Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: Not Cool With Tanking The Season!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
Dear Mr.Khan it is more then obvious that the G.M. the coach and coordinators are in some agreement to throwing the towel in on this season and building for the future. Is it fair to the fans who wait all off season for football, to be put through this? Is this fair to the season-ticket holders who bought their tickets after last years horrible season! We as fans deserve to see quality on the field, We shouldnt see a huge turnaround in players, but still see the core players who deserve to be gone still playing, referring to the QB position..I believe in rebuilding, but not this way. YOU HAVE TO GO FORWARD NOT BACKWARDS!
I'm cool with Bridgewater
Quote:Dear Mr.Khan it is more then obvious that the G.M. the coach and coordinators are in some agreement to throwing the towel in on this season and building for the future. Is it fair to the fans who wait all off season for football, to be put through this? Is this fair to the season-ticket holders who bought their tickets after last years horrible season! We as fans deserve to see quality on the field, We shouldnt see a huge turnaround in players, but still see the core players who deserve to be gone still playing, referring to the QB position..I believe in rebuilding, but not this way. YOU HAVE TO GO FORWARD NOT BACKWARDS!
Oh boy, you're asking for it!
The Monroe trade sacrificed both the short-term and long-term in favor of money. The quality of the team will not be improved because of this trade at any point, and that's what's dissapointing
i just want to see a competitive team, something to cheer for after the 1st quarter.

The fair comes around one a year.

Quote:i just want to see a competitive team, something to cheer for after the 1st quarter.

Your just being greedy, stop asking for such lofty expectations!
Quote:Dear Mr.Khan it is more then obvious that the G.M. the coach and coordinators are in some agreement to throwing the towel in on this season and building for the future. Is it fair to the fans who wait all off season for football, to be put through this? Is this fair to the season-ticket holders who bought their tickets after last years horrible season! We as fans deserve to see quality on the field, We shouldnt see a huge turnaround in players, but still see the core players who deserve to be gone still playing, referring to the QB position..I believe in rebuilding, but not this way. YOU HAVE TO GO FORWARD NOT BACKWARDS!
Oh boo hoo.

I anxiously await your next whiny post.
Quote:Your just being greedy, stop asking for such lofty expectations!
yeah sorry i guess i'll just be happy with the great 4th and 5th round picks we got for monroe  :woot:
Quote:The quality of the team will not be improved because of this trade at any point, and that's what's dissapointing
That would be very disappointing and it's a possibility - but I think you are jumping the gun a little bit.  

Can't really say until we see what's done with those picks.   Yeah - I sound like a broken record - but if he trades up with those 2 picks he could land a quality player.

He won't be first round talent like Monroe - but all indicators are pointing to Monroe not being a Jag next year regardless - so at least they got something for him before he walked.   I don't like the value received in return for Monroe either, but we don't know what those picks will produce yet. 
Moron.

After we win this week, and the line preforms better, what will you whine about next week.
Quote:After we win this week, and the line preforms better, what will you whine about next week.

The same people complaining now will complain when the team wins because they are costing themselves draft positon. Watch.
I'm sure you'll be complaining for the next 10 years when Teddy B is in the pocket too.
Quote:That would be very disappointing and it's a possibility - but I think you are jumping the gun a little bit.  

Can't really say until we see what's done with those picks.   Yeah - I sound like a broken record - but if he trades up with those 2 picks he could land a quality player.

He won't be first round talent like Monroe - but all indicators are pointing to Monroe not being a Jag next year regardless - so at least they got something for him before he walked.   I don't like the value received in return for Monroe either, but we don't know what those picks will produce yet. 

Honest question:  Can you think of a senario where another GM would take a 4th and a 5th for a 2nd or 3rd? 

I don't see that happening all that often... 
Quote:Honest question:  Can you think of a senario where another GM would take a 4th and a 5th for a 2nd or 3rd? 

Sure I could see another team taking a 4th and 5th for a late round 3rd.   Definitely 2 fourths would get you a 3rd round pick. Saints and dolphins did it this year. 

Since our 4th and 5th round selections will be so early in those rounds they could garner a mid to late 3rd rounder. 
Quote:Honest question:  Can you think of a senario where another GM would take a 4th and a 5th for a 2nd or 3rd? 

A 3rd definitely, especially for the next year's draft. Belichick is the king of that.

trollin'

Quote:I'm cool with Bridgewater

me too, so is any logical thinking fan

Quote:The Monroe trade sacrificed both the short-term and long-term in favor of money. The quality of the team will not be improved because of this trade at any point, and that's what's dissapointing

I don't think Monroe was traded because of money. Perhaps I'm wrong. I think they were leery of Joeckel regressing, as he was not a good fit at ORT, and IMO he has much higher upside than Monroe at OLT. 

Quote:I'm sure you'll be complaining for the next 10 years when Teddy B is in the pocket too.

I sure won't be....unless he's in the pocket for another team, that is
Quote: 

I don't think Monroe was traded because of money. Perhaps I'm wrong. I think they were leery of Joeckel regressing, as he was not a good fit at ORT, and IMO he has much higher upside than Monroe at OLT. 

Yes, we finally agree!  Oh, wait, no we don't fully.  They see Joeckel as a better talent at LT and weren't going to pay Monroe the LT money other teams are willing to pay just to play RT next year.

He was no second or third his play has fallen off the last two years and this year he was in a contract year. Just because the rest of the team was so bad everyone wants to elevate him to a top ten status. He was gone next year and we might have gotten a comp pick in the fifth round.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7