Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: Gerhart agrees to terms w/ Jaguars
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15
Per rotoworld

FOX Sports' Mike Garafolo reports the 49ers, Jaguars and Browns are interested in free agent RB Gerhart

I dont know why, rather have mjd back
Gerhart is too slow for our speedy team !!!

I hope this is false, there are so many better rb's in this draft than him

He's only 26 and has been behind AP his entire career. Would be a decent signing, I don't think we're going to have a "feature back" from now on, rotating between Todman/Robinson and possibly Gerhart?

I keep seeing this "I hope such and such isn't true, better players exist in the draft". Sure they do, but rookies are rookies and you need to fill a roster with players. We need depth all over the roster, nothing stopping us picking up Decker, Gerhart and whoever else and also drafting players in those positions. Half the problem with this team over the past 5 years is that when one player went down we where throwing in a bum who wouldn't get on another teams practice squad.

I would love a Gerhart signing
Quote:Gerhart is too slow for our speedy team !!!
We quick doe
Quote:Gerhart is too slow for our speedy team !!!

We can have Robinson or draft a speed back to be the faster option.
Ryan O'Halloran ‏<span style="color:rgb(177,187,195);">@ryanohalloran</span>  1m
<p style="color:rgb(41,47,51);font-family:Arial, sans-serif;background-color:rgb(245,248,250);">#Jaguars agreed to terms with RB Toby Gerhart.

<p style="color:rgb(41,47,51);font-family:Arial, sans-serif;background-color:rgb(245,248,250);"> 

<p style="color:rgb(41,47,51);font-family:Arial, sans-serif;background-color:rgb(245,248,250);">I like the signing we need a power back, we can get our number 1 back in the draft 

We just signed him. Unbelievable
<a class="" href='https://twitter.com/ryanohalloran'>Ryan O'Halloran ‏<span style="color:rgb(177,187,195);">@ryanohalloran</span> </a> <a class="" href='https://twitter.com/ryanohalloran/status/443558059571699712'>1m</a>
<p class="" style="color:rgb(41,47,51);font-family:Arial, sans-serif;background-color:rgb(245,248,250);"><a class="" href='https://twitter.com/search?q=%23Jaguars&src=hash'>#Jaguars</a> agreed to terms with RB Toby Gerhart.

If the Jaguars signed Toby Gerhart,  I envision him as part of a 1-2 punch.  With a RB with more speed and change of direction skills being the other RB.  Much like the Reggie Bush/ Joique Bell tandem with the Lions.   I doubt Gerhart would be a bell cow RB game in,  game out. 

As posted in the other thread...

Quote:<div>
He's only 26 and has been behind AP his entire career. Would be a decent signing, I don't think we're going to have a "feature back" from now on, rotating between Todman/Robinson and possibly Gerhart?

I keep seeing this "I hope such and such isn't true, better players exist in the draft". Sure they do, but rookies are rookies and you need to fill a roster with players. We need depth all over the roster, nothing stopping us picking up Decker, Gerhart and whoever else and also drafting players in those positions. Half the problem with this team over the past 5 years is that when one player went down we where throwing in a bum who wouldn't get on another teams practice squad.

</div>
Good signing, we need a bigger guy to go with our speedy guys.
Why not instead trade one of our 400 late round picks for Bryce Brown, who is younger, faster and better?

Meeeh
Good signing. Welcome to the Jags Toby.

Why not I guess.
As long as he's cheap, I'm fine with it. In the couple Minnesota games I watched last season, Gerhart seemed to play well though.

Absolutely not on board with this, unless his contract neighbors around the veteran minimum.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15