Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: Trade idea?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14
Just a random idea/ trade thought... But since we need interior O-line help BAD and the 49ers look like they could use some receiver help, what if we traded Shorts for RG Boone from the 49ers?

Ideas...thoughts...???

Both are in contract years and would help each team
I'd take it. Not yet, though. Wait 3 or 4 games into the regular season to weigh things out.

Well, I already brought up this idea about a week ago....and of course they crapped all over it. 

Quote:Just a random idea/ trade thought... But since we need interior O-line help BAD and the 49ers look like they could use some receiver help, what if we traded Shorts for RG Boone from the 49ers?

Ideas...thoughts...???

Both are in contract years and would help each team

Interesting thought.   Then move Linder from RG to C, and we have a center. 
We should trade our only veteran receiver for a guy who wants to be the highest paid player at his position?  Yep.  Great idea. 

Quote:We should trade our only veteran receiver for a guy who wants to be the highest paid player at his position?  Yep.  Great idea. 

blah blah only veteran receiver....

who cares? 

Shorts is replaceable and we have like 6 other WR and will be soon costing a lot of money on his own if re-signed. I'd rather spend the money on the OL where help is much more needed. 
Quote:blah blah only veteran receiver....

who cares? 

Shorts is replaceable and we have like 6 other WR and will be soon costing a lot of money on his own if re-signed. I'd rather spend the money on the OL where help is much more needed. 

blah blah blah

"Thank God someone played into my OTHER obsession!"

We get it.  You think you know better than people who get paid a lot more to do the decision making for this team.  The other fry cooks must be really impressed. 
If Boone were an above average center, then, yes.  But...... he's not.  

I think Beadles and Linder will be fine at guard.  Obviously Linder will make some rookie mistakes, but I can live with that.  Bowanko will have a steeper uphill battle as a rookie starting at center.  That's my chief concern.  I'd deal Shorts for a plug and play above average center.  Not for a guard. 

Essentially - he'd replace Linder  - who doesn't seem to need replacing.

PFF after the CHI game:

Quote: Reserve RG Brandon Linder has put in two solid performances thus far (68 snaps, +2.1 overall) so if McClendon continues to struggle then his starting job may yet come under threat.

You don't trade an explosive receiver for a guard no matter who he is.

Quote:You don't trade an explosive receiver for a guard no matter who he is.
You do if you're the dog whimperer. 
Quote:You don't trade an explosive receiver for a guard no matter who he is.

Yeah, he really looked explosive last year...

Face it without Blackmon on the other side taking focus away, Shorts is nothing but an average WR. Totally replaceable. Not worth paying large coin for on his 2nd contract. 

Boone, who is a standout at his position would help out the team much more than Short's presence will. We already have WR on the roster who can adequately replace Shorts' production. Boone would be far & away better than any interior lineman we have. 
I wouldn't trade him for an average player, but I would trade him for a major upgrade player. Shorts' history of concussions makes him trade bait.

Quote:Yeah, he really looked explosive last year...

Face it without Blackmon on the other side taking focus away, Shorts is nothing but an average WR. Totally replaceable. Not worth paying large coin for on his 2nd contract. 

Boone, who is a standout at his position would help out the team much more than Short's presence will. We already have WR on the roster who can adequately replace Shorts' production. Boone would be far & away better than any interior lineman we have. 
Face it.  Blackmon isn't coming back any time soon, if at all. 

I'm worried about you.  Pushing two agendas is going to really cut into your fry time.  We don't want you overdoing it. 
I originally was thinking about trying to trade for Boone. But lately, I think we might be ok if Luwanko turns out to be good at C. I don't know if we have our future C, but he might hold his own for the time being. And seeing how injuries have plagued our WRs this year, I'm not a fan of trading any right now.

GO JAGS!

Quote:Face it.  Blackmon isn't coming back any time soon, if at all. 

Uh, exactly....and when Blackmon was here, thats the only time Shorts looked better than ordinary. 
Quote:Uh, exactly....and when Blackmon was here, thats the only time Shorts looked better than ordinary. 

Which is COMPLETELY irrelevant because Blackmon ISN'T here.  I know this is difficult for you to grasp because of that big IQ of yours, but Shorts is the best receiver on this roster right now. 
Quote:Which is COMPLETELY irrelevant because Blackmon ISN'T here.  I know this is difficult for you to grasp because of that big IQ of yours, but Shorts is the best receiver on this roster right now. 

Shorts & his zero catches last game is the best WR on our roster right now??

False. 

Hurns, is better without a doubt. 

Brown and Taylor have been better this preseason. 

and Lee and Robinson both WILL be better this regular season. 

Shorts = totally expendable. 
Quote:Shorts & his zero catches last game is the best WR on our roster right now??

False. 

You are totally expendable.

Shorts is a necessity for this team with your dreamboat too high to report. 
Quote:Shorts & his zero catches last game is the best WR on our roster right now??

False. 

smoking that butt hash again?
Yea lets trade our only proven good receiver to another team for a non-premium position 3 weeks into the preseason.  Great idea.

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14