Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: Mercedes Lewis says "I don't believe anyone can cover me"
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10
Am i missing something?  Where does he get off being all confident and kinda boasting on his skills.  He is a good blocker but not at all a great receiver.

http://www.jaguars.com/media-gallery/vid...b1c0c5367e

Typo:  Marcedes Lewis. 

IDK it comes off as arrogant.

Not only is he good at blocking LBs; he also excels at blocking the football.
I think he meant to say that he hopes that they don't count on him to cover the spread. :yes:

Why bother covering a guy who can't catch it anyway?  :whistling:

Quote:Why bother covering a guy who can't catch it anyway?  :whistling:

Was about to post something similar. 

LOL....Marcedes talking ability smack....this would be like Dan Uggla saying that pitchers are afraid to throw one over the fat part of the plate to him... 

Hey, he's going into the season with some swag. Can't complain about that.

I hope he has a fantastic year.
Lewis had some big plays in 2013, I predict with more opportunities, he can get back to his pro bowl level of play.

Marcedes Ocho Nuevo.
Quote:Hey, he's going into the season with some swag. Can't complain about that.
Swag doesn't win football games.  Work ethic and a drive to excel win football games.
Except the 50 yards line can cover him. Dude trips over nothing constantly
this will be the best year of his career, barring injury.

bortles will understand that a 6'6 person can probably do work on 3'2 midget

Not a big fan of trashing players on the team I'm a fan of. I hope he can put up a great year.

Quote:Am i missing something? Where does he get off being all confident and kinda boasting on his skills. He is a good blocker but not at all a great receiver.

<a class="bbc_url" href='http://www.jaguars.com/media-gallery/videos/Sexton-Spotlight-Marcedes-Lewis/5746be32-a232-4689-9e7e-edb1c0c5367e'>http://www.jaguars.com/media-gallery/videos/Sexton-Spotlight-Marcedes-Lewis/5746be32-a232-4689-9e7e-edb1c0c5367e</a>

Typo: Marcedes Lewis.

IDK it comes off as arrogant.

So what should he have said then?

"I'm average at everything I do" and "I suck at life"?

He's a good TE. Not elite, not horrible, he's good. The only people who have a problem with this are the ones with an agenda.
To be fair when they started throwing to him 1 on 1 he caught a fair few TDs
I'm all for arrogance. And I hope he makes an impact as a receiver this season. He's done it once before.
Quote:Except the 50 yards line can cover him. Dude trips over nothing constantly

haha, so true! Laughing

Also its always great on some of the few times he actually advances to the open field and instead of trucking over the 50 lbs lighter DB ahead of him, Marcedes instead tries to finesse his way around the DB...thats always good times... :wacko:

I didn't know it was already a contract year for Marcedes again!#:-)
Give the guy some credit, he just wants to be in beast mode for the start of the year.  He can block and expects to get some yards with either Henne or Bortles at qb.  He should have a great year.  Pro Bowl?  I don't know, but certainly a solid campaign.

I'm sure he is happy.

This will be the first time in about 4 years that he won't be forced to compensate for a turnstile at RT or have a completely inept QB throwing the ball.

I could see this easily being his best season baring injury.

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10