Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: Remember when we talked about what it would take to relocate?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11
What does it take?  The team will need to buy out of the lease and Khan would need to open his books showing a loss for a few years.

Look around.... That is certainly happening this year if you look at the stands.  This team cant be making a profit.  I mean, I would be extremely surprised if it is.

Also, consider all the equipment and renovations (locker room, sound system, video board) that Khan has spent money on.  That will result in a TON of depreciation expense on the books, which will only add to the loss.  Perhaps that was part of the plan.

We are $20 million under the salary cap.  The seats have been sold.  If people don't come, it hurts parking and concessions, NOT tickets.

To be honest, this town is almost loyal to a fault.  If this 5-year demise were going on in Philly, they'd be burning down the city.

I doubt it, he knows he will get his money back and more. Invest now, returns come later.

Quote:We are $20 million under the salary cap.  The seats have been sold.  If people don't come, it hurts parking and concessions, NOT tickets.

To be honest, this town is almost loyal to a fault.  If this 5-year demise were going on in Philly, they'd be burning down the city.

It doesn't appear to me that enough seats are being sold even if you consider people not showing up.

Anyway, the lack of attendance doesn't really scream "loyal to a fault".  Actions of the fans speak louder than the words of John O on Jaguars Monday talking about how swell things are.

Quote:We are $20 million under the salary cap.  The seats have been sold.  If people don't come, it hurts parking and concessions, NOT tickets.

Agree 100%. Look at what is going on in DC right now. It should be this ugly here. Nobody in the local media will hold the team's feet to the fire. It's all buddy-buddy.
Quote:What does it take?  The team will need to buy out of the lease and Khan would need to open his books showing a loss for a few years.

Look around.... That is certainly happening this year if you look at the stands.  This team cant be making a profit.  I mean, I would be extremely surprised if it is.

Also, consider all the equipment and renovations (locker room, sound system, video board) that Khan has spent money on.  That will result in a TON of depreciation expense on the books, which will only add to the loss.  Perhaps that was part of the plan.

Jags don't own the stadium, so none of that depreciation would show up as a loss to the Jags.  Sorry.  Stupid thread. 

The fans didn't show up in the 2nd half so the team didn't either...

[Image: B4RvMSTIMAAaMO7.jpg]

There were apparently 61k in attendance which is 90 something percent.

Stupidest thread ever.
Tickets are being sold.

http://espn.go.com/nfl/attendance
Quote:What does it take?  The team will need to buy out of the lease and Khan would need to open his books showing a loss for a few years.

That last part is a depressing thought that I'd rather not believe is the case.
Quote:Jags don't own the stadium, so none of that depreciation would show up as a loss to the Jags.  Sorry.  Stupid thread. 

Does anyone here know whether or not t
he money paid for the upgrades end up on the team balance sheet as an expense? If so, that would affect the profit/loss total for the 2014 fiscal year.
Quote:Jags don't own the stadium, so none of that depreciation would show up as a loss to the Jags.  Sorry.  Stupid thread. 

Ok, I stand corrected.

But Khan still paid for a portion of the enhancements, which would show up on his books.

Quote:Tickets are being sold.

http://espn.go.com/nfl/attendance

Is it enough though?
Quote:Does anyone here know whether or not t
he money paid for the upgrades end up on the team balance sheet as an expense? If so, that would affect the profit/loss total for the 2014 fiscal year.

I doubt it
It is bad.

So bad Khan has resorted to suing a small bakery in what they claim a hostile take over. This bakery has been on Edgewood for about 60 years. Khan bought into it during the One Spark event.

Now he wants it, claiming he's major owner.

Ok...I'm being sarcastic, but the lawsuit is real.

If anyone thinks he would never pull outta here is naive.

Don't know specifics, but maybe Kismet needs more upgrades.
Quote:<span style="font-size:14.39px;">Does anyone here know whether or not the money paid for the upgrades end up on the team balance sheet as an expense? If so, that would affect the profit/loss total for the 2014 fiscal year.</span>

Whoever's book they show up on, they would be capitalized as fixed assets and depreciated.  The depreciation expense would affect the profit at the end of the year.
This board has officially become the TU comment section.

I was under the impression that with the TV money that teams split up, it was almost impossible for teams to lose money on their bottom line. Correct or incorrect?
Quote:I was under the impression that with the TV money that teams split up, it was almost impossible for teams to lose money on their bottom line. Correct or incorrect?

then no team would ever relocate?
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11