Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: Shad bringing out the big guns
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
<a class="" href='https://twitter.com/AdamSchefter'>Adam Schefter ‏@AdamSchefter </a> <a class="" href='https://twitter.com/AdamSchefter/status/812627802965102592' title="6:55 AM - 24 Dec 2016">4m4 minutes ago</a>

<p class="">Jaguars hired Jed Hughes of Korn Ferry Intl, which conducts executive searches, to assist hiring a head coach, league sources tell ESPN.

<p class=""> 

<p class="">http://www.forbes.com/sites/jasonbelzer/...89199a7b65

<p class=""> 

<p class="">This is encouraging.

Smart plan by a true business man!!

He's trying man. He has the money and resources and he's not shy about shelling it out to get it done. I think he takes a lot of pride in what he does in life. It has to be burning his [BLEEP] up having such a bad franchise in his name. 

He did this with Fulham too and Jokanovic is a boss. Hopefully this hire works out as well. 

Not knocking it but is it really needed?
Quote:Not knocking it but is it really needed?
It would appear so after our GM has failed so miserably on selecting our former head coach and our supposed 'franchise quarterback'. Of course, the 'jury is still out' in some peoples minds regarding Bortles; the rationalization being that Bortles was the victim of poor coaching. Well, I say that our coaches have been to some degree the victim of poor quarterback play from Bortles... but we'll see. 
Quote:Not knocking it but is it really needed?

14 wins in the last four years. Currently on an all time low in franchise history with 9 straight losses in a row. I'd say yes. 
Quote:It would appear so after our GM has failed so miserably on selecting our former head coach and our supposed 'franchise quarterback'. Of course, the 'jury is still out' in some peoples minds regarding Bortles; the rationalization being that Bortles was the victim of poor coaching. Well, I say that our coaches have been to some degree the victim of poor quarterback play from Bortles... but we'll see.

Is it reading too much into it to suggest Shad doesn't white trust Caldwell to select the new HC?
Quote:Is it reading too much into it to suggest Shad doesn't white trust Caldwell to select the new HC?

Nope. Not reading too much into it at all in my opinion. I think it's a good sign that he doesn't have a lot of confidence in Caldwell and that he's thinking after 2017 that they'll have to part ways depending on the win / loss column. 

Don't look too much into it, the cost to hire this guy is probably less than 250k. That's like us spending 20 dollars, not even a drop in the bucket for Shad.
Quote:Is it reading too much into it to suggest Shad doesn't white trust Caldwell to select the new HC?
I kinda took that from it as well. Not to mention it could possibly mean if they find the right coach but said coach wants control of personnel Dave could be gone??

I'd say the biggest thing is, Shad wants the right coach that'll get the job done and win.
Quote:Don't look too much into it, the cost to hire this guy is probably less than 250k. That's like us spending 20 dollars, not even a drop in the bucket for Shad.

I'm not sure what this guy charges. But I'm fairly certain any NFL owner could afford to pay him. Yeah, shad is a billionaire. He rich. I get it. Idk why people act as if shad is the only owner with money.
I think this is embarassing to be honest.What a waste of time and money! If they don't know who the good candidates are they shouldn't own a franchise!
Quote:Don't look too much into it, the cost to hire this guy is probably less than 250k. That's like us spending 20 dollars, not even a drop in the bucket for Shad.
its not about how much he charges or what Khan paid. Its about his track record. I dont care if he charges 10 bucks or 10 million. As long as he pick the right coach that can turn this team around. If he can do that whatever it was it will be worth it
The only "fly in the ointment" in that article was recommending Strong at Texas.

Same firm that brought John Idzik to the Jets lol
Quote:Same firm that brought John Idzik to the Jets lol

Ouch!

Quote:I think this is embarassing to be honest.What a waste of time and money! If they don't know who the good candidates are they shouldn't own a franchise!
I'm not quite sure how this could possibly be seen as embarrassing.  The track record Jed Hughes has developed in identifying talent and matching that to the right organization is pretty impressive.  They're not going to get it right 100% of the time, but based on what he has accomplished, there's a reason he's sought out in situations like this.  To say it's "embarrassing" is just plain ignorance because you don't understand what his role will be.  As far as it being a waste of money, who cares?  Are you writing the checks? 
Quote:I'm not quite sure how this could possibly be seen as embarrassing. The track record Jed Hughes has developed in identifying talent and matching that to the right organization is pretty impressive. They're not going to get it right 100% of the time, but based on what he has accomplished, there's a reason he's sought out in situations like this. To say it's "embarrassing" is just plain ignorance because you don't understand what his role will be. As far as it being a waste of money, who cares? Are you writing the checks?

John Idzik to the Jets and Hue Jackson to the Browns are some blunders.

It shows a lack of faith in Caldwell, after Khan said Dave would lead the search.
Quote:John Idzik to the Jets and Hue Jackson to the Browns are some blunders.

It shows a lack of faith in Caldwell, after Khan said Dave would lead the search.

Nobody is 100% perfect. Clearly they're getting it right more often than not. Otherwise he wouldn't be landing new clients. I love how you always fixate on the negative while completely ignoring the successes he has had.

It has nothing to do with not trusting Caldwelll. It has everything to do with giving him every possible advantage to make the right decision. Only someone if your ilk would try to turn that into a negative.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8