Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: Bortles
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11
Has he shown enough to where we can pass on Mariota/Jameis?
He's very inaccurate
Quote:Has he shown enough to where we can pass on Mariota/Jameis?
What do you think? 
Quote:Has he shown enough to where we can pass on Mariota/Jameis?
Nope...but the coaches aren't helping at all.
I'd say so.

It's not that he has shown enough it's that we haven't given it enough time to play out. You can't draft QB's in the 1st round in consecutive years, your wasting picks at that point. We have to let Bortles at least get 2 years needed before we cut bait, we have SO many other needs, it would be impossible to justify another QB that high.

Can anybody see FBT sitting in his Dr. Claw chair right now with an evil laugh petting his cat? 

[Image: Dr-claw.jpg]

Yes.  That doesn't mean he's necessarily the answer, but I think we can pass on WinMar this year, and not have made a big mistake. 

Really? My god this board smh....
So ya'll say that blake is a bust like blaine gabbert? If so then ya'll insane or the losing has gotten the best of everyone on this message board.

You guys are unbelievable.
wow you guys are stupid.
290 yards today.  It sure didn't seem like it.  I say stick with Bortles and trade the top 5 pick for multiple picks.

Quote:290 yards today.  It sure didn't seem like it.  I say stick with Bortles and trade the top 5 pick for multiple picks.

Don't think this draft is strong enough to demand a trade into the top 5.
His footwork is bad, he's not making progressions, and still inaccurate despite staring his only target down. He may have lost a step too, he's looking sluggish and hesitant. Is he broken beyond repair?
Draft best CB available in round 1. Draft best LB available in round 2. Fire Caldwell first.
Quote:His footwork is bad, he's not making progressions, and still inaccurate despite staring his only target down. He may have lost a step too, he's looking sluggish and hesitant. Is he broken beyond repair?
he was 60% today and he's inaccurate? I guess in your case he has to be 70% every game to be a successful according to u.
Too early to tell. Guys are still coming free right at him. Makes any true assessment difficult. I like BB.. the kid has the whole franchise on his very young shoulders. Gimme a new OC before anything.

I only counted one true deep ball all game, and it was substantially overthrown. I just can't believe we don't even try to air it out ALOT more. PRACTICE THAT..
Quote:he was 60% today and he's inaccurate? I guess in your case he has to be 70% every game to be a successful according to u.

Pretty easy to be 60% when 90% of your passes are screens, check downs, 5 yards outs, and 5 yard slants.
He was supposed to sit this year out
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11