Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: D.Gratz Debate
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
Quote:come on Gratz!!! you're letting a rookie beat you!!!!

is he hurt?

Hurt? No. 

Gratz really isn't that good (nor is the overall secondary)....just in case you just joined earth...
what's the use of keeping Gratz around if he's just going to get dominated by a lanky rook?

could we steal a 6th rounder for him? if not, why not just go ahead and cut bait now?

Quote:come on Gratz!!! you're letting a rookie beat you!!!!

is he hurt?
He got beat once, then came back and forced an interception. I'll take that.
Quote:what's the use of keeping Gratz around if he's just going to get dominated by a lanky rook?

could we steal a 6th rounder for him? if not, why not just go ahead and cut bait now?

Not sure if serious, but no....

He's the best we got at this point, and they aren't trading/ cutting him. 

But hopefully over the next several offseasons the entire secondary gets upgraded. 

Quote:Not sure if serious, but no....

He's the best we got at this point, and they aren't trading/ cutting him. 

But hopefully over the next several offseasons the entire secondary gets upgraded. 
i guess i can get on board with this.

did Ball come back today?

man these guys are underwhelming in the Secondary.

we got a bunch of mid rounders and scrap heap guys back there outside of Cyp

i really want to cut bait of these guys after the season

hopefully the improved pass rush will make them look better
Quote:i guess i can get on board with this.

Krayz that you?
Quote:i guess i can get on board with this.

I like the one guy we added in this draft - Colvin. I think once healthy he might be the best player in our secondary, already. 

I'm not a Cyprien guy. I think he is massively overrated by this fan base. 
Quote:I like the one guy we added in this draft - Colvin. I think once healthy he might be the best player in our secondary, already. 

darnit! i forgot about Colvin.

i took the opportunity to check out some film, and i STAND WITH YOU on the fact that Colvin can be a big dog in the secondary.

i respectfully disagree about Cyp. i think he can be a better Double Duece Donovin Darius, especially with the ball skills. i liked that hit he put on the rook in the Bartram Trail 11 on 11.
Quote:I like the one guy we added in this draft - Colvin. I think once healthy he might be the best player in our secondary, already. 

It's not the fan base, it's Gus Bradley. He might know a thing or two about talent at the position. Cyp by all accounts has improved tremendously and is taking on the role of general out there.
I thought Gratz played well last year when he was in..
Quote:It's not the fan base, it's Gus Bradley. He might know a thing or two about talent at the position. Cyp by all accounts has improved tremendously and is taking on the role of general out there.

It has also been multiple national media outlets.

But some people choose to go all-in against players before they ever play a game. Their pretend internet ego does not allow them to do anything other than dig in one's heels.
Quote:I thought Gratz played well last year when he was in..
When healthy he was on point as a rook. They sleepin on homie. He gone show em this yr

Are people really ragging on Gratz for getting beat? Rookies beat vets sometimes. It happens as long as he's not getting beat consistently.
Quote:Are people really ragging on Gratz for getting beat? Rookies beat vets sometimes. It happens as long as he's not getting beat consistently.

I don't think Gratz is really all that good. Not now, not last year, not as a college player. 

He's probably best suited as backup material, but he's the best we got at present. 
Quote:I don't think Gratz is really all that good. Not now, not last year, not as a college player.

He's probably best suited as backup material, but he's the best we got at present.
perhaps, we will see. I do think he made some plays that make me believe he could be something. It will be really interesting to see where this team is in 5 years and what the talent looks like.
Quote:I thought Gratz played well last year when he was in..

Because he did. He really only struggled against Josh Gordan (who didnt?)
Quote:I don't think Gratz is really all that good. Not now, not last year, not as a college player. 

I think he played pretty well as a rookie in limited action.

I also am projecting him to become better.  Maybe he does, maybe he doesn't.  I don't foresee pro bowls for him or anything, but more like a solid starter - which is alright for a 3rd round rookie IMO.

You gotta admit at least to some degree, TMD, you're not high on Gratz just because you didn't like him to begin with.  You're definitely not going to give him the benefit of the doubt.

Lol at back up material.

He was a middle tier corner (no pass rush) as a rookie and showed flashes of very good coverage ability. Allowed a qb rating of 75 when thrown at him (better than Revis).

Whether you like it or not he will be a long term fixture at corner in Jacksonville. You give people grief for overrating players but you underrate players way more.
Quote:Lol at back up material.

He was a middle tier corner (no pass rush) as a rookie and showed flashes of very good coverage ability. Allowed a qb rating of 75 when thrown at him (better than Revis).

Whether you like it or not he will be a long term fixture at corner in Jacksonville. You give people grief for overrating players but you underrate players way more.

This, nicely done bleedingteal. Gratz was solid last year, and should only get better with experience and as the defense gets better around him.
Quote:Lol at back up material.

But its his fool proof eye test...the same one that led him to say Jarrett Dillard would be a star and Cecil Shorts would be out of the league after a year
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8