Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: Bridgewater or Kirk Cousins
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11
Assumming Bridgewater falls to us, do we take him at a top 5 spot or give up a 2nd round (and maybe an additional late rounder) for Cousins?

I'm actually wondering the same thing. I trust Caldwell to get the best player for our team. Although, I don't think we'll get Cousins.

I think it would be cool to get Cousins, however anymore passing games like today it will take more than a second.

Quote:I think it would be cool to get Cousins, however anymore passing games like today it will take more than a second.

2 picks and 2 fumbles. Hard pass. I'll keep the 2nd and take Teddy.
Texans go Clowney get Cousins

Jaguars go Bridgewater with 3rd pick and get a passrusher 2nd round. 

We need our draft picks, especially our 2nd rounder. No thanks to Cousins.
Quote:I think it would be cool to get Cousins, however anymore passing games like today it will take more than a second.

I don't think he was that impressive
Bridgewater.

Well, that's assuming that Washington would trade him away for such. Or at all.

Trade away a quarterback who has only played a very limited number of games in 2 years, but shown a lot of potential in those games, to leave you with what as a backup behind your just-as-young, star but injury-prone quarterback?

Yeah, I don't see that happening this off-season without someone paying a rather large ransom.

I'm starting to see TB too.
Teddy but I wouldn't be upset going with Cousins either.
I'm too drunk to understand why anyone would want Cousins....  Besides Steve Young and Brett Farvre can anyone remember a young QB traded that resulted in a franchise QB that ensured a team for multiple years???

id give up a 2nd round pick and maybe a later round 6th or 7th for Cousins, that way we can use our first pick on Clowney/Barr. I think Caldwell is going to take care of the o-line in FA

Quote:I'm too drunk to understand why anyone would want Cousins....  Besides Steve Young and Brett Farvre can anyone remember a young QB traded that resulted in a franchise QB that ensured a team for multiple years???
drew brees
Quote:I'm too drunk to understand why anyone would want Cousins.... Besides Steve Young and Brett Farvre can anyone remember a young QB traded that resulted in a franchise QB that ensured a team for multiple years???

Mark Brunell?
Quote:drew brees

Oh yeah!  Good one!

Quote:Mark Brunell?

I'll concede it.  But he didn't win a SB...
Quote:drew brees

Brees wasn't traded. He was a FA and coming off of the injury.

I was going to say Brunell, but was beat to it. And I know someone will surely argue that he somehow wasn't significant enough (as if we wouldn't take such currently, ha!).
Quote:Brees wasn't traded. He was a FA and coming off of the injury.

I was going to say Brunell, but was beat to it. And I know someone will surely argue that he somehow wasn't significant enough (as if we wouldn't take such currently, ha!).

Brett Favre was a basket case. Young couldn't beat out Jack Thompson. Cousins can at least play there in Washington.

TB over Cousins.
I will take Nick Foles over Cousins. Any time a team is trying to trade a QB, you don't want that QB. I think Houstan ended up with the best case scenario in that realm with Schaub, and it still isn't ending pretty. When you trade for a guy, you trade for someone who they don't think too much of right now. Like when Farve was traded from Falcons, like when Brunnel was gotten from GB, etc.

So in that vein you would want to look at someone like Ryan Mallet, or someone like that. Not Cousins, who we know Washington is trying to sell hard. If anything you steal RG3; not his backup who is playing so good they just can't wait to trade him. Getting Foles last year would have been a good trade. Getting Cousins this year looks a Schaub trade at best. And thats just not good enough to me.

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11