Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: Caldwell Not Shopping Current Players....
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11
per rotoworld: 

According to the NFL Network, the Jaguars are not shopping veteran players ahead of the Oct. 29 deadline.

Why the heck not? The only way the Jags are going to contend anytime soon is by stockpiling draft picks. ProFootballTalk suggests offering Maurice Jones-Drew to the Chargers, injured Marcedes Lewis to the Patriots and Dwight Lowery/Paul Posluszny to anyone that will take them. GM David Caldwell might not be actively shopping these players, but he'd be silly not to take offers seriously.
Quote: 

per rotoworld: 

<div>According to the NFL Network, the Jaguars are not shopping veteran players ahead of the Oct. 29 deadline.

Why the heck not? The only way the Jags are going to contend anytime soon is by stockpiling draft picks. ProFootballTalk suggests offering Maurice Jones-Drew to the Chargers, injured Marcedes Lewis to the Patriots and Dwight Lowery/Paul Posluszny to anyone that will take them. GM David Caldwell might not be actively shopping these players, but he'd be silly not to take offers seriously.

</div>

If he is or isn't shopping players, I am sure NFL network wouldn't know about it at this point. Nobody had a clue about EM.
Shopping players takes effort.  That's not the way we roll here.   Let other teams call us.  We may not get as much but it's a lot easier.

They might not be actively making calls, but I guarantee you they are answering the phones if they ring. Only a fool would think otherwise after the Monroe trade.

seeing as we got crap for one of our best players, others should be calling offering ham sandwiches and diet sodas.

Quote:If he is or isn't shopping players, I am sure NFL network wouldn't know about it at this point. Nobody had a clue about EM.

Exactly.
Quote:Shopping players takes effort.  That's not the way we roll here.   Let other teams call us.  We may not get as much but it's a lot easier.
Yeah, because the new staff has displayed lack of effort. Comical.
Quote:seeing as we got crap for one of our best players, others should be calling offering ham sandwiches and diet sodas.
What a foolish notion, dismissing 4th and 5th picks as crap. So short sighted and lacking in vision.
What you don't get with text is facial expressions and tone of voice. Clearly this was said in sarcasm and he winked at the end.

If Monroe through comp only would of netted us a fourth. Then we made out. But would we have even got that for a free agent?
Tmd where you late to the party. Gus stated that in his press conference.
Quote:What a foolish notion, dismissing 4th and 5th picks as crap. So short sighted and lacking in vision.
tell me the success rates of players picked in those slots. now look at what we traded, a top 10 LT in his prime.
First rule of GM club: Always keep the media informed as to your plans regarding potential player trades.

Second rule of GM club: ALWAYS keep the media informed as to your plans regarding potential player trades.
I'm sure the Patriots are stupid enough to trade for an injured Marcedes Lewis.  Yup.   :thumbsup:

You mean Re injured?
Quote:tell me the success rates of players picked in those slots. now look at what we traded, a top 10 LT in his prime.
It doesn't matter the only way Monroe would've been here next year is if we franchise tagged him and I can tell you now we aren't using that tag on anyone anytime soon. 

Sure the argument could be made that he Caldwell should've gotten more for Monroe however Monroe is in the last year of his contract, so its not like they get him for the next 5 yrs. 
Quote:tell me the success rates of players picked in those slots. now look at what we traded, a top 10 LT in his prime.
Do your own research kid. That top ten LT you're talking about has been part of a team that has won 7 lousy games out of the last 32. I simply fail to see him as a top ten anything. Not to mention he was gone in 12 more games anyway.
Quote:seeing as we got crap for one of our best players, others should be calling offering ham sandwiches and diet sodas.

But, boy, if you were the GM ...
Quote:What a foolish notion, dismissing 4th and 5th picks as crap. So short sighted and lacking in vision.
They don't nearly equate to being equal in value to a franchise LT. Take off those blinders please.
7-32 and I have seen at least 5 times he fell right into the QB.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11