Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: Concerns about Joeckel?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
I didn't know people were that concerned about him until reading around here. Everyone saying how he keeps getting beat. The guy is basically a rookie who sat out last year. He is still adjusting to the NFL speed and getting back into game mode.

Just...no.
He's been rather dissapointing since we took him, but I'm not going to give up on him just yet.

I'm not too concerned with him yet. He missed the last 12 games or what not. I'm sure theres still some rust. 

Quote:He's been rather dissapointing since we took him, but I'm not going to give up on him just yet.

All 2.25 games he's played at LT is a solid sample to draw conclusions from.
Quote:All 2.25 games he's played at LT is a solid sample to draw conclusions from.
And all the other games where he sucked at RT. I know it's not his preferred spot but blocking is still blocking. 
He's a 2nd year player but in his first season back at LT coming off the injury. If he still struggles at the end of the year then we can begin to question him. As of.now I'm not worried at all.
Quote:And all the other games where he sucked at RT. I know it's not his preferred spot but blocking is still blocking.

That you say that just proves my point.
he, like brewster, need to get on a serious steriod regimen. their upper bodies look like 12 year old trannies.

Quote:That you say that just proves my point.
Unless your point was that he hasn't lived up to #2 overall pick, it doesn't. 
Quote:Unless your point was that he hasn't lived up to #2 overall pick, it doesn't. 

Playing the other side is not "blocking is blocking" and he's played a grand total of 5 games in the NFL. He hasn't had TIME to live up to anything. But, as usual, people gots to go looking for something to whine about.
Quote:Playing the other side is not "blocking is blocking" and he's played a grand total of 5 games in the NFL. He hasn't had TIME to live up to anything. But, as usual, people gots to go looking for something to whine about.
I didn't whine I just said he hasn't lived up to his draft status, and he didn't. I didn't say I gave up on him, nor did I label him a bust. Quit trying to start an argument out of nothing 
Quote:I didn't whine I just said he hasn't lived up to his draft status, and he didn't. I didn't say I gave up on him, nor did I label him a bust. Quit trying to start an argument out of nothing 

This whole thread is starting an argument out of nothing.
Quote:This whole thread is starting an argument out of nothing.
A guy saying he has concerns about the second overall pick in 2013 who hasn't really shown much? I don't see any reason to argue since he's perfectly right to have concerns. 

Quote:A guy saying he has concerns about the second overall pick in 2013 who hasn't really shown much? I don't see any reason to argue since he's perfectly right to have concerns. 

And I say that the body of work shows at best an incomplete evaluation due to significant lack of evidence. Any concern is unwarranted at this time because every player on the starting O-line tonight except Bradfield has fewer games with this team than Joekel, who again, has 1 regular season quarter and 3 preseason starts at his position. There is simply no reason to be concerned at this point. 

Edit: You know what should concern us? Sen'Derrik Marks' shoulder. THAT is a cause for concern today.

Quote:And I say that the body of work shows at best an incomplete evaluation due to significant lack of evidence. Any concern is unwarranted at this time because every player on the starting O-line tonight except Bradfield has fewer games with this team than Joekel, who again, has 1 regular season quarter and 3 preseason starts at his position. There is simply no reason to be concerned at this point. 

Edit: You know what should concern us? Sen'Derrik Marks' shoulder. THAT is a cause for concern today.
You sound like one of the Gabbert supporters in 2012. Oh he's sucked and shown little promise, no worries he'll be an all pro soon enough. 

I don't think he's going to bust, but I don't get the feeling he's going to live up to his draft position. 
LT is a tough position. I think it was Dwight Freeney who, a few years ago, said something like "tackles don't know anything until their 5th year" (I'm paraphrasing here).

That being said, one of the few decisions of the new regime I don't agree with was drafting Joeckel and getting rid of Monroe. It might be awhile before Luke is as good as Monroe, if at all.
I think having some concern is fair.

Dude got flat beat several times tonight, and he got absolutely blown up by Jonathon Bostic on a play last week.
Quote:You sound like one of the Gabbert supporters in 2012. Oh he's sucked and shown little promise, no worries he'll be an all pro soon enough. 

I don't think he's going to bust, but I don't get the feeling he's going to live up to his draft position. 

It's interesting how your "feelings" are always negative.
Quote:It's interesting how your "feelings" are always negative.
It's interesting how you're trying to defend a player who's been below average since arriving to Jacksonville. I'm not trying to be "negative" I'm just stating facts and I don't know why it bothers you so much.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7