Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: Tony Khan
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6
During Gus's press conference he mentioned his relationship with Tony and all his Analytics crap. He also said Tony was a part of the firing conversation of Gus.

How much pull does Tony have with this organization? I know his dad owns the thing, but is he a part of most decisions around this franchise?

Personally I fear the day when Tony takes over this franchise. I think he will make Dan Snyder look like a football Genius.
Tony Khan has no say on anything football wise. He presents data to whoever needs it. He told Caldwell to draft Beasley over Fowler as far as I know.
Quote:During Gus's press conference he mentioned his relationship with Tony and all his Analytics crap. He also said Tony was a part of the firing conversation of Gus.

How much pull does Tony have with this organization? I know his dad owns the thing, but is he a part of most decisions around this franchise?

Personally I fear the day when Tony takes over this franchise. I think he will make Dan Snyder look like a football Genius.
Yea I can picture tony khan crying during meetings and threats to "tell daddy"
Wait, did Gus tee off on Tony's moneyball analytics? Anyone got a clip or a transcript?

Tony Khan reminds me of the kid from The Toy.
Quote:Wait, did Gus tee off on Tony's moneyball analytics? Anyone got a clip or a transcript?

I interjected the "crap" part. If I remember correctly mentioned meeting with Tony weekly and his relationship with him. You can only assume they discussed Tony's analytics .
Quote:Tony Khan has no say on anything football wise. He presents data to whoever needs it. He told Caldwell to draft Beasley over Fowler as far as I know.

Tony has the ear of the man that pulls all of the strings.  He is also technically the secondary owner of the team.  

I would not assume he has "no say."   I'd say that he has some significant influence. 
Quote:Tony Khan has no say on anything football wise. He presents data to whoever needs it. He told Caldwell to draft Beasley over Fowler as far as I know.

With all due respect, where in the heck did you get this info?
Quote:With all due respect, where in the heck did you get this info?
J-Dub's cat

first of all, you don't know that.

second of all, more and more people are saying that Tony is actually a big piece of the decision-making puzzle.  That was confirmed today by Dave.
Analytics clearly dont work. I hope Shad sends Tony on an errand when interviewing candidates. Tonys wizardry will scare any decent person off.
Tony is the heir, he'll probably learn a lot while watching in the back seat. I'm sure he'll be a great owner.
Quote:Analytics clearly dont work.
I'd love to see you try to convince Theo Epstein of that statement's validity. 
Quote:I'd love to see you try to convince Theo Epstein of that statement's validity.

I dint follow baseball so I had to Google who that is. They dint work in the NFL. Too many variables.
Quote:With all due respect, where in the heck did you get this info?

After a quick fact check it appears it came out of my [BLEEP].
Quote:I dint follow baseball so I had to Google who that is. They dint work in the NFL. Too many variables.

The variables are much greater and present a greater challenge.  With analytics being relatively new to the NFL -- it will take time for them to take hold and become effective tools.  I believe that in time analytics will become a normal part of certain decisions for NFL front offices and coach's meeting rooms. 

It's not there yet, but it's still in it's infancy for the NFL. 
Quote:I'd love to see you try to convince Theo Epstein of that statement's validity.

For every Theo Epstein there is Billy Beane.
Quote:Tony has the ear of the man that pulls all of the strings. He is also technically the secondary owner of the team.

I would not assume he has "no say." I'd say that he has some significant influence.

I'd be surprised if he has any say on what goes on football wise. Sure he can input his two cents and he runs the analytics department but I'd doubt he actually has ever decided anything for Caldwell or Gus.
Quote:The variables are much greater and present a greater challenge. With analytics being relatively new to the NFL -- it will take time for them to take hold and become effective tools. I believe that in time analytics will become a normal part of certain decisions for NFL front offices and coach's meeting rooms.

It's not there yet, but it's still in it's infancy for the NFL.

I dont follow them too closely but do they measure doing negative things at the most inopportune time and their impact on the overall game?
Quote:For every Theo Epstein there is Billy Beane.
To which of those would you liken Tony Khan? 
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6