Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
2023 Offseason Roster Moves

As for Baker, Young, Yan and the remainder of the available FAs I say NO because of our salary cap concerns. Our mindset is to build through the draft while protecting the cap. I hope that we retain what little cap that we have, pay the rookies and keep building.

Time Will Tell.

NH3...
"AZANE"

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(04-20-2023, 04:39 PM)NYC4jags Wrote:
(04-20-2023, 06:54 AM)flsprtsgod Wrote: The Draft will determine what happens there. If they take a TE in the 1st then EE is playing on the tag this year and then leaving. That, or it gives the team leverage to drive his price down a bit if he wants to stay. If they don't take a TE that high then I'd expect to see a 3 to 5 year contract signed right after the voluntary stuff ends.

Yes. 
My take as well on the Engram deal and draft intent.

Well another angle could be the dollars. I can see him asking for WR money not TE money. I would bet that is why he is not signed yet.... kind of thin but a chance.
A new broom always sweeps clean.

(04-26-2023, 09:02 AM)imtheblkranger Wrote: The only issue with that trade is we would need to clear another $1.5m in cap space by tomorrow/Friday unless we got Arizona to eat some of it in the trade. We're at $15.5m and Baker's hit is currently $16.8m. From my understanding even in a "trade and sign" type deal you need to have that initial cap space available to make the trade.

That's Bakers cap hit for Arizona.  Any team trading for him would only be on the hook for his base salary, which is about 13 mil.  Obviously a reworked contract would be likely, but his cap hit would fit under our current cap space as it stands.

Welp. Cam is about to be suspended for PEDs.
https://www.si.com/nfl/jaguars/duval-ins...per-source
[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSIM9bZmkezB9B4qD2qAtT...IGQHCZIPuA]

(04-27-2023, 12:00 AM)Dimson Wrote: Welp. Cam is about to be suspended for PEDs.
https://www.si.com/nfl/jaguars/duval-ins...per-source

We’ll be drafting a OLman tomorrow night.

The timing on this news is interesting…the night before the draft.

(This post was last modified: 04-27-2023, 12:32 AM by Eric1. Edited 1 time in total.)

What a joke lol. Should have let his [BLEEP] walk last year, started the better LT in Little and gave the money they paid Cam to Taylor.

But definitely explains Baalke's answer when asked about if Cam will be ready for the start of camp. "From a health standpoint, Yes". They knew this suspension was coming.
https://twitter.com/NFL_DovKleiman/statu...5790206978

Can you get a good RT in this draft in the second round?

(This post was last modified: 04-27-2023, 12:35 AM by Dimson.)

(04-27-2023, 12:34 AM)GaJag Wrote: Can you get a good RT in this draft in the second round?

Yes. I think so.

(04-27-2023, 12:30 AM)Eric1 Wrote: What a joke lol. Should have let his [BLEEP] walk last year, started the better LT in Little and gave the money they paid Cam to Taylor.

But definitely explains Baalke's answer when asked about if Cam will be ready for the start of camp. "From a health standpoint, Yes". They knew this suspension was coming.

Yup. He definitely knew this was coming.

(04-27-2023, 12:35 AM)Dimson Wrote:
(04-27-2023, 12:34 AM)GaJag Wrote: Can you get a good RT in this draft in the second round?

Yes. I think so.

(04-27-2023, 12:30 AM)Eric1 Wrote: What a joke lol. Should have let his [BLEEP] walk last year, started the better LT in Little and gave the money they paid Cam to Taylor.

Yup. He definitely knew this was coming.

Yup, 100%. It's a shame, but at least the advanced notice gave them a chance to hopefully take a 2nd look at the OT class.

The Cam re-signing is the first botch of the Baalke/Pederson era.

(This post was last modified: 04-27-2023, 08:16 AM by Mikey.)

(04-26-2023, 10:09 AM)NewJagsCity Wrote:
(04-26-2023, 09:02 AM)imtheblkranger Wrote: The only issue with that trade is we would need to clear another $1.5m in cap space by tomorrow/Friday unless we got Arizona to eat some of it in the trade. We're at $15.5m and Baker's hit is currently $16.8m. From my understanding even in a "trade and sign" type deal you need to have that initial cap space available to make the trade.

Don't we need roughly 7M to sign our draft class?

Nah, we do this deal, and then everyone knows we have to trade current picks for future ones, and we take a beating on the deals. @Darft is overrated@

(04-26-2023, 11:18 AM)snowwolf776 Wrote: Jags will shock peoople sometime after the draft. They will sign the free agent clowny to the team.

we already did the clowny thing, it was embarrassing.

(04-26-2023, 03:20 PM)rpr52121 Wrote: Would anyone consider going after Washington's Chase Young in a trade? Seems like the right opportunity for a buy low given they recently officially declined his 5th year option.

I know he has an injury history, but it just feels that most elite pass rushers have checkered injury history in today's game.

we're already renting Allen, you want to trade to rent Young too?

I dunno that either one is gonna get a long term deal here at this rate.

Yes. You may have to move around to get him, though. (See Robinson, Cam; Little, Walker; Taylor, Jawaan)

I wonder how many games Robinson will be suspended for. Hey, we haven’t said this for a while thankfully, but I’m going to see it now “cause jags”

(04-26-2023, 05:37 PM)empty Wrote:

That's Bakers cap hit for Arizona.  Any team trading for him would only be on the hook for his base salary, which is about 13 mil.  Obviously a reworked contract would be likely, but his cap hit would fit under our current cap space as it stands.

Good catch. So we already have space for him even with Hamilton's new deal it looks like.
IT WAS ALWAYS THE JAGS

(This post was last modified: 04-27-2023, 09:37 AM by Dimson. Edited 1 time in total.)

Dilla broke it back on the 17th. Cryptically.
https://twitter.com/E_Dilla/status/16515...39fsQ&s=19

(04-27-2023, 09:37 AM)Dimson Wrote: Dilla broke it back on the 17th. Cryptically.
https://twitter.com/E_Dilla/status/16515...39fsQ&s=19
"But he's not connected anymore and doesn't know what's actually happening.... Derp"

Yan coming back home?!

Just tweeted out “Coming”

(04-29-2023, 12:01 PM)Cleatwood Wrote: Yan coming back home?!

Just tweeted out “Coming”

If he isn't ... he's leaving himself open to a murky minefield of misunderstandings and double entendres!

Can anyone here correct me if I’m wrong on this? I read somewhere that if the Jags sign any of the FA currently available that they would have to forfeit one or both of the compensatory picks they are getting for Taylor and Key leaving in FA. Any truth to this?
Jaguars Fundamentalist

(This post was last modified: 04-29-2023, 09:08 PM by Charlie Sheen. Edited 1 time in total.)

(04-29-2023, 08:52 PM)Eye of the Storm Wrote: Can anyone here correct me if I’m wrong on this? I read somewhere that if the Jags sign any of the FA currently available that they would have to forfeit one or both of the compensatory picks they are getting for Taylor and Key leaving in FA. Any truth to this?

I believe it is factored in until May 2.