Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: Just Imagine.......
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6
As I was checking the highlights around the league yesterday and seeing some phenomenal QB performances from Aaron Rodgers, Phillip Rivers, Drew Brees, Tom Brady and a few others, I began to daydream. Just imagine if we had a really good QB to go along with our dominant defense. This team could be the best team in NFL history. Oh well, I guess I should be grateful for the defense we do have instead of the QB we are missing. It's still nice to imagine though. Maybe, someday..........
Wallbash Sorry but just a weak back handed BB5 slap when we just won the season opener. Not thread worthy.
(09-10-2018, 09:46 AM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote: [ -> ]As I was checking the highlights around the league yesterday and seeing some phenomenal QB performances from Aaron Rodgers, Phillip Rivers, Drew Brees, Tom Brady and a few others, I began to daydream. Just imagine if we had a really good QB to go along with our dominant defense. This team could be the best team in NFL history. Oh well, I guess I should be grateful for the defense we do have instead of the QB we are missing. It's still nice to imagine though. Maybe, someday..........

You know what all those QB's have in common? With maybe the exception Rivers? Same head coach. Rodgers has been with McCarthy since day one. Brees has been with Payton since day one. Brady has been with Belichick since day one. River has always been gifted and talented. They just can't seem to keep a team around him. Which is why he hasn't been to an AFCC game in nearly a decade.

But for the most part all of those QB's have had a well established coaching staff in front of them since day one. You can't say the same for Blake Bortles. I am not trying to make excuses for him. But to act like all of these other QB's haven't been set up to succeed more in better situations with better coaching is an understatement. Bortles has had maybe two or three offensive coordinators in four years.
its hard to hit on every player at every position. Its easy to look at highlights of other teams and say wow if only we had that player we would be awesome.

Everyone looks at our defense and thinks man if only we would've drafted that guy we would be unstoppable.

At the end of the day we have a top 5 team in the NFL. Yes BB is not our best player, but he is serviceable and there is a LOT of worse QB situations out there.
New Orleans is probably thinking wow, if only we had the Jags defense.
another thing in common with those QB,s they have all been to a SB and are considered the elite of the NFL. Try comparing highlights to BB contemporaries at QB. After BB has been in the league 10 years then you can compare him to them.

Watson did not look good
Luck did not look any better
mariaota left game again
jamis is suspended
trabiski was ok
wents still hurt
we see goff and carr tonight
lol, those guys are 10x better than bortles with or without the same coaching staff, can we be real?

bortles needs to find his late season and playoff form from last year, that bortles we can win with, this one from yesterday, we wont win playoff games
(09-10-2018, 11:06 AM)Krayz_Jville_D Wrote: [ -> ]lmao, those guys are 10x better than bortles with or without the same coaching staff, can we be real?

bortles needs to find his late season and playoff form from last year, that bortles we can win with, this one from yesterday, we wont win playoff games

Give me and example where he did anything wrong yesterday that would lead you to believe what your posting.
You can’t have both though. Elite QBs cost a ton of money. Money that the Jags gave to Campbell, Dareus, Jackson and Bouye. Money that will end up going to Yan, Jack and Ramsey.

Elite QB or elite defense. Can’t have both.
(09-10-2018, 11:13 AM)JAGFAN88 Wrote: [ -> ]
(09-10-2018, 11:06 AM)Krayz_Jville_D Wrote: [ -> ]lmao, those guys are 10x better than bortles with or without the same coaching staff, can we be real?

Give me and example where he did anything wrong yesterday that would lead you to believe what your posting.

And there's no reason for either to try to find a argument with some of these Blake Bortles haters because in their mind the narrative is already written and there's nothing he can do short of being a Hall of Famer that can change their opinion on him. Despite Blake okay play yesterday he still outperform some of these other quarterbacks in the NFL that game so much more praise and hype than him.
(09-10-2018, 10:21 AM)Caldrac Wrote: [ -> ]
(09-10-2018, 09:46 AM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote: [ -> ]As I was checking the highlights around the league yesterday and seeing some phenomenal QB performances from Aaron Rodgers, Phillip Rivers, Drew Brees, Tom Brady and a few others, I began to daydream. Just imagine if we had a really good QB to go along with our dominant defense. This team could be the best team in NFL history. Oh well, I guess I should be grateful for the defense we do have instead of the QB we are missing. It's still nice to imagine though. Maybe, someday..........

You know what all those QB's have in common? With maybe the exception Rivers? Same head coach. Rodgers has been with McCarthy since day one. Brees has been with Payton since day one. Brady has been with Belichick since day one. River has always been gifted and talented. They just can't seem to keep a team around him. Which is why he hasn't been to an AFCC game in nearly a decade.

But for the most part all of those QB's have had a well established coaching staff in front of them since day one. You can't say the same for Blake Bortles. I am not trying to make excuses for him. But to act like all of these other QB's haven't been set up to succeed more in better situations with better coaching is an understatement. Bortles has had maybe two or three offensive coordinators in four years.

You are right, thus bringing up the conundrum of is it the head coaches who are great coaches? Or do they seem great because of their QBs?

I too find myself dreaming a little bit because with even an above average quarterback this team could do some serious damage. I am glad that we won yesterday however watching a team like KC yesterday with Mahomes. That guy was a mid first round pick and while it is only one game, he looks like he's going to be the real deal.
are you guys actually serious? You think borltes played fine? Are you watching the same games? Go look what rodgers did last night, that is real QB play. Obvioulsy bortles isnt that, but to say he played fine yesterday is INSANE

we punted SEVEN TIMES IN THE 2ND HALF.... S E V E N

once fournette went out, besides the 1 drive before the half, the offense was DONE.

he had multiple balls tipped, there was a play or 2 that he should have absolutely been intercepted, he threw a 3rd down pass about 10 yards out of bounds (not intentionally), another 3rd down a crossing route was wide open for a 1st down and he threw it low starting right in front of a lineman who easily just batted it down. There were a couple of times he could have tucked the ball and ran, but for some reason he seems to only run now on designed runs and improvises far less.

He didn't play horrendously, but we once again won despite him, not because of him, as per the usual
(09-10-2018, 11:28 AM)Krayz_Jville_D Wrote: [ -> ]are you guys actually serious? You think borltes played fine? Are you watching the same games? Go look what rodgers did last night, that is real QB play. Obvioulsy bortles isnt that, but to say he played fine yesterday is INSANE

once fournette went out, besides the 1 drive before the half, the offense was DONE.

he had multiple balls tipped, there was a play or 2 that he should have absolutely been intercepted, he threw a 3rd down pass about 10 yards out of bounds (not intentionally), another 3rd down a crossing route was wide open for a 1st down and he threw it low starting right in front of a lineman who easily just batted it down. There were a couple of times he could have tucked the ball and ran, but for some reason he seems to only run now on designed runs and improvises far less.

He didn't play horrendously, but we once again won despite him, not because of him, as per the usual

One of your best posts ever/
Punting 7 times is not on BB5 that is on the OC and the crappy play calling and running up the middle.

he had 2 balls tipped 1 he was throwing in the ground as the screen was covered and the DE was 3 ft from him and got his hand on it.

1 of the 2 that should have been interecepted was a good ball but a better play be the DB they get payed to play too and are pretty good.

The ball 10 yards out of bound on 3rd down was a great play when everyone was covered and your being chased dont take teh sack toss out of bounds punt get defense back out there. that shows the maturity he has gained

ok ill give you the he should run more, there were alot of instances he could have taken off but didnt
/Looks at '85 Bears QB situation
//Looks at '00 Ravens QB situation

@IF ONLY.....@
(09-10-2018, 11:35 AM)JAGFAN88 Wrote: [ -> ]Punting 7 times is not on BB5 that is on the OC and the crappy play calling and running up the middle.

he had 2 balls tipped 1 he was throwing in the ground as the screen was covered and the DE was 3 ft from him and got his hand on it.

1 of the 2 that should have been interecepted was a good ball but a better play be the DB they get payed to play too and are pretty good.

The ball 10 yards out of bound on 3rd down was a great play when everyone was covered and your being chased dont take teh sack toss out of bounds punt get defense back out there. that shows the maturity he has gained

ok ill give you the he should run more, there were alot of instances he could have taken off but didn't

It was so Englewoodish
(09-10-2018, 11:28 AM)Krayz_Jville_D Wrote: [ -> ]are you guys actually serious?  You think borltes played fine?  Are you watching the same games?  Go look what rodgers did last night, that is real QB play.  Obvioulsy bortles isnt that, but to say he played fine yesterday is INSANE

he had multiple balls tipped, there was a play or 2 that he should have absolutely been intercepted, he threw a 3rd down pass about 10 yards out of bounds (not intentionally), another 3rd down a crossing route was wide open for a 1st down and he threw it low starting right in front of a lineman who easily just batted it down.  There were a couple of times he could have tucked the ball and ran, but for some reason he seems to only run now on designed runs and improvises far less.

Maybe we should define "fine".

I don't think "fine" means first ballot hall of fame.

I would obviously trade BB for Rodgers in a heartbeat. That being said, Rodgers just missed most of the last season and looks banged up already this year. Bortles doesn't have injury issues. Just saying.

Bortles performance yesterday did not change anyone's opinion on who he is. While he isn't going to be the reason we win a super bowl, he plays with a salary that allows us to pay this defense.
(09-10-2018, 09:50 AM)Jagwired Wrote: [ -> ]Wallbash Sorry but just a weak back handed BB5 slap when we just won the season opener. Not thread worthy.

It's actually not. I've finally come to the realization about our situation. Bortles is what he is. I fully support him, because I have no other choice. From what we see now, there is no good free agent QB's who will be available after this season and the QB class of 2019 sucks. Blake is our QB and I will roll with him and cheer him on. We got our opening day win and I'm thrilled. Just because you imagine "what if", doesn't mean you can't fully support your current situation. You've never fantasized about having "the perfect team" in Jacksonville?
(09-10-2018, 11:35 AM)JAGFAN88 Wrote: [ -> ]Punting 7 times is not on BB5 that is on the OC and the crappy play calling and running up the middle.

ok ill give you the he should run more, there were alot of instances he could have taken off but didnt

Play calling was spotty here and there. I am getting tired of them trying to run out of the spread or shotgun formation with no lead blockers involved. It's getting old. If you want to run. Just line up every big man you got and let the defense know "We're coming right at you. Stop it.".
(09-10-2018, 10:31 AM)RealJagsFan Wrote: [ -> ]New Orleans is probably thinking wow, if only we had the Jags defense.

Exactly!
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6