Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: Jaguars will NOT release Justin Blackmon upon reinstatement
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11
Just got the ding on my phone from a sports app.  Thoughts?  Any chance of him coming back this year?

If/when He can comeback he will. No point in releasing him.
If true that suggests to me the current Jags brass is smart.   :thumbsup:

No reason that they should be releasing Blackmon, at all at that point. 

The only and I mean only situation that Blackmon should be released by the Jags is if he gets suspended by the NFL for life. 

Like most have said all along there is no point in releasing him.

Also, given the NY Giants situation with Will Hill its not surprising, as if the Jags really wanted to simply release him, they could have done it by now. They apparently didn't need to wait for any re-instatement, anyway. 

The best thing to do in this situation is wait it out. The Jags have already covered themselves for Blackmon's absence on the field with the additions of Lee and Robinson. If Blackmon cleans up his act, and returns, then we add Blackmon to that bunch, making a potentially historic NFL WR trio. 

Quote:If true that suggests to me the current Jags brass is smart.   :thumbsup:

The only and I mean only situation that Blackmon should be released by the Jags is if he gets suspended by the NFL for life. 
This
Having not seen the tweet/post/etc in question, and looking solely at the topic heading here, he could theoretically be released before reinstatement and it would still be true.

But I don't see that happening.  If they said they would keep him upon reinstatement, that lets me think they won't simply let him walk.

Good.

If he gets his life together, he becomes a weapon for the Jaguars.  If he doesn't, he remains suspended, not on the active roster, not costing the Jaguars anything, all while not hurting the Jaguars by playing for an opponent.

I salivate at the the thout of CSIII, JB, ML, and AB on the field at the same time. Here's to hoping it happens one day.

Quote:I salivate at the the thout of CSIII, JB, ML, and AB on the field at the same time. Here's to hoping it happens one day.

LOL @ the inclusion of "ML" above....he'll be gone in a year thank God...

and.....who the hell is AB??

edit: OOPS.....At first I thought the "ML" you were referring to was Marcedes Lewis, lol....You really meant Marquise Lee, right? In that case, ok. 

But still want to know who AB is...

Quote:LOL @ the inclusion of "ML" above....he'll be gone in a year thank God...

pretty sure he meant Lee not Lewis. AB is probably AR.
btw heres the blurb, per rotoworld....

ESPN's Ed Werder reports the Jaguars don't plan to release suspended WR Justin Blackmon.

The Jaguars are allowed to release Blackmon during his indefinite suspension, but they have no plans to do so and want him to return once reinstated. The team has no idea if, or when, Blackmon will be back in the NFL after multiple violations of the substance-abuse policy. He's being viewed merely as a luxury.
Glad to hear that the Jags do still want Blackmon to return and allegedly have no plans to merely release him, not now and not later. 

The Jags brass are handling this correctly. 

Quote:btw heres the blurb, per rotoworld....

ESPN's Ed Werder reports the Jaguars don't plan to release suspended WR Justin Blackmon.

The Jaguars are allowed to release Blackmon during his indefinite suspension, but they have no plans to do so and want him to return once reinstated. The team has no idea if, or when, Blackmon will be back in the NFL after multiple violations of the substance-abuse policy. He's being viewed merely as a luxury.

And this is news? They've been saying this for how long now?
As soon as possible, I would try to trade him for whatever you could get. 

Quote:LOL @ the inclusion of "ML" above....he'll be gone in a year thank God...

edit: OOPS.....At first I thought the "ML" you were referring to was Marcedes Lewis, lol....You really meant Marquise Lee, right? In that case, ok. 

But still want to know who AB is...

Yea I was referring to Lee, and meant to type AR for A-Rob. I'm not a Lewis fan.
Quote:As soon as possible, I would try to trade him for whatever you could get. 

cLoWn post in quote. 

Quote:As soon as possible, I would try to trade him for whatever you could get. 
Why? Whats with people wanting to trade away Shorts & Blackmon? Just because we drafted Lee & Robinson? imagine going 5 wide with Blackmon,Shorts,Lee,Robinson & Sanders. That could rival any core in the NFL.

Quote:If true that suggests to me the current Jags brass is smart.   :thumbsup:

So just this little blurb "suggests" the people running this team are smart? 

You have no idea how ridiculous that comment sounds.

Let's talk about clown posts, shall we?
When he is reinstated is when he becomes a worthwhile commodity again.

Why on earth would they cut him then?

Quote:Why? Whats with people wanting to trade away Shorts & Blackmon? Just because we drafted Lee & Robinson? imagine going 5 wide with Blackmon,Shorts,Lee,Robinson & Sanders. That could rival any core in the NFL.

I don't see the Jaguars trading Blackmon.  He either sinks or swims here.  If they release him, it's because he's never going to find his way back into the league.  If they sit on him, it costs them nothing.  It's not eating cap.  It's not taking up a roster spot. 

The hope here is that Blackmon can get back on track with his life, and if that does indeed happen, the Jaguars will benefit by having him on the field.  If he can make that return, I seriously doubt the team would trade him unless they got some ridiculous offer.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11