Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: I still have hope for Blake Bortles!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
Well obviously 2016 has been a nightmare season for the Jacksonville Jaguars Quarterback! I wonder if

he's been a victim of bad Coaching? A victim of Young and immature? I wonder if perhaps injuries are

problem? I remember there were reports after rookie season that he had a dead arm! I wonder if the

amount of hits he took in first 2 NFL seasons has took a tole on him? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MLrFUoeQTMo
He broke every franchise passing record at a very young age. ..he most likely didnt train as hard in the off season. . This season is either a wake up call or hes done.

Dave absolutely needs to bring some competition in
I think we all still have hope, but we still need a backup plan in case this happens again.

That's good, that makes one of us.
I do too, let's hope he looks better next season.

Definitely need some competent competition, though.

How many offensive coordinators has he had?

He's having to learn his offense & how defenses react.
Quote:How many offensive coordinators has he had?

Three - Jedd Fisch, Greg Olson, and Nathaniel Hackett. Remember Hackett is using the same playbook Olson did.
Quote:How many offensive coordinators has he had?

Thanks to a fan of a divisional opponent to put some intellectual perspective into this conversation.

I'm sure every forum has it's share of boneheads, but this place seems to be infested. They have to ALWAYS be blaming something. As soon as that person is no longer part of the equation, they move on to their next target.

Clockwork.
By any decent NFL standard, he simply can't throw well enough or read defenses well enough -- both being major understatements. A lethal combination. It won't change, and yes it was all there in 2015 too, a la 2016 at Titans stats, as he has NEVER passed the eye test. I feel sorry for the position he finds himself in, despite the $$$ he's made. He has as much a chance of staying a long term NFL qb as me or my boys do, which means he's out by 2018 and hopefully sooner for Jags' sake. The sooner we realize and acknowledge this, the sooner we can get to becoming a competitive and WINNING football team.
Quote:By any decent NFL standard, he simply can't throw well enough or read defenses well enough -- both being major understatements. A lethal combination. It won't change, and yes it was all there in 2015 too, a la 2016 at Titans stats, as he has NEVER passed the eye test. I feel sorry for the position he finds himself in, despite the $$$ he's made. He has as much a chance of staying a long term NFL qb as me or my boys do, which means he's out by 2018 and hopefully sooner for Jags' sake. The sooner we realize and acknowledge this, the sooner we can get to becoming a competitive and WINNING football team.

How is it possible to watch all of our 2015 games and think Blake Bortles never passed the eye test?
He is really bad
Quote:He is really bad

THIS YEAR.

He was really good last year.

Bortles has been trash every year.

https://www.reddit.com/r/Jaguars/comment...e_bortles/

Quote:How is it possible to watch all of our 2015 games and think Blake Bortles never passed the eye test?
very easy actually, and I said it then. Go back and look. Do you think he played good this year against the Titans too??
I had hope.. It got pick 6'd

Quote:I had hope.. It got pick 6'd
[Image: zkedg3B.gif]
Quote:THIS YEAR.

He was really good last year.
Bortles wasn't as bad last year (how could it be much worse than this year?).

But, he made a lot of crucial boneheaded mistakes in quite a few games last season too.

Remember the Atlanta game? Jags were down a little near the end of the 1st half. The Jags drive the ball all the way down to around the 10yd line. Bortles throws a ridiculous INT right at the goal line. The Atlanta defender runs it nearly all the way back for a TD,, and ATL ends up with a FG before half.

Instead of the Jags getting 7 points there (or at the very least a FG),, ATL gets 3 points. That was a 10 point swing just like that.

He threw INTs deep in his own territory against SD, BALT, etc....

Yes, he was better in 2015 than this year. But he wasnt "really good" last year by any stretch of the imagination.

Just my opinion.

You're entitled to your own though.
December 2016 I am a Blake Bortles believer. He'll set all the franchise records when it's said and done.
Quote:He broke every franchise passing record at a very young age. ..he most likely didnt train as hard in the off season. . This season is either a wake up call or hes done.

Dave absolutely needs to bring some competition in

^This

Quote:<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="WingerDinger" data-cid="925019" data-time="1482452896">

I had hope.. It got pick 6'd
[Image: zkedg3B.gif]</blockquote>

That body language pisses me off. Probably the biggest reason I have given up on Bortles.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8