Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: Allen Hurns is our most complete receiver
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11
The guy is easily the most complete receiver who isn't Blackmon yet he gets overlooked it seems. It's always about Lee and Robinson but it was Hurns who scored the most TD's for us. He significantly improved every game by creating separation and using his hands more as the season went on instead of body catching. The TD's against the Bengals were flawless the way he made the adjustments to the ball.

I would also direct attention to the goal line TD play against the Texans. The play breaks down, Bortles is scrambling, Johnathan Joesph is all over Hurns and he manages to break away and catch the ball in the corner of the endzone with the ball just inches above the ground.

He's not as fast as Lee, he doesn't have the hands of AR15 but he is exceptional at route running which is such an important trait for a WR. 

Thank you.

*has a seat*

His biggest default Is his hands other wise he awesome. He would of been a 1000 yard reliever if he didn't drop so many passes.
He improved every game?  His first half of pro football was his pinnacle.

He's good, but no where near complete and not the most complete on the team.

If you want to talk about most complete, this won't be received well, but it was Cecil Shorts and is now ARob.

Hurns may develop into a star, he may not, but he's got quite a bit of developing to do before he's a "complete" receiver.

Edit: Please don't pull stats, i know what they are.  Sometimes you have to actually watch the game.

Quote:His biggest default Is his hands other wise he awesome. He would of been a 1000 yard reliever if he didn't drop so many passes.
default?
He was among the league leaders in drops with no where near the targets or catches as the league leaders. It is concerning.

Quote:default?

I guess he was trying to say 'de hands were his biggest default"
You know everybody complains about the drops with Hurns, but I only remember a few significant drops. I think people over exaggerate that portion of his game.

I like the way he improvises when things break down. He's a smart receiver. I wouldn't say he's the best WR on the team, but I most certainly believe he will be a big part of this team moving forward.
de fault (the fault) de plane (the plane) most complete (most completions)

love and marriage go together like a ....

like a... help me out here Peg
I agree, its funny when people say he is a 4th receiver at best
Hurns is a guy who started off his career really well, but he may also be the guy with the lowest ceiling.
Quote:Hurns is a guy who started off his career really well, but he may also be the guy with the lowest ceiling.
what was Rod Smith's ceiling when he came into the league?
Quote:what was Rod Smith's ceiling when he came into the league?
You mean the Rod Smith that pretty much broke all of his school and most of his conference records and became Denver's all time receiver?

Obviously his ceiling was pretty high.
Hurns had the advantage of several years within the offense, while Lee and Robinson had to learn it.  IMO that allowed him to play faster and more confidently than Robinson and Lee. 

I think while Hurns is more talented than his undrafted position suggests, this year, with all three learning new offenses, with all three having a year of going against NFL coverages, we will get a clearer picture of who the most talented receivers are, assuming all are healthy.

As a previous post referenced, he did have a lot of drops and even when he caught the ball he double caught it it a bunch. To ignore the concerns about his hands is to allow yourself to get caught up in the memorable/exciting plays he was involved in last year but it's not being completely truthful. I'm rooting for him to get that part of his game tightened up this year.
Hurns is fine, but Robinson is, by far, our best and most complete WR.

Hurns is a nice find. But Robinson is a stud. Going to be a good one.
Quote:Hurns is fine, but Robinson is, by far, our best and most complete WR.
Completely agree. With Blackmon out of the equation, Robinson is the most complete receiver. Hurns took full advantage of the opportunity presented to him because of his familiarity with the offense Fisch was running.

There were stretches during the season where he did seem to disappear. There were also plenty of drops. They didn't bug me as much because he was still a good story on a very young team. Undrafted guy does good. But, let's not romanticize things. He had some nice moments, and some frustrating ones too.

As someone has already pointed out, we'll see how good he is with having to learn a new offense. Hopefully he continues to show well.
Quote:Hurns is fine, but Robinson is, by far, our best and most complete WR.

Robinson is not a deep threat.

Hurns is legit, better than any Gene Smith draft pick...well except Blackmon but he can't get on the field. Lol Smith was so bad. Robinson best receiver on the team though, probably the best player on the offense.
Quote:You mean the Rod Smith that pretty much broke all of his school and most of his conference records and became Denver's all time receiver?

Obviously his ceiling was pretty high.

And Hurns broke Andre Johnson's Hurricanes single season receiving yards record.

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11