Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: Bill O Brien's post-game presser keeps it REAL after a loss, compared to Gus Badly's "positive" [BAD ...
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23
http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000...conference

I'll try to get some video to link too. 

It would be nice to see Gus act like THAT after any one of the six losses. Hell, Gus was all nicey nice and positive after the 5th and 6th losses while we were still winless - here in YEAR TWO. 

Bill O Brien on the other hand, is merely 3-4 now - in his ROOKIE year - (which isn't that bad) and yet thats clearly not acceptable to him. 

THATS what you'd like to see from your head coach. 

Its a safe bet that O Brien will go on to have more success than Bradley. O Brien gets it. He looks the Belichick/ Parcells/ Harbaugh part. Bradley is too much like Wade Phillips and is too accepting of all the losing. He seems to just want to be the players friend rather than leader. 

Quote:http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000...conference

I'll try to get some video to link too. 
How is this different from Bradley's post loss pressers?

Both guys identified shortcomings of the team in the aftermath of the game.

Bradley has identified blown coverages as problems after games.  He talked about turnovers.

I'm not sure I understand your criticism here.
Quote:How is this different from Bradley's post loss pressers?

Both guys identified shortcomings of the team in the aftermath of the game.

Bradley has identified blown coverages as problems after games.  He talked about turnovers.

I'm not sure I understand your criticism here.

You need to watch the video. If at that point you cannot see a stark difference, then I don't know what to tell you....
I'm with Bullseye on this one. I don't know what exactly you are hyping up here.

I was expecting something a lot different.
Quote:I'm with Bullseye on this one. I don't know what exactly you are hyping up here.

I was expecting something a lot different.

That article really doesn't do it justice. 

You need to see the video to see how [BAD WORD REMOVED] off O Brien was. (I"m still trying to find a link)

I actually watched it live last night on the NFL Network.

I've not seen that kind of anger from Gus Bradley as a Jaguar yet. 

Quote:You need to watch the video. If at that point you cannot see a stark difference, then I don't know what to tell you....
This is the third time I've seen this press conference.

The first half of the video provided, he takes the media to task for blowing the loss out pf proportion (i.e. not a 50-0 loss).

Throughout the video he was saying we can't do such and such and expect to win.

There was an expletive bleeped out.

I've never seen Bradley use an expletive.  I've never seen Bradley take the media to task for blowing a loss out of proportion.  I have seen Bradley say the team can't make certain mistakes and win.
Quote:This is the third time I've seen this press conference.

The first half of the video provided, he takes the media to task for blowing the loss out pf proportion (i.e. not a 50-0 loss).

Throughout the video he was saying we can't do such and such and expect to win.

There was an expletive bleeped out.

I've never seen Bradley use an expletive.  I've never seen Bradley take the media to task for blowing a loss out of proportion.  I have seen Bradley say the team can't make certain mistakes and win.

The difference is in how clearly angry O Brien was. 

O Brien isn't going to sit back and let the losses pile up. He's only 3-4 in his rookie year (which really isn't all that bad) and that presser shows he's not going to stand for it and sit back while it continues. 

Bradley was 0-5/ 0-6 in his SECOND year, and still hasn't acted out as if the losing is all that big of a deal. 

Bradley is too much like Wade Phillips and "aw shucks" welp, we'll try harder next time and get better".....

IMO, the NFL head coaches that get the most success are the type A personalities like O Brien, Parcells, Jimmy Johnson, Bill Belichick, and the like. 

You accept losing and you'll continue to not have success. 
Quote:The difference is in how clearly angry O Brien was. 

O Brien isn't going to sit back and let the losses pile up. He's only 3-4 in his rookie year (which really isn't all that bad) and that presser shows he's not going to stand for it and sit back while it continues. 

Bradley was 0-5/ 0-6 in his SECOND year, and still hasn't acted out as if the losing is all that big of a deal. 

Bradley is too much like Wade Phillips and "aw shucks" welp, we'll try harder next time and get better".....

IMO, the NFL head coaches that get the most success are the type A personalities like O Brien, Parcells, Jimmy Johnson, Bill Belichick, and the like. 

You accept losing and you'll continue to not have success. 
So if Bradley has a Denny Green/Jim Mora/Mike Ditka level meltdown in a post game presser, it makes him a better coach?
Quote:That article really doesn't do it justice. 

You need to see the video to see how [BAD WORD REMOVED] off O Brien was. (I"m still trying to find a link)

I actually watched it live last night on the NFL Network.

I've not seen that kind of anger from Gus Bradley as a Jaguar yet.

I watched the video. I'm not crticizing OBrien or anything, but i personally just don't think there is anything special about that press conference.
TMD, you are reaching man. Houston is who we thought they were. 

Also, when are you going to criticize O'Brien for sitting this so-called "elite" QB on the bench while Grizzly Adams stinks up the place?

Quote:So if Bradley has a Denny Green/Jim Mora/Mike Ditka level meltdown in a post game presser, it makes him a better coach?

They all were successful head coaches (at least at some point) just sayin....

...Not helping your argument. 

I'd like to see some anger by Bradley after some of those losses, yes. 
Quote:Also, when are you going to criticize O'Brien for sitting this so-called "elite" QB on the bench while Grizzly Adams stinks up the place?

I'd imagine they'll make the switch soon if this continues. 
I've gotten annoyed with Bradley's attitude a bit after the past couple losses, but this is a reach....to say that just because he is angry after a loss he will have a better career is reaching.  It's not to say that Bradley wont, but this is throwing it against the wall and hoping it sticks.

Pete Carroll has a similar demeanor to Bradley and I thought he would never do a thing in the NFL....he proved me wrong.  Just because you are positive, doesn't mean you wont be a good coach. 

Quote:They all were successful head coaches (at least at some point) just sayin....

...Not helping your argument. 

I'd like to see some anger by Bradley after some of those losses, yes. 
Yes they were all successful coaches.

But not because they threw tantrums in front of reporters.

Denny Green was successful because he had guys like Cris Carter, Randall McDaniel, Robert Smith, Korey Stringer, et al.

Jim Mora was successful because he had Swilling, Mills, V. Johnson, and Rickey Jackson, and later Manning, Harrison, et al.

Mike Ditka was successful because he had Dent, Hampton, Singletary, Wilber Marshall, Walter Payton, Jimbo Covert, Hilgenberg, et al.  He threw tantrums with the Saints but didn't duplicate the success he had in Chicago.

I submit Bradley will be far more successful once the guys on his roster develop into players of the quality of those listed above.

Quote:I watched the video. I'm not crticizing OBrien or anything, but i personally just don't think there is anything special about that press conference.

O Brien is only 3-4 and he's clearly pissed off from being a single game below .500. He's not going to stand by and be all "oh shucks" while his team falls to 4-18 in his second year. 

If you nip the losing culture in the bud in the beginning (as O Brien is doing), and establish to your players that its not acceptable, then I think overall, the record won't fall too far. 
Quote:I've gotten annoyed with Bradley's attitude a bit after the past couple losses, but this is a reach....to say that just because he is angry after a loss he will have a better career is reaching.  It's not to say that Bradley wont, but this is throwing it against the wall and hoping it sticks.

Pete Carroll has a similar demeanor to Bradley and I thought he would never do a thing in the NFL....he proved me wrong.  Just because you are positive, doesn't mean you wont be a good coach. 

For every Pete Carroll, theres like 7-8 examples of Wade Phillip types that show it doesn't work as more examples pile up. Conversely, I've pointed out many of the most successful NFL coaches of the last 30 years that were all of similar type as Bill O Brien displayed in his presser. They don't accept losing. 

Dungy and Carroll are needles in a haystack. 

....and Dungy's teams should have won MORE titles anyway, so not even sure he's a good example. 

What is he going to do, suit up and play Defense for them, so them how to REALLY do it?  Pouting and shouting like a 4 year old who doesn't get their way proves nothing other than the guy has an anger management problem. 

A "Jaguar fan" trolling Jaguar fans.

Lovely.

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23