Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: AP: Jaguars owner Khan speaks to team, seeks answers
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
http://www.foxsports.com/nfl/story/ap-so...ers-102616

JACKSONVILLE, Fla. (AP) Several people familiar with the situation say Jacksonville Jaguars owner Shad Khan made a rare appearance in front of the team a day after one of the most embarrassing losses in coach Gus Bradley's four-year tenure.

The people say Khan's message Monday night was ''why are we not winning and what can we do to fix it?'' The people spoke to The Associated Press Wednesday on condition of anonymity because details of the meeting have not been disclosed.

The people say Khan's open forum allowed players and coaches to ask questions and exchange thoughts about what's gone wrong for a team that was expected to make a significant jump this season.
Wow. I think maybe it actually is a legit possibility that Gus gets canned if we lose tomorrow
I think that's to be expected.

hmm...
Khan could have saved himself the walk and just logged on to the board for that answer.

Or he could have visited firegusbradley.com

Black Friday may come early this year...

they talked about Blake's drinking problem i bet

I lol'd at the thought of all the players just pointing to Gus.
I like that. Let them know Shad is looming over them and not happy about the start to this season. Heads will roll on Friday if we lose tomorrow

Nothing is happening on Friday if we lost. Don't get your hopes up. If Khan were serious about saving the season, he would have fired Gus after the humiliating loss in San Diego.

Oh boy.... why ask the players and coaches what can be done? That just screams of clueless owner. What are they gonna say? This sounds pointless to me and kind of shows Mr. Khan doesn't have the balls to do what's needed.... I'm not trying to add more negativity, but this just seemed pointless; unless it was individually done.
I personally am starting to think that Khan is either too soft or ignorant when it comes to football.  It doesn't sound like he understands that leadership (or lack of) is the problem and it begins at the top!

The article does not have a "heads will roll" tone.

Quote:Nothing is happening on Friday if we lost. Don't get your hopes up. If Khan were serious about saving the season, he would have fired Gus after the humiliating loss in San Diego.

To be fair at that point it was one loss, and good teams all lay eggs every year. But now we've seen enough evidence to more than justify sending Gus packing sooner than later.
Quote:I personally am starting to think that Khan is either too soft or ignorant when it comes to football.  It doesn't sound like he understands that leadership (or lack of) is the problem and it begins at the top!

The article does not have a "heads will roll" tone.

Or he hired the wrong GM.
Quote:To be fair at that point it was one loss, and good teams all lay eggs every year. But now we've seen enough evidence to more than justify sending Gus packing sooner than later.

It was more than one loss.

This team opened the season by playing a GB team tough. It appeared we may have turned the corner then he goes out and lays a complete egg to an inferior opponent on paper. It was a huge loss that basically showed that things will never change under Gus.
I'm fine with not having the Jetson your F.I.R.E.DDDDDDDDDDD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  Owner.  Silence speaks louder than words sometimes.

Could be the wrong GM...I've just seen too much improvement from Caldwell to think so...however, if Caldwell is still convinced that Gus is the man then yes, he is a problem too.

Quote:Oh boy.... why ask the players and coaches what can be done? That just screams of clueless owner. What are they gonna say? This sounds pointless to me and kind of shows Mr. Khan doesn't have the balls to do what's needed.... I'm not trying to add more negativity, but this just seemed pointless; unless it was individually done.
I'd rather have a football ignorant owner defer to the football people than a football ignorant owner try to implement changes blindly.
You know fans be fanning when they've gone "Khan is the problem"

flail away turd burglars 

Khan is new to the whole football business thing. Most people are who haven't, ya know, owned a franchise before.

DC was a rookie GM, who hired a rookie rah rah HC, who assembled a poor staff.

It never ceases to amaze me how foolish you people act around here.

This just in: Khan definitely won't be firing himself.... so... maybe change agendas back to targeting DC or Bortles.

Breaking news. These guys were seen roaming the halls of Everbank this morning.

[Image: maxresdefault.jpg]

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8