Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: Sanders on roster bubble?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11
per rotoworld:

The Florida Times Union believes Jaguars second-year WR Ace Sanders could be on the roster bubble.

Sanders was the 101st overall pick in last April's draft. "5-foot-7 players who don't make guys miss don't have a ton of value," writes beat reporter Ryan O'Halloran. Sanders averaged just 9.5 YPR on 51 grabs as a rookie, breaking an anemic four tackles. He was the Jaguars' primary slot receiver and lined up in the backfield some. Jacksonville drafted Allen Robinson and Marqise Lee in the second round last month. They plan to use Cecil Shorts in the slot more this season, and that's Sanders' position.

Admittedly, I wasn't the biggest fan of this draft pick, but this seems rather sudden/ early to be potentially giving up on the guy. 

lol Sanders isn't going anywhere.

I don't see it happening.  Who are we keeping ahead of him?

[Image: 30bmex0.jpg]

If nothing else, his punt return ability keeps him on the team.
I wonder when we'll hear that he's in the program?

Quote:I wonder when we'll hear that he's in the program?

Que?
Quote:Que?

Why else would they start leaking word that he's in danger of being cut? It ain't because of age, salary, or talent.

But then, I'm a conspiracy theorist always looking beyond the stated for the unstated.
Related to what Bullseye expressed,  how much did Ace Sanders contribute to other facets of Special Teams,  in addition to his role as the team's Primary Punt Returner?    Especially,  regarding the coverage units?

Yes.. Let's cut ties with a 4th round, second year receiver who showed promise last season with 51 receptions, just under 500 yards and a TD.. Especially with Blackmon's future still in question..

We already cleaned house as an organisation, new players, new coaches and a new owner.. Time for The Times Union to do the same..

I believe it was Ryan O'Halloran who stated he thought Ace was in danger of being cut last week on Jaguars Today. The idea wasn't met with much support from the other guys.

One of his points was that Ace ranked dead last in punt return average and that Tandon Doss was first.

From that perspective it kinda makes sense, but I seriously doubt Ace is cut. He showed impressive versatility in Fisch's system last year- as a rookie no less. Besides, he is honestly only 1 of 3 proven guys on the roster, a list that includes Mike Brown.

Also the way that it seems a grenade went off in the WR meeting room recently, I'm guessing a player or players gets PUP'd and/or IR'd giving the team a little more flexibility.
Quote:I believe it was Ryan O'Halloran who stated he thought Ace was in danger of being cut last week on Jaguars Today. The idea wasn't met with much support from the other guys.

One of his points was that Ace ranked dead last in punt return average and that Tandon Doss was first.

From that perspective it kinda makes sense, but I seriously doubt Ace is cut. He showed impressive versatility in Fisch's system last year- as a rookie no less. Besides, he is honestly only 1 of 3 proven guys on the roster, a list that includes Mike Brown.

Also the way that it seems a grenade went off in the WR meeting room recently, I'm guessing a player or players gets PUP'd and/or IR'd giving the team a little more flexibility.

I remember ace took one to the house during one game but got called back on a penalty, I think on thursday night football. Itll be interesting to see who wins the punt return job
I really doubt he's cut.
Considering we have Jerry Sullivan as our WR's coach, I think its very important we give these new drafted WR's atleast two years. If Sullivan can't make them show some promise then nobody will. As such, Get rid' of em.

If Sanders doesn't take a leap forward this year, Then I think we can start closing the book on him.

I Think that Denard is Ace's biggest competition as I envision them filling similar roles.

I know one is listed as a RB and one a WR, but both will be running fly sweeps, catching swing passes, and quick hitches, and screens, as well as the trick play every now and then.

If Denard ends up being the answer there, Ace may be gone.
I'd think if Ace was the odd man out, that the Jags would be able to get a draft pick for him in trade. 

If Mike Thomas can fetch a 5th rounder, years into his Jags tenure with diminishing production at the time, then I can't see why Sanders - a second year player with decent production totals last season as a rookie, cannot fetch at least a similar return. 

Quote:I Think that Denard is Ace's biggest competition as I envision them filling similar roles.

I know one is listed as a RB and one a WR, but both will be running fly sweeps, catching swing passes, and quick hitches, and screens, as well as the trick play every now and then.

If Denard ends up being the answer there, Ace may be gone.

Ace showed WAY more promise than Denard last season.. I think Denard would really have to pick up the pace to even be considered in this convo. Even then, If it came down to either Denard or Ace if they had similar production, I'd have to think it would be Denard as the odd man out since RB's are a dime a dozen.. 
An anemic four broken tackles lol
Especially with this offense is slowly transforming into a passing offense..
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11