)Bchbunnie4 Wrote:
(01-14-2021, 02:31 PM)WingerDinger Wrote: So many comments..

So many jokes..

lol Big Grin

I lobbed it across the plate for you... Ninja

See that warning level missy? 

0%

It's a very rare record and I'm very proud of it Big Grin
[Image: SaKG4.gif]

Honestly Farmer is probably better than Baalke

(01-14-2021, 02:05 PM)Bchbunnie4 Wrote:
(01-14-2021, 02:00 PM)homebiscuit Wrote: She knows the guy who is married to the cousin of the secretary of Meyer's insurance agent...when he was in Utah.  It's like sitting on Khan's yacht.

You should see the pics of me riding the gold jaguar like a drugstore pony!  Banana

[Image: ?u=http%3A%2F%2Fgifimage.net%2Fwp-conten...f=1&nofb=1]

I feel like there’s going to be a hell of a lot of crow to eat on this forum when we make the AFC Championship game this year and Lawrence makes the pro bowl

(01-14-2021, 02:56 PM)Ordar Wrote: I feel like there’s going to be a hell of a lot of crow to eat on this forum when we make the AFC Championship game this year and Lawrence makes the pro bowl

Easy there, big fella.

Looks like Urban is definitely happening.

So who’s he going to bring in as staff?

(01-14-2021, 03:10 PM)BristolianJaguar Wrote: Looks like Urban is definitely happening.

Doug Pederson?

(01-14-2021, 02:56 PM)Ordar Wrote: I feel like there’s going to be a hell of a lot of crow to eat on this forum when we make the AFC Championship game this year and Lawrence makes the pro bowl

Wouldn't hold my breath, kiddo.

(01-14-2021, 03:17 PM)JaguarKick Wrote:

Wouldn't hold my breath, kiddo.

Maybe you should try?  Might reduce your angst a bit.
Never argue with idiots. They drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.
[Image: attachment.php?aid=59]

(01-14-2021, 03:12 PM)Tank Commander Wrote:
(01-14-2021, 03:10 PM)BristolianJaguar Wrote: Looks like Urban is definitely happening.

Doug Pederson?

He’d actually be a good OC.
[Image: giphy.gif]
Fix the O-Line!

How does everyone feel about Charlie Strong?
What in the Wide Wide World of Sports is agoin' on here???

(01-14-2021, 03:24 PM)I am Yoda Wrote:
(01-14-2021, 03:12 PM)Tank Commander Wrote: Doug Pederson?

He’d actually be a good OC.

Absolutely.  I'm thinking he will sit on his hands waiting for another team in need of a head coach before he'd be willing to take a step back to OC.  However, working with Lawrence might be an intriguing carrot for someone like him.
Never argue with idiots. They drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.

Pictures of him getting of the plane in Jax, so this is happening. High(ish) risk, huge reward in my eyes. The staff is going to be crucial. He has a very good record with assembling staff as the college level, so let’s hope that continues.

Whatever your views on him, hope all fans get behind him and the team. Hold on to your hats, because with him and Lawrence we’ll be media darlings

One possibility that comes to mind is Brayden Coombs as Special Teams Coordinator. He was the Lions STC in 2020 until after the Dec. 20 loss at Tennessee, when he went rogue with a Fake Punt call. Coombs did a very good overall job with the Lions Special Teams in 2020 and was praised by many players for his overall work. Because his father, Kerry Coombs coached under Urban Meyer with Ohio St.,  I think that Meyer will be comfortable bringing Brayden Coombs to his staff. A young coach with risk but a huge upside.  

(01-14-2021, 03:44 PM)D6 Wrote:

One possibility that comes to mind is Brayden Coombs as Special Teams Coordinator. He was the Lions STC in 2020 until after the Dec. 20 loss at Tennessee, when he went rogue with a Fake Punt call. Coombs did a very good overall job with the Lions Special Teams in 2020 and was praised by many players for his overall work. Because his father, Kerry Coombs coached under Urban Meyer with Ohio St.,  I think that Meyer will be comfortable bringing Brayden Coombs to his staff. A young coach with risk but a huge upside.  

It wouldn't surprise me to see them retain DeCamillis.  Keenan McCardell might find a landing spot on Urban's staff as well.