Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Head Coach Candidates (Merged Threads)

Meanwhile in Indy

https://www.stampedeblue.com/2022/2/4/22...r-position

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(02-04-2022, 06:34 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: Meanwhile in Indy

Bradley was a crappy head coach but is a quality DC. Hopefully he's not into the lateral move.
I'm condescending. That means I talk down to you.

(02-04-2022, 06:57 PM)MarleyJag Wrote:

Bradley was a crappy head coach but is a quality DC. Hopefully he's not into the lateral move.

Yeah, Bradley is definitely a better coordinator than HC, but I hate that defensive scheme.  You either have to be better than the other team at nearly every position, or every guy has to be perfect on every play.  Just too easy for screwups to happen there.

(02-04-2022, 06:57 PM)MarleyJag Wrote:

His defense is still pretty vanilla.   I'm glad they are going with Gus instead of Cullen.  Will be a much easier defense to deal with

Single high is getting picked apart like mad in today's NFL. If Gus doesn't start mixing in a ton more cover 2 it's going to be a bad time in Indy. Good time for us.

(This post was last modified: 02-04-2022, 11:14 PM by JaggedSioux. Edited 1 time in total.)

(02-04-2022, 05:32 PM)Firesky Wrote:
(02-04-2022, 10:32 AM)JaggedSioux Wrote: One thing that you failed to recognize is that an OC must mold his offense within the directive of the head coach. Pete Carroll is old school. He likes a strong defense with minimal turnovers on offense, i.e., fewer risks. Bevell's offenses, with a young QB, did just that and got to 2 Super Bowls.
Patricia wanted a similar approach at Detroit. When he lost interest and basically turned things over to Bev, Stafford cooked. He actually said he'd seriously consider staying with the Lions and rescind his trade request if Bev was given the head job when it opened.
Look, you're obviously just a boxscore type of guy. Your knee-jerk comments are from proof you see right in front of your nose.
But there are many layers to a good offense. Bev was tasked with molding a rookie. There were going to be struggles. But they got through it and Trevor showed progress.

So you're saying that a HC that values running the ball, and playing mistake free to complement a good defense like Carroll. Just allowed Bev to make what is panned as the worst playcall in sb history leading to an interception on the goalline rather than handing the ball to Marshawn Lynch with 1 yard needed for a ring. Yes HC's construct the vision of the team, and the OC adapts that to personnel, Bev at every stop (Seattle, Detroit, and here) has been too pass happy [look at that superbowl loss for exhibit A] and his complete disregard for balance on offense has been his demise at every stop. Stafford came out with that praise "oh i totally would've stayed if this & that etc." AFTER he got traded. real ringing endorsement. Obviously a QB in an offense that refuses to run the ball will post gaudy stats, that's the result of being pass happy and unbalanced ...  In Bev's 1st season in Detroit (doing what Patricia's vision is) they're 16th in rushing attempts ... the next season as the keys are handed to Bev they're 30th in rushing attempts. and all that "cooking" resulted in an extra 1.5 wins. The Jags aversion to the run this year is just how Bevell likes to play offense .. the evidence is there in Bevell's previous stops!! It's literally just who he is as a coach and its supported by statistical evidence!

What about my comments makes you think I just watch boxscores? What about it is knee-jerk? I have 13 games of tape/proof that Bevell was TERRIBLE as an Offensive Coordinator who lacked any semblance of balance, he wasn't much better in Detroit which is why he was here last year. Also we were literally just talking about the Patriots game and how (despite trevor's picks/bad decisons) the offense moved the ball better with Bevell less involved; that's the opposite of watching box-scores and knee jerk reactions. The mental gymnastics you have are astounding. Also you keep changing the narrative and not answer questions so I will ask again:

"If the creative playcalls, misdirection plays, and overall success we saw in the season finale were always part of Bev's offense/design and credit is due to him not Schotty calling the plays to end the season, .... then why didn't Bev call those same plays that are allegedly in his playbook during the first 13 games when he had control?!?" Even with Urban gone as he kept playcalling duties, those plays weren't called. Why did Schotty call those plays but not Bev? Answer that.

Trevor showed progress this year IN SPITE OF Bevell and the coaching staff. Either you're Bevell's burner account or you're braindead i'm not sure which.

Yes you are a knee-jerk boxscore fanatic who can't see farther than the nose on your face. The plays were basically the same. The execution, which had been lacking pretty much all season, came together in the Indy game. Maybe that could be attributed to better practices once Urban was gone.
As for Seattle and the Super Bowl call. First off, Pete Carroll called for the pass as part of a plan to maximize down and distance. Bev made the playcall, a play that had worked 90% of the time in short yardage situations that season. The main flaw in it was that Lockette drifted too much toward the goalline on his route, allowing Butler the chance for the pick when Wilson threw the pass high.
Marshawn, who had been given the ball the play before and could've scored then, was no certainty to score. His track record in and-1 situations wasn't that great. He could have fumbled, as well.
And I totally disagree about Bevell being pass-happy. But when you're down 20 points at the half or you have no run game because your best back or backs are injured, you have to pass. 
And really when you think of it, who cares this year. You could look at those as good in-game reps for Trevor. The team was going nowhere this year, so why not let Trevor learn while live bullets are flying?

(02-04-2022, 11:09 PM)JaggedSioux Wrote:
(02-04-2022, 05:32 PM)Firesky Wrote: So you're saying that a HC that values running the ball, and playing mistake free to complement a good defense like Carroll. Just allowed Bev to make what is panned as the worst playcall in sb history leading to an interception on the goalline rather than handing the ball to Marshawn Lynch with 1 yard needed for a ring. Yes HC's construct the vision of the team, and the OC adapts that to personnel, Bev at every stop (Seattle, Detroit, and here) has been too pass happy [look at that superbowl loss for exhibit A] and his complete disregard for balance on offense has been his demise at every stop. Stafford came out with that praise "oh i totally would've stayed if this & that etc." AFTER he got traded. real ringing endorsement. Obviously a QB in an offense that refuses to run the ball will post gaudy stats, that's the result of being pass happy and unbalanced ...  In Bev's 1st season in Detroit (doing what Patricia's vision is) they're 16th in rushing attempts ... the next season as the keys are handed to Bev they're 30th in rushing attempts. and all that "cooking" resulted in an extra 1.5 wins. The Jags aversion to the run this year is just how Bevell likes to play offense .. the evidence is there in Bevell's previous stops!! It's literally just who he is as a coach and its supported by statistical evidence!

What about my comments makes you think I just watch boxscores? What about it is knee-jerk? I have 13 games of tape/proof that Bevell was TERRIBLE as an Offensive Coordinator who lacked any semblance of balance, he wasn't much better in Detroit which is why he was here last year. Also we were literally just talking about the Patriots game and how (despite trevor's picks/bad decisons) the offense moved the ball better with Bevell less involved; that's the opposite of watching box-scores and knee jerk reactions. The mental gymnastics you have are astounding. Also you keep changing the narrative and not answer questions so I will ask again:

"If the creative playcalls, misdirection plays, and overall success we saw in the season finale were always part of Bev's offense/design and credit is due to him not Schotty calling the plays to end the season, .... then why didn't Bev call those same plays that are allegedly in his playbook during the first 13 games when he had control?!?" Even with Urban gone as he kept playcalling duties, those plays weren't called. Why did Schotty call those plays but not Bev? Answer that.

Trevor showed progress this year IN SPITE OF Bevell and the coaching staff. Either you're Bevell's burner account or you're braindead i'm not sure which.

Yes you are a knee-jerk boxscore fanatic who can't see farther than the nose on your face. The plays were basically the same. The execution, which had been lacking pretty much all season, came together in the Indy game. Maybe that could be attributed to better practices once Urban was gone.
As for Seattle and the Super Bowl call. First off, Pete Carroll called for the pass as part of a plan to maximize down and distance. Bev made the playcall, a play that had worked 90% of the time in short yardage situations that season. The main flaw in it was that Lockette drifted too much toward the goalline on his route, allowing Butler the chance for the pick when Wilson threw the pass high.
Marshawn, who had been given the ball the play before and could've scored then, was no certainty to score. His track record in and-1 situations wasn't that great. He could have fumbled, as well.
And I totally disagree about Bevell being pass-happy. But when you're down 20 points at the half or you have no run game because your best back or backs are injured, you have to pass. 
And really when you think of it, who cares this year. You could look at those as good in-game reps for Trevor. The team was going nowhere this year, so why not let Trevor learn while live bullets are flying?

The lengths you'll go to to excuse Bevell's ineptitude is astounding. I'm using my eyes, knee jerk would be week 1 after the texans game. I watched him call plays for like 80% of the season and he was bad, I don't need a boxscore to tell me how inept he was ... we all witnessed it. His playcalling and refusal to run has been a problem even in Seattle when they played with leads and had plenty of talent... your arguments make no sense. The "Let Russ Cook" movement was to oust Bevell, because even with a high pass volume the offense wasn't clicking. What more proof do you need?

https://detroitjockcity.com/2020/11/13/d...ll-bevell/ It's the same movie here and the ending hasn't changed. Bevell is a bad OC, and his continued presence would have stunted Trevor Lawrence's growth as a QB.
Championship Formula:

1) Draft Trevor Lawrence!
2) Play good physical Defense! 
3) Keep 91% of the roster healthy!
4) ???
5) Blank #2
6) CHAMPIONSHIP!!!

Isn't bevel gone already? Why argue anymore over the spilt milk

(02-05-2022, 12:55 AM)Jag88 Wrote: Isn't bevel gone already? Why argue anymore over the spilt milk
I guess the Bevell lover is in the denial step now. They can ask daddy Bevell to draw up some great plays to prove he is good and put them on the fridge.

Sent from my SM-G781U using Tapatalk

(This post was last modified: 02-05-2022, 05:34 AM by JaggedSioux.)

(02-05-2022, 12:45 AM)Firesky Wrote:
(02-04-2022, 11:09 PM)JaggedSioux Wrote: Yes you are a knee-jerk boxscore fanatic who can't see farther than the nose on your face. The plays were basically the same. The execution, which had been lacking pretty much all season, came together in the Indy game. Maybe that could be attributed to better practices once Urban was gone.

The lengths you'll go to to excuse Bevell's ineptitude is astounding. I'm using my eyes, knee jerk would be week 1 after the texans game. I watched him call plays for like 80% of the season and he was bad, I don't need a boxscore to tell me how inept he was ... we all witnessed it. His playcalling and refusal to run has been a problem even in Seattle when they played with leads and had plenty of talent... your arguments make no sense. The "Let Russ Cook" movement was to oust Bevell, because even with a high pass volume the offense wasn't clicking. What more proof do you need? 

https://detroitjockcity.com/2020/11/13/d...ll-bevell/ It's the same movie here and the ending hasn't changed. Bevell is a bad OC, and his continued presence would have stunted Trevor Lawrence's growth as a QB.
Na, your points are garbage.
If you followed the Seahawks, you'd know their midus operandi was to keep the game close and then strike in the fourth quarter. They'd ground and pound the running game through 3 quarters and then use chunk plays at the end to take command. Fans hated it, but it was a winning formula.

Let Russ Cook was basically the invention of Bevell. Yes, it featured a passing game, the idea keeping Wilson in the pocket to avoid further injury. Wilson, of course, loved it.

And who are you to say Bevell wouldn't have developed Trevor more thsn he did. His track record is pretty damn good at doing that very thing.

(02-05-2022, 01:03 AM)p_rushing Wrote:
(02-05-2022, 12:55 AM)Jag88 Wrote: Isn't bevel gone already? Why argue anymore over the spilt milk
I guess the Bevell lover is in the denial step now. They can ask daddy Bevell to draw up some great plays to prove he is good and put them on the fridge.

You must've had your breast milk mixed up with kerosene as a child because you are one weird clucker.

(02-04-2022, 09:30 AM)Mikey Wrote:
(02-03-2022, 06:41 PM)Caldrac Wrote: Leftwich went from being the darling of duval per the media to now withdrawing his name from the running for it. Amazing.

Regardless of your views of Leftwich or any of these candidates. Regardless of your views with Khan as a business man or how some of the fans have behaved on here or out in public?

So far? Not a good look for Khan as an owner. Which is saying a lot. How many of us have said "this is rock bottom right?" or "can't possibly get any lower can it?".

41 - 113. Back-to-back number one overall picks. The Meyer carousel. Baalke being universally panned yet still being held onto by ownership. This is outrageously bad. I feel like the show is just getting started to be honest. Can't wait for free agency and the combine and the draft.

Keeping bags of popcorn ready. Good god what a [BLEEP] show this has turned out to be.

"How to [BLEEP] it all up" - By Shahid Khan

My curiosity is how FA looks. Do players avoid the franchise, or does the new hire cure all ills?
Will Baalke be able to bring in decent scouts, personnel types if the outward appearance is he's on thin ice? (Is he?) If we also land Spielman, does that iron out a few of the wrinkles made over the past two weeks?

Time will certainly tell.
Seems less likely Spielman is coming in. If he is the timing is odd unlesd it's a matter lf hashing out the title, role and expectations with Baalke in the mix.

I think players will come here provided the pay is there in the contract talks. Pederson should make this place a little bit more attractive.

I think it's going to have to be accomplished in the draft more than anything though. 2022 should be about elevating the standard and quality control becoming consistent.

Give me 6, 7 wins and 2023 is where you look at free agent pushes and a legitimate shot at the play off's.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
[Image: 4SXW6gC.png]

"What do I know of cultured ways, the gilt, the craft and the lie? I, who was born in a naked land and bred in the open sky. The subtle tongue, the sophist guile, they fail when the broadswords sing; Rush in and die, dogs - I was a man before I was a king."

(02-05-2022, 05:47 AM)Caldrac Wrote:
(02-04-2022, 09:30 AM)Mikey Wrote: My curiosity is how FA looks. Do players avoid the franchise, or does the new hire cure all ills?
Will Baalke be able to bring in decent scouts, personnel types if the outward appearance is he's on thin ice? (Is he?) If we also land Spielman, does that iron out a few of the wrinkles made over the past two weeks?

Time will certainly tell.
Seems less likely Spielman is coming in. If he is the timing is odd unlesd it's a matter lf hashing out the title, role and expectations with Baalke in the mix.

I think players will come here provided the pay is there in the contract talks. Pederson should make this place a little bit more attractive.

I think it's going to have to be accomplished in the draft more than anything though. 2022 should be about elevating the standard and quality control becoming consistent.

Give me 6, 7 wins and 2023 is where you look at free agent pushes and a legitimate shot at the play off's.

I'm hoping the delay is because the Jags have to satisfy the Rooney rule and interview some minorities.

(02-05-2022, 07:09 AM)The Real Marty Wrote:
(02-05-2022, 05:47 AM)Caldrac Wrote: Seems less likely Spielman is coming in. If he is the timing is odd unlesd it's a matter lf hashing out the title, role and expectations with Baalke in the mix.

I'm hoping the delay is because the Jags have to satisfy the Rooney rule and interview some minorities.

They should have already [BLEEP] canned Baalke and interviewed legitimate candidates to begin with. Rick Smith, Will McClay & JoJo Wooden would have been great additions by now.
[Image: 4SXW6gC.png]

"What do I know of cultured ways, the gilt, the craft and the lie? I, who was born in a naked land and bred in the open sky. The subtle tongue, the sophist guile, they fail when the broadswords sing; Rush in and die, dogs - I was a man before I was a king."

(02-05-2022, 07:09 AM)The Real Marty Wrote:
(02-05-2022, 05:47 AM)Caldrac Wrote: Seems less likely Spielman is coming in. If he is the timing is odd unlesd it's a matter lf hashing out the title, role and expectations with Baalke in the mix.

There is no Rooney rule for the EVP because it’s a made up position.

(02-05-2022, 05:32 AM)JaggedSioux Wrote:
(02-05-2022, 12:45 AM)Firesky Wrote: The lengths you'll go to to excuse Bevell's ineptitude is astounding. I'm using my eyes, knee jerk would be week 1 after the texans game. I watched him call plays for like 80% of the season and he was bad, I don't need a boxscore to tell me how inept he was ... we all witnessed it. His playcalling and refusal to run has been a problem even in Seattle when they played with leads and had plenty of talent... your arguments make no sense. The "Let Russ Cook" movement was to oust Bevell, because even with a high pass volume the offense wasn't clicking. What more proof do you need? 

Na, your points are garbage.
If you followed the Seahawks, you'd know their midus operandi was to keep the game close and then strike in the fourth quarter. They'd ground and pound the running game through 3 quarters and then use chunk plays at the end to take command. Fans hated it, but it was a winning formula.

Let Russ Cook was basically the invention of Bevell. Yes, it featured a passing game, the idea keeping Wilson in the pocket to avoid further injury. Wilson, of course, loved it.

And who are you to say Bevell wouldn't have developed Trevor more thsn he did. His track record is pretty damn good at doing that very thing.

(02-05-2022, 01:03 AM)p_rushing Wrote: I guess the Bevell lover is in the denial step now. They can ask daddy Bevell to draw up some great plays to prove he is good and put them on the fridge.

You must've had your breast milk mixed up with kerosene as a child because you are one weird clucker.

Bevells track record is Russell Wilson, and even then they thought he was holding them back, he doesn’t have a track record in developing qbs and he did little to develop Lawrence!

I guess facts are garbage then. His lack of balance as an OC just shows how out of touch he can be with game flow, you still haven’t answered any legitimate questions or had a valid defense of the job Bevell did this year, you just degenerate to trash talking.

Like I said before you’re either Bevells burner or you’re brain dead and it’s more likely the latter. I can tell you don’t watch football lmao.
Championship Formula:

1) Draft Trevor Lawrence!
2) Play good physical Defense! 
3) Keep 91% of the roster healthy!
4) ???
5) Blank #2
6) CHAMPIONSHIP!!!

Closing this thread because of the Pederson announcement.
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato