Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: Fan Survey: Two years in, do you feel like Gus Bradley is leading this team in the right direction?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10

All I'll say about Gus, is that the 2015 season will be a do or die year for him and this ownership. Anything less than 7-9, or another 6 game losing skid to start the season, and I can see him getting fired. That's just the way it is folks.

Im optimistic...but at some point the results have to start showing. We simply cant have another stinker season, or more specifically Bradley cant have another one.

I think he's doing the best he can with what he's given
he doesn't know how to coach

we've watched the games

you're in denial if you disagree

time management is such a trivial thing for good coaches and how often did we see stupid timeout after stupid timeout

I will not vote until corn. Is an option.

I voted yes. It is not Gus Bradley's fault that 10 starters on offense were rookies or second-year players. It was not Bradley's fault that several key starters suffered season-ending injuries. It is not Gus Bradley's fault Justin Blackmon cares more about alcohol than football. What was his fault? Hiring Jedd Fisch, and he corrected that shortly after the season ended.

Marrone and Olsen will improve the offense but how much? Can't get worse than Fisch

Quote:He doesn't know how to coach.

We've watched the games.

You're in denial if you disagree.

Time management is such a trivial thing for good coaches and how often did we see stupid timeout after stupid timeout.

The early timeouts were not Gus Bradley's fault. Blake Bortles had communication problems with the other rookies. In 2013 we were able to save our timeouts because most of the starters on offense were veterans  including the quarterback. Obviously the switch from most rookies playing on defense to most rookies playing on offense affected how early we had to call timeouts. You are the one in denial.
Quote:Marrone and Olson will improve the offense but how much? Can't get worse than Fisch

Marrone is only going to improve the offensive line.

It depends on how they change the offense.
It's hard to just give a yes or no answer; there's a lot of grey areas.

I can't believe I'm saying this, but JW is right; Bradley has had to bring a team of rookies and rag-tag players along. Where's the star power? Caldwell has certainly delivered some good draft picks, but is it realistic to expect results in the win column two years after drafting half of the starting team? The team's best player is a guy Tennessee had written off.

On the other side of the coin, we all saw the time management, or lack there of, in 2014. Gus can motivate his guys, no doubt about that. His game management skills need to be improved however, which I think is a big reason for why they hired Doug Marrone this offseason. A former head coach who has seen some of the thing's Gus will see is not a bad thing.

Overall, I need to see how the first half of 2015 is going. At this point, I can say I support Gus and understand why thy have struggled to get W's. If, as another poster said, they start out with five or six straight losses, I can understand why the ownership would let him go. Gus was a rookie head coach when he came here; I don't expect him to be Belichick, but I expect him to learn and grow with the team he's trying to build.

It won't take much time in 2015 to answer the original question of whether Gus is the guy or not. For now, anyone falling on one side of the fence or the other is effectively guessing.
Seriously a month ago you were saying this is a 4 or 5 yr rebuild.
I think Bradley needs 4 full seasons. No less. This rebuild is a long process as they had to start with a dumpster fire of a roster.
^ like I said, anyone who says Gus is or is not the guy for the Jags is guessing at this point. You can't argue that; no one knows what's going to happen next season. By the bye week, we will probably start to have an idea of how things are going to play out.

You just never know in the NFL. Who here would've bet the Jags make it to the championship game in 96 after starting 4-7? Who here would've bet the Jags don't make the playoffs in 08 after the 07 season?

It's cool to call it like you see it, but none of us know yet. We're still gonna fight about it all offseason though so what the hell.
That is why I love football - the inability to know what will happen next.

Long before anyone knew how bad the Panthers, Falcons, Saints, Buccaneers, Jets, and Titans are everyone thought 2015 will be our year to get back in the playoffs. It was widely thought to be a three-year rebuild. That is still less than half of our games, so with some others being the Bills, Dolphins, Patriots, Chargers, and Ravens (all teams with winning records), I can see us getting closer but not over the hump.

Quote:The early timeouts were not Gus Bradley's fault. Blake Bortles had communication problems with the other rookies. In 2013 we were able to save our timeouts because most of the starters on offense were veterans  including the quarterback. Obviously the switch from most rookies playing on defense to most rookies playing on offense affected how early we had to call timeouts. You are the one in denial.

What? You go head on Ms Jaggie!! You better preach!!   Go Jags!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Well he hasn't coached the team to many victories, but wins and losses don't matter in professional sports man! All that matters man is that we compete and get better everyday man! And since this special group competes and gets better even when the score is 30-0 at halftime, I'd have to say coach Gus is doing a sensational job of capitalizing on this opportoony man! I award Gus 3 scoops, and all the toppings he wants because he is a special coach man!
Quote:Well he hasn't coached the team to many victories, but wins and losses don't matter in professional sports man! All that matters man is that we compete and get better everyday man! And since this special group competes and gets better even when the score is 30-0 at halftime, I'd have to say coach Gus is doing a sensational job of capitalizing on this opportoony man! I award Gus 3 scoops, and all the toppings he wants because he is a special coach man!

You sure love the word man, don't you?
My vote is a no but I'm optimistic he will turn it around.
Maybe?
Hard to tell.

I like what he's beginning to get out of the defense.  I think with a stud free safety and a real threat at LEO this defense could be very good. 

The offense hasn't had much of a chance due to the "blow it up and build through the draft" approach.  2015 will be the the real beginning for that group and it will do so with a new playbook.  

Special teams hasn't "started" the same group of guys for more than 3 consecutive weeks since Caldwell took over due to the roster churn. 

If Gus can't find a way to win a lot more games this season, then even if the team is being led in the right direction, it's not getting there fast enough. 

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10