Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Panthers vs Jags

(12-30-2023, 06:17 PM)Jaguar Warrior Wrote:
(12-30-2023, 05:41 PM)Eric1 Wrote: The Eagles have had a top OL for what seems like forever. That's the main reason for their success with Doug and post Doug. Foles is, was and always will be trash.

You wont see an OL worse than ours.

Its why Baalke needs to go. It isn't an elite QB that makes a team. Its their OLine and DLine. If those are top-tier, you can win with anyone.

I've been in the Baalke gotta go train, I thought maybe we where wrong before this draft but when you get nothing out of 13 picks it's obvious he's gotta go!
[Image: 5_RdfH.gif]

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(12-30-2023, 06:17 PM)Jaguar Warrior Wrote:
(12-30-2023, 05:41 PM)Eric1 Wrote: The Eagles have had a top OL for what seems like forever. That's the main reason for their success with Doug and post Doug. Foles is, was and always will be trash.

You wont see an OL worse than ours.

Its why Baalke needs to go. It isn't an elite QB that makes a team. Its their OLine and DLine. If those are top-tier, you can win with anyone.

Eh... Elite QBs can get by with "Decent" olines. Anyone else remember the days of former Brady/Manning linemen getting big deals elsewhere and then immediately sucking? Zane Beadles comes to mind.

(12-30-2023, 06:54 PM)EricC85 Wrote:
(12-30-2023, 06:17 PM)Jaguar Warrior Wrote: Its why Baalke needs to go. It isn't an elite QB that makes a team. Its their OLine and DLine. If those are top-tier, you can win with anyone.

I've been in the Baalke gotta go train, I thought maybe we where wrong before this draft but when you get nothing out of 13 picks it's obvious he's gotta go!

He reached and passed over too many good players.

I would say Shenault owes us at least 2 fumbles, but I heard he's on IR.

(12-30-2023, 08:30 PM)ChrisJagBoy Wrote:
(12-30-2023, 06:17 PM)Jaguar Warrior Wrote: Its why Baalke needs to go. It isn't an elite QB that makes a team. Its their OLine and DLine. If those are top-tier, you can win with anyone.

Eh... Elite QBs can get by with "Decent" olines. Anyone else remember the days of former Brady/Manning linemen getting big deals elsewhere and then immediately sucking? Zane Beadles comes to min
Brady and Manning always had way better lines then what Trevor has..... you're not fooling anybody.....

(12-29-2023, 05:48 PM)rfc17 Wrote:
(12-28-2023, 04:57 PM)nejagsfan Wrote: Current scenarios (1)  If we win next two obviously we win the division....(2) we beat Carolina have the Texans and colts lose we win the division....(3) We win against Carolina colts lose ...Texans win... and then fast forward to week 18 If we lose against the Titans and colts beat Texans we win the division If the Texans beat the colts then we go to the seventh seed and that only stands If browns beat Bangles.... So if we beat Carolina and lose to the Titans we need Bengals to drop to Cleveland.... Considering colts will lose to the raiders.... If colts Texans and Jags all win this week and we lose to Tennessee It doesn't matter what the colts Texans do in the last game we lose the division the only way we get in is with a Bengals loss at that point.... So here's to us winning this week.  the colts losing this week and then colts winning next week Then we can drop a game against Tennessee it won't matter we win the division....

It shouldn't need to be said, but of course, we're better off just taking care of our own business.  But for those who are interested in other scenarios....

Ironically if we are to make it as a wild card, we're better off going 1-1 losing to panthers instead of the titans as that extra conference win gives us a little extra juice in the tiebreakers.  Obviously if we lose to the Panthers it'll feel like the season is over although we'd still have a chance.  As you said, we'll need the Bengals to lose at least one of their two games (preferably both), this week against KC or the final week against the Browns (there is one a million chance the Bengals win both and we get in but that seems too far fetched).  I feel good about the Bengals losing this week to KC as the Chiefs still don't have the division locked up.  Chiefs are pretty beat up but would still bet on Reid/Mahomes in a big game for them.

However, for those interested in games to follow, one game we should be rooting for this week is the Dolphins over the Ravens.  If Ravens win, I'm pretty sure that would officially lock the Browns into the 5th seed.  And in that case, how would they approach their season finale against the Bengals who would still be playing to get in?  It would be very beneficial for us to have the Browns with something to play for that final week.  The Browns can not only still win the division but they are still in play for #1 overall seed.

Win against Carolina.... colts lose to raiders.... colts beat Texans....were in....or win two in a row

Anyone else starting to feel like we clinch the division tomorrow? No idea why but I keep getting that feeling. Maybe after 20 years of mostly misery perhaps we're due our share of good fortune.

Glass? We can tell you about our glass.
Heck ...the dang glass kept breaking every year!
And shattered completely when urbs arrived  Sick
"Stay tight, stay close. Great things are going to continue to happen for this football team."  - Doug Peterson

(12-31-2023, 12:25 AM)Mowerguy Wrote: Glass? We can tell you about our glass.
Heck ...the dang glass kept breaking every year!
And shattered completely when urbs arrived  Sick

Urban gave us a solid draft class at least.

(This post was last modified: 12-31-2023, 01:12 AM by Shad Khans Mustache. Edited 1 time in total.)

(12-30-2023, 09:18 PM)nejagsfan Wrote:
(12-30-2023, 08:30 PM)ChrisJagBoy Wrote: Eh... Elite QBs can get by with "Decent" olines. Anyone else remember the days of former Brady/Manning linemen getting big deals elsewhere and then immediately sucking? Zane Beadles comes to min
Brady and Manning always had way better lines then what Trevor has..... you're not fooling anybody.....
It's comments like these that make me cringe and really exposes the lack of knowledge that a typical homer as yourself lacks. You do know that a QB JOB isn't ONLY about throwing for bunch of yards, or throwing WRs wide open or throwing for bunch of TDs... a QBs job is more than that, that a typical casual fan seems not understand..... if you look at guys like Brady, Brees and Rodgers both of these three QBs share something very common, which is fast ball release, meaning they get out the ball quick without the pressure getting to them, so how do they do it? Their IQ and able to read defenses, so smart and so many pass rushers including Joey Bosa for example says it’s so hard to disrupt Tom because he gets the ball out so quick so you never get a real chance to touch him. Brady won a Super Bowl with the 30th ranked pass blocking line. Good QBs play makes all generic OL stats and FO OL stats worthless. Brady/Manning are the perfect examples.

Here's a list of why they are elite and make their OL better than they really are:

A+ pocket presence

A+ release

A+ processing speed

A+ internal clock

A+ attention to detail

Does Trevor have these things going for him? Probably not. 

So how can Trevor make this line better?  Well, telling his line where to block, how to block and what to expect from the defense, which means he takes the decision time out of his line and all they have to focus on is to actually physically block. It removes a lot of mistakes because they dont have to think too much about things. 

Also, if you even cared to read alot of OLine experts say that sacks are a QB stat.

Well things on offense were working well last season on the jags play off run. What’s the big difference?

(This post was last modified: 12-31-2023, 02:23 AM by JaguarJosh2. Edited 1 time in total.)

(12-30-2023, 11:28 PM)rfc17 Wrote: Anyone else starting to feel like we clinch the division tomorrow? No idea why but I keep getting that feeling. Maybe after 20 years of mostly misery perhaps we're due our share of good fortune.

Well,  this should be the one game the Jaguars can muster a win here late in the season.  After a pile of embarrassing performances,  and with the back-up QB with us at home against a team that has no reason to win...  we have to do it.  Also,  the Colts get the Raiders who are playing inspiring ball.  I could see us melting down at home to the garbo Panthers though,  we haven't been stopping anyone and the offense is erratic.. we are a fragment of how we were playing early-mid season.

I am forced to just expect another missed opportunity week where we get embarrassed and we get help with the Colts and Texans losing. Preferably Colts, I think they'll beat Houston next week.

(12-31-2023, 02:18 AM)JaguarJosh2 Wrote:
(12-30-2023, 11:28 PM)rfc17 Wrote: Anyone else starting to feel like we clinch the division tomorrow? No idea why but I keep getting that feeling. Maybe after 20 years of mostly misery perhaps we're due our share of good fortune.

Well,  this should be the one game the Jaguars can muster a win here late in the season.  After a pile of embarrassing performances,  and with the back-up QB with us at home against a team that has no reason to win...  we have to do it.  Also,  the Colts get the Raiders who are playing inspiring ball.  I could see us melting down at home to the garbo Panthers though,  we haven't been stopping anyone and the offense is erratic..  we are a fragment of how we were playing early-mid season.

I am forced to just expect another missed opportunity week where we get embarrassed and we get help with the Colts and Texans losing.  Preferably Colts,  I think they'll beat Houston next week.

Why do the Panthers have "no reason to win"? They don't own their first round pick.

(12-31-2023, 01:11 AM)Shad Khans Mustache Wrote:
(12-30-2023, 09:18 PM)nejagsfan Wrote: Brady and Manning always had way better lines then what Trevor has..... you're not fooling anybody.....
It's comments like these that make me cringe and really exposes the lack of knowledge that a typical homer as yourself lacks. You do know that a QB JOB isn't ONLY about throwing for bunch of yards, or throwing WRs wide open or throwing for bunch of TDs... a QBs job is more than that, that a typical casual fan seems not understand..... if you look at guys like Brady, Brees and Rodgers both of these three QBs share something very common, which is fast ball release, meaning they get out the ball quick without the pressure getting to them, so how do they do it? Their IQ and able to read defenses, so smart and so many pass rushers including Joey Bosa for example says it’s so hard to disrupt Tom because he gets the ball out so quick so you never get a real chance to touch him. Brady won a Super Bowl with the 30th ranked pass blocking line. Good QBs play makes all generic OL stats and FO OL stats worthless. Brady/Manning are the perfect examples.

A+ pocket presence

A+ release

A+ processing speed

A+ internal clock

A+ attention to detail
Lawrence is good at all that what are you talking about? He gets the ball out quick was he not ranked 2nd only behind Tua just this season at 2.5 seconds?
 Our line is worse this year than last that's a fact and our weapons are also worse everything regressed.

https://twitter.com/GammaSupreme/status/...8853440867
No Fun

Anyone got any good ways to get full match replays?

Unfortunately partying to 12am and then waking up at 5am to watch CJB vs Panthers isn't my forte I may wake up for 4th quarter but would like to watch replay of full game

(12-31-2023, 07:31 AM)StrayaJag Wrote: Anyone got any good ways to get full match replays?

Unfortunately partying to 12am and then waking up at 5am to watch CJB vs Panthers isn't my forte  I may wake up for 4th quarter but would like to watch replay of full game

NFL+ has full replays, condensed replays, and all 22 (released on Tuesdays following games) 
This used to be called  "game pass" but they rolled it into NFL+ this year. 
NFL.com should have the links to sign up.

No idea if available in your market.

(12-31-2023, 06:45 AM)nhiverson Wrote:
(12-31-2023, 01:11 AM)Shad Khans Mustache Wrote: It's comments like these that make me cringe and really exposes the lack of knowledge that a typical homer as yourself lacks. You do know that a QB JOB isn't ONLY about throwing for bunch of yards, or throwing WRs wide open or throwing for bunch of TDs... a QBs job is more than that, that a typical casual fan seems not understand..... if you look at guys like Brady, Brees and Rodgers both of these three QBs share something very common, which is fast ball release, meaning they get out the ball quick without the pressure getting to them, so how do they do it? Their IQ and able to read defenses, so smart and so many pass rushers including Joey Bosa for example says it’s so hard to disrupt Tom because he gets the ball out so quick so you never get a real chance to touch him. Brady won a Super Bowl with the 30th ranked pass blocking line. Good QBs play makes all generic OL stats and FO OL stats worthless. Brady/Manning are the perfect examples.

A+ pocket presence

A+ release

A+ processing speed

A+ internal clock

A+ attention to detail
Lawrence is good at all that what are you talking about? He gets the ball out quick was he not ranked 2nd only behind Tua just this season at 2.5 seconds?
 Our line is worse this year than last that's a fact and our weapons are also worse everything regressed.

https://twitter.com/GammaSupreme/status/...8853440867

A. don't bother with that troll - he's just here to piss people off 

B. TL's pocket time is actually at 2.2 seconds which is insanely low.  (2.5 is the benchmark for a QB to be able to process a couple of reads and send a pass)  He was tied with Tua and now Tua is at 2.1. 
Only 4 starters in the NFL this year below 2.3. 

C. Yes the line is even worse this year. (wasn't sure that was possible but here we are)  Thus the 4 injuries to the QB.