Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: Ryan O'hallaran doesn't think Justin Blackmon is very good...
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
He just argued with several callers on 10X10xl and said B14 isn't as talented as people think....  I know the guy hasn't been on the field alot but when he has he is dominant!!  Ryan's credibility is gone...

The Jags media coverage is a joke. It's seriously a bunch of bums and Mike Dempsey who is the only one worth a crap really.

If he could ever get past his personal demons he could end up being a top 5 WR without question.
he WAS talented.  is he still?  who knows?

Yep when Blackmon has been out there, he has been very good. I heard that Ryan called him a "5th or 6th WR." I don't think there is a single team in the league where he wouldn't be the 3rd or 4th WR at worst. For many teams, he'd be 1st or 2nd. Whatever though. I just hope he applies for reinstatement during the bye week and gets to play this year.

Quote:Yep when Blackmon has been out there, he has been very good. I heard that Ryan called him a "5th or 6th WR." I don't think there is a single team in the league where he wouldn't be the 3rd or 4th WR at worst. For many teams, he'd be 1st or 2nd. Whatever though. I just hope he applies for reinstatement during the bye week and gets to play this year.

ya now he's just trolling

or he probably didn't like Blackmon coming through the draft, so now that he doesn't play he is able to say, "See I was right all along.  he isn't good."

That guys "matter of fact" demeanor makes him sound like a know it all.  When he says stupid stuff like this it makes him sound like an idiot.

Quote:That guys "matter of fact" demeanor makes him sound like a know it all.  When he says stupid stuff like this it makes him sound like an idiot.

sounds like another prisco

Difference is Prisco actually understands football...

Ryan O'Halloran is an idiot.

He was so matter-of-factly wrong about the draft too.  He made fun of people saying we'll draft a QB.
I do agree that Blackmon is not on the AJ Green/Calvin Johnson/Julio Jones level.

He is a very very good WR though.

Quote:Ryan O'Halloran is an idiot.

He was so matter-of-factly wrong about the draft too.  He made fun of people saying we'll draft a QB.

that was basically 50% of our message board too

Quote:that was basically 50% of our message board too

well, we speculated and we're fans.

he came with "inside info" and was wrong
Quote:I do agree that Blackmon is not on the AJ Green/Calvin Johnson/Julio Jones level.

why not?
Quote:why not?

he isn't 6'4" and running a sub 4.5 40

Quote:He just argued with several callers on 10X10xl and said B14 isn't as talented as people think....  I know the guy hasn't been on the field alot but when he has he is dominant!!  Ryan's credibility is gone..

The fact that Justin Blackmon put up 800+ yards as a rookie on bad offense quarterbacked by Blaine Gabbert and Chad Henne negates any "Blackmon isn't talented" arguments.
Quote:I do agree that Blackmon is not on the AJ Green/Calvin Johnson/Julio Jones level.

No one is athletically; those guys are all genetic freaks.
Antonio Brown if proving you don't have to be an elite athlete to be a top notch receiver in today's pass happy NFL, he's 5'10 and ran a 4.6, athleticism at the WR position is severely overrated, mainly due to the underwear Olympics know as the NFL scouting combine.

Ryan is a idiot just like the other ryan (hacker)on timtim xl  both are morons to the tenth degree

Look at it objectively and you can see why he's going this route.

Blackmon's rookie year: 1 game out of 16 (he started 14 that year) where he had more than 100 yards.  That was his break out game against houston.  After that game he averaged 63 yards per game.

Blackmon's second year: first two games were great.  136 and 190 yards.  The last two games before his suspension: 58 yards (6 rec) and 31 yards (4 rec).

Blackmon has the ability to be very good if he can ever make it back.  But to say he was a world beater before he got suspended is to not look at the facts.

To sum up: 3 games out of 20 he had over 100 yards.  Every other game he has played he averaged 42 yards per game.  Doesn't sound like a world beater to me.

Source: http://www.nfl.com/player/justinblackmon/2533038/profile

Quote:Look at it objectively and you can see why he's going this route.

Blackmon's rookie year: 1 game out of 16 (he started 14 that year) where he had more than 100 yards.  That was his break out game against houston.  After that game he averaged 63 yards per game.

Blackmon's second year: first two games were great.  136 and 190 yards.  The last two games before his suspension: 58 yards (6 rec) and 31 yards (4 rec).

Blackmon has the ability to be very good if he can ever make it back.  But to say he was a world beater before he got suspended is to not look at the facts.

To sum up: 3 games out of 20 he had over 100 yards.  Every other game he has played he averaged 42 yards per game.  Doesn't sound like a world beater to me.

Source: http://www.nfl.com/player/justinblackmon/2533038/profile

I don't think anyone can judge Blackmon until he has a competent QB throwing him the ball, is he Josh Gordon? Of course not, but he's incredibly talented player that dominated the division one level for two years, and flashed dominance against the Texans in 2012, and the Broncos in 2013, all while playing a position that usually requires 2-3 years for players to come into their own.

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7